Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World #90 Iba Diaw loses to Opponent, Calls Hacks!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World #90 Iba Diaw loses to Opponent, Calls Hacks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hassancooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World #90 Iba Diaw loses to Opponent, Calls Hacks!
    Posted: 11/04/2023 at 12:36am

My personal opinion: I dont care if they microwaved their paddle then rubbed Tom and Jerry grade slippery oil all over the paddle. Not really a match ya should be losing even if they were cheating. Fight me in the comments.
Sponsored Links

Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2023 at 3:21am
The lady player, Jiangshan Guo has been rated as high as 2555 and usually plays around 2500 level.  Her rating going into the tournament was low for some reason.  My guess is Diaw expected an easy match and hadn't played long pips in ages, so this hurt him a bit.  Also as a former pro from China, Jiangshan is probably used to playing high quality shots that Diaw produces and actually might have more trouble from weaker players. 

Having spent some time around her and her husband, there is absolutely no way she cheated.  Diaw just needs to spend a few hours playing against long pips and focus a bit more. 
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2023 at 9:25am
I don't think she cheated, but it is suspicious that she says she uses Ilius S when Ilius (and butterfly rubbers in general) doesn't come in green (yet). Based on photos posted and the rubber color i assumed it was dawei 388d-2 (and she used to use 388d-1).

If I had to guess, based on the fact that she's been making videos for Butterfly and has switched to the Super Viscaria and Dignics, she's probably sponsored by Butterfly and she said that so as to keep them happy.

In this video they show her using Illius as well.

Edited by liXiao - 11/04/2023 at 9:50am
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2023 at 10:18am
I’m lost, I seen her play , good player and friendly. Why are they saying she cheated ?? The last time she show us her pips was 388 but that was before her sponsorship with BTY
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2023 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

I’m lost, I seen her play , good player and friendly. Why are they saying she cheated ?? The last time she show us her pips was 388 but that was before her sponsorship with BTY

bait?
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2023 at 4:57pm
She was less than truthful when asked about her bh rubber. Instead of showing her racket, she looked it up on her phone and the rubber she stated only comes in black and red. Somewhat suspicious.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2023 at 9:20pm
It is not really suspicious at all.  If a player is sponsored by a certain company and use another company's products, they certainly do not want to advertise it.  They would want to be as quiet about it as possible.  There are countless examples of people who are sponsored by one company but play with a viscaria with a modified handle, or they use butterfly rubbers or H3 when their main sponsor is some other company.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

It is not really suspicious at all.  If a player is sponsored by a certain company and use another company's products, they certainly do not want to advertise it.  They would want to be as quiet about it as possible.  There are countless examples of people who are sponsored by one company but play with a viscaria with a modified handle, or they use butterfly rubbers or H3 when their main sponsor is some other company.
I agreed, why is no one is saying WR#90 cannot play against LP, lol . I think it’s a handicap when someone plays with LP anyways, there is so much a LP player can do 

Edited by Chopper88 - 11/06/2023 at 12:21pm
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2023 at 3:04pm
Any one has a video of this match? 
Met her once. I was interested what she used. She was very nice and shew her paddle. 
Nittaku inner carbon with 388d-1.
That was last year before she got sponsored by BTY.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic