FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

xiom tau II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 2:11pm
at one point, i was using the tack column to find my next rubber. But the link you provided is by lowest price xp.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:00pm
yea, lowest price and THEN tack, better this way than Tack THEN price. 
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:03pm
i see what you did there Cool

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:06pm
if I were you I wouldnt shop around though, I have had it with chinese QC, better to get an ESN germany made and be over with. 
FS:

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:07pm
...good luck in finding the tack you want. 

hows the match with chinese pro girl?

Edited by ahsq - 06/29/2015 at 3:32pm
FS:

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:31am
Waiting till next semester. Meanwhile I get to warm up and find a suitable rubber for my fh. I have two sheets of mercury 2 . If i like the way they play on table, i will probably get a sheet of moon pro. Tacky with slight amount of livliness for off table gameplay.
My team bought me t05fx and 64 . Thats also an option. But that will take me a full session to switch to non tacky on fh.

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 10:10am
im not sure if chinese tack is ideal vs german esn...moon pro is little cheaper than a Tau with discount. you got free tenergys? lol I shoulda join the club when i was in college.
FS:

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 10:32am
I used Palio Thor's aaaages ago.  I hit some of the best shots of my life with that rubber.  I remember playing in a small venue once and I hit a shot from the doorway and won the point.  I went on about hitting a winner from the next room for weeks afterwards.  I also made so many mistakes with it.  I was a shambles, really.  Living off my one cross-room winner reputation until my bar tab ran out.

I tried Tau for a very brief spell a while back with cell, and it was a better package, but still a handful.  It was definitely the deadliest tacky rubber from distance I've ever used (without boosting a chinese rubber, obviously).  But when in close you had to be quite careful.  Drives were slow, but brushes could be nuclear with a mad high throw, so taking a short mid-table no-spin ball on was always interesting.  Loop from distance and loop-drive up close was the answer, but it was still a bit too much.  You had to be on it, all the time.  No switching off allowed.

Anyway, back to the present day!  For kicks, I got a fresh sheet of Tau to try it with plastic balls, and it was a nice experience.  Perhaps Tau was a rubber which came too soon, a misfit at the start but now the real world has caught up with it somewhat.  It has the power and grip to play a dominating style of game with the new ball.  It still throws quite high on a pure brush - you get a real feel of carrying the ball in the direction of the brush (even when serving), but the benefit is that slow brush looping with plastic is a real breeze - better than any of the other recent tacky releases I've used.  It still lacks power on flat drives, which might end up being the issue in the end - hard to stop the opponent from blasting through a weak drive these days - more so than before.

I'd love to try this topsheet on a hard, modern sponge like the one on Omega V Asia.  Just a little bit more give and kick from drives.  But maybe that makes brushing too unstable.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 12:05pm
I dont block on fh anymore. Fan zhen dong taught me xp. But I do drive though.
Slowly im working out of the habit of blocking on backhand as well.

Is tau really that bad on drives compared to skyline tg3 neo?

Im winning games by camping but power from away from table is just comedy. I have to load massive topspin to get it on.... I think tau would help me hugeeeee in that factor.

Btw really appreciate the detailed review. Thank you.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 12:06pm
I believe tau 2 would have one of the omega series sponge. I could probably switch between fh and bh if its the ovp sponge.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Is tau really that bad on drives compared to skyline tg3 neo? 

Not compared to TG3, no.  Compared to other hard tensors, yes it's a lot slower.  But it's not Tackiness D.  You just have to be aware that strong brushy loops are amazing and flat drives are...less so.

Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Im winning games by camping but power from away from table is just comedy. I have to load massive topspin to get it on.... I think tau would help me hugeeeee in that factor.

Btw really appreciate the detailed review. Thank you.

Yeah, possibly!  Counter-looping and re-looping from distance is much better than any commercial Hurricane or Skyline.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:05pm
Hey Andy, stop trolling on all these different threads and instead write down your review of the Acuda P series NOW!!

Smile
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Hey Andy, stop trolling on all these different threads and instead write down your review of the Acuda P series NOW!!

Smile

OT.  Ban this sick filth.  Smile
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:27pm
thank you Mr. Smith

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

im not sure if chinese tack is ideal vs german esn...moon pro is little cheaper than a Tau with discount. you got free tenergys? lol I shoulda join the club when i was in college.

heh heh Education cost went up. I figured might as well charge them for something pricey to get some back.

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:30pm
yea, the club budget thingy. what a way get some!
FS:

p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2016 at 5:34pm
I can't get Tau I in the US any more. Does anyone know if Xiom has discontinued Tau I? If so, is Tau II coming soon? Thanks!
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2016 at 8:52pm
Tau is still available from Xiom... Tau II not yet.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2016 at 3:42am
Tau(boosted) plays like a dream on my Senkoh 90. Unfortunately it didn't shake hands with my carbon blades. Really heavy as well......I am looking forward to the Tau II
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2016 at 12:46pm
I have used many sheets of DHS H3, H3 Provincial, H3 Neo, Nittaku H3, Nittaku H3 Pro, etc... just like many forum members have experienced, the quality of H3 is all over the place. I would like to stay away from Chinese made rubbers if I can. I have a Chinese style stroke (loop with straight arm and more brushing motion). I have tried non-tacky rubbers on forehand but I don't have the proper stroke to loop well with them. I have also tried Palio Thor's. It plays well but it has very short longevity. My latest endeavor is Xiom Tau I. In contrary to what others has commented, it is not as spiny as Thor's. It's very heavy but I don't mind the additional weight if it plays well. I'm looking forward to Xiom Tau II. Anyone out there has the same frustration as me? Any recommendations on rubber for me? Thanks!      
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2016 at 3:39am
I never did straight comparison between my Thor's and the Tau and I can't say that Thor's was spinier.Maybe a bit faster and less predictable. In my head Tau is steadier and has more spin in just about any shot.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2021 at 10:37pm
Where can we buy Tau II in the US from a reliable source?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2021 at 1:24am
Originally posted by p3v56yahoocom p3v56yahoocom wrote:

Where can we buy Tau II in the US from a reliable source?

You have to buy it from aliexpress. It is china only product. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Music&Ping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Music&Ping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2021 at 4:17am
prott.vip got some too,  32 bucks.
Music&Ping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Music&Ping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2021 at 4:26am

I have used many sheets of DHS H3, H3 Provincial, H3 Neo, Nittaku H3, Nittaku H3 Pro, etc... just like many forum members have experienced, the quality of H3 is all over the place. I would like to stay away from Chinese made rubbers if I can. I have a Chinese style stroke (loop with straight arm and more brushing motion). I have tried non-tacky rubbers on forehand but I don't have the proper stroke to loop well with them. I have also tried Palio Thor's. It plays well but it has very short longevity. My latest endeavor is Xiom Tau I. In contrary to what others has commented, it is not as spiny as Thor's. It's very heavy but I don't mind the additional weight if it plays well. I'm looking forward to Xiom Tau II. Anyone out there has the same frustration as me? Any recommendations on rubber for me? Thanks!      

Yeah I'm frustrated too, also because it's still lockdown where I am (France). I've purchased a Dignics 09C already, but I'm planning to try some black H8 (I'm not "fond" of boostering) as it is more or less the same price and is available here in all hardnesses. I'm also in that chinese FH stroke category, when I came back I glued the same ESN rubbers on both sides (Andro Rasanter 47) my BH is 90% near from what I was able to do before, but my FH is just wonky: I'm full of spin but I land over the table, most of the time straight arm with a large motion... I've used my old Vario, but it's too slow now with the P Ball, some slower ESN rubber too, but it doesn't work too. So I've got to be back to a chinese tacky hard thing too, this is what I've used decades ago as a teen when I started TT and helped me make progress.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2021 at 5:07am
pingpongonline.com sells them too. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2021 at 12:41am

rakza Z Hard, a friend likes chinese rubbers and now he plays with rakza Z
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2021 at 7:53am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

rakza Z Hard, a friend likes chinese rubbers and now he plays with rakza Z

Rakza Z series just plays differently from the H3 series. The Xiom Tau II was designed to be a boosted H3 rubber.

Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2021 at 11:06am
Anyone got any comparison with the Tibhar K2? I guess they should be rather similar...?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Anyone got any comparison with the Tibhar K2? I guess they should be rather similar...?

The K2 is faster. The Tau 2 was made to be just a more bouncy hurricane 3 but with a harder sponge.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic