Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Armstrong Attack 8m exx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armstrong Attack 8m exx
    Posted: 02/19/2011 at 11:06pm
Has anyone tried this pimple rubber.
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2011 at 11:22pm
Ai Fukuhara uses it on her backhand
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 3:02am
i tried to try it but could not figure out all the different versions on iruiru... so never did get to it...
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 1:31pm
There is an "Attack8 EX-X" and there is an "Attack8 M"; but there is no such thing as an "Attack 8 M EXX".  The M denotes that the pips are medium in width.  There is also a L version where the pips are larger/wider.  I believe the EX-X version the pips are smaller/thinner.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 5:47pm
Hi HUT
I have tried it (ATTACK8 M) and found it very interesting.
blocking and hitting and return of service come naturally. Backspin strokes require more work
though the pimples are quite short the rubber is very soft and flexible. The sponge is quite fast. When you see fukuhara hitting very fast and then suddenly changing the pace and blocking short, that is what the rubber is good for.
However I didn't find it so easy to control an incoming soft ball, and using it meant I lost my heavy backspin push which I had with Tyranno. Pushing needs quite a bit of practice to control.
If you have watched Fukuhara with it, you may have noticed her occasionally chopping back from the table but finding it difficult to control because of the speed
My conclusion is that its an advanced medium pips which will reward someone who really works at it
Its really fast so I would recommend the 1.2mm thickness which I was told fukuhara uses - anything thicker would be difficult to control

Edited by pingpongpaddy - 02/20/2011 at 5:51pm
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 6:11pm
Not to get in a frivolous debate about player equipment, Fukuhara originally used 755, a long pip, then switched to Attack 8 M (not EX-X), and I have read she now uses Sharping (though that is unconfirmed), which is also a long pip.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Tongue
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 6:22pm
I asked iruiru late in 2010 what she used, and they told me Attack8 M.

I have tried Sharping too -its a very thin medium pip rubber which is also quite fast.
One definite difference between attack8 and sharping is that the Armstrong rubber is much more robust whereas sharping is almost tissue paper thin. with the armstrong the pips will not break off easily
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

I asked iruiru late in 2010 what she used, and they told me Attack8 M.

I have tried Sharping too -its a very thin medium pip rubber which is also quite fast.
One definite difference between attack8 and sharping is that the Armstrong rubber is much more robust whereas sharping is almost tissue paper thin. with the armstrong the pips will not break off easily

Wow i never thought of asking Iruiru about that. Once I get the latest issue of takkyu oukoku (every 4th issue of the year lists the equipment of the top 16 men and women from the results of the All Japan Championships) I'll know for sure. 
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 6:43pm
The blade i  an  using  is  not  very  fast  so  i  will  i  try  the  1.5mm  thank you.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 11:38am
Armstrong Attack 8M is most offensive that Hallmark Panther?

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 1:34pm

I just played a practice match at the US OPEN with a Japanese woman that uses Armstrong 8 I think.  It was Armstrong and it was medium pips so I think it was 8M.  The sponge looked like it was about 1.8 thickness.  She was a JPEN with just the Armstrong on 1 side.  She made it all the way to the Women's quarterfinals.  I'd like to buy that rubber but don't think anyone here in the U.S. sells it.  I was able to beat this woman in our practice match, but she was very good with it.  She beat a woman over 2400 just before her semifinal match.  If anyone knows a place to buy this in the US let me know.

Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I just played a practice match at the US OPEN with a Japanese woman that uses Armstrong 8 I think.  It was Armstrong and it was medium pips so I think it was 8M.  The sponge looked like it was about 1.8 thickness.  She was a JPEN with just the Armstrong on 1 side.  She made it all the way to the Women's quarterfinals.  I'd like to buy that rubber but don't think anyone here in the U.S. sells it.  I was able to beat this woman in our practice match, but she was very good with it.  She beat a woman over 2400 just before her semifinal match.  If anyone knows a place to buy this in the US let me know.

Acuda Dave, I think this is who you are talking about, Mari Yamamoto.

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 3:02pm

what is the name of the player that used the Armstrong Attack 8M?
what it the kind of play? hitting? chopping?
what effect do you received in the ball of the other player?
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 11:26am
liXiao...you're absolutely right. She's the woman I played.  She was very friendly and played a lot of practice matches with several players there.  She beat my buddy that is a solid 2200 player.  He loops both sides and guess the med pips bothered him.  I love to play pen players as my bh is my best weapon, and when I hit with my med pips to hers it really bothered her. 
I should have asked here if she had an extra sheet of that Armstrong on her.  She didn't speak english though so it wasn't easy communicating with her.  Thats a nice pic of her...maybe I will try to print it. She took my pic before our match. 
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 11:38am

liXiao...you're absolutely right. She's the woman I played.  She was very friendly and played a lot of practice matches with several players there.  She beat my buddy that is a solid 2200 player.  He loops both sides and guess the med pips bothered him.  I love to play pen players as my bh is my best weapon, and when I hit with my med pips to hers it really bothered her. 
I should have asked here if she had an extra sheet of that Armstrong on her.  She didn't speak english though so it wasn't easy communicating with her.  Thats a nice pic of her...maybe I will try to print it. She took my pic before our match. 

Interesting she got so far in the singles, she only plays the B-league in Japan (in japan there is the top league and the bottom league for teams)
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 3:21pm
I want a video of Mari Yamamoto!!!
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 3:58pm
hmmm...I just found that she is currently ranked 219 in the world rankings
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 4:26pm
I looked everywhere for a video but could not find anything. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 4:49pm
Is there a US vendor that sells the Armstrong Attack 8M ?

thanks.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

thanks.

I don't think so, haggisv from OOAK said that he tried to set up distribution rights with armstrong, but they only deal with customers in Japan. I think your only bet is Iruiru. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

thanks.

I don't think so, haggisv from OOAK said that he tried to set up distribution rights with armstrong, but they only deal with customers in Japan. I think your only bet is Iruiru. 

The problem is there are way too many choices between pimple size, sponge thickness and density. Confused
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
speedspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2012 at 9:07am
I am also looking to buy Armstrong attack 8M.  Where in U.S. or outside U.S.?  Iruiru didn't seem to list it.
Speedspin
speedspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2012 at 9:13am
Iruiru had it, but what is the thickness of 1.5 and 1.8 mm?  They only measure the total thickness including topsheet & sponge. (2.5, 3, 3.5, 4 mm, etc.)

Speedspin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic