FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Epox Offensiv Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Epox Offensiv Review
    Posted: 10/07/2009 at 7:30am
SmileI bought a donic epox offensiv as a replacement for my xiom aria which i consider a very good blade but due to its small handle and my big hands i choose donic epox offensiv. my first impression on the blade is that the quality is very good and the finish is like that of the donic black devil, a colored outer layer of the entire blade and the blade looks very cool too. the handle is very comfortable and the edges on the neck part of the blade is not as sharp like that of a stiga blade. when i bounced the ball it has a nice ping sound. i was unfortunate that i couldnt find an 85 gram epox offensive so i settled with a 92 gram blade based on the digital weighing scale in the store.
I glued my neo skyline 3 black for my forehand and lkt rapid soft for the backhand and it feels a little heavy though the blade is still quite balanced. i immediately did a fh to fh drill and i really feel comfortable with the blade since there is a bit of vibration in the blade which i really like. the speed of this blade is definitely faster than a stiga offensive classic blade but less than that of a clipper wood. a friend of mine told me that he can compare the speed of the donic epox offensive to that of a btty mazunov blade which i consider fast enough.
i am enjoying the blade in my first 2 days of playing it since the only fault i can find is that being heavy. its not head heavy even with 2 chinese rubbers. looping is easy and the best thing i can do for this blade is its easy to do on-the-rise spin drives against heavy underspin balls. this blade has many gears and you can perform a lot of styles with it. the control is really good even though its fast, the speed is more or less OFF.
i recommend this blade to people who love an all wood blade with a decent amount of speed but with lots of control and feel. even pips out rubbers are good for this blade
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2009 at 12:54pm
Yeah, I used the same blade for a while, very nice blade, very comfortable anatomic handle, very controlled and good speed, I can even chop with pips on it.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 10:18am
had a blast with the donic epox offensiv again today.. im more adjusted to the blade's weight and performance now and i think im gonna keep it because its good on attacking and blocking. chinese rubbers are good with this blade. if you follow the chinese player rubber set up, using chinese rubber on the fh and euro/jpn rubber bh, you wont regret it because its compatible
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 3:19pm
Yeah, I stuck with it pretty much until I switched to defensive play, the longest of any blade I've had. Plays well with soft and hard rubbers, I don't really like Tenergy on it though honestly, have my 05 on there right now, the piece that got a hole in it, and I don't know what it is, maybe I'm just not used to offensive setups anymore, but it just doesn't sit right. Or maybe it feels weird because I have thin sponge pips on the other side...oh yeah, I can chop with it too. 
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2009 at 2:26pm
I switched back to my Epox Offensiv yesterday and hit around for about 3 hours with my friend. I also had great success with my blocks, drove him crazy with the backhand blocking, very easy to control it and manipulate the spin on it. Something I noticed coming from a fast composite blade to an all wood blade, is that there is a huge difference in the dwell time and the feedback. I really felt the lack of feedback coming from carbonkevlar blades that are pretty stiff and fast to this, I used to not notice it at all when I used it, but I really felt that despite the lack of feedback, I had better feeling for the ball, if that makes sense. I felt similar to how I did coming from a fast rubber to a slower one, like from tenergy to aircondle for me, softer, more dwell time, yet muffled almost? Like driving a standard car that you cant hear the engine. I did feel that on passive shots and slower shots it had way more control due to the lower gears of an all wood blade, it didn't fly off of it as much, I could really, despite the very fast rubbers on it, do some really soft touch shots. Forehand strokes took the most getting used to, way more dwell time on it than my K-5, but it was easier to get it on the table, there and all around in shots. I think the short game is also much improved because it's easier to keep it low and slower.
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2009 at 11:04pm
If that is the yellow one, then i've played with it before...my friend had juic couga and neo anti on the other side...very fast solid blade...I'm curious to how fast their new epox blades are...(the red one...) or maybe I have them mixed up. anywho...I played with the yellow one. I think it was either offensive or top speed.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Piingpoong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2009 at 2:17am

With me this blade quite heavy

Nittaku ACOUSTIC
FH: TG3
BH: Hexer
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2009 at 4:20am
epox offensiv is black/red, epox power all around is blue, the yellow one is the fastest but less feel.. the new epox like the red one is an improved version of persson power carbon

tt-and-bb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-and-bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2013 at 1:23am
I realize this is an old post but... Seeing that there are not many reviews on the Epox Off, I thought I would add my experiences. I have been playing with it for 3-4 months and it is now my main blade. It's a very solid construction, quality finish. The neck is is sanded smooth, a nice touch since many players dislike the sharp edges and sand themselves. 

The surface is medium hard, and the flex is on the low side for an all wood blade, probably because of the 6.5mm thickness. A lot of its power seems to come from the heft and thickness, giving it a less dynamic feel, but very solid for blocking and hitting. It seems like an all around blade that can be paired with a wide range of rubbers. Rated offensive, it is quite fast, faster than my Butterfly Michael Maze Performance (5 ply all wood) and a little slower than Joola Viva (7 ply wood). 

I played with H3 national on FH and CJ8000 (40-42 GP ) on BH, then changed to Apollo III and Yasaka Zap (40-42). Epox Off excels in driving and blocking, the slight lack of flex made looping a little harder than I'm used to, less help from the blade. The surface is generous, not oversize but bigger than most butterfly off-/off  blades. That's something I prefer because it gives me more confidence in chopping when I'm at mid-distance and want to throw in a mix up. 

In all, a very nice blade that has all around qualities, a bit bland maybe but easy to use. 
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2013 at 12:57pm
I think my Epox Offensive is a "bad one". Plays like a brick and is heavy. My Power Carbon is a much better blade even though I'm not using it.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2013 at 10:33pm
I played with Epox Offensive for a year before I laid my hands on a TB Spirit. Maybe I had a bad peice but Epox Offensive felt too woody and slow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic