Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Moon (T05) Sun(T25) Mars(T64) reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galaxy Moon (T05) Sun(T25) Mars(T64) reviews
    Posted: 02/01/2011 at 6:58pm
I will be reviewing at least 2 of these rubbers in coming days. But feel free to post your reviews if you already played with them. 

i played briefly with Moon, and it did seem a little like the tenergy series rubbers, but a lot lot more like an improved version of red diamond.

i am thinking of using moon or sun on my BH.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 7:02pm
If you use rubber cement to put the rubbers on, please let us know as that can change the way it plays a lot. Also, if you use a tuner or spinmax. Smile

Edited by Hookshot - 02/01/2011 at 7:05pm
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 7:10pm
I've been told by an ex-intern at Ping Pong World that these rubbers are "popular" in Japan.  By popular I mean 10000 sheets/month or year.  But still 10000 sheets, is a lot of rubber.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Hookshot Hookshot wrote:

If you use rubber cement to put the rubbers on, please let us know as that can change the way it plays a lot. Also, if you use a tuner or spinmax. Smile

hookshot, are you really asking me if i use rubber cement after being on this forum for 5 years?  LOL

spinmax ..!!! Shocked no not again, that was 2.5 - 3 years back when i used spinmax aqua. 
vid1
Vid 2
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 7:20pm
I am asking after reading your thread on Eliminating rubbers, seems you mention spinmax, tuners, etc a few times. If you use rubber cement, please let me know how many days after you put the rubber on you do the review. The first two days can be very different than later.  Smile
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 7:20pm
Debraj,

Could you provide the hardness/Thickness on your review as well? As I know, Moon, Sun and Mars has many different hardness/thickness. Therefore, it is really hard to tell about the rubber' characteristic.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 7:48pm
tdragon: i will try to provide all those parameters

hookshot: jokes apart, the only glue i used in last 3 years is tearmender. it has outlived all my other equipments. :)
vid1
Vid 2
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 7:50pm
Thanks debraj,
Smile    
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 11:25pm
bookmarked** ^_^
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 11:37pm
What planet are you on!    (just a little side joke)   Wink 

Ive heard on the Sun and Moon but I didn't realise they had a Mars version?
It should be very interestion hearing about them
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2011 at 11:49pm
I gotta hear this one.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
Speedstick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 6:09am
will be waiting for your review of SUN.
JOOLA Stellwag; Xiom Sigma Euro/Stiga Almana Sound ST

BUTTERFLY Red Kim Taek Soo; XIOM Omega IV

Lord, Grant what You command, and command what You will. -ST.AUGUSTINE
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 10:00am
Got a pair of Sun 36. Behaves very much like Tenergy as far as external physical properties are concerned. Elastic, totally non-tacky topsheet, sponge is the same as T05, probably not that porous but reacting in the same way. Good spin, probably about 85% of T05, 70 g uncut, 51-52 cut for OSP 528 (159x150). Red rubber translucent. Pimples are bigger than T25 but the feeling is clearly of T05.

Played half an hour with them and dozen of games. Reliable at all distances, not that much sensitive to incoming spin, good for blocking, excellent for looping, requires better coordination while chopping.

First impressions are very good. Will be keeping them for two weeks to test consistency and change of characteristics over time.

So far: Bargain rubbers in every and all respects.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 1:49pm

imago: that's great initial feedback. from the reviews, i was beginning to think, that sun probably doesn't loop that good, but blocks best. good that you help correct my thinking.

for those who can't wait.. here is 25 page thread on german forum on these rubbers. 

what i don't understand is why germans always buy 1.9 or 1.7, and then complain that rubber is not fast enough...???
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 2:03pm
imago: did you play with LKT torrent ever? it has same huge pips... and throw was non-linear from low speed to high speed. do you see anything like that in this rubber?

vid1
Vid 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

for those who can't wait.. here is 25 page thread on german forum on these rubbers. 

what i don't understand is why germans always buy 1.9 or 1.7, and then complain that rubber is not fast enough...???

...and too hard in 33 degrees?!

I don't think so. 36 degrees is as hard as any regular Tenergy sponge. Topsheet seems even softer.

From my experience with Mercury 2, I know that the Moxa topsheed has to be warmed up. If this is the same Moxa with Sun we should expect it to become even more soft within ten days. Although I suspect that the Sun Moxa is as close to the Mercury 2 Moxa as Venus 2 MaxTense sponge is close to Sun MaxTense sponge. In other words, nothing in common.

Edited by Imago - 02/02/2011 at 3:02pm
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 3:10pm

tdragon: i will try to provide all those parameters

hookshot: jokes apart, the only glue i used in last 3 years is tearmender. it has outlived all my other equipments. :)

i think hookshot asked because you tend to tune both topsheets and sponges with PO at any given moment, particularly after a bad night of playing. And as you well know, PO can radically alter the player properties of a sheet of rubber, and sometimes not for the better :)

...says the guy with a 2.0mm h3 and mendo 2.0 "cooking" on his Vintage Gatien Extra right now (the PO takes its time to set)...
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
hclnnkhg View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hclnnkhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

From my experience with Mercury 2, I know that the Moxa topsheed has to be warmed up. If this is the same Moxa with Sun we should expect it to become even more soft within ten days. Although I suspect that the Sun Moxa is as close to the Mercury 2 Moxa as Venus 2 MaxTense sponge is close to Sun MaxTense sponge. In other words, nothing in common.

Sun and Moon are Max Tense while Mars is Moxa. According to Yinhe Moxa is a relatively inexpensive SGE tech.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 3:17pm
icontek ... i tune rubbers only if they lose grip, after weeks of usage. never new rubbers. and not to enhance performance, but only to bring back to original performance. also, independent where you apply, after 3-4 hours PO spreads everywhere. :)

imago: absolutely agree. in tt-news.de; someone can perfectly put 33degree 1.7mm rubber on all- wood blade (and claim that he is a looper) ...and complain too hard and too slow.

i think icontek can join that forum and his pitch for slower blade will be taken more seriously. LOL
vid1
Vid 2
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2011 at 9:38pm
Can't wait to read some reviews in English. I ordered 2 sheets of the moon in 2.0mm 34 degree, but won't arrive till Friday.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 1:41am
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

Can't wait to read some reviews in English. I ordered 2 sheets of the moon in 2.0mm 34 degree, but won't arrive till Friday.

2.0 ? 34 degree? are you from germany?Wink
vid1
Vid 2
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 2:47am
deb pls tell us what hardness and thickness did you get and what do you think is the hardness one should have the same( or close to  feel/speed/spin of 2.1mm T05/05fx and T25.

thanks in advance
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 3:07am

Impressions are very controversial on the German forum. Some say 33 d are like concrete (Beton), others complain that 36 d are too soft, some have got fissures and swolen topsheets after 15 m play, others say it is perfect (einwandfrei) after 2 months. One is for sure - the max rubbers are heavy, Sun is more heavy than Moon.

And there is a strange diversification we don't see on the International shops - Pro versions of Sun and Moon with different sponge color, tuned. The Pro version China_friend is selling has only different topsheet, super tacky as per request of some Provincial team.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 3:46am
I got a new sheet of Moon 37deg with 2mm thick in Black today.  This is not typical Chinese rubber but very jap/euro liked rubber.  Rubber is not tacky at all but very grippy.  The sponge is not hard or mushy and the hardness feel should be in between T05 and T05FX.  However, it does not have that spring effect like Tenergy.  The rubber is light.  The uncut weight ~ 60grs and ~ 42grs after cut for LatCoustik blade.

Quick observation after playing ~ 2hrs.

Very nice rubber with great control.  It also does everything well but lack of power when playing from mid distance and far from table.  Much less spinny than T05 for sure.  However, it shines in the department of blocking and smashing.  Another great feature is that it is not very sensitive for the incoming spin.  Fits better on BH than FH.  It might also match better with faster and crispy blade.  I'll try to review more after several sections.

Edited by ThaiLe - 02/03/2011 at 3:47am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 5:23am
This is the reason why I picked Sun over Moon after watching the Jp videos. More power due to the larger pimples.

I was also told that Moon max uncut is about 64 g. It would make 10-12 g less for the entire combo.

@ hclnnkhg
Moxa on Mercury is a very good cover, no matter how cheap. After a month or so it becomes tacky and feels like a good H3 38 Pro.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 8:12am

Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

2.0 ? 34 degree? are you from germany?Wink

Haha! Actually born and raised in the US. Tenergy05 was a bit much for me to handle close to the net. With Moon and Ten05 being closely related, I figured I'd give it a shot for the price. If it's too slow, but spins well, I'll drop another $25 and get a 2.3mm.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 9:26am
Nice review ThaiLe!
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 1:43pm

imago: that's great initial feedback. from the reviews, i was beginning to think, that sun probably doesn't loop that good, but blocks best. good that you help correct my thinking.

It is probably the same american phenomenon of usatt rated 1600 player sporting an off+ blade with Tenergy max on both sides complaining about the rubber lacking touch :)

That is probably the trend in Germany. Use thinner rubber and extract your speed by learning proper techniques. They maybe on to something.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

It is probably the same american phenomenon of usatt rated 1600 player sporting an off+ blade with Tenergy max on both sides complaining about the rubber lacking touch :)

That is probably the trend in Germany. Use thinner rubber and extract your speed by learning proper techniques. They maybe on to something.

...being on other extreme doesn't make one wise. they are as naive as the us intermediates sporting super fast equipments.

Edited by debraj - 02/03/2011 at 2:54pm
vid1
Vid 2
prott.co.uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prott.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 3:35pm
You class someone using 2.0mm rubbers as as extreme and naive? LOL

Edited by prott.co.uk - 02/03/2011 at 3:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic