Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Your Coach(es) Best Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2010 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

"You have more time than you think you do"  Eric Owens.

This I like very much. Everyone has the information in their sight, most just don't see it because they are ball watching.

Edited by APW46 - 06/26/2010 at 5:30am
The Older I get, The better I was.
Sponsored Links

lenwink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenwink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2010 at 1:43pm
As I posted earlier in this thread in my Lenisms, I have always said:
18. You have MORE time than you think; but, you may still not have enough time!

Aloha,
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2010 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

"You have more time than you think you do"  Eric Owens.

This I like very much. Everyone has the information in their sight, most just don't see it because they are ball watching.

I like this advice as well, but maybe of a different reason.  I think it's so true, bc most of the error on return is due to being too hurry.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2010 at 2:32pm
1) You must stay on your toes and move.

2) Hit from the hips.

3) Make spin.

4) The body is relaxed until the moment of contact.  Hold your breadth just before striking.

5) Use your fingers at the moment of contact.

6) The stroke is short, forward, and accelerate through the ball.

burakhayran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burakhayran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2010 at 5:15pm
keep your eyes on the ball...Wink

Edited by burakhayran - 06/28/2010 at 7:12am
TBALC+2XT052.1MM
takethat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takethat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2010 at 6:21pm
 Try to get your  racket on the ball, every time, never let it just pass, without an effort  Always play to a location on the table, makes you think and react faster  with more accuracy.Works for me up to today.
sharkcard
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2010 at 10:49pm
lol one of the coaches in our area keeps telling every one of his students "Put your racket in front of the ball!" Believe it or not, that's actually not so easy to do!
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2010 at 11:27pm
"don't reach you lazy POS!, move your fat ass instead!"
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2010 at 12:19am
Originally posted by lenwink lenwink wrote:

As I posted earlier in this thread in my Lenisms, I have always said:
18. You have MORE time than you think; but, you may still not have enough time!

Aloha,

Haha! Do we have the same coach? :p Mine is a chinese coach when i was a kid.
Maybe he sees alot chinese kongfu movie/show, he emphasized master the basic,
and forget them in the competition. ----> not style win have style (in chinese) LOL
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2010 at 4:58pm
Having shared the tips I got from APW, I thought I could share my own best tip as well, which is:

-Play with in your level!

To many amateurs look at the pro's and tries to copy their game, with out their amount of practice. The result is that they give away a lot of cheap points by missing their own shots. Sure, it is spectacular when the shot goes on, but a ball pushed in the net is as valuable as a ball blasted past your opponent.
The holy grail
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2010 at 6:28pm
don't have my coach here any more.... but he would say-
- run 10 miles every day and shed those pounds.

but i really found the "most important skill in table tennis" by pingskills... really one of the things that changed by game and confidence. it was 
- "learn to hit the ball perpendicular to the blade" (not that you have to do it all the time)
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Marky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2010 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Having shared the tips I got from APW, I thought I could share my own best tip as well, which is:

-Play with in your level!

To many amateurs look at the pro's and tries to copy their game, with out their amount of practice. The result is that they give away a lot of cheap points by missing their own shots. Sure, it is spectacular when the shot goes on, but a ball pushed in the net is as valuable as a ball blasted past your opponent.

Can't agree more!!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
Topspinify View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topspinify Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2010 at 3:00pm
Try to put 100% effort in every shot. Service return or defensive shots should not be made to keep the ball in play, but for winning the point. Always put max power, speed on your shots. Think with your feets. Wait for the ball. Do not make a cut (return) on the top of the bouce, make it much earlier. Only practise if you feel very very good both psy and ment.
forthefun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forthefun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2010 at 3:57pm
He would often say that your opponents are your best coaches as they always bring out your weakest points.
Photino
FH--Tenergy-05 FX
BH--Tenergy-05 FX

Back up

Photino
FH--Tenergy-05 FX
BH--Tenergy-05 FX

glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2010 at 9:07pm
"Spin, and keep the ball in play. Everyone is scared of a forehand attack, even spin based. If you keep your ball in, they wouldn't be able to block the 3rd one even if you only use medium power. KEEP THE BALL IN!!!"
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
Bennybenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennybenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2010 at 6:58pm
"Attack! But play with control. Move your feet! Don't be passive. Note your timing. Slow down!"

Edited by Bennybenny - 09/02/2010 at 7:01pm
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood FL
Friendship 729 Higher Transcend 2.2 Black
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2010 at 7:20pm
If my coach was a punk, he'd say something like
-Get out there and RAPE THOSE BIT**ES
-USE THOSE HIPS OH YEAHHHH
-FASTER FASTER
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 2:12am
Best advice?

"Don't have sex the night before tournament!!!!"   Thumbs Up
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 6:42pm
LOLOLOLOL.....;)
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 7:39pm
did your coach just laugh at you before the start of the match?

"HAHAHAHA, you're fu**ed
Shadows View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2010 at 2:32pm
1. Get fit (situps,pushups,squats - be able to do a very competent amount), table tennis IS a sport :)
2. Relax - connect with your inner zen!
3. do NOT think with your arm - well at least that's the most problematic for those who do not receive proper coaching
4. Never give up, never sandbag, and ALWAYS have fun... that's why we play this :) - Lol, I don't even follow this one that well, gg.
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2010 at 3:22pm
1.  Watch the ball!
2.  Move and then hit.

The funniest thing he ever told me (I don't remember the exact words):
I was asking how he gets so much spin on his serves and how I could do that.  He said it's timing and all in the wrist, you need to jerk off more. 
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2010 at 10:45pm

"If you tend to get mad at yourself, make sure to have exactly one and a half beers before a tournament.  Whisky doesn't work".  Viktor Subonj  (I have never actually tried this one).

My wife says my next interview I go on I should take a couple shots of vodka before I go in. I don't see why whisky wouldn't work though...I don't drink beer though, too inefficient.
karabijntje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 8:22pm
"Slow shots, fast legs" Wink
* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 3:42am
Originally posted by karabijntje karabijntje wrote:

"Slow shots, fast legs" Wink
 Nice.Wink
The Older I get, The better I was.
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 5:44am
"In Korea we never miss easy ball" - said by Mr Park (visiting South Korean national coach of some years ago) to a local player when the player fluffed a simple put-away.  
pinger123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 7:23am
Table Tennis isn't a sport. It's an education.
Dafydd393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 10:45am

Golden rule of any sport - enjoy yourself and keep your sportsmanship

Blade - Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL
Fh - Boost TC 2.0mm
Bh - Boost TC 2.0mm
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 11:13am
Timo Boll Spirit in hibernation!
Andrzej Grubba until i reach 1800
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora
Back up rubbers Bryce and focus 3 snipe

garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2010 at 4:08am
1. Using pushing play style, you can beat lot of good players.
2. Me: Coach, can you teach me service returns, I'm very bad with this? C: It's easy, just topspin everything.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic