FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2015 Hyson Chicago Open, QF, SF & Final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Hyson Chicago Open, QF, SF & Final
    Posted: 08/10/2015 at 12:46pm

Open Singles Quarterfinal 1: 
Panagiotis Gionis (GRE) vs. Kai Zhang (NY)

Open Singles Quarterfinal 2:
Jean-Michel Saive (BEL) vs. Hanwei Wang (NY)

Open Singles Quarterfinal 3: 
Lucjan Blaszczyk (POL) vs. Jishan Liang (NY)

Open Singles Quarterfinal 4:
Bastian Steger (GER) vs. Xia Jie Yuan (CA)

Open Singles Semifinal 1:
Panagiotis Gionis (GRE) vs. Jean-Michel Saive (BEL)

Open Singles Semifinal 2:
Lucjan Blaszczyk (POL) vs. Bastian Steger (GER)

Open Singles Final
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Sponsored Links

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 12:50pm
Disappointing turnout for a tournament with world class players
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 12:51pm
Why disappointed?
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

Why disappointed?

There's about 30 spectators total on 3 sides of the court in a match featuring two WR100 level players

Edited by cmetsbeltran15 - 08/10/2015 at 8:28pm
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 5:09pm
Yea, i hear you. The TT scene in Chicago is not as good comparing to other cities, especially cities in California or New York.

And the venue is very far from the city of Chicago as well, so unless you live really close by or you had an event on the second day of the tournament, otherwise no much people are going to drive all the way up north to the tournament facility.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 8:28pm
Yeah, I never thought Chicago was the best place to hold all these feature tournaments, not sure why they continue to do so.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 12:19am
I guess it has to start somewhere and build up the interest on the sports, in fact I'm glad this event happened even though Chicago is not the best scene of TT.

Hopefully next year we'll have it again and will have more people to join and enjoy the match.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 9:26am
Danny Seemiller while commentating says that the hall was much fuller than the camera view makes it appear.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
janekb View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janekb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 10:13am
yes,it was much fuller then the camera shows. It was alot of fun watching this players some great table tennis.
Janek B
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 12:05pm
how can you say its far? you know how many people drove from out of state? If you live in any chicago suburb its nothing. We don't get many high quality events here and people don't mind driving for a good event at all. 
I think the bigger problem was that in the nice summer weather many people have competing outdoor activities. I was fishing on a boat with my dad, but would never miss it in the winter or spring.

Man, I underestimate what world class means. JMS may be too old for pro tour events, but he can handle these 26-2700 chinese kids that otherwise rule United States with total comfort and ease. Must be nice to be that good.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

how can you say its far? you know how many people drove from out of state? If you live in any chicago suburb its nothing. We don't get many high quality events here and people don't mind driving for a good event at all. 
I think the bigger problem was that in the nice summer weather many people have competing outdoor activities. I was fishing on a boat with my dad, but would never miss it in the winter or spring.

Man, I underestimate what world class means. JMS may be too old for pro tour events, but he can handle these 26-2700 chinese kids that otherwise rule United States with total comfort and ease. Must be nice to be that good.

Yeah. A good friend of mine is currently training overseas, surrounded by the likes of Gauzy, Robinot, Freitas, etc. He said even just warmup rallies and drilling are on a whole other planet from anything he's seen in the US, and he's seen everything in the US.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 11:55pm
Hanwei Wang is the weakest of the 4 though.  Would have been nice to see Saive play Kai or Jishang, though Jishang had a reasonable draw as well.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic