FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The Euro Top-12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Euro Top-12
    Posted: 01/30/2010 at 10:10pm
will be held in Duesseldorf next weekend.

it will be streamed live on http://www.ttstar.eu/live starting at 10 am CET (or 4 am ET here in north america) next saturday morning.

the players will be boll, samsonov, maze (?), ovtcharov, schlager, kreanga, persson, chen weixing, primorac, baum, suess, and gardos.  steger, gionis, crisan and smirnov are alternates.  they might need one of those guys to replace maze...

given that nobody from the chinese nat'l team or the korean nat'l team is allowed to participate, and michael maze is hurt (he didn't play yesterday in roskilde's loss to duesseldorf), you gotta figure the prohibitive favorite will be no one other than timo boll.

somehow, though, i have the feeling he's not gonna win it.  i think he's gonna get upset this time around.  so, i'm picking either samsonov or ovtcharov, or possibly schlager, to win it this time.
Sponsored Links

takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2010 at 10:25pm
actually, i'm not sure about that time.  ttlive says they'll start up at 10 am CET, but i'm looking right now at the schedule on the euro top-12 website and they say there that play will start at 11 am.
xLeitix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLeitix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 6:28am
Hmm, I may be stupid, but how do I actually watch the live match there? I can see the 'Live Video' marker next to many games / tournaments, but I cannot find the actual stream.

Sorry for my stupidity.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 6:37am
try reading my post again.

the "live video" marker will be there next weekend.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 9:31am
Bolls cup
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 9:55am

I also have the feeling that Boll is not going to win the top-12 this time.

I have the feeling that Boll is going to win a world singles championship. Smile

ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

I have the feeling that Boll is going to win a world singles championship. Smile

Boll is able to beat Wang Hao, now ma long and Ma Lin, but its still far away, first the men's teams, I hope Germany comes out versus Korea in the Semis, not china, Germany is better than South-Korea I think^^

PS: 2009 - 2010 Every big tt tournament is held in Russia, is there a reason?
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 11:07am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

hahahahahahaha!! 

sorry, ej--still no prize for you--not yet!!!
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 11:16am
"2009 - 2010 Every big tt tournament is held in Russia, is there a reason?"

they've had something of an economic recovery in the past few years, so they have a little money there now to "play" with.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 1:26pm

just that to have some fun taka.  

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 10:14pm
how popular is tt in russia?
the slovenian open lacked the audience numbers...
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2010 at 10:25am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

About as popular as it is in the USA - not much that is. They have about 5000 registered players but the thing is that the licence to play in FNTR-affiliated events (FNTR means Russian Table Tennis Federation) is about 60 dollars. Which is ridiculous since it is higher even that in the US.

Therefore hundreds (thousands, probably) of players are not registered but play in commercial self-organized tournaments all around the country - mostly in large cities of course.

Generally, none of the clubs are very large nor sponsored by local or federal governments or municipal powers - same as in the US. As I said, generally the level of involvement, popularity and attendance for the tournaments is about the same as in the USA. However, for the major events like World Cup or WTTC the bleachers were at least half-full; more or less full for the finals.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 10:42am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

About as popular as it is in the USA - not much that is.

i'm a little surprised at that, cuz most of the russians i encounter here tend to be better than most americans.  although most of the ones i've met also tend to be older.

maybe it's a generational thing like in, say, japan.  it was popular in the past, but not popular now.
menikmati View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menikmati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2010 at 1:29am
Russian Federation hired Mario Amizic. If you notice what he did with the japanese you can guess what he will do with the russians. I guess they will be very strong in the next years.
I'm looking forward for the ET12, I will be there ;)
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2010 at 10:15am
yeah, that was a good move on their part--he definitely turned japanese TT around.

et12...   lucky you!!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2010 at 10:31am
Originally posted by menikmati menikmati wrote:

Russian Federation hired Mario Amizic. If you notice what he did with the japanese you can guess what he will do with the russians. I guess they will be very strong in the next years.
I'm looking forward for the ET12, I will be there ;)

Recently someone on a Russian forum asked one of the top players what was Amizic doing lately - and the guy replied that noone has seen him in some time. There was some plan created etc but not a lot of actual interaction and/or things done. So far, not much, it seems...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

actually, i'm not sure about that time.  ttlive says they'll start up at 10 am CET, but i'm looking right now at the schedule on the euro top-12 website and they say there that play will start at 11 am.

ttlive has updated their schedule and now it says that they will start at 11 am CET.

so, saturday will be a busy day for TT.  the chinese men's team trials start at 3:30 am ET and then this event starts at 5 am ET and will go on for more or less 12 hours!!  i can't wait!!
menikmati View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menikmati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 3:06am

Recently someone on a Russian forum asked one of the top players what was Amizic doing lately - and the guy replied that noone has seen him in some time. There was some plan created etc but not a lot of actual interaction and/or things done. So far, not much, it seems...

I didn't know that, but there must be a good reason. I spoke with him several times in D�sseldorf and he told me that it's fun to work with young children who're just beginning to develop, so what's the point of just NOT working with the russian teenagers :)

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 3:23am
Maze is out, Baum is in. Due to drop kicking table injury, lols.
menikmati View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menikmati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 4:18am
I guess you mean Steger.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 5:03am
Yeah, that's what I meant...
Valerikim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valerikim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 5:23am

Could you give me the url of this Russian forum please? I was looking for something like this for quite a while.
Blade: Butterfly Jun Mizutani
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 black
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 red
Glue: Tear Mender
IceObsession View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceObsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 3:05am
I will be supporting Timo Boll for the men's event and Viktoria Pavlovich for the women's event. What about you guys?
FH: DHS Neo Hurricane III
BH: TSP Spectol 21
Blade: TSP Limban Offensive(FL)
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 5:34am
Boll - Steger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 5:40am

Boll - Steger 4:0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 5:47am
Samsonov - Suss 4:1
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 6:13am
it's just me or there is no sound in video stream?
crs2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 6:23am
there is sound, a horror movie sound
Andy Kante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 6:28am
Seems like the Stream is made by real pro's LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 6:58am
Dodean - Wu Jiaduo 4:2  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic