FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS Verification System - a simple guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Verification System - a simple guide
    Posted: 09/03/2011 at 7:36am
Simple guide for DHS verification system: How to verify if you get a genuine DHS product?

Look for the hologram sticker on the product:

Look carefully on the hologram sticker. Genuine hologram will show you some numbers and text when you look at it at certain angles. At the upper part of the circle you would see Chinese characters and then some numbers, it’s a phone number which you could call and ask to verify whether the product is genuine or not. At the lower part of the circle you would see Chinese characters and web address.

I found two versions of holograms out there with two different phone numbers and web addresses.
1. The hologram has these information: 02787480198 and http://www.dhs-sports.com  
Some has the serial numbers shown without having to scratch the silver/grey stuff, some has the serial numbers hidden by the silver/grey stuff which has to be scratched off to reveal the numbers beneath.

2. The hologram has these information: 4006315196 and tabletennis.sport.org.cn and the serial numbers are hidden by the silver/grey stuff which has to be scratched off to reveal the numbers beneath.

I guess it doesn’t really matter which one you get because I think it’s just the difference of older and newer hologram stickers (older and newer system) as long as the serial numbers are legitimate.

Scratch the silver/grey carefully, don’t get carried away and damage the numbers underneath. 
After you scratch it then you will see a 12 or 16 digit numbers.

To check 12 digit numbers go to this web: http://www.dhs-sports.com/edhs/index.htm 

At the bottom right you will see this:

Enter the 12 digit numbers in the box and then click on the Search button.
You will then be taken to a new window with the result of the query. You will see either one of these:

1. If you see this:

You entered wrong 12 digit numbers. It’s time to make the appointment to check your eyes because you just entered 10 digit numbers instead of 12!! HAHA!! 
Because when you clicked on the Search button earlier it takes you to a new window, all you have to do is close it and start over with the original window. Just clear the existing number you entered earlier and put in the correct 12 digit number.

2. If you see this: 

You get a fake product.

If you copy and paste the Chinese characters and put them through Google Translate then you will get this:

3. If you see this:

You get a genuine product. 

If you copy and paste the Chinese characters and put them through Google Translate then you will get this:

4. If you see this:

It means the number you entered had been checked against the database before and you should consider the product is a fake if the hologram was intact and you scratched the hologram yourself. 
If you bought the product with the hologram already scratched then it’s either one of these situation: 
a. The seller already checked the number against the database, or
b. The product is a fake

From what I heard some naughty sellers would also make hologram stickers with numbers underneath, but the numbers either a made up numbers (then you will see the fake output as shown in number 2 above) or copies of genuine numbers (then you will see the already checked output as shown in number 4 above).

To check 16 digit numbers go to this web: http://59.175.170.238:8080/tta/input.jsp 

At the middle of the screen you will see this:

Enter the 16 digit numbers in the first box, enter the captcha numbers on the second box and then click on the little square button on the left (Submit button). The right little square button is a Reset button in case you typed in wrong numbers and you want to start over, click on it and it will clear both boxes.

After you clicked on the Submit button you will then be taken to a new window with the result of the query. You will see either one of these:

1. If you see this: 

You entered wrong 16 digit numbers. It’s time to make the appointment to check your eyes because you just entered 15 digit numbers instead of 16!! HAHA!! Anyway, the system will actually tell you how many digits you entered wrongly, such as 12, 13, 17, etc. All you have to do is re-do it again.

Now at the bottom part you will see three strings of Chinese characters which you can click on. The first on the left is the RETURN button, don’t click on it as it will throw you back to the home page. The second/middle on is the REQUERY button, you want to click on this one. The third on the right is the CLOSE button. You can click on it when you’re done, but you’re not done yet so just click on the middle one for now and it will take you back to the starting verification page.

2. If you see this: 

You get a fake product.

3. If you see this:

You get a genuine product. 

The language is confusing but the first part roughly says the number you entered is present (in the database) and the second part says that this number is queried for the first time.

4. If you see this:

It means the number you entered had been checked against the database before and you should consider the product is a fake if the hologram was intact and you scratched the hologram yourself. 

If you bought the product with the hologram already scratched then it’s either one of these situation: 
a. The seller already checked the number against the database, or
b. The product is a fake

From what I heard some naughty sellers would also make hologram stickers with numbers underneath, but the numbers either a made up numbers (then you will see the fake output as shown in number 2 above) or copies of genuine numbers (then you will see the already checked output as shown in number 4 above).

What if you buy a second hand product? Or new product with the hologram numbers already scratched or one without the hologram? Then you have to use your own judgment perhaps based upon the reputation of the person selling the item to you.

I sometime help people buy stuff from China and to protect my own reputation (of selling genuine products only) I usually scratch the hologram and check the numbers against the database. I then save the web page for my record. If the person is asking for the proof then I will send/show this proof to them. In this case when he/she tried to check the numbers on the database it will show them that the number has been queried before (by me). I could then show them the proof that the product is genuine.

I made this guide especially for the OOAK forum (though it might end up posted at other forums as well later on). I hope this simple guide will be of some value to you all.

Cheers!
Rokphish

p.s. 
I don’t claim this information to be exactly accurate. 
I don’t get paid by DHS nor given information by them. 
These are just some guidelines that I use personally.
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Sponsored Links

masa tenisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masa tenisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2011 at 7:58am
it looks good :D
http://masatenisihaber.com
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2011 at 10:45am
Has anyone properly verified national rubbers from either; ttnpp, prott.cc, or FES?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2011 at 11:17am
Thanks a ton. You're awesome.
jim2204 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim2204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2011 at 11:57am
rokphish, you did a great job explaining, very clear and detail and easy to follow. Thanks for your effort.
pipigrande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipigrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2011 at 12:11pm
I got this from my recently bought HK655:

您输入的防伪码存在,该产品由红双喜生产,请放心购买。谢谢查询!

Google translate: The security code you entered there, the product produced by the DHS, please rest assured to buy. Thank you query!

So, I guess my HK655 is real!

thanks...
rokphish View Drop Down
  such good timing of your post!

Edited by pipigrande - 09/03/2011 at 12:11pm
Acoustic
BH: T64
FH: BW2
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2011 at 5:09pm
Where can I check 6 digit numbers?
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 5:52am
just wondering...

is it possible that the legit serial numbers be put/copied in a fake dhs rubbers / blade? let say if a counterfeiter bought a legit dhs h3 rubber then he'll produce a fake h3 and put the legit serial numbers with the counterfeit h3's. in that way, he can say his item is legit and it can be verified it with dhs, right? because his using a legit dhs serial number, or it can be detected by dhs that one (1) serial number is used by several items?

Edited by j0hn - 09/04/2011 at 5:56am
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 5:57am
John that's where the this number has already been checked comes into play, if it's already been entered then someone else has a rubber with the same serial as you, ie your's (or his) but most likely 99.9% yours is fake
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 6:29am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Where can I check 6 digit numbers?

i don't know, sorry... haven't come across any with the 6 digit numbers myself...

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 11:10am
I'm curious; where did you get the 2nd IP address:

To check 16 digit numbers go to this web: http://59.175.170.238:8080/tta/input.jsp

?

Did you look at whois information and domain registration to confirm that it is DHS property?

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 11:28am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

John that's where the this number has already been checked comes into play, if it's already been entered then someone else has a rubber with the same serial as you, ie your's (or his) but most likely 99.9% yours is fake

But then who has the real serial number? If both numbers are the same, then there is the chance (a 50/50 chance) that yours is the real one and the OTHER is the fake. There is no real indication that yours is the fake one. 

Edited by liXiao - 09/04/2011 at 11:29am
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 11:41am
The fakes would have been made in the hundreds with the same number and the original real one would have been old and used by the guy making fakes and throw in the rubbish months/years before hand :)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 5:51pm
Bucket is right. If you're getting the error that indicates that the number has been r egistered before then it's likely that the original was one out of hundreds if not thousands or less than 1% chance you have a real rubber.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 2:46am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

I'm curious; where did you get the 2nd IP address:

?

Did you look at whois information and domain registration to confirm that it is DHS property?

the ip address is from CTTA web page, which is also the web address shown on the newer dhs hologram. 

you could go to the CTTA web page and find the page for checking the 16 digit numbers or you could use the direct link. i tried to find the regular/normal web address, which, usually just letters and some numbers but all they have is the adddress with the ip address.

here's how you would go about finding the page from the main website:

first go to the CTTA website and then you would see the menu as shown here in this picture:

click on the 5th menu from the left (shown in red in the picture) and then it would direct you to another page. 

on this page you would see this small section as shown here in this picture:

1. you could put in your numbers right here and verify your product: put in your numbers on the first box, the captcha on the second and click on the button directly below the captcha (shown in red in the picture)

or

2. just click on the button with two chinese characters (shown in red in the picture) directly below the captcha. if you click on the button it would take you to another page where you would see this:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/293434_2354886993451_1288496455_32869474_3568900_n.jpg

just do nothing for a few seconds and the page will refresh itself and brought up the page as i shown in my simple guide above:

there you go.

you could either do it the more troublesome way or just click on the link i gave you earlier in the simple guide above.

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 2:54am
Originally posted by j0hn j0hn wrote:

just wondering... 

is it possible that the legit serial numbers be put/copied in a fake dhs rubbers / blade? let say if a counterfeiter bought a legit dhs h3 rubber then he'll produce a fake h3 and put the legit serial numbers with the counterfeit h3's. in that way, he can say his item is legit and it can be verified it with dhs, right? because his using a legit dhs serial number, or it can be detected by dhs that one (1) serial number is used by several items?

j0hn, the above two posters already answered your question, but if you go back to my post and re-read it, especially toward the end you would see that i already mentioned this situation and also give you an example as in my personal situation where one would find the hologram already scratched and the numbers already checked.

basically if you personally see the hologram is intact and you personally scratch the hologram and right away check the numbers against the database and get the numbers already checked result then most likely you get a fake product. 

do ask again if it's still unclear to you.

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 7:55pm
Thanks for the clarification on that rokphish!

And thanks again for putting together this guide; This is definitely sticky worthy.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 10:02am
you're welcome. glad if it could be of some use...

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 6:33am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Has anyone properly verified national rubbers from either; ttnpp, prott.cc, or FES?
I just got TG3N Nat blue sponge. After put ver. no. in, it worked as authen. product.
So I guess this verification works for Nat rubber also. I am not sure about specially made rubber for players though.
stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stereotip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 6:53am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

I just got TG3N Nat blue sponge. After put ver. no. in, it worked as authen. product.
So I guess this verification works for Nat rubber also. I am not sure about specially made rubber for players though.

Where did you buy rubber?

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by stereotip stereotip wrote:

Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Where did you buy rubber?

prott.cc
artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2011 at 3:08pm
Thank you for the guide, great work!
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Thanks for the clarification on that rokphish!

And thanks again for putting together this guide; This is definitely sticky worthy.

yes, let's please make this a sticky... took me a while to find it with the search engine and it saved the day (not that I was in any great peril or anything Wink)
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 11:06am
how about getting a fake & it plays good !

wahahaha........Just Kidding. LOL

thanks for sharing, rokphish. Sleepy
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
vclara99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vclara99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 1:11pm
Just ran my GoldArc3 rubbers and they both come back as genuine, thanks for the post
RoboChop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2013 at 10:48am
great guide but none of the pictures are showing up anymore, are you still around rokphish?
Daemun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daemun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2013 at 3:26pm
Becareful with this, it can prove that something is counterfeit, but doesn't prove authenticity. On Chinese forums there's mention of things like counterfeiters taking the sticker from a authentic h3 commercial and transferring it onto fake national rubbers. I don't know the exact process, but it's been done.

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2013 at 6:15pm
I will have to see if my wife has a hologram with numbers. You never know for sure. what if I have been living with this person for 30 years and they might be a copy! Kidding aside...good info rokphish. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic