Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deleted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleted
    Posted: 09/04/2011 at 7:04pm
Deleted

Edited by kolevtt - 10/09/2018 at 4:16pm
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2011 at 11:05pm
If he didn't already read this by lunchtime, I will tell him about your review in person today during my visit to Nexy HQ and ask Pr. Moon to check it out.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 10:23am

Edited by kolevtt - 10/09/2018 at 4:16pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 10:28am

Edited by kolevtt - 09/05/2011 at 10:29am
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 10:30am

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 1:21pm
Here is another review on Sahara

http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32676

I have a suspicion that Sahara is pretty close to (albeit somewhat faster than) BBC 9-10-9. I have a plan to custom order a version of that blade from Charlie, which will probably be closer to Sahara.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I have a suspicion that Sahara is pretty close to (albeit somewhat faster than) BBC 9-10-9. I have a plan to custom order a version of that blade from Charlie, which will probably be closer to Sahara.

Good luck with that but, as far as I can remember, these two are quite different. One is an OFF+ with hollow handle, sharp and fast, no much vibes. The other one is OFF-, great control and lots of vibration. They do not behave or feel the same.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 5:01pm

I might want to buy a NEXY blade.  Is there an English website that carries them, or how can I contact NEXY directly if I don't know Korean?

Galaxy T1 89 gm

FH: HRT Huaruite Wujilong 2 - Dragon 2 II, Max, Black

Donic Acuda S2, Max, Red
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2011 at 5:11pm

Edited by kolevtt - 10/09/2018 at 4:17pm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 9:25am
Dear Kolevtt,

I finally got in this thread.
Nice review, thank you.

Actually, Sahara relies on unique material.
The materials are not anything you can meet in other blades.
All the materials are new.

I'm glad to know that you liked it.

I've got good feed backs from one german guy and one french guy about Sahara.

By the way, Nexy alwasy makes something unique.
You will know it, if yo keep watching on my products.
I recently released new blade named SPARTACUS.
This is also very unique.
It's thin, 5.7mm.... and using Kiso Hinoki on the surface.
But it has good balance on the whole.

And my next blade Calix will be also a big eye catcher.
It will take some more time to release Calix, but I'm pretty sure it will be a real something.

Ok, I will come again to see how people respond to your writings.
Thank you again.

Edited by Nexy - 09/07/2011 at 9:25am
Brand Manager of NEXY
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 10:20am
Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

I might want to buy a NEXY blade.  Is there an English website that carries them, or how can I contact NEXY directly if I don't know Korean?

I am selling my Nexy Lissom - see in FS section. Although if a bit of vibration is a turn-off for you, then you are out of in luck... so far. Then, as a I recall someone was selling Nexy Oscar recently.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 11:18am

Edited by kolevtt - 10/09/2018 at 4:18pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 12:25pm

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 2:14pm

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

I am selling my Nexy Lissom - see in FS section. Although if a bit of vibration is a turn-off for you, then you are out of in luck... so far. Then, as a I recall someone was selling Nexy Oscar recently.

Dear brother, once again I will repeat that my topic/review is not for your off topic postings, runing to the 10,000, because I saw you are with 9,000 + right now. Good luck with selling!

Dear brother Kolev,

1) I suspect that you are under impression that you as a topic starter somehow control what other people can or cannot write here. Of course, there are rules of forum etiquette which we usually try to follow...

2) In one case I was commenting on other blades (some of which are better known to some other forummers) that might be similar to Sahara (which is quite a legitimate line of thought I might add), in my other post I was advising JRSDallas on his question about sale of Nexy blades. The second one was certainly not about Sahara, but that is how many of the forum topics proceed sometimes...

3) Your hint at my forum proclivity is kinda off-topic as well, isn't it? not to mention it might be easily considered as a directly rude personal remark which is something my "off-topic" postings somehow managed to avoid...

Anyways, back to Sahara and only Sahara from now on.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 10:23pm
Hypersensitive people are usually unconsciously rude, by their very narcissistic nature.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 1:09am
I haven't played with Sahara, but judging from the pictures, it must feel harder than BBC 9-10-9, as the outer plies are thinner and the carbon layer is closer to the outer surface. Moreover, in Sahara wood grains are crossed between plies, i.e. the centre ply has horizontal grain, while in 9-10-9 they run parallel, i.e. the centre ply has vertical grain, so I guess the Sahara is also stiffer.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Hypersensitive people are usually unconsciously rude, by their very narcissistic nature.

It is under my dignity to respond a man, who doesn't know what is the meaning of the word honesty.
 Imago - it will be better to write in other topic here - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43284&PN=1&title=imago-incorrect-and-dishonest-seller
In the future be aware of the topics with materia which is unknown for you. It is not a problem to send you the blade Sahara for testing, but you have to turn back 57 BGN for me right now. Also I am afraid, as you are so clumsy as before when I was teaching you in your garage, the news about the condition for sahara wont be so good after your testing.

Argo - I think you are right.

Jim - brother, thank you for understanding.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 5:12am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Here is another review on Sahara

http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32676

Please stop writing of blethers in my topic/review...
... please be so good, as moderator, to delete these "bla-bla" from my topic.
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Hypersensitive = narcissistic
that simple equation is always true no matter my poor maths skiils in the blade/rubbers combinations thread.

Long live JimT!
Brother, will you stop writing "blethers" in His Majesty Coach of all Coaches topic? Wink

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 5:13am
Thank you very much for your review kolevtt.

It is interesting and i think your review is very informative and honest.

I realize the good aspects about the sahara and i probably get one. To have some fun playing with it as in the times i had a gergely.

One of the aspects i like more about nexy is his design. He has the ability to keep the blade weight balance and the momentums in the right range together with a good handle design. So that enforces to buy a sahara to people who pay attention to it.

About being sensitive, my advice is to get a thick skin to post in internet forums. In this case i do not think JimT posted to have such overreaction

About sensitive meaning narcissism, i am not sure. in most cases have to do with former experiences that lead people to be more sensitive.

For instance, if one had a bad divorce, one can be hypersensitive to get married again.

Edited by ejmaster - 09/08/2011 at 5:21am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 7:36am
About the Jim's letter - Sorry, I had a internet connection problem, I wrote "Thank you for sharing the review of fatt" , but after that the lost of connection when  I tried to publish my letter made me craizy to write everything again, because I hadn't enough free time and I just missed this sentence. Sorry once again. I think the most important information I have shared yet.
Of course, everybody can write everything everywhere. No matter the meaning, you just can wirite what you want. Also you can share what you will be cooking this evening Smile
My own opinion about the fatt's review is that it is very good, I am not agree only that Schlager Carbon is other level, because even the Schalger is 0,2mm may be thicker, it is not faster, but it is more hardly to control, unlike the Sahara. In other case I must be happy I have so good sample.
I will be really happy also If Mr.Schlager can test this blade by himself, but while he is a BTY player I think it is impossible. Also I have heard that he is using Primo Carbon with Schlager handles. And Gergely and Primo Carbon are the same blade with different handles and form. Smile
About Sardius - I never had this blade. But the turkish coach of their national deaf team and national champion of Turkey Mr.Gultekin Kartoglu told me that Sardius is the best for him. The next tournament when I have meeting with him I will give him my zenith weapon and I will publish his own opinion. I am sure 101% that he will like this blade.
About the 1.9mm bryce speed that fatt has offered us - he is right. May be it will be good combination, also for players under 2000, only if they have off+ strategy. I tried Sahara with a new Bryce Fx, but the old version and it was not suitable rubber - heavy and very little spin than the combination between Sahara and Boost TP. As I wrote - I suppose the right choice with Sahara if you want to play with BTY rubbers, just to use 1.9mm for the new glue. In other case the max rubbers just for now are STIGA Boost TP.
I will be glad if somebody can compare the new Xiom rubbers with Sahara to the Boost TP/Sahara.
Also If somebody has other opinion about appropriate rubbers for this blade, I am open for advices.
Also If somebody has something from Nexy for selling here is the right topic Big smile
Dear friends, there are p.m. options in your panel. Just use it Wink
I am waiting the new Factor rubbers factory tuned by the German brand Imperial soon.

Edited by kolevtt - 09/08/2011 at 7:45am
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 4:18pm
I recall that fatt has Sahara for testing. What happened to the blade after the testing? Is someone testing it now or did it disappear from view?

If it is still out there and available for testing, I would really like to give it a quick try. Thanks.

Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2011 at 5:20pm
Please specify. What is so special about Sahara? This thread looks abit like a one-man-hype.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Klaus123 Klaus123 wrote:

Please specify. What is so special about Sahara? This thread looks abit like a one-man-hype.
Sahara has been sold out only to a few forummers, even though it was good sales in Korean market.
I did not run a promotional event for it, and as a beginnig brand NEXY, it was not easy to push many Saharas onto the market yet. That's the reason you can not expect many people to reply with actual experiences.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 12:29pm
I know that my friend ndc666 considers it as one of his all time favorites, and he has quite a lot of blades...I much prefer the Oscar blade.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 1:58pm
Today I tested Sahara with Stiga Calibra on the fh side - sorry, but this rubber is not suitable for this blade if it is with max.thickness. Compared to Boost TP, Calibra is not so faster, may be it is on the same level, but the primary catapult effect is better and the control is missed. But I think the trajectory of the ball is the same as Boost TP. After the comparison I understood also that Boost TP is lighter than Calibra and more controlable. It seem Calibra is heavy rubber. After 1-2 minutes hitting I suspected, Calibra is the new version of Stiga's best rubber - Innova.
About Boost TP - it gives me more spin and the speed is same as the speed of Calibra, only the feeling for density is better with Calibra. May be the super fast blade as Sahara is not appropriate for this rubber. It will be better if somebody like Calibra, to try it with some 5.0-6.0mm lighter blade.
About the Sahara - it is still the best blade for me in combination with Stiga Boost TP max.

tims89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tims89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 5:43pm
offtop but it seems like this is Nexy Sharara :)
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 5:53pm
haha ClapThumbs Up

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2011 at 4:52pm
Hey Fatt,

See attached pictures of the Sahara that I got from you. I think it was the early version that was sent out for the initial round of testing. Looking at the handle it is different from the newer versions like the one that kolevtt has.

uploads/20135/Nexy_Sahara_2.jpg
uploads/20135/nexy_Sahara.jpg

Edited by Carryboy - 09/14/2011 at 4:54pm
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2011 at 5:09pm
Yes it isSmile hush!! Still yours down the road. Never played with it just a brief bounce when I first got it.
Really a fast blade.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic