Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Moon (T05) Sun(T25) Mars(T64) reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 3:08am
After a moderate week practice, the red topsheet of my Sun fell apart on several places.
Sponsored Links

ttc537dp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttc537dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

After a moderate week practice, the red topsheet of my Sun fell apart on several places.

May I ask what is the temperature in your playing court?

Edited by ttc537dp - 02/08/2011 at 7:17am
Sanwei T1091A, H3n+Target
729 L3, PeakPower + Sun
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 7:25am

18 - 20 degrees, airconditioned. Outside was -5 - 0 degrees.

I've seen the same thing happen to Apolo played with on other grounds.

ttc537dp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttc537dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 8:00am
I have experience that I left the bat in car boot for the whole day a few time, where the sun shine directly on the car. The outside temperature is as high as 30C. The top sheet fell apart from the sponge finally. I never do that again as far as possible.
Sanwei T1091A, H3n+Target
729 L3, PeakPower + Sun
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 8:14am
I asked the same question the owner of Apollo - he didn't reject the possibility. But this is clearly not the case with Sun. I will probably remove the topsheet and reglue it onto the sponge. Any special instructions how to do this?
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 10:42am
Hi,

Maybe you used a roller to glue the rubber on with the glue still a bit viscous ? That way tension is build in between rubber and blade. Some of the newer rubbers seem to have problem with that due to their own inbuild tension. In general (even a mark V) if it,s not meant to be reglued building in that type of tension is not a good idea. Tension from the outside (the blade) is not the same as tension from within the rubber. With freshglue it was done to gain speed and lower the throw somewhat due to a drumskin effect of the topsheet to the sponge. But it never improved spin. oing this without the intention of regluing oesn,t work because the tension is lost within a few days and what is left is a rubber with less tension from within.

Instead of a roller it,s better to massage the rubber on (fingers, handpalm ) with small rotating movements and some water or oil on the topsheet to decrease resistance/grip.
A massage has the intention to take tension away offcourse and it works the same for the rubber.
The glue is still somewhat viscous and massaging makes that  the rubber is without tension to the blade but firmly attached. That noticably improves the properties (katapult, spin, inbuild glueeffect) of glue effect rubbers but also classic rubbers as Mark V.

Edited by mercuur - 02/08/2011 at 10:48am
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2011 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by PongPong PongPong wrote:

The horrible sound may be because the rubber is too soft at 34 degree.

No, it was the TB All+ blade. I prefer softer rubber. Swapping to Yinhe V-13(composite) blade improved the sound a lot! Much more tolerable now.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 11:05am

Tried the lovely approach today (no roller) and the feeling is much better. Yet the improvement may be due to the change of blade. Black Sun on HK performs so far great.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 4:22pm
just received my Red Moon 37 degree today for BH. 

[they should you 4 color black on the packaging...to improve depth of the black color. ]

however, the fact that it is vacuum packed... raises concern on durability of the glue effect. hope i'm wrong.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

just received my Red Moon 37 degree today for BH. 

[they should you 4 color black on the packaging...to improve depth of the black color. ]

however, the fact that it is vacuum packed... raises concern on durability of the glue effect. hope i'm wrong.

What thickness is your Red Moon 37deg?  And what blade are you going to pair it with?

I can't wait for your review...Wink

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 5:04pm
thaiLe... even i can't wait to play with it.  :) 

it's in max... and i will try it on my V1 first... then i will try it on 2 blades i ordered.. .729 F-5, and 729 F-1.

I also got my acuda s1 blk delivered today... so ... lot of work. !! 
vid1
Vid 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 1:14am

You can feel the inbuilt glue effect only in the sound.

Please, don't forget to measure your Moon before and after.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 2:00am

Edited by debraj - 02/10/2011 at 2:01am
vid1
Vid 2
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 2:58am
does anyone know which one is most similar to H2 Neo and H3 Neo?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 3:50am
Neither. Mercury 2 @ 37 degrees is the closest alternative to H3 Pro @ 38 degrees.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 9:22am
After 3 days of using Moon 2.0mm 34 degree, I have determined that it does not suit my backhand. More balls go into the net when I loop mid-distance and correcting the issue by swinging harder is tiresome.

However, I am still loving it on the FH. The percentage of my loops that hit the table is quite impressive compared to when I used Tenergy05. And I am starting to get consistently short, strong-spin serves, whereas initially I had trouble serving with Moon.
I had the opportunity to smash quite a bit while playing a defensive player last night. I didn't feel that Moon smashes faster than Tenergy, but it does smash more consistently.
Also the weight of Moon is much lighter than Ten05, allowing for quicker recovery after committing to a stroke. With less mass to swing around, I feel like I have more control over the ball, as if I could loop and then come in for a drop shot.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 9:38am
Can someone describe how the different hardnesses play and if there's a difference between throw angles?
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Neither. Mercury 2 @ 37 degrees is the closest alternative to H3 Pro @ 38 degrees.
You think so?
I don't know, but I personally love mercury 2, it's by far best bang for the buck rubber for me LOL
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 11:57am
It is far more consistent and linear than Sun. And plays out of the box, no warm-up time needed. Some snobs say, it costs only $4, phew!
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 12:06pm
Yep, I've tried so many rubbers and I've tried telling people I know to try this rubber, none of them want to touch $4 rubber Confused. I hated the mercury 1, though..
It's funny to see how I play my friends with Tenergies and beat them with $4 rubbers Big smile
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 2:09pm
thanks
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 2:37pm
So imago.. you think sun has some non-linearity? 

i was surprised that no-one talked about it so far... because with similar huge pips, i had found LKT torrent to be non-linear as well. Although even torrent was very good in certain shots.

now for my BH, its between palio thors and yinhe moon....will find out soon. :) 

vid1
Vid 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 3:16pm

Sun is very powerful when whip hit, esp. from backhand.

And very good rubber for a modern defender, as turned out yesterday.

Edited by Imago - 02/11/2011 at 11:48pm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Neither Sun nor Moon are tuned, which should help durability.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
JZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2011 at 7:00pm
Limited stock of Sun and Moon rubbers at TableTennisOnly.com  and I surprised to find that sun pro sponge is purple (sold out) … I was expecting it to be red like tenergy, as seen on some photos.
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2011 at 10:03pm
Has anyone tried two Moons with different sponges?  Are their speed or spin differences?
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2011 at 2:29pm
Finally I got to play Sun pro black max, and Moon 37 degree for couple of days. And here's a quick feedback. 

Sun Pro max:
I pasted this on my FH, and played for about 1.5 hours. 

First thing i noticed is, it is HEAVY. i weighted it and it was 52-53gm cut sheet, and i actually cut the sheets leaving some room for my above the handle. So properly cut it would be 55gm+.

Coming from Palio Thors, Acuda, and a little flirting with one of my old T05; Sun was way slower. Now i could almost feel that this needs some breaking in, like traiditonal chinese rubbers. i think the recent surge of tuned rubbers, we forgot the breaking in part, because tuning ensures performance from day 1. 
Sun on the other hand, did feel more lively than untuned chinese rubbers, but clearly needed more time to be fully playable. 

To my surprise, it was very consistant and predictable in throw angle with different strokes. I was not expecting this, with such huge pips. But, eventually after a few days of play it can be an improved version of H3 Neo. 

Compared with Thors, if thors speed is 10, Sun pro will be 6...at this time. Also Thors ia way lighter. Thors is more dynamic, but Sun pro is more predictable in it's spin speed and throw angle.

Acuda S1 is also way more dynamic than sun, with much longer trajectory, of course a little compromised short game, and much better blocking and hitting. In Acuda S1, the ball catapults out faster, and it gives less hold time than Sun, or Thors.

Moon 37 degree max red:
I was betting too much on this one for my BH, and at least day 1 was disappointing. Speed was just not there... i don't know if it is because i had been comparing with fast rubbers like thors and tenergy; but with moon i was dropping balls at net a lot. 

like sun it was also predictable, but even slower, lighter, and less spinny....yes you heard it right, less spinny. 

blocks were nice, and but loops were barely crossing the net... instead of Palio Thors BH loops which land at the middle or end of the table, and had way more punch than this. 

I think this rubber also needs some breaking in to do... to be fast enough. 

With a tournament coming up.... i think i will have to put my solar system in ziplock, and continue with Thors BH, (which is still awesome), and Acuda S1 or Thors FH. I will give them more time after the tourney... and hope Sun at least rises better than H3 Neo on my FH, and yes... hope it sheds some ounces too :) (i will leave some more room above the handle)

vid1
Vid 2
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2011 at 10:09pm
Debraj- I had the same issues of dumping balls into the net from the bh. On the fh side, moon plays much better. I've been using moon fh and acuda s3 for bh during my last 2 sessions and am quite pleased.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2011 at 10:40pm
I gave Moon Soft and Moon Medium a shot. Soft was a disapointment for me since it is …, right, too soft and bouncy. I liked Moon Medium better. Moon isn’t that lively as, for example Tenergy, so it felt better on blades without synthetic fibre, blades with liveliness of its own.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2011 at 12:53am
mindtrip... thx. i will definitely try after the tourney

however i need to give sun pro some more time as well because at least on day one it felt better than moon.
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic