Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hardest Combo Possible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardest Combo Possible
    Posted: 09/05/2009 at 2:28pm

The harder a combo is, the less affected it is by opponent's variance.  The hardest rubber would be the most compressed one.  Are there any rubbers of those types?(since we seem to be going in the opposite direction.)

Also, the hardest carbon is Diamond...pretty sure no 1 can afford that.  If the weight is too much, the combo can be super thin.  Anyways, its very easy to do these searches, but its tough to find a top 10 list of hardest carbon...Do we use any of these in table tennis?  The Hardest Ironwood is Ipe.  Maybe a 3 ply blade with thinnest rubber possible since its extremely dense will create a blade which gives no regard to spin/respect to momentum...and through design of the handle/adding an extremely thin layer of wood for feeling(5 ply)....this can be the most consistent baby on the planet :) (I m sick of my hitting a shot, then the ball's pressure changing my angle)

I know it wont be fastest since it wont have spring effect the energy will be used to damage the ball...but for a hitter, he cannot ask for more :)
(I need for my consistent flat hits that I miss b/c my grip is not tight enough..and the pressure of the ball makes me change my angles...)

If you have nothing to offer but to criticize my ways, do not reply.  Ofcourse, I appreciate an open minded constructive advice :)
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 2:32pm
You have 1000 posts :)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 2:45pm
Melarimsa, can you get any more stars through posting more?!
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 3:01pm

You can't achieve both -  becoming Platinum Member and passing Quantum Physics. LOL

Single Ply Hinoki club
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 3:25pm
Nah, I am going to retire.  I have seen that people here are less interested in having a mutual discussion but more interested in forcing their unwelcomed help to an excessive unhealthy limit.  This forum used to be very classic.  Where everyone respects one another.  I feel there is no middle ground...either the moderators need to start being more strict or let them rule the flow of conversation.
infinite_loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infinite_loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Thylacine Thylacine wrote:

You can't achieve both -��becoming Platinum Member and passing Quantum Physics. LOL
Well, according to Quantum mechanics, both can happen ... until someone observes it
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 6:44pm
Jokes aside,

Hardest rubbers:

Joola Xpress Xplode, Tibhar Nimbus VIP, Yasaka Pryde, Xiom rubbers, Andro High Numbers, and Donic Coppa Speed...now among these, which ones are hardest...I do not know.

Hardest Blades:

Help me out!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by sidofmillenium sidofmillenium wrote:

Nah, I am going to retire.  I have seen that people here are less interested in having a mutual discussion but more interested in forcing their unwelcomed help to an excessive unhealthy limit.  This forum used to be very classic.  Where everyone respects one another.  I feel there is no middle ground...either the moderators need to start being more strict or let them rule the flow of conversation.

because people here know a lot more than what you are saying especially if all of the well almost are either from repeated knowledge or you made conclusions with no tests or proof.. and yes if you cant get that through your thick skull that people do not welcome your posts because they are mostly moot, i dunno what will convince you to stop posting crap
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 3:55am
Yogi_bear, STOP garbaging my threads.  Whatever issue you have with me, resolve it in "I, have changed." thread.
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:09am
Yogi's word of the day - thick skull
:: EJ level 1 ::
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:11am
hungga, not just that, a logic of a 5 yr old also.. i will conitinue to post against this troll who only wants attention and try to mislead newbies here about right information
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:20am
:). Just don't kill him, ok?
:: EJ level 1 ::
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:24am
i dont need to. im just fed up with his trolling the forums somebody has to scold him! i might be a little harsh i admit that but i have no choice. his posts have gone far enough that my concern is on people who new to table tennis might be misled by his posts and not try the actual proven and sound facts first

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:36am
Keep it up Yogi_bear...I might have to get you demoted!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:37am
says who you? keep it up and you will make yourself a laughing stock of this forum

PROFIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:40am

Hard, fast racket is not an answer to your question and problems - in my opinion. The softer the rubber- the better chance to recover a mistake - (misreading spin and angle etc.) For a hard racket you need perfect mechanics - utilizing the wrist, forearm, shoulder, legs. And no mistake with the timing of the ball - hitting it only in the perfect tragectory.

But on the other hand - a hard racket gives you less time of contact with the ball.
PROFIT is fighting with lions
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:49am

Have I not mentioned this before?  I forget.

Harder combo is less affected by opponent's momentum.  So the strokes are more exact.

I think that may be better than harder combo is, when we have a soft outer ply, and inner harder ply, the blade vibrates less coz blade is absorbing the impact.  Whereas a completely stiff blade may move in impact.  Therefore, would the best solution be to have 1 ply hardest blade, and softest rubbers?
PROFIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:12am
in general....IN GENERAL if your hand movement is so fast, that you overcome the spin of the opponents ball - then you can have this harder combo - stroke... BUT it is inpossible - i suppose you know how many revs per second has the ball - so imagine what speed and force will you need to "break" those forces and to act with your hand movement and direction and etc.  Maybe i`m speaking a bit more of hand gesture and mechanics - but for me thereal problem is there, not in the racket. As before - have you tried a steel sheet racket? with 2 normal rubbers on it - then you have vibrationless racket, jumpy and very harsh sound....yet very heavy....
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:13am
So you think I would need to have anti rubbers?  I cannot find anti off+ though...
PROFIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:18am
yeah, why not?! Super Anti or...Feint Long II or some of Dr. Neubauer`s rubbers....
Spin is what makes our sport so interesting and unpredictable and addictive and extreme - and differs it from tennis court....
and if you think a little - topspin is invented to oppose, to counterreact to the chop balls...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:21am

Does anyone know how I can remove friction from a normal rubber?  I heard microwaving a long pip can make it frictionless and undetectable for tournaments.

mudr.nudl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudr.nudl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:24am
i am pretty sure that hardest rubbers now for Europe is Tibhar Nimbus VIP and Butterfly TENERGY 05...
in asia is really different rubbers which are harder than in europe - most popular in china is DHS Neo Hurrican III...
that is all
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:31am

Tenergy 05 has 35 degrees of density.  It is not hard.

Dafydd393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:50am

WRONG! Tenergy is rated at 36 degrees.

You are also forgetting that there is not a univarsial scale for sponge hardness. 36 degrees for one company could be soft, where as for anouther it could be considerd very hard...
Blade - Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL
Fh - Boost TC 2.0mm
Bh - Boost TC 2.0mm
mudr.nudl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudr.nudl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:58am
i wrote what is true reality
not what is true bureaucracy
you can believe catalogue or you can create a topic where experienced people help you - and you selected second choice
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Dafydd393 Dafydd393 wrote:

WRONG! Tenergy is rated at 36 degrees.

You are also forgetting that there is not a univarsial scale for sponge hardness. 36 degrees for one company could be soft, where as for anouther it could be considerd very hard...

There is certainly an international scale for sponge hardness, maybe not a "universal" one since not all the companys use it (they should) :)

Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 10:01am

Jokes aside,

Hardest rubbers:

Joola Xpress Xplode, Tibhar Nimbus VIP, Yasaka Pryde, Xiom rubbers, Andro High Numbers, and Donic Coppa Speed...now among these, which ones are hardest...I do not know.

Hardest Blades:

Help me out!

jokes aside, those rubbers are really jokes in terms of hardness. It reads "45 to 50" because IT IS ON A DIFFERENT SCALE as say, butterfly or DHS. A nimbus VIP isn't even close to the hardness of a sriver or 40 degrees h3. Not even close, one can easily tell from pressing the sponge with your own hand. If you still don't believe it, just get a durometer. Or ask someone who has one.

Butterfly and DHS uses similar scale. I believe that butterfly is probably a degree higher than DHS at most. Haifu also has a similar scale to them. A sriver or h3 or bw2 is much harder than say, andro roxon 450, and still harder than andro roxon 500. I believe Haggisv has a sponge hardness table that will prove my claims. (I have tried the roxons and h3 and sriver)

I believe the hardest playable rubber would therefore be some hard chinese sponge with a hard chinese topsheet. Definitely not anything on your list.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 10:11am
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Over the last week he is averaging over 24 posts a day.
Over last month average 7 posts a day.
Wow.
---
"Harder combo is less affected by opponent's momentum" this is complete horsesh!t. That depends on the players involved and level of skill. Also, define momentum please. What momentum are you speaking of? Also, the hardest combo will depend heavily on the blade as well as rubber. The hardest, stiffest combo will have a blade that is not flexible and has very hard outer layers and possible multiple layers of composite material.

I for one would like to know how you come to your conclusions that you post as fact. Many of them, including this one, are strange and also written in a very strange style-- it is as if you are using a translator or something.

Lastly, what is your rating? Usually people who post as much strange crap and theory that is way out in left field are not very highly rated table tennis players ( which isn't a big deal ... I for one am not a highly rated player and that doesn't stop me from posting frequently). Its just that I am having a hard time understanding what it is your are trying to achieve. You post so much about random and varied topics, that it just leaves me confused and frankly a little angry. It is as though you are trying to create a cult of personality here on a TT forum. Why are you posting almost 24 times a day? I am not trying to be a d!ck, but I am trying to understand, because as of right now, I am just very confused by you and each one of your 24 posts that clog up the first page of the forum... most of which would not help anyone who is serious about TT.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 10:19am
Anyone remember the old Ryu Seng Ming rubber Xiom Pro Z? That was a super spinny topsheet on a 50 degree sponge (chinese scale) that you couldn't press into.

Whether you could find it Sid, is another question.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
PROFIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 10:59am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Over the last week he is averaging over 24 posts a day.
Over last month average 7 posts a day.
Wow.
---
"Harder combo is less affected by opponent's momentum" this is complete horsesh!t. That depends on the players involved and level of skill. Also, define momentum please. What momentum are you speaking of? Also, the hardest combo will depend heavily on the blade as well as rubber. The hardest, stiffest combo will have a blade that is not flexible and has very hard outer layers and possible multiple layers of composite material.

I for one would like to know how you come to your conclusions that you post as fact. Many of them, including this one, are strange and also written in a very strange style-- it is as if you are using a translator or something.

Lastly, what is your rating? Usually people who post as much strange crap and theory that is way out in left field are not very highly rated table tennis players ( which isn't a big deal ... I for one am not a highly rated player and that doesn't stop me from posting frequently). Its just that I am having a hard time understanding what it is your are trying to achieve. You post so much about random and varied topics, that it just leaves me confused and frankly a little angry. It is as though you are trying to create a cult of personality here on a TT forum. Why are you posting almost 24 times a day? I am not trying to be a d!ck, but I am trying to understand, because as of right now, I am just very confused by you and each one of your 24 posts that clog up the first page of the forum... most of which would not help anyone who is serious about TT.

are you a serious player?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic