Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2021 Chinese Olympic trials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2021 Chinese Olympic trials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Chinese Olympic trials
    Posted: 05/06/2021 at 3:56pm
So... is Zhou Qihao going to the Olympics? What do you guys think?

I'm impressed by his power and stroke quality. He reminds me of ZJK at his prime for the explosiveness. He is also very nuanced, he wins a lot of points with chop block like Ma Long.
dhs pg5x - fh h8 40 - bh h8 40 - 2015 video
Sponsored Links

tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 4:08pm
I was wondering why nobody posted about this.  Is it true that Xu Xin is out (and won't be going)?
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 5:16pm
Despite going or not to Tokyo, Zhou Qihao has the most beautiful style among all CNT players, imo.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 5:34pm
ML, FZD, and XX will play the Olympics. This tournament is just for fun...
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 5:37pm
ZQH played very well in one of the Marvelous 12 tournament (beating ML and XX), but he tended to lose in the qual or first round in the international  events. If he can be more consistence in his results, he will be a player to be recognized more.

Beating LJK and ML in a row is not easy, can he beat FZD tomorrow? Maybe not. They were under the same coach for a long time.
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 5:57pm
Xu XDs with Liu
*sigh*
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 6:31pm
Who knows when the finals will be? Very little info. on the tournament
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 6:37pm
The finals will start tomorrow morning Eastern 7:30 am..
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

... and for a few tickets to Houston perhaps?
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 8:41pm

Ya, but XX is so bad (by REAL CTN std) now
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

So... is Zhou Qihao going to the Olympics? What do you guys think?

I'm impressed by his power and stroke quality. He reminds me of ZJK at his prime for the explosiveness. He is also very nuanced, he wins a lot of points with chop block like Ma Long.

He doesn't have ZJK's supreme control tho. ZJK could often just block opponents down and lockdown the entire game, not even allowing his opponent any attacking chances. Zhou qihao also plays way too mid distance which is not so good against other international players. 

Edited by blahness - 05/06/2021 at 9:39pm
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Tenergy 05
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 10:50pm
Watch this at 0.25 speed. It's so relaxing with your own peaceful music Sleepy

LJK's wide bh block is really impressive. ZQ's lean technique seems like the standard of tomorrow, started by LGY. They both go down so low on their legs.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

LJK's wide bh block is really impressive. ZQ's lean technique seems like the standard of tomorrow, started by LGY. They both go down so low on their legs.

I still could not figure out why ZQH was upset at the last point. Big ego?
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 12:37am
If I had to guess why ZQH is mad at the last point, and this is just a guess, is that his coach probably told him to use more FH from the BH side and he is upset he just got burned.  He is looking at his coach with a "What am I supposed to do?" look and probably prefers just rallying backhands.  ZQH burns lots of people with his down the line backhand, so he knows the danger of using the forehand from the backhand side. 

In China, if your coach tells you to play a certain way and you don't, you can get benched even if you win. 

Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 1:58am

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I still could not figure out why ZQH was upset at the last point. Big ego?

He lost that set because of it, so of course he is upset. It wasn't the last point of the match, the video just stopped.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

If I had to guess why ZQH is mad at the last point, and this is just a guess, is that his coach probably told him to use more FH from the BH side and he is upset he just got burned.  He is looking at his coach with a "What am I supposed to do?" look and probably prefers just rallying backhands.  ZQH burns lots of people with his down the line backhand, so he knows the danger of using the forehand from the backhand side. 

In China, if your coach tells you to play a certain way and you don't, you can get benched even if you win. 

It looks like that he was upset by LJK, not his own coach. For me, I did not see any faulty play from LJK, so really have no clue. Any way, if he got quite emotional from losing a point or a game, that will really stop him from improving to a higher level.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 6:58am
Its LIVE on youtube now.

women single 3rd,4th placing

Iloveplayingtabletennis
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 9:12am
dhs pg5x - fh h8 40 - bh h8 40 - 2015 video
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 10:36am
Wow.  When ZQH (he's earned the 3 letter acronym) plays like that, I don't see anyone in the world beating him.  He's earned his way onto future WTT tours.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 10:47am
ZQH has the most versatile style among the CNT players.

That high ball lob and return in the fifth game basically killed FZD's chance to win.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 11:26am
In 2020 he lost to Jha and Jorgic.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 1:07pm
ZQH had a match of his life, and he played very very good However, I highly doubt he will go far in CTN. He will be just another Fang bo or so. Don't get me wrong. I want he to break the CTN stupid protocol too. Just that, he style is a little yersteday, too many step around at the BH corner.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

In 2020 he lost to Jha and Jorgic.

Yeah but that was before the pandemic which is now a different era of history...

And now Ma Long fanbois can feel better that he lost to champ...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

ZQH had a match of his life, and he played very very good However, I highly doubt he will go far in CTN. He will be just another Fang bo or so. Don't get me wrong. I want he to break the CTN stupid protocol too. Just that, he style is a little yersteday, too many step around at the BH corner.

Lol.  Tell Ma Long that too many step around the BH corner is a little yesterday...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 4:36pm
Looks like ZQH is using BTY LGY ALC? I guess he will be signed by BTY next.
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Lol.  Tell Ma Long that too many step around the BH corner is a little yesterday...
Did ML almost lose to Fang Bo in the WTTC? Also, this is not the first time ML lost to him.
As I said, I want him to break the stupid protocol too. However, this "搶則身" style is little unfavorable now. His win carries less weight than LJK's last year win. Of course, if he can keep this up in the CTTSL, he may get a chance to WTTC.

Edited by Egghead - 05/07/2021 at 6:52pm
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2021 at 11:45pm
Just so everyone is clear about the thread subject ....

*sigh*
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 9:12am
There will be a second trial at the end of this month. The highest score from the combined trials will get a ticket to the Huston WTTC. ZQH needs to keep proving himself that he is worthy of that ticket.

Edited by kindof99 - 05/12/2021 at 9:12am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 9:39am

There will be a second trial at the end of this month. The highest score from the combined trials will get a ticket to the Huston WTTC. ZQH needs to keep proving himself that he is worthy of that ticket.

. . . to the Huston (sic) WTTC

So, the title of the thread is incomplete or inaccurate?  It is not only the Olympics in play here?

Thanks.
"Pierre Curie's greatest discovery was Marie Sklodowski." Frederick Soddy
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2021 at 10:14am
The trial is for practice for the Olympics, but the winner is supposed to get a ticket to play in the WTTC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic