Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar H-1-9 blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunilid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunilid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar H-1-9 blade
    Posted: 01/31/2008 at 12:38pm
Comments from anyone who's played with this ?
Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)
Sponsored Links

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 1:10pm
very thick but fun to play with i would go with the h-3-9 though
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by creeder06 creeder06 wrote:

very thick but fun to play with i would go with the h-3-9 though
why so? pls elaborate. thnx
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 2:06pm
i think it has better feel due to the fact it is a touch thinner it is also faster
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by creeder06 creeder06 wrote:

i think it has better feel due to the fact it is a touch thinner it is also faster
Do u have/have u owned 1? It's also quite thick but not as thick as, say, Bty SC which is like 7.4mm? Anyth'n from 7.0 mm and up are kinda bulky..may be just not very pleasing to look @.
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 4:09pm
My H-1-9 weight 90 grams.  Its feeling is very soft, very springy, great dwell time with noticable vibration when hit of the center compared to any composite blades I own.  The blade has high throw angle.  Blocking is power block.  The speed is in OFF+ range.  IMO, it a little faster than the Amultart, defitely faster than the Photino, KLHS and Ishlion.  The only faster blade that I have tried is the Speed 90.  Speed 90 also feel more solid and has very minimal vibration. 

I believe this is due to the H-1-9 is either normal Jap hinoki or port cedar wood without condensation process and Speed 90 is Kiso with some condensation process (feel free to correct me on this).

In summary, from my experience with my setup, chop and push are little hard to control because it's springy and it vibrates even in low gears.  The blocks are great, when block hard, the rebound speed is very fast.  Loops and drive are easier than my composite setups because longer dwell time, but I have to adjust the angle due to the higher throw.  Not very easy for straight smash, but somewhat carefully do it should be fine.  Lob from distance is very easy, great bounce speed with easy controlled placement.

Hope this helps.

A Proud Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Speed90 Cpen: F3 Big Slam Max, Xtend 2.0 89/160 grams
H-1-9 FL: Impuls speed 2.0, QUAD420 Max 90/161 grams
sunilid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunilid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 5:23pm
Thanks Wingman - that's very informative.
- good for loops/drives 
- not as good for pushes/chops/flat smashes
- noticeable vibration but fast
What concerns me is the high-throw, and how easy it is to adjust the blade angle each time.  Does Speed 90 have high-throw as well? 

Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 5:57pm
i have had both the h19 and h39 and a donic waldner hinoki that is three ply hinoki that i am actually selling if youdont want to spend 130 for a tibhar blade i will sell you mine for 80 and throw in some rubbers as well i want to get rid of some stuff
wingmans discription is pretty spot on
sunilid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunilid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 6:09pm
thanks creeder06, i'm not interested in purchasing one yet.
Just curious to know the differences for now...some other day perhaps.
Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 6:31pm
no worries just thought i would throw a quite plug in there
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 6:33pm
I wouldn't want to comment on Speed 90 much, as it's not my main blades, I only played few sessions of my friend's with it, but thinking about getting one myself.  I would let the players who really use it review the details.

However, my immediate feelings (compared with the H-1-9) are that, it faster, not much faster but noticable.  More solid and a lot less vibration for sure.  Throw angle is lower than H-1-9 for sure, definitely between Amultart and H-1-9, to be exact, I can't say, it's depend on rubbers as well.

It would be nice if we can have a forum comparing different 1 ply hinoki blades in shake hand.  Recently, I really got attached to them instead of any composite blades.  On the current market, I can list out,

1) Darker Speed 90
2) Darker Tanpan
3) H-1-9
4) Juic 1-ply shake
5) Armstrong ASSHUKU 5GOU
6) Armstrong KASUTERIAN
7) Bomb Everest

Most of them, we can find from iruiru, but with the current exchange rate and shipping, it's less attactive to order now. 

I also wonder why 1 ply is not very popular in shakehand as in J-pen is like a "must".   Seasterl suggested that it might due to its weight tends to be heavier than normal.  However, beside that I can't seem to find any real inferior aspect to other types, it might be just player's feeling preferences.

loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2008 at 11:37pm
Well I thought that H19 = Hinoki - 1 ply - 9mm

and H39 = Hinoki -3 plies -9mm ? Is that not so?
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 5:53am
Iv heard that thesee 1plys hinokis crack very easely, slight kick on the table and by by.....is this trouth....are this things that fragile?
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 7:36am
I've just received a couple of custom "American Hinoki" one-ply blades (10 mm thick, cork handle) that are only about 80 grams each (a lot less than I've read on some one-plies).  With 2.1 rubbers the balance is great.  The feel is very soft, yet more powerful than my SC.  The throws for mine are medium.  Vibration is ideal:  nothing harsh, but just the feedback I need.  A fellow clubmate of mine is making these and starting up a business of doing it, and after trying so many other blades, I am blown away with how well these perform.  (I also own a Donic Dotec Hinoki.)  If anyone wants to PM me their e-mail address, I'd like to post a couple pictures of this blade.
sunilid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunilid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 12:45pm
I had a chance to play with H-1-9 last night.
It's got a springy feel as Wingman noted.. the soft vibration is noticeable, and the throw angle is ridiculously high.  
Good for blocks/loops, I didn't think it was too bad for pushes/chops either, quite good for near the table flips/pushes due to the compact head size.
Don't think it's good for hard drives/flat smashes !

I assume H-3-9 is not too far off.

Anyone know how these perform in comparison ?
 - Juic 1-ply Hinoki
 - Bty Cypress 1-ply Shakehand (not sure if these are even available in US)

Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 1:41pm

Wow...this is what "Seasterl" was talking abt. This thing is sweet looking.

seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 1:47pm
Thanks for posting the link, Tiehwen. 
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Wow...this is what "Seasterl" was talking abt. This thing is sweet looking.

i don't know much about blade manufacturing,but it looks like a good example of a well made blade.wood looks pretty,too.
caigichaduoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caigichaduoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 4:24pm
Not recommended for users who live in humid and hot weather. H 1 9 may break for no reason.
AVX Tosios
FH: Giant Dragon Karate Soft
BH: Palio Blitz
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by caigichaduoc caigichaduoc wrote:

Not recommended for users who live in humid and hot weather. H 1 9 may break for no reason.

We live here in Florida, and it depends on the methods used to seal and protect the wood from humidity.  Frankly, though, I wouldn't leave any of my blades outside next to a campfire and then let the morning dew get on them.  I think that if properly cared for, any blade will last for years.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by caigichaduoc caigichaduoc wrote:

Confused totally misleading info. here. Leaving this blade outdoor, unprotected, in open air, under the sun/rain..sure the blade or any blade will crack....Just 2 cents.
caigichaduoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caigichaduoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 5:01pm
I know two people who used H-1-9 and it broke for no reason. Such blade is very expensive in my country and the users are not that careless, so I guess the blade was in normal situation like others. Only one case may be interpreted as exception, but two, may be not.

The worst point is, there is no answer, explanation nor compensation from the dealer.

I have no discrimination to Tibhar. I myself purchased another Power 40 after breaking the previous. They have same thickness and almost same weight and I reckon that Tibhar quality control is very, very high.
AVX Tosios
FH: Giant Dragon Karate Soft
BH: Palio Blitz
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Wingman Wingman wrote:

I wouldn't want to comment on Speed 90 much, as it's not my main blades, I only played few sessions of my friend's with it, but thinking about getting one myself.  I would let the players who really use it review the details.

However, my immediate feelings (compared with the H-1-9) are that, it faster, not much faster but noticable.  More solid and a lot less vibration for sure.  Throw angle is lower than H-1-9 for sure, definitely between Amultart and H-1-9, to be exact, I can't say, it's depend on rubbers as well.

It would be nice if we can have a forum comparing different 1 ply hinoki blades in shake hand.  Recently, I really got attached to them instead of any composite blades.  On the current market, I can list out,

1) Darker Speed 90
2) Darker Tanpan
3) H-1-9
4) Juic 1-ply shake
5) Armstrong ASSHUKU 5GOU
6) Armstrong KASUTERIAN
7) Bomb Everest

Most of them, we can find from iruiru, but with the current exchange rate and shipping, it's less attactive to order now. 

I also wonder why 1 ply is not very popular in shakehand as in J-pen is like a "must".   Seasterl suggested that it might due to its weight tends to be heavier than normal.  However, beside that I can't seem to find any real inferior aspect to other types, it might be just player's feeling preferences.

Wingman, you have the list from 1 to 7, does it mean that the best is Darker Speed 90, and the least good is Bomb Everest?????
BTW, Bomb Everest costs a lot too..... costs more than darker speed 90. Anyone knows its performance??
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 2:41pm

What I listed was the most of the 1 ply blades we can find in the market.  There is no "best" blade since it's very subjectively depend on individual.  Also, even within a same model, the blade characteristic can still vary with wood spec.  So far, I haven't seen any review for Bomb everest yet.

I would add,
8) Kokutaku 2008
9) Kokutaku 2009
10) BTY cypress shake pro (discontinued)
11) BTY new 1ply series (max, 9, 8.5)
12) Galaxy (don't know how many different model they have)
13) TSP (shown by Mr. Borko)

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 2:44pm
the 11) is the Senkoh 85 90 and max
Xiom RSM Series
Galaxy at least comes in 3A 4A and 5A
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2008 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Wingman Wingman wrote:

What I listed was the most of the 1 ply blades we can find in the market.  There is no "best" blade since it's very subjectively depend on individual.  Also, even within a same model, the blade characteristic can still vary with wood spec.  So far, I haven't seen any review for Bomb everest yet.

I would add,
8) Kokutaku 2008
9) Kokutaku 2009
10) BTY cypress shake pro (discontinued)
11) BTY new 1ply series (max, 9, 8.5)
12) Galaxy (don't know how many different model they have)
13) TSP (shown by Mr. Borko)

from the list, which has a medium hard feel...
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2008 at 12:26am
None of them, since these are 1ply hinoki.

But relatively among them, darker and tighter grain would likely harder.

rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2008 at 9:50pm
I have 2 Juic's Kiso-Hinoki. I love this blade, it has a very nice touch and provides more than enough speed. I've never hit with Speed 90 or Tanpan shakehands, however I also have some Darkers J-pen blades (Speed 15, 50 and 70) and comparing them to Juic they are faster but with harder touch. Maybe due to the condensating process Darker uses. Another thing I don't like about Darker SH is their small head size, 155x148, while Kiso-Hinoki is larger, 157x151 and still light, 86g.
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
sebas-aguirre View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebas-aguirre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2008 at 11:53am
has anyone tried the "joola mc1" blade?
could you compare it to any 1 ply hinoki?
i use that joola blade but would consider changing to a 1 ply hinoki.
i've been told that "speed 90" is da sh*t in 1 ply hinoki.
but its really expensive Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic