Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of your 1-Ply Hinoki JPENs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Speedstick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 2:27am
Originally posted by akwong88 akwong88 wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, the store that is closing is a car dealership. I'll post the photos of my 6500Fan next week. According to the Hinoki experts in Taiwan the 6500Fan are blades specially selected by Butterfly for the Korean National Team and a few of them were shipped to Taiwan instead for sale. They are rare and with excellent playing charactor. Right now they are collector's item.

do you own one? Wink so that's a BTY then.. will be waiting for your post.
JOOLA Stellwag; Xiom Sigma Euro/Stiga Almana Sound ST

BUTTERFLY Red Kim Taek Soo; XIOM Omega IV

Lord, Grant what You command, and command what You will. -ST.AUGUSTINE
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 3:01am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

darn....what a beauty eh?
Makes you wonder why we even bother to look at other topics in which all the rest of the average joes talking abt SuperDuper Cpens or whatever crxps & rants they have.....
These pics. are just killing us.

Save humanity! Ban Jpen! Wink
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 7:42am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Originally posted by TT_haru TT_haru wrote:

one day JPEN hinoki will be a thing of the past ...

It will simply not happen. Other styles such as the defensive and the penhold fast attacking style have been regarded as doomed for the past 20 years. Yet there are plenty of choppers and pips out hitters at lower levels. Most of the people who enjoy the game don't really care that the best Chinese players have adopted the reverse backhand or that the best defensive players attack ferociously with forehand topspin whenever possible. They play the game and exress themselves through their style. It is the inexperienced imitators who declare some styles obsolete.

Fortunately, we will be seeing penholders, pushblockers, choppers and seemillers for many years to come.

Well said ! ...
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 10:30am

Sorry for the confusion, the store that is closing is a car dealership. I'll post the photos of my 6500Fan next week. According to the Hinoki experts in Taiwan the 6500Fan are blades specially selected by Butterfly for the Korean National Team and a few of them were shipped to Taiwan instead for sale. They are rare and with excellent playing charactor. Right now they are collector's item.

sorry this is a wrong info.

6500 was the price in NT when the blades were sold in taiwan. they are sp mades that are with the new silver logo but without serial no. this batch was CLAIMED to be using the same wood as the ones used to make the korean national teams rackets but this was never proven. it is of a traditional darker blade size instead of the kim taek soo size which means it cant be possibly used by the korean national team.

the special part of these batch was that its light but does not lack power when far away from table.
akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 3:36pm
My brand new Butterfly Custom Cypress Special 6500 FAN, 88g with immense power and excellent control. The black paint at th back is not as shiny as the other CS, and it is a way to tell wether it is a genuine 6500 FAN or not. I am still trying to get another rare one whch is a bit earlier than this one with iron logo called 5678 FAN that is the selling price in NT during that time and I am willing to pay up to US$1000 for it if it is brand new!

Bty Special Grade Small Size
FH Spinart Max BH Curl P3 Ox
Bty KTS Red Label
FH Tenergy 05 Max BH Joola Octopus 0.6mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by bleachfan92 bleachfan92 wrote:

sorry this is a wrong info.

6500 was the price in NT when the blades were sold in taiwan. they are sp mades that are with the new silver logo but without serial no. this batch was CLAIMED to be using the same wood as the ones used to make the korean national teams rackets but this was never proven. it is of a traditional darker blade size instead of the kim taek soo size which means it cant be possibly used by the korean national team.

the special part of these batch was that its light but does not lack power when far away from table.

welcome back bleach! thanks for the info.. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 4:01pm

My brand new Butterfly Custom Cypress Special 6500 FAN, 88g with immense power and excellent control. The black paint at th back is not as shiny as the other CS, and it is a way to tell wether it is a genuine 6500 FAN or not. I am still trying to get another rare one whch is a bit earlier than this one with iron logo called 5678 FAN that is the selling price in NT during that time and I am willing to pay up to US$1000 for it if it is brand new!

1000 USD? Shocked no offense but i can't see the difference of this one to your other BTY CS.. Wink

akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 5:42pm
Look is very deceiving. You have to play with it to tell  the difference. Rarity also plays a part. I will never pay $3 millions for McQuire's 70th Homerun ball, what's the difference between other regular balls since I am not a baseball fan. But I love Jpen so I don't mind pay more for a hard to come by CS.
Bty KTS Red Label
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 10:02pm
@Kwong Sang.
When these beauties finally get here, may be you should PM me so we could go over or admiring them over coffee?
What kinda coffee would you like/luv?
akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 5:59pm
@ Tiehwen    Tim Horton is so close by. Let's "roll up the rim"
Bty KTS Red Label

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 4:28am
it is said that Yoo Nam Kyu have used BTY Cypress S.. is it a Cypress Special or just a regular Cypress S?

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 8:19am
This is the version Bfly claims he used it is the Korean version of the Cypress S they are 10mm + compared to the standard Cypress S which is 9mm.http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=770 

Edited by jpenmaster - 03/22/2011 at 8:22am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 8:23am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Korean version of the Cypress S they are 10mm + compared to the standard Cypress S which is 9mm.http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=770 

i should have known.. thanks! Wink so what's good about buying a high-end BTY Cypress Special with respect to playing?

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 8:56am
It is more like a piece of art  rather than something that plays better.  When you get into the higher end blades there is really no differnce in playablity of wood.  There is a difference/preference in head shape and thickness but that is it.  Table tennis is as much mental as it is physical and some players think a $400 blade plays better than a $150 blade .  For a lot of us it is just collecting something rare and unique.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:38am
it does play better, just that most of us isnt good enough to know the difference :x

for most of us its the mental part like what jpenmaster said.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:50am

it does play better, just that most of us isnt good enough to know the difference :x

for most of us its the mental part like what jpenmaster said.

any pros playing a $500 BTY Cypress Special?  for sure they'll be able to know the difference..

Edited by Speedstick - 03/23/2011 at 7:02am

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 10:55am
IMO, it is just mental. It has to play better after spending hundreds or even thousands ...

The characteristic of the very top grade hinoki is not going to differ much. To me, it is still not dense enough. The low grade is pretty consistent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 10:59am
lee jung woo, ryu seung min, kim taek soo all used butterfly custom ordered jpens.
obviously, they are sponsored.
akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2011 at 6:06pm
Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/03/2011 at 7:55am
IMO, it is just mental. It has to play better after spending hundreds or even thousands ...

The characteristic of the very top grade hinoki is not going to differ much. To me, it is still not dense enough. The low grade is pretty consistent.
It is not mental at all. I just purchase a custom order Jpen from Taiwan claiming using the same quality Grade S Kiso Hinoki as the Bty Cypress Special but at a quarter of the price. I try it out briefly for 15 min. and give up. It is not even close to the playing level of a iron logo cypress special or a 6500 fan. My rating is only around 1500 and not even a Jpen expert at all, but I swear I can tell the difference right away. The control on short game and the power and  energy from smashing and looping is not in the same class. You have to own one to appreciate the remarkable perfromance of a Bty Cypress Special.
Bty KTS Red Label
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 2:37am

<TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" =tableBorder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="HEIGHT: 15px" =msgableTop vAlign=top><SPAN style=": right">Reply </SPAN>Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/03/2011 at 7:55am</TD></TR>
<TR style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 200px" =msgableRow>
<TD =msgLineDevider vAlign=top><!-- Start Member Post --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->
<DIV =msg>IMO, it is just mental. It has to play better after spending hundreds or even thousands ... The characteristic of the very top grade hinoki is not going to differ much. To me, it is still not dense enough. The low grade is pretty consistent. <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- End Member Post --></TD></TR></T></TABLE>It is not mental at all. I just purchase a custom order Jpen from Taiwan claiming using the same quality Grade S Kiso Hinoki as the Bty Cypress Special but at a quarter of the price. I try it out briefly for 15 min. and give up. It is not even close to the playing level of a iron logo cypress special or a 6500 fan. My rating is only around 1500 and not even a Jpen expert at all, but I swear I can tell the difference right away. The control on short game and the power and  energy from smashing and looping is not in the same class. You have to own one to appreciate the remarkable perfromance of a Bty Cypress Special.

Someone from my TT club told me the same story. Cypress from Taiwan and Cypress from Japan are not the same thing.

Edited by wealthweb - 04/03/2011 at 2:41am
Eric Yu
1st Blade: KTS Red + Omega II, Tenergy 64
2nd Blade: Butterfly Haruvatart-S ZL Carbon + Omega III, Tenergy 05
Dream Blade:Special Cypress Custom (Special Royal Treasure Art Product)+ Narucr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 2:44am
[/QUOTE] Someone from my TT club told me the same story. Cypress from Taiwan and Cypress from Japan are not the same thing.[/QUOTE]

which one is better?

wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Speedstick Speedstick wrote:

Someone from my TT club told me the same story. Cypress from Taiwan and Cypress from Japan are not the same thing.[/QUOTE]

which one is better?
[/QUOTE]

Cypress Blade from Japan is better according to my friend's comments.
Eric Yu
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 2:53am
Can jpenmaster or akwong88 confirm for us that the newer KTS blade has a very thin layer of dark film attached to the back dark side of the blade? And what is its intended function? For more power, springy effect or what?
Thanks.

Edited by wealthweb - 04/03/2011 at 2:55am
Eric Yu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 3:23am
Originally posted by wealthweb wealthweb wrote:

Can jpenmaster or akwong88 confirm for us that the newer KTS blade has a very thin layer of dark film attached to the back dark side of the blade? And what is its intended function? For more power, springy effect or what?
Thanks.

i remember on one of jpenmaster's post that he said that the thin film is some glue sheet they're using on the blade. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 3:35am
Theres no such thing as a black film
Its just the layer of glue that you saw.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 3:38am

LOL another confirmation.. Thumbs Up

wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 7:54am

What is the rationale of applying a layer of glue to the back of KTS blade by Butterfly?
Eric Yu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 7:59am
to stick the back side cork on.

if you sand the part with no cork, only the black paint will come off and there after you will see the orig wood colour whereas if you sand the place with the cork, there will be a layer of so called film before the black paint then the wood.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 8:04am

to stick the back side cork on.

if you sand the part with no cork, only the black paint will come off and there after you will see the orig wood colour whereas if you sand the place with the cork, there will be a layer of so called film before the black paint then the wood.

hi bleach! is it only applicable to KTS or other jpens have it too? I know you're making your own jpen. do you have some pics of these glue layer? Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 8:08am
all of them need glue to stick on so it appiles to all. but different companies have different glue to stick it on. so the effect may not be the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic