4 [4.30%]
2 [2.15%]
9 [9.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tenergy 05 both sides BOZ EJ chronicles
    Posted: 01/28/2009 at 3:21am
This is an on going thread kind of blog of my main setup.

If it bores you then don't read it.

Ok guys, I just bought 10 tenergy 64s and a new blade! 

bit of money later Cry

Never in my life have I done this and who else to share such excited feelings while Im waiting for glue to dry I thought Id create the post.

not sure which picture I like better...

This is the start of a small chapter of EJing which Im sure will meander else where.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 3:59am

2.  The blade

not cheap but not super expensive. 

as soon as I picked it up I knew something was different.  I said Oh no this is gona be almost 90 grams! No! I'm pretty good at it now since I weigh stuff all the time.
It is 87g and the balance feels peculiar, kind of heavy above the handle.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 4:33am
3. The rubber

I have decided to glue my least used black max 05 on one side of the new blade and 64 max the other.  I know my observations will be effected a lot by the fact that Im trying a new blade and that the 05 is older. 

stay tuned for the setup (think it might be ready, Oh sorry to say I used very thin amount of clean chack, I don't trust those water glues yet, so will be a bit voc in there for the first try.  But to me this is no biggy in terms of comparing the 2, Im quite used to a bit of speed effect.  True analysis will be in a few more days time when it all settles and I play real players.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 4:39am
Nice picture!
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 4:45am
cheers mate, which is better?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 5:16am
question about rubbers
is it same colour and thickness?
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 5:17am
I just ordered two sheets of 64, I would like your impressions asap.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 5:17am
4. The setup 05 & 64 on Boll Alc.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

first thing I did was bounce the ball on either side.

05 I stretched harder and its lost a bit of its tack so the ball was boucing much higher without that tiny tack unstick sound that 64 was producing in its very ordinarily glued state.  The 64 I just put down and clamped the setup.

ok whats next.  Turn on the robot with a mild topspin mild speed.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do my top spin stroke better more consistantly with 05.  That's probably coz havent played with 64 that much yet (I hope)
But really noticing differences is quite tough although I notice something. 
Yes 64 feels softer than 05 and the blade has more to do with the shot as a result and feels like a different kind control coming on from the hit of the wood. 

I'm sure I would use 64 instead of any other rubber at its weight.  It feels like you may need to hit into it more to get out its potential.  where as 05 I always found a super gradually geared rubber.

Please note these impressions are within the first 5 minutes of comparing.

The blade yyyyyyeeeessssss very do like very very do like, this may be the one,  because after Monday night comp I decided to retry my 7 ply hinoki to get a bit less forward drive kick in my shots, just keep it on the table, and I found that I found the right balance with it.  The boll Alc definately feels different, first thing you notice after using 7 plies of hinoki is that the boll has that more hollow feeling.  I notice it is slower than my ishlion, but the feeling of control is what I am look for. 
I really think from these first few minutes that the blade is what I was hoping for.

Sorry I havent tried the old boll spirit or any other alc blade for that matter  so my comparison is merely coming from a kind hinoki &/or carbon lover's perspective.  It also feels much easy to loop with than the Amultart which is better from further away. 

must say overall I am happy with the purchase, but am wondering if the 64 can beat what make 05 as exceptionally unique from other rubbers.  There is not that much difference between them honestly.  But as I commented elsewhere if I can get a few grams out of the head of a double tenergy 05 setup, Ill probably be happier than maximum spinning on both sides.

64 advantage:
Lighter, louder, softer, faster with more open shot

05 advantage spinnier = easier to loop, more closed shots feel better

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 5:32am
No, 05 is black
       64 is red

both max

oh and I noticed that the 64 probably because it is new, the sponge seems to have become more swollen than the 05 which has a bit more build up of glue. 

Regardless, the 05 still feels better for looping!Cry
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 5:50am
And you ordered 10 Sheets......
I wish Butterfly would just release every Topsheet # and fuse it with the spring sponge. The rubbers that already have been made for example Sriver and let's say it's number 25 so when Butterfly will make a rubber that uses #25 Topsheet and fuse it with Spring Sponge, they will call it Sriver SP? An EJ's dream is about to come true.
See you guys in the next life!...................
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 6:08am
After more extended robot play, I'm finding

05 much better for looping & over the table graze/flicking
64 much faster for hit/driving and more similar to other rubbers such as bryce speed &/or fx
64 has a lot more control in more passive shots requiring less response to spin.

So If your skills are very good I imagine 64 will be the more dangerous  rubber on both sides with the increased speed that comes with a low throw power loop shots.  For us less professional player who want to loop, the lower and longer =  the harder to get on the table.

If you play a flatter game I also think 64 is a better rubber.

If you want to loop everything with those beautiful big arcing shots stick to 05. 

This is merely from the rubber perspective, I believe it depends a lot on your blade what kind of shot youll produce.

Not much difference between them really, 64 is still better than any other rubber except 05.  Too much spin or weight in the head isnt really the best thing either when all you want to do is control the ball in a rally.

Everyone who has posted I think has got it right,
64 makes a better backhand rubber

although I'll probably wait until a tournament comes closer to put a new rubber on my forehand (which has to be 64 since I got so many) I think I'll be sticking with 05 on the forehand (ive still got a couple of black ones that havent reached their use by date.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 6:12am
This is tt gluTTony!! lmao.LOL
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 6:23am
sorry whats IMAO
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Tommy lee View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 6:30am
lmao = laugh my arse off

bozbrisvegas for me picture one is best, I have to as you why did you have to buy 10 sheets os this tt rubber before even trying it out?
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 7:12am
damn NICE PIC.
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 7:20am
I remember Butterfly saying: TENERGY Family will be like the Sriver Family.
Sriver = T25
Sriver FX = T 64
Sriver EL = T 05
and if Sriver has G2, think of what Tenergy G2 will be.
Also I think 1 year from now, I will be using Tenergy 05 or if a second generation rubber appear I will be using that.
See you guys in the next life!...................
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 7:44am

you know I couldnt even read glu TT only = I thought was gluers insider club, then stupidly realised gluttony, man you hit it on the head and yes IMAO.  

I have been following all the tenergy forums for ages, they steered me away from 25 and I just kept dreaming of 64 for ages, everyone was so helpful with their knowledge, I trusted and am happy.

2 hours later of hard robot practise and I am 100% happy with the whole setup.  Initially worried, but I think Timo boll must have had something to do with this blade and the fact that he stands behind it gave me the confidence to finally go and buy something a bit heavier and a bit slower.

Man this set up I have been looping myself silly with for 2 hours!  I barely miss the table, the harder I go the more spin, the lengths for blocking, touching over the net serving are all there, for counter looping easy.  I just need to try smashing.

Danke Timo, du hast etwas sehr recht gemacht.

Oh noConfused, I think I've become an arylate Ej convertDead, is there a club for that?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 8:00am
oh and thanx for the crazy vote,

It was what I was thinking when I placed the order until I started playing with the stuff for a while.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Tommy lee View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 8:19am
Hey thanks for the reply! and I now only consider you to be half crazy my friend. I think plenty of us could be accused of TT gluttony lol I know i have bought my fair share of TT blades in the past but i doubt it would impress too much on this forum! There are some real professional EJ's here. Hope you stick with the set up and you get every dollars worth.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 8:33am
cheers tommy, oh just noticed you are from England.

I just watched drinkhall in the world juniors of the ittf site, I was blown away by his forehand in the first half of the match. He is awesome, the other guy beat him even though he didnt do that much.

The whole time I was wondering what Drinkhall uses, his loops look effortless, (well not really but you know what I mean)

Anway keep cool mate
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Tommy lee View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 8:41am
I watched that match too and i think he use's Tenergy 05 on a TBS? He has changed blade and rubbers a few times though in the past though! He's a good player but not a great player :( unfortunately for UK! Hope he can prove me wrong though :)

William henzell is getting there, I watched his match's at the Olympics and he did well and he is a real gent on and off the table a credit to Aussie TT.

Take care.
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:39am
Where is "I love Timo Boll and it might be a sexual Urge"......
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:46am
JAY SLASH KAY EVERYBODY!

nah but seriously.....you are crazy! 10 sheets before every trying it? Well, I guess they would be easy to sell off though.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 12:00pm
bozbrisvegas - I received my ALC and T64 around 1.5 weeks ago and I have the same impression as you.  I tried T64 on my FH, but didn't like it as much as T05 or Tibhar Sinus.  Right now I have T64 max BH, Sinus max FH.  The weight of my blade was 84 grams and my red T64 was 66grams uncut and 45 grams cut - the same as yours.
I also ordered a ZLF and received it last Friday, I put the same set up as the ALC and the main difference is the ZLF has more dwell and is a little slower, both blades are very good, just pick what you want for your style.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 3:18pm
I wish the blade was about 80 g though, those 7 grams are a big deal to my wrist after extended play. 

I know Boll is right the blade feels absolutely perfect at a higher weight, it feels like a REAL bat,

My thoughts now are

05 is a replacement for super speed glued chinese rubber = or a bit like bryce and was the original or first release

64 is a replacement for speed glued bryce fx = away from the table concept

64 will be more popular for all euro style players

Im just wondering if 25 is a replacement for speed glued Bryce hard - close to the table
anyone try 25 and could give there thoughts otherwise?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 3:31pm
hey bozbris, you made a very good buy. You only need 2 sheets of tenergy, so if you sell your extra sheets to your club members 50 usd *8 = 400 usd
You'll get your money back. The supply of tenergy in the us is depleted, and are selling for 55-65+ usd a sheet.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 3:40pm
yea thanks, I think I will have to up the security or insurance policy at my house now.

Oh if anyone is coming to Brisvegas and wants a sheet let me know.

I've updated the unused poll choices with other choices that may seem better.

I havent changed the ones that people voted for
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Im just wondering if 25 is a replacement for speed glued Bryce hard - close to the table
anyone try 25 and could give there thoughts otherwise?

I played with T25 for a while and it is a good rubber, and it is very good away from the table, like T64, but T64 has a softer feel.  I didn't like T64 or T25 on my FH, because I like to loop off of half long serves and it was difficult with these rubbers.  T05 is great close to the table, but away from the table counter looping, can be a little inconsistent or I can be a little inconsisten, not as forgiving and the arc is very high.  So for my style I would rate T64 / T25 as BH rubber only and I like T64 better, due to the softer feel and that is where it stays.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
venacious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venacious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 7:37pm
Why'd you get so many?
JEAus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEAus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 8:47pm
Hi,

Just so I can get a more accurate feel for the weight, what are the dimensions of the uncut sheets?

And I would probably be interested if you ever look at selling any.

Regards,
Jonathan
Regards,
Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic