3 [11.54%]
4 [15.38%]
5 [19.23%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boz's New Tenergy 25 video on speed
    Posted: 12/31/2009 at 5:47am

Here is my last video of me playing in 2009.  This is at the exact point where my shoulder stopped hurting after many months.  I tried tenergy 25 because it seemed to require more hit or drive than loop.  Not sure if it cured it.  I also gave up the solcion which was making me go really hard at backhand constantly which also may have cured it.

But on the topic of Equipment - I don't use tenergy 25 on fh anymore - I found it a bit too demanding for my more allround style.

Let us know what you think of the play and the video.

Thanks Fruit Loop.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 5:53am
Awesome vid. Very fun to watch. Thanks for posting!

P.S. With whom are you playing? He looks very relaxed. If I could stay as relaxed as he looks, my ability would advance greatly. He almost looks like he's doing Tai Chi when he plays... very fluid. When I play, I look like I'm in a cage fight. Ouch
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 5:55am
LOl I knew you would vote Vega...
Thats Fruit Loop using boll spirit t64 bh and bw II fh
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:03am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

LOl I knew you would vote Vega...
Thats Fruit Loop using boll spirit t64 bh and bw II fh

Ha ha! The Vega's worth a shot... at least I think so. I've really only played with the Asia. I'm gonna try the Pro version here soon, but from what I gather it's probably a rubber that's way over my head.

I've really been digging the Vega Asia lately, but today I played with some Neo H3 and actually did much better. That rubber has so much more control for me, excellent spin, and nice feel. I just have to work my ass off to generate the speed I want.  

Eh... I'm slipping into an EJ viral fever...
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:07am
haha this one is a lot funnier than that first one..i think this was about 3 months ago, changed my equipment since then. =D
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:18am
nice demo,good shots,looks like both men enjoyed hitting the ball back and forth.thanks,nice video
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:21am
i think your bh style improved after playing with ishlion... and now you have pretty nice stylish bh loop.

25 is raw power... grt when you are in control of the point.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:23am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

i think your bh style improved after playing with ishlion... and now you have pretty nice stylish bh loop.

25 is raw power... grt when you are in control of the point.
I'm still using the ishlion  - not sure if you thought I changed

well I have been giving the iolite a go but it feels wrong for me still

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:49am
iolite is the fastest and springiest hybrid blade i have had(sardius,tbs,primorac).i feel it is too bouncy for short
game around the net.i loved the power it imparts to the ball on my f/h
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 7:06am
Iolite is spinnier and the throw on loops is shorter and slower.  So I find I have to work harder and my opponent can get to counter loop me easier (stuff the spin when its a good player)

at the table its too fast for blocking - the throw angle is often too hard for killing the ball at the table especially with tenergy.

IOlite is good at grazing for serves and smashing at the table or powering up 2-3 metres back.

Its just to bulky and soft similar to amultart for me.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 7:09am
anyone want to buy mine of me in Australia let me know - $130 au only in Australia.  Oh also on that note - the straight handle ishlion in this video is sold.  I am going to glue up my new FL soon.  Back to where I belong.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:19am
Thumbs%20Up
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:30am
I guess while this vid is up i could get some 'Constructive' criticism on my game. Please no derogatory comments etc. i don't want any fights, just some help for my game.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:51am
boz

even though your shoulder is not bothering you, your mind is telling you otherwise ;)

Reason I say that, I am seeing lot less "relaxness" then the last video on the FH loops. Looks very "arm" based instead of body. Might have to retrain the mind over the body on this one.

Fruitloop

looking good. Only thing I can see. when you FH loop, you are moving your bodyweight sideways instead of forwards, that is a lot of forward momentum that is not being applied. Also when you are out of position, you have a tendency to rip balls that should have ZERO business being ripped ;)
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 5:54pm
Thanks Figgie - I know I stand too much and use my arm - even when Im not injured I do that.  I have got big ingrained problems in my fh stroke because I taught myself and I have never had anyone to coach laziness out of me.  My greatest problem is footwork - if I moved to where the ball is I think I would do a closer to "correct" style.

So for me it all stems back to fitness - and well I've never been this heavy so before I care about my fh stroke I need to care about being able to run a hundred metres without feinting.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

i think your bh style improved after playing with ishlion... and now you have pretty nice stylish bh loop. 25 is raw power... grt when you are in control of the point.

I'm still using the ishlion� - not sure if you thought I changed

well I have been giving the iolite a go but it feels wrong for me still

I always say ishlion when i mean solcion.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:21pm
Yea I thought something was odd - I also confuse all the dam names ishlion solcion ishlion iolite marmite vegemite

I notice something about your signature too cj8000 biotech soft hay?

I have total respect for that rubber I sold the 2 I got from hong kong to a mate - and he just loves them for control and the spin is great - touch slow but he really found he could control his game much more than the tenergy. 

my backhand adapts to any rubber - especially spinny ones

but there is no rubber that is going to save my fh except coaching 1 on 1 with a gestapo like coach that yells and shoots rubber bullets at me everytime I dont do the right thing.

Deb are you going to try the vega?

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 6:38pm
On the rubber, i can only suggest to go with what is most consistent and controllable for you. I went with the 25 myself.

As for your games they're so....euro. If you guys have such strong third balls, why not apply it directly to some of the services you see? For the most part your services are mild on spin and single bouncers. Committing a full force attack on the second ball sparingly is a viable variation on service return. You guys also seem allergic to the strong push. This is probably more of a stylistic difference, but its another shot worth throwing into the mix. Heavy backspin pushes deep to your opponent forces slow loops back (that you can block/hit aggressively), a passive return, or the point win (they loop into the net or worse). There are lots of ways to try to win the point before it escalates into a topspin rally, which you guys seem eager to serve-flip into. Just my notes. There is only a limited amount of your game that you can reveal playing against one opponent.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 7:09pm
consistant and controllable for me is 05.  25 doesn't dig in enough for me.

Is there something bad about Euro?  I felt I did appy a third ball attack to some of the services.  

On serve not sure if it is clear enough to notice but there are short balls backspin balls no spin balls and side spin balls and most the balls double bounce on the end line.  You don't see that because we tend to roll them .  There are service misreads poppin up for kills or heavy loops so not sure where your going with that.

What do you mean allergic to long push?  we dont like to push long?  probably right.  I don't practise pushing much - it's quite effective as you say, just don't really get into pushing that's all.

Thanks for the feedback, this is my style - I tend to roll into no spin or topspin because pushing games just bore me.

Well spotted Fruit is my practise partner and knows all my serves and I know all of his and I know that his short game is stronger than mine - and will rarely serve super short as all it does is give me a very short return back - that doesnt suit me at all - I want a longer return like a long push that I can loop into.  I am a pretty short guy too and really don't enjoy leaning in over the table a lot.

Unfortunately - I don't have a huge amount of people to play and record.  I wonder if other people on mytt would even post 1 video of themselves, anyway that's off topic.

thanks for the feedback m7 - I hope to see a video of you soon so I can see what you mean.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 7:49pm
What did I say wrong? Sheesh. Did I say anything that wasn't just a suggestion? Now I remember why I come back to this forum for months at a time but leave for years at a time. If certain aspects of your play wasn't already very good I wouldn't have even made half the suggestions I did. Why do people always have to write out explicit praise as insurance whenever they provide opinions that were asked for?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:03pm
did I have a dig at you?

not sure what you are upset about
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:08pm
how often can you practice with your buddy? he has great loops on both wings with good touch all around.
nice for your game!
thanks for sharing.
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:20pm
I never implied there was anything bad or wrong about european play, it simply describes your play well. All I did was imply your third ball was good, so try using it directly on balls served to you, especially if they are mild in spin and long (single bounce). At your level, if you do not want to serve short or implement a push game I'm not going to suggest it twice.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:29pm
ah I see thanks for the clarification

Fatt - we play a few times a week.  He is fit I am um just lazy old b....

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

I never implied there was anything bad or wrong about european play, it simply describes your play well. All I did was imply your third ball was good, so try using it directly on balls served to you, especially if they are mild in spin and long (single bounce). At your level, if you do not want to serve short or implement a push game I'm not going to suggest it twice.

I didn't see anything wrong with your post.  I thought it was straightforward, nothing negative at all.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 8:49pm
thanks silver hair for you support - you always jump in to any topic I am on. not to add but just to give negativity - congratulations - you are my black hole - please find someone else to annoy.

I come to this forum to add and contribute - you just destroy people - I want moderators to do something about this situation - what drew you into this topic? 

This is like the 30th time you have come in and had a go at me. when the topic has nothing to do with you.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 9:55pm

It's great to have a consistent partner. Let me guess: he is playing slightly higher than your level but you can beat him on a good day.
I am guessing you win 20% of the matches if you both play serious.
Let me know I am curious about how I do at analyzing the video.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 10:18pm

thanks silver hair for you support - you always jump in to any topic I am on. not to add but just to give negativity - congratulations - you are my black hole - please find someone else to annoy.

I come to this forum to add and contribute - you just destroy people - I want moderators to do something about this situation - what drew you into this topic? 

This is like the 30th time you have come in and had a go at me. when the topic has nothing to do with you.

@Boz
Silverhair has already the reputation of an old cranky and dogmatic man while you are known as a lively member Cool who enjoys the game as much as socializing with your tt buddies. So you are in good shape. He's not and does not care.
I bet he is lonesome and nobody likes him at the club Pinch so he comes and try to find the love on the forum Cry.
Because it is obvious to me that the way he picks at you is his own effort to express his profound admiration Embarrassed at your social skills when everybody chills and look elsewhere wherever he shows up.
My conclusion? let him know how much you appreciate his efforts to trail your posting activity. Thank him sincerely for his constant acknowledgment of your existence Clap.
There is a French saying that goes: "Talk good about me; talk bad about me; but PLEASE TALK ABOUT ME". There you are: let him talk about you as much as he wants as it's only good for you.
Give him a hug. Answer something systematically nice to anything he targets at you; and above all, enjoy doing so Big%20smile.

@silverhair
You know your stuff and I generally like what you write when you do not bust boz's balls.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It's great to have a consistent partner. Let me guess: he is playing slightly higher than your level but you can beat him on a good day.
I am guessing you win 20% of the matches if you both play serious.
Let me know I am curious about how I do at analyzing the video.

um Fat - ask Fruit Loop - Nah actually he is just reaching my level recently.  He is getting closer to 50/50
As for the next post, thanks for the advice.Smile
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 11:14pm

What did I say except to be supportive of a positive post?  I wasn't being negative at all.  What's really wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic