Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ZIMBABWE OWNS.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ZIMBABWE OWNS.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZIMBABWE OWNS.
    Posted: 03/01/2010 at 1:32pm
Don't believe me? Then you're a RACIST.

Wink LOL LOL LOL

Come on! Too much tension around here lately! Let's all have a laugh. Hug

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Sponsored Links

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 1:33pm
ROFL Zimbabwe Power!
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 1:41pm
LOL WTF ANTON you really made me laugh.. but common ur a mod LOL
did Zimbabwe get a lot of medals also or something?:P
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 1:42pm
Interesting that you chose Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) a former British colony that was ruled by a white minority as an example
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 2:24pm
Don't forget to create these threads in Off-Topic subcategory, please.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Don't forget to create these threads in Off-Topic subcategory, please.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Hurricane Hao III
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

Just trying to have some fun and lighten the mood around here. There seems to be a lot of hostility lately.

I mean no disrespect to anybody, nor to any country.

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

Just trying to have some fun and lighten the mood around here. There seems to be a lot of hostility lately.I mean no disrespect to anybody, nor to any country.

haha it is really fun XD

Hurricane Hao III
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 2:12am
Zimbabwe does desserve some mention. Especially because "Balancing rocks" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balancing_Rocks

Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 2:32am
Originally posted by zrrbiteDK zrrbiteDK wrote:

Zimbabwe does desserve some mention. Especially becase "Balancing rocks" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balancing_Rocks

That is awesome.

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 3:38am
I think what Anton is doing is making fun, of those who lack originality when thinking up a thread title.

Lets face it, "XXXX owns" isn't exactly being imaginative and it doesn't really give you a clue, as to what the post is really about or whether it's worth reading.

If this thread was called "Zimbabwe's Balancing Rocks", now that would be an original title, that would capture some member's interest, as you'd would wonder what he's talking about.

It probably started as a direct result of the Canada owns thread, which in truth was about the success of Canadian athletes at the Winter Olympics.

I must admit, i haven't felt like looking at most of the other copycat "xxxx owns" titles.

However what makes this one different, is Anton has shown some originality, by picking an African country; that is well known for the plight and suffering of it's people, at the hands of a despot.

But, if you asked most members what makes them "own" anything, most would be scratching their head, to think of an answer.

At least with "Argentina owns", you know it could possibly be about their footballing prowess or their polo players being acknowledged as being world class.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 3:53am

It is because UK used to own all of those so-called owners. Now you are showing off reminiscent vestiges of old imperial glory in your threadtitle-negligent attitude. Wink

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 4:01am
Imago

That's one angle I wouldn't have thought of.
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

I think what Anton is doing is making fun, of those who lack originality when thinking up a thread title.

Lets face it, "XXXX owns" isn't exactly being imaginative and it doesn't really give you a clue, as to what the post is really about or whether it's worth reading.

If this thread was called "Zimbabwe's Balancing Rocks", now that would be an original title, that would capture some member's interest, as you'd would wonder what he's talking about.

It probably started as a direct result of the Canada owns thread, which in truth was about the success of Canadian athletes at the Winter Olympics.

I must admit, i haven't felt like looking at most of the other copycat "xxxx owns" titles.

However what makes this one different, is Anton has shown some originality, by picking an African country; that is well known for the plight and suffering of it's people, at the hands of a despot.

But, if you asked most members what makes them "own" anything, most would be scratching their head, to think of an answer.

At least with "Argentina owns", you know it could possibly be about their footballing prowess or their polo players being acknowledged as being world class.

It's funny the things we attribute to others & ourselves that we are often convinced of, sometimes not as much so,  that may be nowhere near the "truth", but please don't stop guessing; I do it to.
The "OWNS" threads were spun off of the Canadian one. Certainly easy to guess or deduce that. To  say what Anton is doing here... let me put it this way; I don't "know" but i like my guess more than yours.
Maybe Anton was/is doing exactly what he said he was doing?

Where I may agree with you is when you say "if you asked most members what makes them 'own' anything, most would be scratching their head, to think of an answer."
This is only so if they've a certain capacity.
Many might spout an answer quite quickly.

Oh that rascal Anton, he's so clever!

LOL

NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 5:33am
True

My perception of what Anton thought maybe wide of the mark.

However, I do feel that he likes to play devil's advocate at times; as that's a side of his character, that's come through on other posts before and therefore I sense he is challenging us think outside the box, by posing the question, what does Zimbabwe own.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic