Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSPblades Forum Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 54>
Author
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2012 at 7:10am
Mdf works well for this. But a flat tablesurface and a book with a hard cover works for this also. The flatness of the table should be enough then.
But I just have some experience with making blades and a few towels in between is a trick to have a shorter drying time with clamps. 
I never tested this method for warping (I don,t send blades to tropical countries :-)).

It should work in theory based on some plasticity wood has but it could take much longer or need more pressure then a pile of books to have a significant result.
But too much pression it can,t breath through the towel.

Sponsored Links

r0b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2012 at 1:08pm
Are there still some test blades going around or is this ended?

I like to test the V+ and/or Martin if possible. (and offcourse write a detailed review)
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2012 at 9:22pm
Bluebucket, how do you keep your blades ? I use humidity absorbent (in crystal form, and when the water reaches the max level, I change it with a new one) in my cupboard. Humidity is around 60% in my place.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

r0b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2012 at 12:23pm
I've read fzolesz' review of the Martin, but I'm wondering if there are some other people that have played with this blade and can share there experiences. Thanks!
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2012 at 12:41pm
 As blades age the cell structure changes. the cell walls become thinner and becomes lighter. Blade then has more feel and vibration slightly increases. Dryer air is best for wood preservation over time so 35%-40% is best. I have an old 30 year old Stiga Johansson Allround Wood that feels very light now. Perhaps I'm dilusional but I think there is some scientific data to back my conclusion. OSP blades are such fine blades it's almost like playing with one of Ross's creations.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

elfanta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elfanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2012 at 10:11am
Just being curios and I'm also a little bit anxious about my blade, I ordered an Expert blade and it was sent on Oct 5th, this is the history in the tracking system:

2012-10-05 15:28 ---- Item accepted
2012-10-08 18:47 ---- Item sent abroad

as you can see the last time that was updated was on Oct 8th, and I haven't seen any updates since that day, is this normal ?
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2012 at 10:20am
it means its in transit when it arrives in your country is scanned you will get update no need to worry.

Edited by patrick1v - 10/16/2012 at 10:21am
elfanta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elfanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by patrick1v patrick1v wrote:

it means its in transit when it arrives in your country is scanned you will get update no need to worry.

so, it hasn't been updated because it is not in my country yet, ok, that makes me feel better, I thought it was going to be updated more often, but if that's how it works the everything should be fine.

Thank you patrick1v
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2012 at 10:29am
Very nice blades, I think imma order one before the promotion ends XD

Edited by runeazn - 10/28/2012 at 10:30am
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2012 at 9:18am
Hello OSP,

I've just bought your OSP Expert, and I'm happy with it.
How ever, did you seal it (vernis) ?
Because I found that the thin limber outer plie are splinted ?
I use Donic VOC free glue. Just after 2 times of glue, I saw the thin layer limba is taken out...

Help me plz, OSP. 
How can I re-vernis it now? What's is your opinion.
r0b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 9:00am
Two weeks ago I received my Virtuoso+ with Elcon handle. M Headsize by the way.
 Using Nittaku FineZip I put Bluefire M2 on FH and Bluefire M3 on BH (both 2.0mm). Played 3 training sessions of 2.5 hour each. 

My playing style: two-wing agressive looper close at the table and in mid distance (which I atually prefer as it's more fun Smile)
My opinion is based on the combination of blade and rubbers.

Speed
Close at the table the speed is sufficient. However, at mid distance the blade lacks power. Despite the pretty fast rubbers, the blade does not give my enough power.
I noticed the V+ has several gears. When blocking it seems a lot of power of the incoming (smash)spin was absorbed and I was able to block short behind the net with much less speed.
When I wanted to produce speed myself, a lot of arm-speed was necessary.
I believe the V+ is an OFF blade, however in the lower range of OFF.

Spin
The V+ is great for topspin. The blade surely helps generating more spin. Very comfortable close at the table and it was more difficult for my opponents to block my topspins. But as I wrote above, it lacks of speed in mid distance.

Control
This blade will give you enormous control. I was able to make effective strokes even when I was in a difficult position. The M2 on my FH did not felt comfortable. Not sure if it's the combination of the flex of the V+ and the high catapult of the M2, but I found it difficult to control the M2. Regular topspin was okay, but I missed a lot of smahes and killer-spins.

Summary
The V+ is very good blade for the offensive allrounder or controller attacker with topspin as their main weapon. It will give you lots of control. 
Choosing the right rubber for the V+ and your playing style is important and may take some time.

Although the V+ is a high quality blade with lots of control, I don't think I will continue playing this blade. I have a competition match in a few days and will use the V+ as a final test.
The lack of speed/power is an issue for me and perhaps the Martin will suit me better. The Martin is not a light-weight blade and combined with Bluefire sheets, the combination gets pretty heavy.

Edit:
I'm replacing the M2 with Rakza 7 Soft for the competition match of tomorrow.
Ordered the Martin and hope to receive it by the end of next week.

Edited by r0b - 11/01/2012 at 5:51am
Joola Rosskopf Emotion & OSP V+
FH: Bluefire M2 2.0
BH: Bluefire M3 2.0
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 4:28pm
Osp Musko
This  blade  is  garbage,  speed  all+ very small sweet  spot
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by hut8 hut8 wrote:

Osp Musko
   This  blade  is  garbage,  speed  all+ very small sweet  spot

You've written the same post thrice in three different threads.
What point are you trying to prove, apart from the fact that you don't like the blade?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2012 at 11:48am
Hai guy's ,
i am back after one year of adhd-trouble in my head, i am now playing with my first virtuoso again. 
I now can really appreciate the craftmanship. I wonder how i ever wanted to change it.Wink 
I even bought a second used one as a spare. 
now i have a M and a L-version, flared.
 thank you Osp for your wonderful blades.
A Fan For Life.Tongue
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2012 at 12:09pm
@mepper59
what is "adhd-trouble"? lay off of 1 year? could the reason be that you're 59? Big smile
akapur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2012 at 4:49pm
Hi,

I want to try an OSP blade but don't know which one I should try.

I tried a very old Stiga Stellan Bengtsson.  It was decent but too stiff for me with not enough feeling.  That having been said I was very impressed with the quality of the wood and and finish on the blade relative to the Stiga blades currently available.

I tried a TB ALC.  I liked it.  Looping was very easy but somehow I just don't play all that well with it.  Not sure if what I didn't like was the carbon or the Koto outer ply.

I like a Stiga Clipper Classic.  Good feeling.  Good control.  I also like a Stiga Clipper CR WRB but wish I could get it without a WRB hollow handle so I could get the feeling of the Clipper Classic.

I liked the DHS Hurricane King but I tried it only for 10 minutes.  Loops were great.  Passive blocks were decent.  Didn't get to active block or smash with it.  I did not like the Stiga Allround Classic Carbon.  The control was good but on active blocks it felt like the blade was made of cardboard.

I've been playing about a year but played at a high level in a different racket sport before and the skills do transfer to a degree.  I'm currently a 1900 level player but beat many 2000-2100 level players at the club consistently.  It's possible my rating would be higher if I played more tournaments. I've been improving very quickly but not playing tournaments.  I can play a fairly offensive topspin game as well as a blocking and flat counter hitting game depending on my opponent.  My serve is important.  My backhand loop is decent quality and consistent off underspin but but inconsistent off block or topspin.  In a rally I mostly flat hit on my backhand if I'm close to the table.   My best shot is my forehand loop.  I can loop slow and fast with the spin variable between almost no spin or sidespin only to heavy topspin.  My opening loop is slmost never deep on the table.  I prefer to keep it shorter to avoid mistakes and go for wide angles as opposed to long and to the opponents middle on opening loops.  I play close to the table and mid-distance.  I almost never go back too far unless I'm forced to lob.  I also almost never chop.

The obvious choice is probably the Ultimate given that I like the Clipper but I want to change my game a bit.  I'd like to spin more and flat hit less.  The Clipper makes flat hitting too easy and maybe too rewarding.  A more flexible blade like the Virtuoso or Virtuoso+ might help with that.  Also my short game is not good.  I have enough control to be able to play a long spinny push and place it so the opponent can't make strong attack and my having a good block means that I can neutralize the opponents advantage of first attack (assuming I don't loop first) and a lot of the time the opponent won't attack the long push because he's worried the attack won't be high enough quality to beat my block and I get to attack first anyway, but that doesn't help with a strong looper with good footwork.  Maybe a slower blade like the Virtuoso will help with the short game and service.

I like the anatomic handles and the wider flared handles on Stiga blades but haven't tried many different handle shapes.  I'm tall and have big hands and am open to trying different handle shapes.  Any suggestions on which OSP blade I should try first?  If someone would allow me to test one that would be much appreciated.  I'd be happy to pay a testing fee and two way shipping.

BTW, I use T05 both sides.  I'm thinking of switching to Callibra Sound on the backhand.  Not sure if that matters.  It's also been suggested by a coach that I may want to consider H3 on my forehand.

akapur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2012 at 11:29am
Are any OSP blades going around for testing?  I'd be happy to pay a fee and two way shipping to try one out.
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

@mepper59
what is "adhd-trouble"? lay off of 1 year? could the reason be that you're 59? Big smile
Hai, thanks for asking.
Last year was like hell.
ADHD-trouble means that i have a brain disorder, which was only diagnosed 6 weeks ago.
But now i know why i have been so chaotic in my choices for practically all my life.
I am treated with a diet/food supplements and a drug Naltrexone Low Dose which restores my endorfine system and cel receptants. I am so relieved, you can't imagine...tears....Cry of joy
By the way ,i am 53Wink(i'm from" 59..)
For the first time in my life i feel that i am in control, instead of flippin and going everywhere with my attention and mind/thougts.
And it also makes me capable of being more relaxed wich of course is marvellous for pingpong..Smile
So now i have two virtuoso's, i just bought a second one yesterday from someone who didn'nt play with it anymore. An M and L version flared . The M weighs 91 grams and the L 95, The M is my original  wich got 3 grams heavier in 1 year, the L got 6 grams in 2 year. maybe the moist from the glue.
I have the ease now to fully appreciate the craftmanship and stay with the virtuoso ,it really fits my game.
Love the feel and hidden power wich unleashes wonderfully.

Greeets, 
mepper.
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 10:31am
Originally posted by akapur akapur wrote:

Are any OSP blades going around for testing?  I'd be happy to pay a fee and two way shipping to try one out.
Some good & proven blades like OSPs, imho, don't usually go around for testing as far as I know but then I could be wrong. I did however few years ago pass around 1 of my most beloved Btfly blades - TBS An. TWICE to US for 2 members for testing/playing & as template for his/my custom make, it came back w/o any problem but w/added "bonus" - a dent @ the tip of its handle, I am ok with that as that last member is my most trusted US buddy. Big smile

Edited by tiehwen - 11/22/2012 at 10:37am
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 4:40pm
I didn't tried ultimate but it's seems to be a choise for anybody else but you...I think you will like more virtuoso+ or a custom blade based on it...also H3 neo works verry well on V+...I am tempted to order a blade on osp just like V+ just that the core should be kiri instead of samba...Good luck!
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by akapur akapur wrote:

Hi,

I want to try an OSP blade but don't know which one I should try.

I liked the DHS Hurricane King but I tried it only for 10 minutes.  Loops were great.  Passive blocks were decent.  Didn't get to active block or smash with it.  
I did not like the Stiga Allround Classic Carbon.  The control was good but on active blocks it felt like the blade was made of cardboard.

This sounds like you like all-wood blades

I've been playing about a year but played at a high level in a different racket sport before and the skills do transfer to a degree.  I'm currently a 1900 level player but beat many 2000-2100 level players at the club consistently.  It's possible my rating would be higher if I played more tournaments. I've been improving very quickly but not playing tournaments.  .....  

Good. But a player can reach this level without great thought if his athletiscm and strokeplay are good. From here on you gotta use your thinking and experience cap. Which means playing lots of tournaments.

I also almost never chop.

OK, but you have to learn it to gain your passport to good-player status, even if you don't use it in matches very often. It is a difficult stroke with T05 and the process of learning will teach you a lot about control.

BTW, I use T05 both sides.  I'm thinking of switching to Callibra Sound on the backhand.  Not sure if that matters.  It's also been suggested by a coach that I may want to consider H3 on my forehand.

I'm not certain that I agree. Coming from other racket sports it may suit you to keep same rubber both sides for the next couple of years.

At the stage you have reached, you need to stick to one setup and focus on your game for at least 2 years. I would recommend staying with T05 both sides, an all wood blade like HK or OSP equivalent. And don't change anything after that, just play.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 11:40am
I have played with the Martin (SQST) during my last 2 sessions. For players who are more into stiffish, solid blades, Martin is the way to go. Power levels similiar to (maybe more than) Maze, TBS, ALC or Clipper. It really is a Pro caliber blade. Very nice feel for such a powerfull blade. I ordered a bit bigger SQST, 92 gr, neutral orientation. Very good weight balance. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 12:50pm
I made a little video to compare my Virtuoso + to some other blades of mine (Acoustic, Tenor, and TBS). Notice the pitch of the bounce on each

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2012 at 9:39am
Thank you OSP.

I receive your vernis sealer.
I highly recommend the service of OSP.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2012 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

Icontek

Of the three OSP blades I've tested, my favourite is the Expert.

It is easier to control than the Virtuoso and it has a great feel to it.

The Black Limba outer plies of the Expert, are stiffer than the White Limba outer plies of the Virtuoso; which gives the blade a crisper feel.

It's 5.45mm thick and has a 160 x 151mm blade face; which means the Expert has the benefit of high torque; which gives it a catapult effect when you loop or drive the ball harder; in the same way as blades like the Hurricane King and Offensive Classic.

Some players don't like the catapult effect of flexible blades like the Expert, particularly with heavy rubbers and their complaints are usually related to blocking and smashing.

Whilst i can understand that being a problem for players whose game benefits from using a stiffer blade; I personally don't have any problems with blocking, smashing or any other shot with the Expert. Mind you i learnt to play Table tennis with a 1976 Offensive Wood years ago and therefore have the kind of game, that works well with this type of blade.

The Expert is slower than the Virtuoso overall and closer in speed to the Yasaka Extra. Having said that,  the catapult effect that I've mentioned before, means that when you hit harder or loop faster; with medium hard tensors like Platin, 47.5% Macro Era; the Expert's top end speed can feel like it's as fast as the Virtuoso, fitted with Tenergy 05 and 64; which makes it a versatile blade.

I've played with 2mm Platin, 2mm 47.5% Macro Era and 2mm Blitz; on both the Virtuoso and Expert. Blitz works equally well for me on both blades; whereas I find Platin and Macro Era, a better match for the Expert.

I like the way H3 Neo plays on the Virtuoso; but haven't played with H3 Neo on the Expert. Even so, I can imagine H3 Neo working well on the blade.

To sum up; I think the Virtuoso is a very good blade; whereas I think the Expert is even better.

I really like your comments. I got exactly the same ideas with yours.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2012 at 3:53pm
After a long development we branched out our defensive blade:

we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 12:12am
@PLLsystem
Please read your PM.
Thanks
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 1:14am
Originally posted by PLLsystem PLLsystem wrote:

After a long development we branched out our defensive blade:

...and it's called Immune Active DEF.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2012 at 2:42pm
Dear OSP,

I've bought your OSP Expert, and use your varnish.

I wonder, Expert is a thin, flexible and hard outer ply, or a hard core, and soft limba?

Because I think that, we can apply a thicker varnish to get the blade faster? And this idea is good for a thin, flexible and hard outer ply, but is not good for hard core, soft limba outer, because soft limba outer gives spin.

Best regards,

PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 3:51am
Hi, we make Expert of semi hard core and outer ply.
Varnishing will not affect as much as you think.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 54>
  Share Topic