3 [11.54%]
4 [15.38%]
5 [19.23%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boz's New Tenergy 25 video on speed
    Posted: 01/23/2010 at 8:51pm
After the christmas break of trying chinese rubber and 3 different blades my game kind of went to hell but I have resettle with my brand new flared ishlion and everything does what it is meant to - well at least when I don't do clear air swing.

Thanks Fahad
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

fahad007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahad007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2010 at 9:16am
cool rallies keep up the hard work.
table tennis net is a blog dedicated to table tennis. Find tips, video tutorials, reviews, articles and more. Check it out now
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2010 at 8:43am
Originally posted by ladiesman69 ladiesman69 wrote:

Fruitloop plays table tennis like a boss.Approve

Thank god you didn't say, "Like a Boz" ;)
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
ladiesman69 View Drop Down
Permabanned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladiesman69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2010 at 12:48am
Fruitloop plays table tennis like a boss.Approve
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

I never implied there was anything bad or wrong about european play, it simply describes your play well. All I did was imply your third ball was good, so try using it directly on balls served to you, especially if they are mild in spin and long (single bounce). At your level, if you do not want to serve short or implement a push game I'm not going to suggest it twice.

Can you explain why 'Euro' style play in your opinion varies from any other style in this aspect? all players will attack a serve if its possible. You are suggesting that European style players don't attack 'mild in spin and long in bounce' serves? well I'm a European style looper, and I'm straight down the throat of any loose serves I can tell you, quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 11:39pm
now I am very confused
I contacted aussie table tennis and they said something about only Vega Pro having the black porous sponge

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 11:34pm
now I am very confused
I contacted aussie table tennis and they said something about only Vega Pro having the black porous sponge

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

the euro version isnt as spinny as pro - so I will not be going that way.

also it doesnt have the sexy looking black sponge

Euro is very spinny, and its definitely got the black sponge. If you want to try a soft "FX" type of rubber, Euro is the way to go. But Pro probably has better overall performance, although I haven't tried Pro.

Vega is not a Tenergy replacement as some have claimed Hexer was/is. But its worth trying next time you want to try out some different stuff, whenever that is.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 10:02pm

Are you sure about that? I thought all three versions had the black sponge...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 9:35pm
the euro version isnt as spinny as pro - so I will not be going that way.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 9:32pm
Boz, next time you splurge for some new equipment, you should try a sheet of Xiom Vega Euro on your BH. Very soft, very spinny, and good power on BH loops. And its lighter than Tenergy.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a poor man's Tenergy FX, but I wouldn't argue with someone who called it that either.

Just a friendly suggestion.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 9:27pm
I still think the word ugly is more descriptive than some technic

ugly is example of poor form or just uncoached style -
particualr technic means nothing
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 8:12pm
this is a very interesting post boz because i feel the same about tenergy 05.
I noticed i have an additional edge because some particular technic strokes (this sounds better than ugly shots lol) that create trouble to the opponent. And this is something i would have not experiment with other rubbers.
With the right technic, tenergy 05 allows less physical shape players to get as painful as more trained people.

It is like when the glue came out to give an additional edge to swedish players against chinese in the first glue era years.

Or when people used tires glue hurting more trained people.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 6:47pm
Looks like someone needs to change their signature.

I tried tg3 blue sponge - (not Neo) but I dont care - I dont believe the neo will make it any more playable for someone used to tenergy 05 on their forehand.

My main problem is that tenergy has allowed me to develop a variety of "ugly" shots which actually land with tremendous awkwardness for my opponent.  No other rubber has welcomed these as much as 05.

All the chinese rubbers, are terrible also at fishing away from the table because they require clear intention. 

When you put your mind to any rubber and are in the right spot it will land - but I am not and often reaching out to a ball I can manage to win points when I shouldn't. 

For me a rubber should give you an advantage, not punish you for your weakness.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 5:32pm

OK for the couple of people who said I should try Hurricane III neo, I did and it requires me a total change to my forehand.� I was hoping it was easier to use than other Chinese rubbers.

When I first switched from T25 to H3 Neo the throw was too high for me and I didn't feel that this particular rubber will work for me. Then I tried Neo TG3 the day after, and I'm still using it.. I'm in love with TG3 (on Amultart), if I'll change to any other rubber then it will be T25 again though.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2010 at 4:55pm
OK for the couple of people who said I should try Hurricane III neo, I did and it requires me a total change to my forehand.  I was hoping it was easier to use than other Chinese rubbers.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 6:23am

why didnt you tell me you had a vid? ok you are real tall man.� I always imagine short asian guys using that grip - but solcion is good durable cant go wrong rubber - simple as that.

Your coach might be telling you not to do sidespin because its harder for him to return the ball.

this is the reason sometimes being coached trains all the quirks out of your game that makes it hard for other players.

Well trained players say it often to me - cant you just do a normal shot?� Everything you do is spin

I just look at them and say no I can't!�

I want to say why should I hit the ball like everybody else?� I know which way you going to hit the ball... lol penhold sidespin yea thats tough coz most the players here use shakehand and then you got the sidespin just a lovely weapon.

I didn't talk about the vid because I had a topic about it few days ago :D
my coach explained what he means when he asks me not to do side spin RPB, because its harder to block and it will return differently each time to me. Same with you! the coach asks me to slow down my loop for example.. this makes me lose control and the ball keeps going far

Hurricane Hao III
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 6:11am
why didnt you tell me you had a vid? ok you are real tall man.  I always imagine short asian guys using that grip - but solcion is good durable cant go wrong rubber - simple as that.

Your coach might be telling you not to do sidespin because its harder for him to return the ball.

this is the reason sometimes being coached trains all the quirks out of your game that makes it hard for other players.

Well trained players say it often to me - cant you just do a normal shot?  Everything you do is spin

I just look at them and say no I can't! 
I want to say why should I hit the ball like everybody else?  I know which way you going to hit the ball... lol penhold sidespin yea thats tough coz most the players here use shakehand and then you got the sidespin just a lovely weapon.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 5:15am

Is your Rpb a sidespin loop? then the high throw is not a problem -
I think its the best shot for that style.

If not, If you just do linear - straight looping try 64 - ask Debraj about Hexer or Anton about Vega...

If you dont want to send off high spin or have to deal with high spin�just get any older generation rubber - if you have money to keep changing rubbers every month try a medium tensor there are some cheap ones out there too.� You could buy a few cheap sheets of the latest 729 products too which look really really good in my opinion.� the sponges and topsheet look much better quality than about 5-10 years ago.�

I felt a few in my fingers and the sponge feels much better quality.

I only say 05 if you want the most extreme spin with speed - doesnt mean it suits you.

I just bought a solcion.. ugh ! that was a fast decision from, actually a blunder I guess :/

here is a vid of me doing drills, but my coach asked me not to add side spin.. but I usually add side spin in play.

Hurricane Hao III
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 4:57am
Is your Rpb a sidespin loop? then the high throw is not a problem -
I think its the best shot for that style.

If not, If you just do linear - straight looping try 64 - ask Debraj about Hexer or Anton about Vega...

If you dont want to send off high spin or have to deal with high spin just get any older generation rubber - if you have money to keep changing rubbers every month try a medium tensor there are some cheap ones out there too.  You could buy a few cheap sheets of the latest 729 products too which look really really good in my opinion.  the sponges and topsheet look much better quality than about 5-10 years ago. 

I felt a few in my fingers and the sponge feels much better quality.

I only say 05 if you want the most extreme spin with speed - doesnt mean it suits you.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 3:35am

not sure how you can not like it if you have already tried it.� I don't do reverse penhold but I think the best shot I play against is a sidespin hook - and so far I havent seen anything better at doing that than t05.
The reason for this is as everybody knows is it has extremely high throw which means by sidespinning you bring the throw down.

or put another way

rubbers with a low throw are hard to sidespin with because the shot goes into the net more often.

Havent tried Hexer or vega - but so far depending on how much you train and your level I believe 05 will give the most devastating topspin sidespin shots.

A "friend of mine" has only just started implenting his rpg into his game and he uses t64 new on one side and t64 old on the other quite effectively.

if you dont use the shot much why dont you just stick the old sheet on the back?

I really dont think t25 is going to suit back there or any other fragile topsheet rubber from esn.

I use RPB a lot during a game, just because people focus on it as a weakness. The only problem with T05 is the very high throw, I was thinking also if T64 can fix that that since I hear it is a mid throw rubber..
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

Hurricane Hao III
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 2:57am
not sure how you can not like it if you have already tried it.  I don't do reverse penhold but I think the best shot I play against is a sidespin hook - and so far I havent seen anything better at doing that than t05.
The reason for this is as everybody knows is it has extremely high throw which means by sidespinning you bring the throw down.
or put another way
rubbers with a low throw are hard to sidespin with because the shot goes into the net more often.

Havent tried Hexer or vega - but so far depending on how much you train and your level I believe 05 will give the most devastating topspin sidespin shots.

A "friend of mine" has only just started implenting his rpg into his game and he uses t64 new on one side and t64 old on the other quite effectively.

if you dont use the shot much why dont you just stick the old sheet on the back?

I really dont think t25 is going to suit back there or any other fragile topsheet rubber from esn.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 2:48am

I did try it on bh and actually played proper competition one night with it on bh - yes you can do zippy shots but in my opinion every rubber's supposed "speed" rating depends on how you CAN hit the ball.�

I have a rule for rubbers - either back hand or forehand - you should be able to feel the ball just hit into the blade for most the shots you do

the only time i could do that was killing the fh

when breaking this rule - for example using softer rubbers where you constantly hit into the blade - I really suggest using a softer feeling blade (not slower) but just softer.

back on topic - I think tenergy FX will suit backhand more because most of us dont have the backhand power to penetrate through the topsheet and sponge on our backhand

when what do you suggest for BH (RPB) using freechack glue?

I used T05 1.9 before 2.1 and I could feel the ball and actually I landed more shots on the table. But I'm feeling at risk ordering such expensive rubber and not liking it. I was using TBS at that time and now using Amultart.

Hurricane Hao III
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 2:46am
fat sorry missed your posts - fruit was just telling me on messenger that my style doesnt look good on camera - I would like to add it actually looks worse in reality.

I beat most people with my awkward untrained style.

I actually wished my style was as nice Oh Sung Euns (think thats how u spell it)

He is actually for me the most perfect fluid style today.

ps. I just ordered h3 neo - so you people that voted for it watch out! just jokin

Hope I can do a review of it too.  I want to get into making lots of demos of how the different rubbers play - I think if someone searching the net wants to know about a rubber it really helps to see a variety of strokes using it to get an idea of its trajectory - especally if I keep on using the same blade.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 2:33am
I did try it on bh and actually played proper competition one night with it on bh - yes you can do zippy shots but in my opinion every rubber's supposed "speed" rating depends on how you CAN hit the ball. 

I have a rule for rubbers - either back hand or forehand - you should be able to feel the ball just hit into the blade for most the shots you do

the only time i could do that was killing the fh

when breaking this rule - for example using softer rubbers where you constantly hit into the blade - I really suggest using a softer feeling blade (not slower) but just softer.

back on topic - I think tenergy FX will suit backhand more because most of us dont have the backhand power to penetrate through the topsheet and sponge on our backhand
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 2:27am
Boz do you think that T25 will work on BH? specifically for RPB? I had it on FH.. now I'll try it on BH, but I'd like to know your opinion on that.

Hurricane Hao III
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 2:07am
what i enjoyed in fruit loops's game is how fluid his strokes are on both wings; that means a huge potential for power.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Fatt - we play a few times a week.  He is fit I am um just lazy old b....

It's great to have a consistent partner. Let me guess: he is playing slightly higher than your level but you can beat him on a good day.
I am guessing you win 20% of the matches if you both play serious.
Let me know I am curious about how I do at analyzing the video.

um Fat - ask Fruit Loop - Nah actually he is just reaching my level recently.  He is getting closer to 50/50
As for the next post, thanks for the advice.Smile

Haha fatt. You've got it around the wrong way. Boz win's by far the most in games. probably 80/20 in favour in him when this was taken. i'm getting closer to him now though =]
Table tennis year 3 has started! =D Happy new years guys.

I was totally off...Oh well ain't no news...Ouch

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 1:33am
Thanks Icontek, you know I took a bit on board from u about my fh.  But really the t25 is such a tough rubber to get a satisfying feeling from, it really is for people that can drive through the big fat pips and then the medium hard sponge and then finally get the rewarding click of the blade.

That is too much for me.  But it kind of keeps encouraging you to work for it. 

I think this recorded session may have been the first time I took the rubber in for a trial so yea I was just donking the ball over the net like I dont know how to loop.

The season that just ended saw me finish in 3rd postion in our club - so I felt pretty happy.   I think the injury made me focus on other things for a while and then when it went away all the rest came back quick with some new ideas.

From looking at videos it's still hard to get a real feeling for the speed of the ball.   But when I did those forehands that were winners I really couldnt see them myself, and it makes it really hard to work out if you have won the point or not because it almost always hits both net and edge and zips off.

As I have predicted many times before Fruit Loop will pass me very soon and I imagine if nothing goes wrong he will be in the top 3 of the club this year.   I hope he keeps improving at the insane rate I have seen from him.

Currently the biggest weakness he has is consistancy.   If they are on I am stuffed. 

Hence I do a lot of blocking against players that play fast and I think will miss about the 7th.  He keeps proving me wrong though.... lol
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 12:14am

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Fatt - we play a few times a week.  He is fit I am um just lazy old b....

It's great to have a consistent partner. Let me guess: he is playing slightly higher than your level but you can beat him on a good day.
I am guessing you win 20% of the matches if you both play serious.
Let me know I am curious about how I do at analyzing the video.

um Fat - ask Fruit Loop - Nah actually he is just reaching my level recently.  He is getting closer to 50/50
As for the next post, thanks for the advice.Smile

Haha fatt. You've got it around the wrong way. Boz win's by far the most in games. probably 80/20 in favour in him when this was taken. i'm getting closer to him now though =]
Table tennis year 3 has started! =D Happy new years guys.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic