FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Baracuda BIG SLAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baracuda BIG SLAM
    Posted: 03/01/2011 at 2:09pm
Holy Cow.... Can't wait to hear about, or better yet see for myself how much spin this thing can produce!  Anybody get their hands on this rubber yet?   http://donic.dbap.de/index.php?screen=dstore.item.view&TreeNodeID=15027

Edited by pongcrazy - 03/30/2011 at 3:48pm
Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 2:16pm
Woooow, this sounds like a soft rubber, SGE dream, hooooweeeeever, it doesn't look like they put the big slam sponge on a barracuda topsheet like the name suggests. From a German shop,

"The Big Slam Donic Barracuda is the slightly softer version of the offensive rubber with the super-spin. The sponge is 42.5 ° with a number softer than his older brother and thus a good backhand alternative . The surface of the pavement is very similar to that of the normal Barracuda, also for Acuda S2 one can not compare well. However, the Big Slam slightly stiffer bonded than the S2 and thus plays a tick harder , especially direct and."

Slightly softer than Barracuda? Big Slam F3 is like a 22 degree sponge...not sure why they didn't just stick the big slam sponge under the more durable supposedly, barracuda topsheet...seems simple enough.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 2:32pm
i feel it wont be any different from 

"Hexer Powersponge"

almost same topsheet, same sponge.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 3:20pm
Another savage fish from Donic LOL
Blade: Timo Boll ZLF ST
My Feedback

EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 3:23pm
OWOWOWOWOWWW this I'm exited
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 4:30pm
Hmmmm...  I thought Acuda S3 played like Baracuda with a softer sponge but not quite as spinny.  
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 4:40pm
Another soft tensor by esn? are we to expect an even shorter lifetime for the rubber?
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 4:58pm

yes another softer tensor by ESN.... I can rip it off in no time hehehe

DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 5:08pm
wow, with 4hours of practice time daily, Ezro, you should be a very very good player.  you should post a video of you playing!
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 5:19pm

Honestly I really don't understand why, before my rubber will last for several months some almost a year.  maybe because I play just twice a week, but now I have easy access to a table tennis club, I can play everyday.   I don't want to say that I'm good, maybe I just hit hard.

DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 5:21pm

If you can send me a good camera I will take some video's of me and my club mates playing..  Where do you play Gilbert when you are in the Philippines?

DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 5:25pm
lol, you should be able to afford a decent digicam..
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 5:35pm

4 hrs, thats 40min of Multiballs, 20min of drilling, 3 hrs of short matches...

DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by pablogilberto pablogilberto wrote:

lol, you should be able to afford a decent digicam..

it was a joke! hehehehe one of these days, I will take some video of my self while playing. 
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 1:52pm
Tongue my wife is flying to Taipei tomorrow and will visit a shop that specializes in Donic equipment that just so happens to have Baracuda Big Slam in stock!! Yea! Can't wait to try this rubber out.  I have played with Desto F3 and F3 Big Slam over the last 10 yrs, and tried Baracuda out, but the sponge was a little harder than I prefer.  I recently tried Acuda S3 on my BH and loved it so finally switched from Desto F3, but gotta admit the softer sponge of Baracuda Big Slam really sounds like something I might like. 

She will be back in about 2 1/2 weeks so I'll let you all know how it plays. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Tongue my wife is flying to Taipei tomorrow and will visit a shop that specializes in Donic equipment that just so happens to have Baracuda Big Slam in stock!! Yea! Can't wait to try this rubber out.  I have played with Desto F3 and F3 Big Slam over the last 10 yrs, and tried Baracuda out, but the sponge was a little harder than I prefer.  I recently tried Acuda S3 on my BH and loved it so finally switched from Desto F3, but gotta admit the softer sponge of Baracuda Big Slam really sounds like something I might like. 

She will be back in about 2 1/2 weeks so I'll let you all know how it plays. 

Do you have the name of the store that your wife will be visiting?
Timo Boll Spirit

FH: Hurricane 3 Neo

BH: Coppa X1 Turbo

My Feedback
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 1:32pm
Update: my wife stopped by the Donic store in Taipei and picked up 3 sheets of Baracuda Big Slam 2.0mm for me yesterday and will bring them back next Saturday.  Will post a review once I try one of them out.  She also got a sheet of Coopa X3 Silver for me.  I don't see hardly any reviews of this rubber, but it's soft so I should like it. Big smile  Cross your fingers that the Big Slam is a good rubber
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2011 at 10:12am
OK...I have finally received the Baracuda Big Slam this weekend.  Haven't played with it yet, but will give it a thorough workout on Tuesday at the club.  I did take it out of the package to check it out though, and the sponge seems to be porous like the original Baracuda, however not quite as porous.  It also feels just slightly softer than Baracuda, but not too much...so can't wait to give it a try.  Will post a couple of pics.  Ordered a couple of blades from Paddlepalace for my kids and asked them when they would be receiving some Baracuda Big Slam and they didn't have a timeline.  The guy I spoke with said the US was the last to get new equipment when it first comes out.  I gave the original Baracuda a try last year, but found it to be a little harder than I prefer for a rubber on my BH so I quit playing with it. 
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 9:31am
The name of the store is Akkadi.  His website is Akkadi.net
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 9:41am
Finally got to play with the Baracuda Big Slam last night.  As I mentioned earlier, the rubber is porous and looks a lot like regular Baracuda sponge but maybe just a tad lighter in color.  Big Slam is stamped on the sponge. 

First thing I noticed is that the sponge is not quite as soft as I expected it to be.  I would say this rubber is medium-soft sponge. Definitely feels more firm than Acuda S3 or Desto F3 Big slam. 

The throw angle seems to be medium.  It wasn't as easy to brush loop as it is with Acuda S3.  Blocking/hitting is ok with this rubber, and the speed is ok, but this rubber seems to be more suited for someone that drives the ball.  It did seem to impart a fair amount of spin, but even though the sponge was slightly harder than Acuda S3 it didn't seem to have as much speed as the Acuda S3. 

Overall it's a pretty good rubber, but if you like soft rubbers and tend to brush loop then you probably won't like this rubber.  If you're more of a loop-driver then you might like this rubber.  As for me I'm going back to Acuda S3.

shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2011 at 3:10am
Any more comments on this rubber?
More people tried it?
Is it good for FH or BH?
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 12:44am
I have it on my BH and it seems to work better so far than the regular baracuda - possibly because I play more loop drive on my BH and the throw angle is lower than regular baracuda which am loving. On the scale of speed it is very slightly slower than regular version but the sound is really nice and feel is better possibly due to softer sponge . The top sheet is the same so it's as grippy as regular baracuda. To me I didn't have to do any adjustment to my BH stroke changing from regular baracuda and I love it in my BH. I am still testing serve returns aggressively so might write back soon but hoping not much surprises coz of same top sheet.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 1:38am
Best BH rubber after T05FX. This is the only rubber that I have tried that I can honestly say resemples Tenergy. Not quite as springy, but still very very tight, even though soft sponge. Great bite, OK speed, and very spiny. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Best BH rubber after T05FX. This is the only rubber that I have tried that I can honestly say resemples Tenergy. Not quite as springy, but still very very tight, even though soft sponge. Great bite, OK speed, and very spiny. 
Can you comment on it's durability ? Also does the sponge soften up more as you play or re glue (water based only)? i have noticed this in my X2 platin FD rubber - it was medium hard initially for a few weeks but once i removed and glued it to my back up blade the sponge became softer.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 8:50pm
The Big Slam topsheet seems a little different to the regular Baracuda to me, feels more grippy and it has more shine. Could be a just a slight variation between batches.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The Big Slam topsheet seems a little different to the regular Baracuda to me, feels more grippy and it has more shine. Could be a just a slight variation between batches.

From the number (21 - 006) on left side between the regular Baracuda and BBS on top sheets - i am sure they are same but you are correct in terms of shiny part which i have also noticed between sheets of regular baracuda  - some sheets bought from  paddle palace had shiny top sheet than others and the ones i now buy from ttnpp is consistently not shiny ;). 
In the batch of shiny top sheet i did not notice the thickness marked in the back of sponge instead it had some weird number.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2012 at 12:00am
The ones I've seen (direct from Donic) definitely have a shiny topsheet. I've never seen or heard of a fake sheet (not impossible thought), so I suspect it's more likely just variation between batches, or they lose their shine when they've been sitting on the shelves for a while.

I can't remember about the numbers on the back, but I'll have a look next time.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2012 at 12:35am

Finally got to play with the Baracuda Big Slam last night.  As I mentioned earlier, the rubber is porous and looks a lot like regular Baracuda sponge but maybe just a tad lighter in color.  Big Slam is stamped on the sponge. 

First thing I noticed is that the sponge is not quite as soft as I expected it to be.  I would say this rubber is medium-soft sponge. Definitely feels more firm than Acuda S3 or Desto F3 Big slam. 

The throw angle seems to be medium.  It wasn't as easy to brush loop as it is with Acuda S3.  Blocking/hitting is ok with this rubber, and the speed is ok, but this rubber seems to be more suited for someone that drives the ball.  It did seem to impart a fair amount of spin, but even though the sponge was slightly harder than Acuda S3 it didn't seem to have as much speed as the Acuda S3. 

Overall it's a pretty good rubber, but if you like soft rubbers and tend to brush loop then you probably won't like this rubber.  If you're more of a loop-driver then you might like this rubber.  As for me I'm going back to Acuda S3.

hi, any comparison in weight to lets say the tenergy 05? i would like to try this rubber but the weight of the rubber is a crucial factor to me, thanks ^_^
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2012 at 12:44am
Originally posted by jatienza930 jatienza930 wrote:

hi, any comparison in weight to lets say the tenergy 05? i would like to try this rubber but the weight of the rubber is a crucial factor to me, thanks ^_^

Cut to my blade (WSC) this rubber in 2.0 (Red) was weighing about 44 g while Tenergy 05 1.9 (Red) weighed about 46-47 g , the weight might slightly vary between sheets as well.

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2012 at 2:56am
right2niru, thanks for the info ^_^
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic