Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

your returns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: your returns
    Posted: 08/08/2006 at 6:27pm
Against different types of serves what do you tend to do?
Against short serves I try to flip all of them, which is pretty bad. I push serves typically that double bounce on table or try to loop aggressively, which works sometimes. Against long serves, I try to loop drive aggresively or if I can't reach it, I run and pop it up and it becomes a sort of fishing game until I can loop again. Against side spins I tend to be less aggressive.
Sponsored Links

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2006 at 5:07am
What it comes down to is what sort of game you want to play. I only hit topspin on long topspin serve. Otherwise I try to do heavy backspin on almost every serve. But, I dont mind to play a short backspin game. If you are a looper then a push och a flip is the best way to get some action in the ball. Sidespin serve is great for creating a backspin return, when succeded the ball goes wobbling wich makes it really unpredictable. Unfortunatly, I find it rather hard to do this effective...
The holy grail
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2006 at 5:10am
i feel that the key of the service receive is reading the spin on the on-comming ball. only then more option can be done to counter the serve ball...
JaisBane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaisBane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2006 at 6:07am
Unless I'm surprised by the spin/placement of the ball or I'm having difficulty returning a certain serve, I will flick and loop the majority of serves with my forehand. I usually stand near the left-hand corner of th table about a step and a half away, though I tend to vary this depending on the serving habits of my opponent. My favorite spot to attack is the lefthand corner (from my perspective), though I will vary this too by attacking the righthand corner and my opponent's elbow depending on how well he returns attacks to the lefthand corner. I also use spidespin in my loops and flicks in order to attack different spots. If my opponent likes to serve wide to my backhand then I will usually flick return with an rpb to his righthand corner, and the step around the lefthand corner and attack weaker serves to the lefthand corner. In general I like to attack quickly and end points early, which is made easier due to the fact that I'm very good at reading spin.
Xiom Hayabusa ZXi

FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic