Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cho! Cho! Cho! Another Cho!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 10:42am
Can someone tell me the differences in
- BISHU No.1 CHO-SUPER CHO-TOKUSEN
- SUPER CHO-TOKUSEN BISHU No.1D100

They are so much difference in price!
Sponsored Links

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

Can someone tell me the differences in
- BISHU No.1 CHO-SUPER CHO-TOKUSEN
- SUPER CHO-TOKUSEN BISHU No.1D100

They are so much difference in price!

Normally the top two Kiso Hinoki grades are SS (chōtokusen) and SA (tokusen).  Kokutaku Super-Cho fits between high SA and low SS by present standards due to the dwindling Kiso Hinoki supplies .  Cho Super-Cho is SS.  Also Cho Super-Cho is 10mm thick and Super-Cho is 9mm.  However more than often you can get Super-Cho that are slightly thicker than 9mm.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 3:18pm
Nice
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 4:55pm
hmmm what works of art
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Normally the top two Kiso Hinoki grades are SS (chōtokusen) and SA (tokusen).  Kokutaku Super-Cho fits between high SA and low SS by present standards due to the dwindling Kiso Hinoki supplies .  Cho Super-Cho is SS.  Also Cho Super-Cho is 10mm thick and Super-Cho is 9mm.  However more than often you can get Super-Cho that are slightly thicker than 9mm.
well doneClap...that is actually what mine is, 9.3mm...not too light not too heavy....so dear to behold n after u see n own 1, u won't want someth'n else. My thought anyway.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

well doneClap...that is actually what mine is, 9.3mm...not too light not too heavy....so dear to behold n after u see n own 1, u won't want someth'n else. My thought anyway.

Hi tiehwen,

Hmmm... looks good. what is the weight of your 9.3mm? Have you compared it with the other blades?

The 10mm cho-super-cho is really fantastic after a round of blade testing at a shop with speed70 10mm, cypress max, nittaku AA. It is the fastest among all after I tried test boucing a ball on every blade. But it is really too expensive for me so I guess I would settle for the cheaper 9mm if I were to go for kokutaku.
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 12:03am
Originally posted by TAKOYAK1 TAKOYAK1 wrote:

actually on iruiru there is 2 grip sizes for some of the jpens like kokutaku. It says the longer one is for driving and the shorter is an allround

actually its not the grip size but the shape of the blade
the longer one is normally 角, if i am not wrong read kaku, which is the square shape
the shorter grip is 丸, read maru i think, which is the japan round shape
and because of the shape difference, then there is a diff in the specifications of the blade, one for drive and another all round.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 12:14am
this one (mine) is 82g. Sorry as I can't help it to show off Big%20smile....it's on my bookshelf not doing much but I ain't gonna get rid of it. I've seen quite a nos. of high end Jpens but none had won over my Heart....
U can see why GKnight bought 3 Cho Super Cho's...His action spoke loudly than words...
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 1:06am
delicious! so this one is 9600YEN?

back to my ques... Have you compared it with the other 10mm jpen?

It's a pity lying on your bookshelf... hahahah
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 1:24am
this 1 was my last Cho Super Cho 10mm, 87g. Its happy present owner is myfriend, BULL, he bought this off me, what a bad move for me. Cry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 5:18pm

this one (mine) is 82g. Sorry as I can't help it to show off Big%20smile....it's on my bookshelf not doing much but I ain't gonna get rid of it. I've seen quite a nos. of high end Jpens but none had won over my Heart....
U can see why GKnight bought 3 Cho Super Cho's...His action spoke loudly than words...

That's a nice blade you go there, bro.  Very dense and packed grain lines with beautiful reddish color.  By they way if you scroll the picture on the opening post to the right you will see a 4th Cho Super Cho Smile
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 5:37pm
man....i just noticed believe it or not...Nice collection but is it necessary2 have 4? Do u have room to keep them cuz. if u dun, I've tons of room here as I kinda "ordered"/"forced" my lady to clear out her "possessions, imo pretty useless/obsolete stuffs" in her part of the garage/storage.
It's getting outta control 4 u imo...anytime u need help, I'm here n I'm sure a lotta 1 ply jpen fanatics here @ the forum want any of them.
Some of u might say/think that Koku jpens r not as nice as other famous name brands, quite the contrary i must say as its head may not be as long, wide as the others but it's relatively compact n the handle's corked material is of the highest qlty n so smooth n not as cheapy as the other high ends..well just my humble "observation"...
i think it's just a matter of time b4 u unload couple of these "undesirables", i.e. heavier ones.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 8:11pm
Well, my collection is nothing compared to the other guy that is selling his red label KTS, BTY RMS, etc.

You are right about the head size of Kokutaku Jpens being shorter than other Jpens.  However shorter head will give you more feelings and better balance, relatively speaking.  As you mentioned, the cork materials used in Kokutaku blades are much better looking than those used on the other brands.

I probably will unload one or two later on to trade with other good Jpens.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 10:35pm

Well, my collection is nothing compared to the other guy that is selling his red label KTS, BTY RMS, etc.

You are right about the head size of Kokutaku Jpens being shorter than other Jpens.  However shorter head will give you more feelings and better balance, relatively speaking.  As you mentioned, the cork materials used in Kokutaku blades are much better looking than those used on the other brands.

I probably will unload one or two later on to trade with other good Jpens.

One can never be satisfied...LOL
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 10:56pm
So true!  Smile
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
lanatir View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanatir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 11:04pm
imagine if those precious blades are autographed e.g. red KTS signed by KTS, bty RSM, signed by RSM... Clap
Regards
Kelvin
Kokutaku 1D-100 - Tenergy05
Hurricane Hao - Pryde/802-40
YEO - H2/DrEvil
http://haute5.com
lt1704 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lt1704 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2008 at 7:10am
Hey.. where did u get the cho 10mm? price?
cypress max
tenergy 1.9mm
madeco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2008 at 8:13pm
Hello. where I can buy is wood. I live in Sweden. Greetings
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2008 at 10:40pm
You can get them from Iruiru.

http://www.iruiru.com/e/
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2008 at 11:01pm

i thought Everest81 has 1 for sale here: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21945

No?
Why in the heaven name he wanna sell it? I dunno.....
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2008 at 12:53am

i thought Everest81 has 1 for sale here: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21945

No?
Why in the heaven name he wanna sell it? I dunno.....

I don't have any kokutaku blades for sale, only darker and nittaku cho tokusen..anyway seems like no one wants it anyway, i am happy to keep them..Smile
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic