FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Meyzieu Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meyzieu Canada
    Posted: 10/13/2011 at 3:11pm
While you waiting for few PRO's video from Poland and European Championships, here is my lates video. It was recorded last Sunday in Sherbrooke, Canada on Sherbrooke Open 2011 ...

Edited by melarimsa - 10/19/2011 at 10:42pm
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 3:15pm
Opss Embarrassed

Edited by melarimsa - 10/13/2011 at 3:20pm
artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 3:17pm
In my browser the link gives 404 not found error. Can you please check the link.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by artakwol artakwol wrote:

In my browser the link gives 404 not found error. Can you please check the link.
 Embarrassed

artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 3:31pm
Thank you, it works now!
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 3:45pm
no offense but i think the fjep guy is really bad.... maybe 1800 u.s?

he has a weird grip and his bh side is kinda weird.

at first i thought his grip was the seemiller grip but he used his black only for bh whereas the seemiller grip can use both sides for fh and bh.

so many easy mistakes on third ball and he lacks a consistent attack from either side.  plays kinda nicely off the table though, he made a number of nice returns far from the table
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 4:18pm
I think 1800 is being generous.  His attacks were extremely inconsistent.  I didn't count, but it seemed like he missed more attacks than he made.  His blocking was pretty good though.  The short topspin/no spin serve gave him trouble.  My guess is that he didn't pick up the spin.  
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 7:54am
Can't find his Canadian rating Wacko
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 1:40pm
What does his grip have to do with the level of his game? Danny Seemiller was #23 in the world and many-times US National Champion with the grip which is even weirder than this guy's.

So, yes, his FH is awkward and he misses it rather more often than BH but generally I would say that he has a good basic technique. He is a bit tentative on blocks and backs away from the table too willingly, but he could be easily 1800-1900 USATT. His BH often has a very good swing and is rather powerful when he hits the ball properly.

His receive of Marco's serves is often pretty bad because he doesn't do much counteraction of Marco's spin - I am not sure why he simply puts his racket under the ball with no spin or counter-spin motion of his own. I blame his receiving stance - he is one step away from table and he probably simply is not ready to jump on the ball and meet it while it's still relatively high.

I would recommend him to work on two things - his FH attack (should be less tight, more fluid, and yes, the grip hurts him there), and serve reception.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 2:09pm
What is Marco's usatt rating?
I just don't see it.  Poor service return and extremely inconsistent forehand.  The BH can be really good, but he's not consistent enough there either.  Maybe playing a better player just exposed the weaknesses more than usual.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 2:33pm
Marko US rating is 2 1 7 4 Exclamation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 11:43pm
Jim T i never said his hold had anything to do with his skill level.  i just started he has a bit of a weird grip BECAUSE i thought he used a seemiller grip but he doesn't seem to use his fh side to hit his bh which SEEMILLER does do.

And i completely disagree with your idea of him having good basic technique.  i dont see anywhere in the video where he has good basic technique.  none of his shots r consistent.

I only say he couldp ossibly be 1800 because his play style is a bit unique and weird which gives players trouble.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 11:44pm
and i know danny seemiller's resume very well considering i've played in the Erie tournament many times where dan seemiller is a regular there.

I played him personally as well and my friend played his son twice.  I know exactly how good he is and NEVER do i ever undermine a player's level just because of his grip

Edited by ZJKandMLfan - 10/14/2011 at 11:45pm
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2011 at 4:10pm
I would guess he is 1800 - 1900 !
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2011 at 5:54pm
So I watched again and counted.  On FH loops or kills he landed 6 and missed 15.  That's less than a 30% success rate.  
His BH can be dangerous and his blocks, while not aggressive, are good and consistent.
Seems to me that you can feed the guy FH all day and let him self destruct. Sorry, I just don't see the 1800 rating unless he was just out of the game mentally because he was playing a superior opponent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic