Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to boost a Hurricane 3 Neo and Skylien 3 Neo?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to boost a Hurricane 3 Neo and Skylien 3 Neo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to boost a Hurricane 3 Neo and Skylien 3 Neo?
    Posted: 06/09/2014 at 12:37am
How do you boost those rubbers?

Do you remove the glue like layer on the bottom of the sponge, then apply some water based glue then the booster?

What are the procedures? 

Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

Sponsored Links

808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 5:35am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrc8lixJ4r8&sns=em

That glue layer is locking in the original factory boost. If you're boosting a used NEO, I would remove the factory glue then apply a thin layer of your WBG and then your booster followed by final layer of glue to reattach to blade
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2014 at 6:35am
Thanks,

Yeah, I watched that video and I was wondering if the glue layer or tuning layer was removed before they apply the new glue plus the booster. 

what's the step for a new NEO rubber? :)

Edited by dannyreventon - 06/09/2014 at 6:57am
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit

Stiga Clipper Wood

Avenger 5

Tibhar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibhar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2014 at 5:56am
I am wondering about the same thing :)
Johnny.d.p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Johnny.d.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2014 at 7:16am
What I do with NEO sheets is: I try to remove all of the tuning layer by scratching it first then peeling it. If that doesn't work, I add a layer of glue on top then scratch and peel that layer along with the NEO layer. There should be no glue left on the sponge at all.

Then, I start at square one. I apply 4 even layers of glue, allowing each layer to dry completely before the next is applied. I then boost the sponge with DianChi oil booster, 1 layer at a time. I apply the first layer and I wait for about 2 hours before I apply the next layer. It's recommended that you wait at least 10 hours but patience is not one of my virtues. I am still to one day learn my lesson. I wait about 3 hours between each layer or I apply the next layer when the glue and sponge looks dry. I apply 4 layers of booster or boost until the rubber domes up to the point that the opposite ends of the sheet touch. 

I let the rubber rest for several days or until the sheet seems to be able to be glued on. I then glue the sheet from the label outwards. Be sure to apply decent pressure to really roll out the rubber because it will still be domed and it may be hard to glue it properly. Roll the rubber out well and cut the rubber with overhang because it will shrink. Clamp the rubber for however long you usually clamp it for and then enjoy your boosted rubber.
BTY Viscaria FL 88g | DHS H3 BS 2.1 41 x DianChi | BTY Tenergy 64

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2014 at 8:12am
Thanks man! :D
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit

Stiga Clipper Wood

Avenger 5

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2014 at 5:12am
W0w s0 much w0rk :O
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2014 at 5:00pm
you can boost directly on without removing anything. the "factory tuning layer" is for tuning but does not give you the boost effect. it's there to protect the sponge.

Edited by kurokami - 06/11/2014 at 5:00pm
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2014 at 5:43pm
It looks like DHS NEO and #50 sponge respond to Seamoon booster pretty well. This is what I have for Neo TG3 40 degree and H3-50 after 3 layers of Seamoon. I left the original layer untouched on TG3. I plan to do 3 layers of Dianchi glue and sandwich more Seamoon layers on them. I have to remove the rubber sticky sheet to allow for the doming.

Edited by simon_xuan - 06/11/2014 at 5:44pm
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

you can boost directly on without removing anything. the "factory tuning layer" is for tuning but does not give you the boost effect. it's there to protect the sponge.

I have a question on this, if you do not remove the glue sheet that comes with the rubber at the back, does it not prevent the rubber from expanding when you boost it? And does the booster not seep into the sponge if it was not removed?
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 2:14pm
Bump, anyone have an answer to my question? I'm really curious. I just may boost an old sheet of DHS NEO rubber but removing the glue sheet is too hard.
Johnny.d.p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny.d.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 2:22am
Originally posted by NBSR NBSR wrote:

Bump, anyone have an answer to my question? I'm really curious. I just may boost an old sheet of DHS NEO rubber but removing the glue sheet is too hard.

It should be okay to boost over pre-existing glue. The glue will soften as the boosting process takes place. Anyway, even without softening, the glue is still flexible, it's not a solid sheet of glue, the glue will still allow the sheet to move and flex. The booster will still seep through the glue and get to the sponge. The regular fresh boosting procedure involves adding a layer or several layers of glue to the sponge anyway so the booster will still reach the sponge regardless of if there is glue on the sponge or not. I hope that answers your question.
BTY Viscaria FL 88g | DHS H3 BS 2.1 41 x DianChi | BTY Tenergy 64
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Johnny.d.p Johnny.d.p wrote:

Originally posted by NBSR NBSR wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
It should be okay to boost over pre-existing glue. The glue will soften as the boosting process takes place. Anyway, even without softening, the glue is still flexible, it's not a solid sheet of glue, the glue will still allow the sheet to move and flex. The booster will still seep through the glue and get to the sponge. The regular fresh boosting procedure involves adding a layer or several layers of glue to the sponge anyway so the booster will still reach the sponge regardless of if there is glue on the sponge or not. I hope that answers your question.</span>

Thanks for the reply. However, I'm not really concerned about the glue I put in but the glue sheet sticker that came on the back of the rubber. You know, the one with the white film in which you take off? The one that makes them say you only need to put one glue layer on the blade because the rubber can stick fine without further glue. I'm talking about that glue sheet. Not the WBG layer that was on there because of me. Or were you talking about this? Maybe I read your comment wrong.
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 5:43am
2 layers water glue... 3 4or 5 layer booster and go ;)
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 10:29am
@NBSR no it won't prevent the sponge from expanding. the booster solution seeps through even multiple layers. some ppl as panany said even add some WBG layers first.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2021 at 3:06pm
*BUMP*

All these years later, I am still curious as to how many players with bubbles on their boosted H3 removed the factory glue layer on the NEOs?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic