Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOL FIRST REAL VIDEO!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

No offense but that is definitely not 2200-2300

I know that, but this video is from last year, and I now play better for about 30%. I think that I am now about 2300 US rankings.

If you could represent your country to World Junior Championship, then you could be that high. Are you there yet?
Sponsored Links

Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

No offense but that is definitely not 2200-2300

I know that, but this video is from last year, and I now play better for about 30%. I think that I am now about 2300 US rankings.

If you could represent your country to World Junior Championship, then you could be that high. Are you there yet?

I represented south of my country on around Serbia tournaments, but not such World junior championship. I was 2nd ranked junior player for south Serbia for season 2007/2008, and 7 ranked senior also for south Serbia. But I am now only senior because of my age, so serbia national team with Karakaseic, Grujic, Pete, Jeftovic ..., are far from me. Last year there were about 10 juniors players which were better ranked then me in whole Serbia.
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:42pm
PMOL 1500 to 1742 USATT guesstimate +/- 200

Heimdallalso; relatively "short" for a "god"
182.90cm in bare feet.
He is also an occasional history revisionist.
Shame on him!

NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:48pm
Dude, from what i saw from this video you suck. Even more after knowing how much you bragged about yourself being very good.
Despite that your looking is very nerdish, you speak too much for your playing skills.
Here you wouldn't pass on qualification series from any state tournment.

really, no offense.

Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
Superserv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superserv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:49pm

MOL just make a new VID there u play TT in sept 2008 instead or later.

How long have u been playing TT? I can tell u started at age 0f 10 yrd.
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:54pm
I play TT for 4.5 years. I will ask my club friend to record my fresh TT skills on Sunday.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:57pm
Example of players around 2300 US Ranking

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:05pm

Example of players around 2300 US Ranking

I can beat guy in white shirt, but I dont know for other guy.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:07pm
The guy in white shirt rank around 2100
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:26pm

What about other guy?
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:30pm
If you think that you have better skill comparing with both guys, you are in 2300 US rankings. Keep in mind that people play a lot worse in video (as you have said)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:39pm
I can beat guy in white shirt for 100%, but I dont know for other guy. He has very good TT skill. But its not everything in skill. Tactic and strategy and luck is most important thing in TT.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:39pm

Honestly, that was not evident from this video. He might be good but in this game he looked pretty lame (not always, though).
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by BrunodeDanann BrunodeDanann wrote:

Dude, from what i saw from this video you suck. Even more after knowing how much you bragged about yourself being very good.
Despite that your looking is very nerdish, you speak too much for your playing skills.

really, no offense.

+1
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
FH: tenergy 05 2.1(B)
BH: tenergy 64 2.1 (R)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Honestly, that was not evident from this video. He might be good but in this game he looked pretty lame (not always, though).

+1
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by praywin praywin wrote:

What is the problem with the kid in the second part? I hate players like that who don't wait before serving. That's my biggest peeve while playing.

Your forehand loops look good, though it seems like you take longer windup than needed before each shot. Also the rest of your game needs to catch up with your looping. Try adding some short serves and vary their location.
Hmm, I didn't mean to criticize your game, I just can't help giving tips to other players about improving their game.  Your game is pretty good as it is.

About the second kid: that's why you NEVER give people like that the ball unless you are fully ready. If they already have the ball you need to walk away from the table and return to it in a couple of seconds. Not to mention, that almost all of his serves were illegal - he barely tossed up the ball.

Now to you, Vasa: man, you gotta work on your backhand. In your first game (the one you lost) you played more or less OK from FH but your backhand was very unstable.

I hope your 30% were mostly on backhand side because you really need that.

And again, we understand that you are a teenager but you gotta pace yourself and stop imagining you are the king of the world. Get a better perspective - so far you sound like my 10-yr old son who when coming to his first tournament inquired of me whether they had any nice prizes there and what exactly will be his award. Then he proceeded to lose all 7 matches there...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by praywin praywin wrote:

What is the problem with the kid in the second part? I hate players like that who don't wait before serving. That's my biggest peeve while playing.

Your forehand loops look good, though it seems like you take longer windup than needed before each shot. Also the rest of your game needs to catch up with your looping. Try adding some short serves and vary their location.
Hmm, I didn't mean to criticize your game, I just can't help giving tips to other players about improving their game.  Your game is pretty good as it is.

About the second kid: that's why you NEVER give people like that the ball unless you are fully ready. If they already have the ball you need to walk away from the table and return to it in a couple of seconds. Not to mention, that almost all of his serves were illegal - he barely tossed up the ball.

Now to you, Vasa: man, you gotta work on your backhand. In your first game (the one you lost) you played more or less OK from FH but your backhand was very unstable.

I hope your 30% were mostly on backhand side because you really need that.

And again, we understand that you are a teenager but you gotta pace yourself and stop imagining you are the king of the world. Get a better perspective - so far you sound like my 10-yr old son who when coming to his first tournament inquired of me whether they had any nice prizes there and what exactly will be his award. Then he proceeded to lose all 7 matches there...

Thanks JimT. I would remember these words. I improve my BH game alot, and if I post my new video of fresh mine TT skills, you will see that. But its not too strong as my FH, so I will keep improving my BH to reach my FH.
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by F.Z. F.Z. wrote:

+1

+2
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:22pm
finally, MOL posts a video!
its good u posted something in the first place, regardless of how new or old it is, i know you'll post an updated vid later on to prove your point.

i agree with earlier posts, your fh swing is a bit much, but ur stroke looks fluid and smooth.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Kalin Kalin wrote:

Originally posted by F.Z. F.Z. wrote:

really, no offense.

+1

+2

+3, my memory of the US rating system is sorta vague, but I'm gonna say this was about 1800
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 10:43pm
Prijatelju ja mislim da si ti dobar 1800+ igrac !
Dude, I think you are very solid and good 1800+ player !
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 10:47pm
Funny mel, after all you are the one who said he was about 2200-2300 a year ago.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
peds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 10:55pm
Finally.. a video from MOL. I hope it's really you! Honestly, I expected a lot from this video. And I must say that I am disappointed because you always bragged about yourself. What is your rating again? No offense but I think I can beat you because I played with players better that you. Also, I didn't see any Jun Mizutani style of play in your video. Lastly, I agree with them about your looks. Maybe that's why you know everything.

I hope you learn your lesson. Show respect to earn respect.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 11:28pm

Funny mel, after all you are the one who said he was about 2200-2300 a year ago.
???Confused
bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 11:30pm
cant you tell by the way he carries himself (eventho its on a forum) that he is a chump that probably lies about most things?
Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2008 at 2:55am

really, no offense.

telling him that you think he sucks and claim that "no offense"?

hmm.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2008 at 5:27am

Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

Don't blame the height for poor footwork, that can be a factor but can be easily corrected.  Do speed drills and footwork drills and you'll get over that in no time.  Look at how tall persson, oh, samsonov, liqin are and look at how fast they are.  I am 186 cm tall and i can move pretty fast for my height.  I'll get a video up here one of these days, i just need to bring that camera with and make one, i will do it.  But it looks like a lot of good parts of your game are there, they just need work to be put more together in a complete form.  And Mizutani plays a counter type style, i can see some resemblance in that but the overall motions you make don't resemble him much at all.

I know I cant 100% to copy Mizutani, but I work and I will work alot to copy shots of him most I can.

Kreanga played with the Primorac Carbon blade for years. That does not mean he was copying Primorac.

Do not try to copy JM. Just get inspiration from him. Work your strokes at 80% of your maximum strenght and only sometimes when you feel really good go for it 100%. It takes time to find the style that fits the body/mind combo of yours. It takes time to discover yourself and do something right about it.

Let me say it again while your video is downloading: Relax; and only sometimes go for it 100%. Remember what happens when it works. Analyse what is wrong when it does not.

Don't copy anybody. Just get inspiration; food for thought to build your own game.

oh! video's downloaded...bye

Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2008 at 5:39am
All in all, I would say MOL, you are not a bad player, ou have a good forehand, it lacks power, but is fairly consistent. Your backhand is not weak, just inconsistent. You need more speed in your footwork.

But all in all, you are not a bad player.

However, you are not good enough to say what you have been saying about other people's games, you are no Jun, and you are certainly no Wang Liqin.

I am not trying to put you down, just trying to say that dude, keep it in perspective. And players in vids look as good as they really are,

If you say you can beat the guy in white, from the video posted by then you are good, still not great. I play Cpen, I could beat the guy in white. He needs way more footwork to play Cpen. or maybe he was just having a bad day. It happens you know.

Players have good days, and bad days, so you can't judge anyone by just one vid.

And if the illegal serving guy in tracks beat several good players, I must say the standard is pretty low, he had no footwork, high returns, and a very weak attack.

Bottom line, you are good, but please, show everyone respect, and I can promise you, you will get the same in return.

Peace.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
Superserv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superserv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2008 at 7:41am
How can u by watching the VId and tell u can beat that guy and that guy?
its depends on what tactic and strategi the guy will use in game.

Both guy from the VID was good TT players and are better than MOL. MOL if u are rating so high in Serbia then u should know who Kristian Karlsson or anthony Tran both from Sweden? can u beat them too?
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2008 at 8:09am
Just watched the video. In my honest opinion you have to work much harder on your backhand. It's weak. You can't block 2 balls or put your opponent under pressure with your backhand.
Forehand seems to be OK, but it can (and should) be developed: speed, placement and variety of spins.
I believe you want to improve and it would be great if you post another video in 6 months showing how much your game is improving.
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic