Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Pictures of your 1-Ply Hinoki JPENs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 11:57am
awesome collection albert! 2nd one from the top has the tightest grains. which one is your signature blade? Wink

The second one is a brand new second generation iron logo small size cypress special, it will never be played with cos I paid a ton of money for it, it does have the best grain pattern i have ever seen. My signature blade is the oldest one.

Edited by akwong88 - 01/27/2011 at 12:01pm
Bty Special Grade Small Size
FH Spinart Max BH Curl P3 Ox
Bty KTS Red Label
FH Tenergy 05 Max BH Joola Octopus 0.6mm
Sponsored Links

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 5:51am
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 5:52am
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 6:26am
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 6:29am
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 10:36am
Originally posted by bagung bagung wrote:

Please write some reviews on this when possible.  thanks!
pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 10:49am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

+1
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 10:00pm
Nice! ...
Speedstick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by TT_haru TT_haru wrote:

Nice! ...

Where's yours? Wink
JOOLA Stellwag; Xiom Sigma Euro/Stiga Almana Sound ST

BUTTERFLY Red Kim Taek Soo; XIOM Omega IV

Lord, Grant what You command, and command what You will. -ST.AUGUSTINE
hulkpens View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkpens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2011 at 12:26am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

http://www.badeola.com/AmericanHinoki/bladeReviews.html

American Hinoki Reviews
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2011 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Speedstick Speedstick wrote:

Nice! ...

Where's yours? Wink

Somewhere out there .... Smile

I go for a rounded-square shape instead since my style is pretty much close to table.

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 8:47am
Here are my two most loved weapons:

Yasaka Musashi, with RPB rubber. 
I decided to convert from shakehand to penhold a few months ago when I finally found about RPB, so I developed my RPB using a usual shakehand T-11 blade, but found out that fingers get too sweaty too fast when they are on a flat rubber, so I decided to move to Jpens and fell in love with them quickly. Smile The grip, the feel and the look are just out of this World Smile

Here is the BH side of my Musashi:

I was trying some other blades too, but I had one problem which I couldn't solve for several weeks - I could not control the racket properly no matter which rubber I put on it. I was desperate until I finally decided to make a search for Jpen RPB on MyTT Embarrassed and quckly found the solution - I had to put something into the handle for proper balance! So, here we go - a screw and a door key head (two on the photo, but I removed one as it was  enough) Tongue

So, now I'm enjoying Jpen and RPBing with it in full flavour Big smile

My training partner told me that my play is now too RPB-centric, so I decided to use another blade to make myself more forehandish and it really helped. Here it is:

It's BTY Cypress-S, very good and I enjoy it a lot together with the Thor's rubber.

The previous owner of the Cypress was playing RPB too and so he's removed most of the cork from the back, so I had to find some cork covering to restore ergonomics:

Before I've found the "magic key", my EJism was extremely wild. Now, it's moved more to the rubbers, but I've found that it's much easier to live with, especially when I have finally found that it's all about the balance Smile
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 9:07am
I did not know that adding weight to the handle will make rpb easier. How did you come to this solution ? Anyhow, thanks for this info.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 10:07am
first time i saw such modification.. Thumbs Up

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 10:18am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

I did not know that adding weight to the handle will make rpb easier. How did you come to this solution ? Anyhow, thanks for this info.

Well, as I said, I just made search form "Jpen RPB" on MyTT and saw some pictures that gave me some clues Smile  But balancing the paddle is not about RPBing, it's about making the blade easier to handle (i.e. how easy your wrist can rotate the racket and change directions). Basically, moving balance to the head adds pluses to the racket's OFF value, it's easy to attack with this beast, but it's not good for short game because your wrist should spend more energy to stop racket's swing, so most balls will go over the table or into the net unless you have very good touch.

As about Jpen, the blades are build so that they're balanced properly when there is only one rubber sheet on the racket. Adding another sheet will break the original balance and you will have to restore it. My Cypress-S was modified so the BH rubber was cut in a larger piece than the FH (it was extended almost to the handle), that made the paddle very heavy, but the balance was somehow made almost the same as with one rubber, but I didn't like the feel on my back fingers, so I made it "normal Jpen". One day, I think I'll spend some bucks on the normal cork sheet for the Cypress-S because it's a really good one. Hope, it wakes some thoughts Smile
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 2:59pm
My favorite Jpen

takkugoku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takkugoku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 3:23pm
Nice. Any pics showing grains in detail?  Looks very similar to my Cypress S. Thickness and weight? 
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2011 at 7:33pm
Good thinking, Stefashka Thumbs Up
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2011 at 5:45am
Here are the grains of my Cypress:

akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2011 at 11:13am
Here is the best of all my Cypress Special with deep and tight grain pattern.
Bty KTS Red Label
pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2011 at 11:15am
Wow!!!...the grains are really tight.. 
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2011 at 11:17am
I commend you all on being able to play this style of table tennis...it is so difficult.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2011 at 12:34am
Originally posted by akwong88 akwong88 wrote:

Here is the best of all my Cypress Special with deep and tight grain pattern.
really nice tight grains! how many C-Spl you have? Wink

akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2011 at 1:03am

I have 4 Cypress Custom Special without printing and 4 with printing.

Bty KTS Red Label
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2011 at 6:31am
My rounded-squre AK ...

Kevin made a very good and balance blade. It doesn't vibrate as much as hinoki (too much IMO) but definitely much faster than it and much more controllable than ZLC haru ...

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2011 at 6:34am

My rounded-squre AK ...

Kevin made a very good and balance blade. It doesn't vibrate as much as hinoki (too much IMO) but definitely much faster than it and much more controllable than ZLC haru ...

what is the weight and thickness...?
thanks...
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2011 at 6:35am
93g@7mm ...
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 5:08am
After two sessions, like the blade more and more. It was very well-made and gives a very comfortable balance feeling. The rounded base cork handle makes turning the blade very easy and comfortable when blocking. The blade hardness is somewhere between medium and hard. It doesn't vibrate as much as hinoki but with the slight vibration, it still gives a good feel. It is hell lot faster than hinoki and very much controllable as compare to Butterfly ZLC. I like the sound of the ball hitting onto the blade. I put on T05FX so that I can compare with my Haru. It is like a controllable version of Haru. Fast but controllable. Short game over the table is good. Chop, push, flip, swing, etc. The blade also blocks well. It feels "dense" where I can drive, smash and loop with ease. Pull away a bit till mid-distance I can impart some "crazy" side-spin to my loop (could be due to T05FX as well).

In summary, I can't find anything unhappy about this blade and very tempted to order another one just for safe keeping. Anyway, thanks Kevin, you made an excellent blade! Smile
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 7:40pm

93g@7mm ...

Do you know what is the lightest blade that can be made ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

93g@7mm ...

Do you know what is the lightest blade that can be made ?

Even though AK is very dense, there is still a minimum thickness. Kevin recommends not less than 6.5mm. Anything less I believe it vibrates too much and lack strength/power. At 93g with the cork handle feels okay to me but at 6.5, u may get it below 90g.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic