Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FedEx - NOT Delivered
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FedEx - NOT Delivered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FedEx - NOT Delivered
    Posted: 07/27/2014 at 1:33pm
I ordered some table tennis gear for my friend who goes to Europe in August and wanted to bring some presents over there. I ordered on PreSports and spend $210 for gear. FedEx Priority International delivered on Friday and someone signed for it ? I have NO idea who is on signature, but it shows that was delivered. Should I go after FedEx or dispute with PayPal ? I know PreSport shipped and FedEx screwd this up. Should I be also bad man and dispute with PayPal to get my money or I should go after FedEx ? I know FedEx will say it was delivered and signed for it so it is NOT their problem anymore. (I know this as I work in customer service for GMCR and we deal with FedEx on daily basis with many problems. We usually send package again to customer, although FedEx did NOT deliver or they say it was delivered)
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
Sponsored Links

GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 2:06pm
Tracking says signed for by someone named D. Rinandi. I would call Fed-Ex and tell them the situation. They should be able to trace his route and retrieve the package.
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 5:35pm
Next time use UPS

Sometimes things happen but UPS has a better record for package success.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Tracking says signed for by someone named D. Rinandi. I would call Fed-Ex and tell them the situation. They should be able to trace his route and retrieve the package.
I hope so. Very strange that D.Rinandi signed, yet my last name is so much different. How driver did NOT see that. Are they blind ?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

Next time use UPS

Sometimes things happen but UPS has a better record for package success.

2 weeks ago I had order that was shipped by UPS. when I tracked it show delivered. I didn't receive it. I called to UPS and they told me driver left it beside my front door. Of course I was looking around front door and didn't find it. I opened dispute with UPS. Week after I find parcel by my front door.
before I had hundreds parcels delivered by regular mail and never had problem
it's really stupid to leave parcel outside   
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 7:21pm
All companies have these problems.

When the shipment is over a certain amount and a signature is required, I feel like companies should implement asking for ID to prove that whoever signs for the package is that person... or at least to make sure whoever signs for it comes out from that house/apartment number so its the same household. I've had stuff stolen from my front door when it was left there once.

I've also recently ordered a few items online, ones came in USPS and UPS came in fine, one by USPS (worth $10) was left at my front door at an apartment complex which is perfectly fine. The other two I missed the first time of delivery via UPS and they came in next day (this one being about $200+) so ofcourse a signature was required and usually UPS asks for a last name just to double check with the label and put it on the tracking infotmation who it was signed by. No problem here.

Then my third package came in by FEDEX it was also ($200+) and was left at my front door BUT all damaged. The box looked like it was squished or someone accidentally stepped on it... It contained an expensive blade and two rubbers and the blade box was also crushed. The blade was fine but you never know if it received any stress fractures, so im going to return that and ofcourse put the blame on FEDEX.

And about the FEDEX person not reading the name, yea.. they don't care most of the time especially if its delivered to a business. Residential deliveries I think are different, but again half of these guys on the trucks don't care much about the stuff even if it has fragile written all over it.

I would take it up with FEDEX, complain until they will no longer want to listen to you, basically get on their a** as much as possible because its their fault. These people get reprimanded based on # of complains were made against a particular driver. So maybe in the future he/she won't do such a horrible job delivering a package.

Also... if you do get a lot of packages by any carrier and you see the driver is not in much of a rush try to small talk them. When you are nice, and they recognize that they will remember your face and hopefully not mix up/damage your stuff.

Edited by DreiZ - 07/27/2014 at 7:23pm
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 8:27pm
Do you have an apartment complex or a neighbor that may have signed for it? An office in your building/front desk etc?

I investigate these claims of non-receipt for a living. I work with UPS and FedEx on a daily basis, and deal with their screw-ups regularly. 

I assure you it's not a FedEx thing, or a UPS thing, or a USPS thing. It's a human thing. I do beleive UPS has field tested the 'obtain an ID for sig req deliveries' thing, but weren't met with positive feedback by recipients. You don't really get any better luck with different carriers. Just more details on why they screwed up. You would be baffled at the amount of money I approve on a daily basis that is issued in courtesy replacements/credits because of carrier bullcrap. It just comes down to the drivers being idiots sometimes. By the same token, there are just as many if not more amazing and intelligent drivers out there who have the customer's best interest at heart. 

They often deliver to completely wrong addresses, they deliver to neighbors two doors down. If they have any kind of formatting error with an address, they often come up with an alternate unconfirmed (confirmed to them) addy out of nowhere and will deliver it there instead of simply contacting the shipper or recipient. They will then have no clue how it was concluded to be valid if you ask them. If the shipper requests signature required delivery, sometimes they will make the three attempts and the third attempt leave it anyway by signing off on it themselves. Claiming with the carrier usually leads to them making a formal investigation, which 9 out of 10 times yields no results after taking 8 business days. They'll offer to try again though, and it will do the same thing, or just say you confirmed delivery even though you didn't. If you were to EVER get $$ as a claim from them, it's never for more than what it was insured for which is hardly ever more than $100. Your best bet is either to contact the shipper, as sometimes they can help you, or in this case try paypal because they have a good reputation of helping people with these claims. You're likely looking at filing a police report for theft which usually doesn't lead anywhere, depending on the policies of the shipper. Some shippers are very accommodating, and some tell you you're SOL. 

If it were me, I'd try to figure out who this "D. Rinandi" is, ask all your neighbors some questions, and even though it's usually a waste of time- start a FedEx tracer. I'd also contact the shipper to see if they can take the situation off your hands. I'd contact the police right away to file a theft report, and then contact PayPal. Get the ball rolling on everything. 
Nostalgic Offensive
EL-S
Vega Japan
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 8:37pm
Sounds like a nite mare. Sorry for your bad luck 100niTenis.
Shifter
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I would take it up with FEDEX, complain until they will no longer want to listen to you, basically get on their a** as much as possible because its their fault. These people get reprimanded based on # of complains were made against a particular driver. So maybe in the future he/she won't do such a horrible job delivering a package.

Umm please be open minded to the chance that it could have been broken by someone else, e.g. a neighbour vandal, machines at depo.

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Also... if you do get a lot of packages by any carrier and you see the driver is not in much of a rush try to small talk them. When you are nice, and they recognize that they will remember your face and hopefully not mix up/damage your stuff.

Until you slip out that you have once made a complaint about them.
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 10:39pm
@100nlTenis,

I think I understand your stress and concern. I hope it turns out well. Remember, communication with all parties involved is the key here. Good luck, and keep us updated.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 11:40pm
Ordered things from Amazon many times, they use UPS as the shipper.
UPS guy just puts the package in front of the door and rings the doorbell and leaves.
Never required us to sign.
Btw, we received everything we ordered, never lost a thing.

Things we ordered were under $100.  Don't know if that's the reason that UPS guy never asked us to sign.
skip3119
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2014 at 11:41pm
I also seem to have had more trouble with FedEx than other couriers. A few times I've tracked parcels, that were marked as 'delivered', only to have them delivered in the next few days. I suspect that to save time, drivers mark all the parcel they plan to deliver for the day as delivered, If they can't deliver on the day, they try the next day.
I do agree with hithithit though, and would try and communicate with them in the friendly way before lodging any type of complaint.

I do feel for the drivers a little too, as they seem to put in very long hours and don't get paid that well. I can understand their frustration in trying to deliver parcels only to find that the recipient is not home, so they have to come again, increasing their workload further. Of course that does not make it right, but FedEx has to take some of the blame too, as they tend to overload their drivers.

I do hope you get it sorted 100niTenis! Wait at least another day to see if it turns up.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 3:14am
Alright, I think I have to say this before it gets further blown out of proportion, largely due to people's ignorance.

What I believe has happened with the OP is that the parcel was shipped with the delivery option Indirect Signature Required selected.

In the US, there are 3 FedEx delivery signature options:
Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address (a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address), or the recipient can leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present. This option is available only if you checked This is a residential address in the To section; it is not available for shipments to nonresidential addresses.

Direct Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, we reattempt delivery.

Adult Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at least 21 years old (and possessing the required government-issued photo ID) at the delivery address. If no eligible recipient is at the address, we reattempt delivery.

http://www.fedex.com/us/quick_help/sm_shiphelp.html#pickdrop

So, if the FedEx courier drops off the parcel signed under a person's signature you have not heard of (or signature lacking), it is probably because Indirect Signature Required was selected.

PS. I know some couriers provide the service option in which they will only give the parcel to the addressed recipient (government issued photo ID must be sighted). If the addressed recipient is not on the premises, the courier will drop the parcel off at the local post office - only the addressed recipient (with the required ID) can pick it up.

Edited by hithithit - 07/28/2014 at 5:34am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 9:00am
You right HITman:In the US, there are 3 FedEx delivery signature options:
Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address (a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address), or the recipient can leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present. This option is available only if you checked This is a residential address in the To section; it is not available for shipments to nonresidential addresses.
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 9:57am
Like i said (Things Do happen) in the normal day of shipping , receiving and delivery
 business. 
Most Drivers are overloaded and it does make a difference what type of signature is or is not required.
But UPS is the Original and Fed ex happens to be started from a few x managers of UPS.
Whatever Fed ex does follows UPS leads a few years later. 
So to up your chances of getting your package to you without problems use UPS, ITS THE LEADER

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 11:28am
Went to local FedEx and they find it was delivered 10 miles from my home to some business. Went over and picked my package today ! Crazy. Thanks everyone for support.

Asmir
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 12:50pm
One suggestion if feasible for you.  If possible on future shipments, have them delivered to your workplace.  I've made friends with our shipping manager, and he has no problem with the occasional package coming in.  I just call him to let him know I have something on the way.  If it happens to be a slow day he'll even send the package down the street to the building I work in.Smile

Since I know the people here by name, and UPS/FedEx/USPS are all here everyday making deliveries, it works out well.  Saves on drama, and only once in the last 10 years or so has a package of mine been lost.  It somehow got delivered to the business next door to us, so at least it was still in the neighborhood.
Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo (Red) 2.0, Spinlord Keiler (Black) 1.5 mm,
Wt. 167 gm total weight
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2014 at 5:09pm
I never liked FedEx, but next time I will ask for UPS or USPS, not FedEx !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic