FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

my new vid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my new vid
    Posted: 11/17/2009 at 7:48am
Hey guys,

I was testing out my new camcorder to see how it would record. anyways, it's a vid of my doing bh loop vs. underspin.

comments always welcome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWGRqyEjXzA
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Sponsored Links

shamoo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 12:59pm
Thanks for the vid, always useful to see these.

Camcorder wise, a little closer zoom or crop would be nice.

Form wise, you do a little mini backhand with your left hand, might decrease consistency. Weight on back of heels esp from forehand court. I think bending knee and back more would add power and reduce need to generate all power from arm.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 2:10pm
yea, i was too lazy to zoom in, next time i'll just crop the video. i was told that if i bend my knees more it'll get easier. i'll have to do that next time, or be more conscious of it. =)

thanks for the input!!
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

jpingchow123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpingchow123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 6:48pm
I like the quality that camera produces.

I don't know if it is just how I practice, but the practice speed seemed kind of slow.

One thing that I notice is that since the ball is being split, it looks like you kind of move to where the ball is going to be before it is given. I've been told watch where the ball goes, then move.

But other than that awesome.
Amultart CS
Bryce Speed 2.1
Tackifire Special Soft 2.1

YEO
Bryce Speed 2.1
Tackifire Special Soft 2.1
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 10:11pm
yea, just working on getting into position and working on setting up my body for the shot. i'll probably start working on upping the tempo later on.

i really like the camera for sure. i'm fiddling with the settings and my editing software.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

t3h anarchist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t3h anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 11:04pm
i think you are using too much wrist action, also ur stroke starts too low, that kind of accounts for inconsistency you were tlakin about
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 11:10pm
Is that a coach or a member of the team because it hits the blade on the table every single time in the whole entire video...just wondering if he is concious that he is doing that...if I had any equipment that nice, I wouldn't be hitting it on the table on purpose every time...i try to take care of what I do have...great vid!
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2009 at 12:33am
actually starting the bat low is a conscious effort =). the main point of this exercise is to spin the ball to the point where the ball just dips onto the table. hence the reason why the bat starts low and the wrist action is added to the motion.

as for my team mate banging onto the table, it is a conscious thing also, he's not very worried about the blade. =)

i'll keep on working on the techniques and more vids will be coming! it'll be a short compilation of our latest nctta qualifier!
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2009 at 4:28am
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

actually starting the bat low is a conscious effort =). the main point of this exercise is to spin the ball to the point where the ball just dips onto the table. hence the reason why the bat starts low and the wrist action is added to the motion.

as for my team mate banging onto the table, it is a conscious thing also, he's not very worried about the blade. =)

i'll keep on working on the techniques and more vids will be coming! it'll be a short compilation of our latest nctta qualifier!

You are correct to start your bat low, when looping against underspin. For the most part, you look on track to me. Like myself, you might remind yourself that the power comes from the legs and not the arm. Otherwise, like I said, looking good on the backhand loop. Big%20smile 
myttus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myttus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2009 at 9:46am
Any forehand videos?

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2009 at 5:05pm
i'll probably shoot one soon. just working on a highlight video right now.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2009 at 2:28am
thanks for moving the post mods!! neways...here's the video highlight of our last tournament!! =D enjoy guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza2h8Blr10
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2009 at 3:41am
I wish I could offer something useful but I'm really not able (I'm a short pips non-standard bh player)

what I can do is ask you who in the world sprayed the floor with silicone before you drilled?
That was ridiculous... really.
With no good footing it would be very difficult to drill.
You were sliding like crazy right?
Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2009 at 5:18am
I think you improved quite a lot since you were in Vietnam.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2009 at 6:32am
try doing medium or short swings when doing a counter against a loop. your swings are too long. also try to remember the level of your racket should be similar with the ball's level if its not a chopped ball (that is when hitting or looping a ball that has topspin)
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2009 at 10:34am
heh thnx a lot everyone!

@skyline: i feel like i've gotten slower since vietnam though...=(

@heim: yea the gym was crap when it came to the floor. feels like it hasn't been washed in years. had to water my shoes in order to get brief grip...

@yogi: i feel like that is my biggest concern. i hope over time i'll get better at it.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2009 at 11:37am
I feel you still holding back on your shots, you need to contact the ball more solid and with more confidence.. your technique is good but you need to maximize them..
Your serve is too one dimensional you need to vary the spin, length and placement..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2009 at 5:29pm
None of the players in the tournament video returned serve that well unless long and was attacked, there was no use of the short game and keeping it tight something worth thinking about
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2009 at 2:32am
@asr: that's actually what i've been working on a bit last friday. just playing some short serves. tried some short topspin (similar to zang jike) and i have no idea how he keeps the ball so short and low. i usually can find the second bounce near the edge of the table (which is good) but it would be cool if i could shorten it more....

i still need to build up more confidence in my shots b/c i feel like they're not that consistent yet...especially my bh. that's why you see me guiding the ball so much.

Thanks so much asr! i appreciate the help =).
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2009 at 11:39am

thanks for moving the post mods!! neways...here's the video highlight of our last tournament!! =D enjoy guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza2h8Blr10

tpgh2k, Is this the same location? I noticed plenty of you sliding again...
what I didn't add earlier (or add clearly enough) is that a stable base would be soooo much better
enough of that

(this refers to the FH side as I'm not really "qualified" to analyze your BH)
What I really noticed from the tournament vid was you trying to spin high balls when they could (& should have been) loop-driven & MANY of them flat hit or smashed.
I'm not trying to be negative but am trying to call your attention to this possibility. There may be a time to spin a high ball like the ones seen in the vid yet I am fairly certain, many many of those balls should have been flat hit or driven.
When you find the bounce of your opponents shot clearly above the net
consider/visualize a straight line through the ball & drive through it with considerable vigor.
The speed allowed you & produced here should gain you an advantage, if not the point outright.
If it doesn't you still have the benefit of mixing up the tempo & spin/less spin/low spin/no spin of your game & this may cause your opponent to err.
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2009 at 11:48am
sadly it's not the same place, much worse floors (but softer on the knees). yea, i really should have gotten on top of the balls and just loop-drive the hell out of them. that's why in two of the clips my loops went long. in the raw footage it was a lot more often. 
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2009 at 2:25pm
tpgh2k

the backhand loop looks good except (you knew that was coming ;) )

The arm movement is spot on, but I don't see the leg inclusion needed to be lifting balls CONSISTANTLY. In that video, the backhand is just arms, no legs. Need to find a way to get those legs in the form.

On the 2nd video.

Those high balls, you are making them yes but need to find a way to spin them less and flat hit them more. Losing lots of power because you are spinning the ball instead.

Be mindful of your serves, couple of times the server where "fluffy" and that first player looped them as he should have.
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2009 at 7:56pm
Why is dalamchops chopping into the table with the rubber-less side of a blade?  You guys trying to get a new table..Or is he putting racing stripes on it? 

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2009 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by myttus myttus wrote:

Any forehand videos?

as requested, i put up a short fh video. not my best work but whatever =P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_5iSIWSDkM
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2009 at 2:36am
It's looking good man:)
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2009 at 3:03am
You should serve underspin and have it pushed back to you. Your partner can give you much stronger spin that way and it is more realistic rhythm because you are practicing a 3rd ball situation. It just a much better use of time and effort because you practice your service, backhand loop, spin reading, pivot positioning (from service motion into backhand loop position), etc all at once instead of just looping duds.
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2009 at 3:48am
Nice video quality + bh loop. It's better than mine, that's for sure. I also noticed that your shoes were sliding around on that gym floor.

On an unrelated note: Where did you come up with your username?
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2009 at 9:11am
ahh, the username actually came from the first letters of my full name jumbled around =).
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2009 at 12:46pm

thanks for moving the post mods!! neways...here's the video highlight of our last tournament!! =D enjoy guys!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza2h8Blr10

Where was this video recorded,Tuan?What is a name of this place?
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2009 at 12:52pm
Your body seems too stiff, loosen up a bit.. tpgh..

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic