Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Grip S review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
a1exander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1exander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 1:17am
Kalin, we are waiting a review. :) 
Sponsored Links

tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 7:46am
and what do you expect, alexander? 
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 8:58am

Long thread to say few things about grip-s.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 9:34am
I guess I will have to add something. For those of you who are looking for tacky rubber, after 6 hours of intense game, black grip-s is still tacky ( tackiness of all my NEO rubbers dropped after one training), so it is now more tacky than H3neo and tg3neo. The speed seems to me 20-30% slower than T25 2.1mm.
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 10:17am
the weight of the package was 86grams (that is lighter than BW2 FT 37)
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000189.JPG

the back of the package:
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000192.JPG

The sheet is covered from both sides:

original picture sizes:
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000193.JPG
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000194.JPG

the bottom of the topsheet:

http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000198.JPG

and finally my blade, the bottom is curling up, like i said in my first post.

full size here:
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000200.JPG
a1exander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1exander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 10:22am
tomas.gt, Which of two rubbers Tenergy or NEO Grip-S is closest? I like H3 NEO but I have some problem with passive loops. I looking for new tacky rubber what will be better in passive loops and block and remained excellent in the active loop.
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:32am
before my first hit with grip-s, i thought that the ball will be slipping down while looping slowly (with touch). But the topsheet is very grippy (I mean, it holds the ball very well, but to be precise, i should probably say tacky) and no slipping happened. If I understand correctly your question about passive looping, then grip-s is the best, but not for passive blocks. I go forward while blocking, it is better. 
a1exander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1exander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:51am
Thanks tomas.gt
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 1:37pm
thank you tomas.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 4:35pm
When I opened the package, my first impression was: it looks similar to BW 2. First time I played with it, was last friday. I glued the sheet a day before. My first impression of it was, that it was nothing special. Topspin at the table and topspins in second position were quite harmless. Also flat hitting was a disaster. The only thing that I thougt was good, was the service return.
A few days later I decided to give it a go again. Suddenly everything was different. It seemed that The Grip-S came to life. Services were very dangerous and came with lots of spin. Spins in second position were very easy to play and were very fast. This rubber is very "forgiving" when returning services. Placing the ball when serving and also returning is very easy. Flat hitting was also pretty easy this time. Spinning in first position was as difficult as the first time I played with it. In my opinion it seems that this rubber has softened. BW 2 does not have the same characteristics as the Grip-S. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 6:32pm
You, Kalin, confirm my thoughts, that grip-s would be very good on carbon blades. I agree that grip-s needs some time to soften, then it becomes faster.
a1exander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1exander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 1:13am
Kalin, compare Grip-S with NeoH3 National, please. 
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 2:42am
The Grip-S is better for playing off the table (Spinning) and the H3 Neo National is better for flat hitting, flipping and spinning at the table.
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 6:55am
What's the sponge hardness like in comparison to the Tenergy series?
Which one is closest?
Nhung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nhung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Facepalm Facepalm wrote:

What's the sponge hardness like in comparison to the Tenergy series?
Which one is closest?

sounds great
FH: Tenergy 64
BH: Tenergy 05

FH: Hexer+
BH: Hexer

BH: Joola Xpress 2
FH: Bryce Speed FX
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:25am
Still do not see any actual review here...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2010 at 5:53am
Some of you are still looking for a review.
Grip-s became my favourite rubber for my FH. I choose tenergy 25 2.1mm for my BH, so I can directly compare grip-s to tenergy. Tenergy 05 is very similar to T25, it differs at ball trajectory and short game (speed is close).
Please note, that my BT777 with 83grams feels very soft, so it affects my feeling of used rubbers.

Overall hardness: grip-s is softer than T25. I think there is different (inverted) ratio of hardness between sponge and topsheet. (T25:medium-hard, grip-s:medium+ - medium)

Topsheet of GRIP-s is tacky. Not extremely, but enough to hold plastic protective sheet strongly. This adds control but reduces speed on slow shots.

SHort game: average. Low speed helps a lot, but relative softness does not. It needs quite a bit touch to put underspin and keep it low.
Services are good. Not the best, but ones of the best.

Counter hitting without spin is quite good. The sponge is factory tuned so it is better to play faster to penetrate the ball into the sponge, then the grip-s plays better and consistantly (more precisely). This hitting is only good at the table, I feel it is too slow for this at about 1meter behind the desk.
Chops behind the table are average.

Topspin shots. For opening the game from underspin I found it better in controlable loops. It is better to open the game with placed loop based rather on spin than speed. Because of relative softness of the rubber it does not play so much aggressive as DHS NEO rubbers. I dont say that it cannot perform so called loop kill when the pushed ball jumps little bit higher, but generaly Grip-s is not capable of doing as aggressive shots as DHS NEO. SInce the game is opened, GRIP-s becomes very good for continuous looping game. Control is enormous. Its high throw helps a lot and even from mid distance it is very nice. I think it is the best for such controling looping game from mid distance to close to the table. Also quite forgiving at this department.

COunterlooping from mid distance is pleasant. At the table, for me, is better then H3neo. Still this is very difficult shot.

Speed of GRIp-s is not the best, it is notably slower than T25 but I think this lower speed is rather positive feature of grip-s. It does not restrain me from playing any stroke from my FH side, but it could be slow to use it on BH side. Mid distance looping with T05 would be better, easier, little bit faster and at about the same trajectory. But control at the table is better with grip-s. I would also guess than average spin should be higher with T05, but differences are small so I dont really care.
What else? durabitily - so far, about 3 weeks, no changes.
Oh one more think - the maximum speed of grip-s is very good. I think the same as tenergy.
vali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2010 at 7:44am
From the review seems very similar with Tuttle Beijing 2 except the last part (with maximum speed - same as Tenergy)
Clipper
FH: XIOM Vega Asia , max
BH: Yasaka RAKZA7, 2.0
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2010 at 9:14am
Not to derail - but is tuttle beijing 2 the "BW2 (or grip-s)" for the rest of us?

i.e. a higher control version that offers some of the benefit but more forgiving?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2010 at 9:59am
for those who are interested in origins of grip-s rubber: grip-s is almost the same as haifu shark 2. Grip-s is harder than 34deg shark2. Also, grip-s seems to me more tacky, but I compare black grip to red shark.
More shark2 "clones" are about to come.
Grip.-s does not come out of blue whale, but shark. It is oriented on european market.
vali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2010 at 10:12am
Or maybe a softer ~35 degrees Blue Whale2
Clipper
FH: XIOM Vega Asia , max
BH: Yasaka RAKZA7, 2.0
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 11:49pm
I was wondering if there is any more review to report?

Also, Tibhar says Grip-S comes with a layer of glue already applied.  So would you use glue on the wood or not at all?  And if you did use glue, would it be rubber cement or a water-based glue?

Thanks.
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2010 at 12:39am
I just open the Grip-S package today and the first impression on the rubber is heavy, and it look similar to Haifu Whale 2 National from MYTT.  The rubber is not tacky, it couldn't hold the ball on it like Hurricane familly but more grippy.  I did some hit with robot and felt it abit slow on Clipper.  I will do actual test tomorrow and will write some review about it.
The rubber already pre-glue and only need to apply glue on the blade.  I used rubber cement and have no problem to stick it on blade.
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 10:37pm
After I play Grip-S for few days on my FH and I could say it performming is similarity to Haifu Whale 2 National 39-40 degree.

The rubber is not tacky but very grippy, it medium fast and the ball arc is low as H2.  Serving is good, slow loop and loop kill are same as Whale 2 with a lots of spin and ok speed with good control.  Smash need to adjust due to it low arc. 

The down side is rubber is heavy for my liking. 
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2010 at 12:48am
Did you use rubber cement or water-based glue?  And did you need to put any glue on the rubber, or only on the paddle?
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2010 at 9:48am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Did you use rubber cement or water-based glue?  And did you need to put any glue on the rubber, or only on the paddle?

I used rubber cement on the blade only.  You don't need to apply any glue on the rubber.
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

After I play Grip-S for few days on my FH and I could say it performming is similarity to Haifu Whale 2 National 39-40 degree.

The rubber is not tacky but very grippy, it medium fast and the ball arc is low as H2.  Serving is good, slow loop and loop kill are same as Whale 2 with a lots of spin and ok speed with good control.  Smash need to adjust due to it low arc. 

The down side is rubber is heavy for my liking. 

Sorry, I cant confirm that. I did play with BW2 (old and new- perm. tension) and H2Neo. GRIP works very differently from BW2.
With H2N I suffer from FH, bad opening loops and other looping. I can play with low throw rubber for fun and practice, but under presure (real matches), I am beaten by the low throw. With grip I feel very confident in real matches because of its high arc, which is saving me when looping late or from bad position.
Control of grip is outstanding, in comparison to BW2. Tackiness is variable here, so I wont disagree on that.
I use blue thunder 777, which is giving about medium throw, but the throw is much higher than H3N and H3N has higher throw than H2N on this blade, for sure.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2010 at 4:07pm
Is Grip S as fast and powerful as the Samsonov Video? Vladi is not normally known for power; so it's either much faster than Nimbus VIP or Nianmor, or it was boosted to the extreme.

Also, any more information on the packaging and country of origin?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2010 at 6:35am
the package says nothing about country of origin.
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000189.JPG
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000192.JPG
http://storage.suchdol.net/akh/fotky/pinec/grips/P1000198.JPG

RickT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2010 at 2:10am
anybody has durability issue with this rubber?

i got this rubber a week ago, and i played it for seven days straight 3-4 hours a day, and it already look so worn out. i think i only can get 10 more hours from this rubber. 

30 hours playing time for 54 dollars rubber is not worth it in my opinion. or i just got a bad batch? btw i clean it everytime i played and used rubber protector
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic