FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adidas P7 Review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas P7 Review!
    Posted: 01/10/2012 at 9:22am
My 3rd supply of Adidas rubbers and blades have arrived and I was suprised they sent me the upcoming P7 rubber. Yes, the P7 which is still not available in many stores. There is the P3, which I have reviewed before and the P5 which I haven't tried but heard a lot of comments that its like the T05. It comes with a high quality ESN topsheet and sponge. The topsheet is grainy and very grippy and the sponge is orange and porous. The pips are lined closer to each other than the P3 which has a bigger gap on its pips. Its nice for Adidas to include an adhesive plastic cover for the rubber also.

Rubber: Adidas P7 
Thickness: 2.2mm or max
Sponge hardness: 38 degrees by DHS scale approx.
Weight: Uncut 172 x 172 mm, 62-64grams; on a 149 x 157 mm Adidas Blade Head blade
head, 47 grams

This rubber was designed and produced with the cooperation of pro and high level Chinese players. For players who do not want to go too far away from the table and those who want to acquire the needed effect on their strokes with the spin of a Chinese rubber and the speed of a Euro rubber this is the rubber for you guys.

Driving:

FH-FH, BH-BH:
The rubber is very bouncy, lively and drives very fast. Driving the ball through the sponge does not bottom out and its effortless to hit the ball because of its long trajectory. 

Pushes:
Spinny on the pushes though you need to adjust your angle a little bit because the ball has the tendency to pop at the first few tries but its never a problem.

Serving:
The spin on my underspin and sidespin serves are very high. Even though the rubber is bouncy, shorts serves are not a problem. Fast, spinless serves are also wonderful with this rubber.

Loops:

One of the 3 strengths of this rubber is its ability to loop spinny, underspin balls with minimal effort. If your stroke is a brushing stroke with less sponge  on contact because you are used to a chinese rubber then you would love the P7. Minus the tackiness of a Chinese rubber but with the same spin, this rubber produces a medium to high arc on loops whether its a fast or slow loop. The spin is amazing and you can feel the ball kick on the racket if you are on the receiving end.

Loop drives, loop kills, spin-drives:

One way to measure a rubber's strength is to check its ability on loop driving the ball above the table, off the bounce or on the rise contact against a low spinny underspin ball that lands almost short on the table. With the P7, if you have the skills you can do this strokes with lesser effort than with a tenergy 05 or 25. As what I have observed on what I was doing and including my coach who taught this stroke was that even if you hit the ball through the sponge when doing loop drives, its still possible to land the ball on the other side. meaning the rubber is very forgiving. on emergency situations like if yo haven't brushed the ball enough and hit more on the sponge, using tenergy 05 or 25 is less forgiving. On the P7, even with hitting through the sponge it still produces a good arc and spin clearing the net about half to 1 inch.

Countering:

The 3rd characteristic of this rubber that makes it superior to most other modern rubbers is its built also for countering and its very forgiving. Near of mid-distance (about 5-6 feet) away from the table, the power and speed does not diminish.

Blocking:
Near the table and above the table blocking are very controllable yet the ball is very fast on passive block, more so on active blocks.. Punch blocking low fast topspin balls are still quite possible with this rubber.

BH Loops:

Its strange but my backhand loops are spinnier than my fh loops. My bh loops and so does with a friend has a more profound arc and spin. 

Overall impressions:

I am super impressed with this rubber for the first 2 days of testing it! This is the controlled or tamed version of the tenzone. Tenzone is still the best rubber Adidas has ever produced but it doesnt mean that its not an awesome rubber, it is at par with tenergy rubbers especially with T25. What I have noticed about this rubber is that you need to have a greater usage of your wrist in doing spins to fully utilize your spin potential using this rubber. Dont get me wrong, its very spinny even with little wrist movements. This rubber takes only a day to break in. 

Recommendations:

definitely for advanced players or those with good basics. if you want something slower get the 2.0mm. blades that are off+ will still be alright as long as you have the right technique. If you are a pure looper or spinner i suggest you would get an off- minus or off blade like the Adidas C100, C300 or C500 and Adidas Fibertec Power series
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2012 at 9:42am
Oh Man! I haven't even heard about the P7!?

Is it still a class under tenzone? Any details you can quickly give us about how hard it is or where it fits in with the P3,P5 line?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2012 at 9:44am
I'm assuming harder than P5?

I don't mean to ask so many questions so fast, I just can't contain my excitement about Adidas.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2012 at 9:48am
lil dude, its between the P5 and P3, its like Tenergy 25.. I will be posting the whole review for this tomorrow since this is the first one I tried today
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2012 at 9:52am
how come you recieve all those adidas rubber yogi? are you a dealer or you being sponsored?
Im interested in this rubber  because I really like Tenergy25.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2012 at 9:57am
Skyline, call it "luck". I was added by an Adidas executive in facebook and he was kind enough to send me some upon knowing I have reviewed lots of items the past 5 years here in the net. He also introduced me to their company's blade engineer and rubber designer. They are very open to ideas and feedbacks for improvements of their products which I really like. They are targeting common players aside from the pros so feedbacks from players like us are very important to them

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2012 at 2:00pm
yogi please check your pm.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2012 at 7:08pm
skyline, please clear your inbox i cant send you msgs

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 12:09am
updated on my first day of review

Deepak3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deepak3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 2:32am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Skyline, call it "luck". I was added by an Adidas executive in facebook and he was kind enough to send me some upon knowing I have reviewed lots of items the past 5 years here in the net. He also introduced me to their company's blade engineer and rubber designer. They are very open to ideas and feedbacks for improvements of their products which I really like. They are targeting common players aside from the pros so feedbacks from players like us are very important to them

I played with P3 for 3 months during which all 3 P3 rubbers that I used got a bubble in them. Would appreciate if you could pass on the message to Adidas engineers that they definitely need to work on improving the durability of these rubbers. Has this topic been discussed by you in the past with Adidas? If this is fixed, i for one am definitely going to stick with Adidas rubbers - i found them so good. Thanks.
Butterfly Joyner H-II
Andro Rasant Turbo Max (FH)
Andro Rasant Turbo Max (BH)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLcTsoaqEw4 (the one in yellow is me)

Deepak3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deepak3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 2:44am
Also talking of feedback, would it not be good if Adidas could keep their product line simple to understand? They definitely have a late mover advantage! Look at the plethora of rubbers available for BTY, Donic, Stiga and others and you will know what I mean - most of the times it is just not possible to establish differentiators between the umpteen rubbers available. Unless the new rubbers are fundamentally different it may be easier for people to understand new rubbers from an evolutionary perspective something like "P7 is a better P5" and so on.
Butterfly Joyner H-II

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 7:24am
Please also compare it to Tenzone if possible.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 9:47am
Speaquinox, Tenzone is a notch higher in all aspects. P7 is a controlled version of the Tenzone.. though P7 has better control than Tenzone.

Deepak3, P7 is not a better version of P5. it has a different characteristic and purpose. The P7 was designed for Chinese players or those with Chinese strokes. The description of their rubbers are not hard to modify for players to a better grasp of their products. I can suggest this to Adidas and they are very open to opinions. also, what was teh glue you have used in the P3, What is your level of play? On tests with high level chinese players, Tenergy lasts only 2 weeks. Tenzone lasted 1 month.. The level that you have gretaly affects the durability of your rubber

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 11:43am
sorry yogi I've cleared my inbox now.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 6:36pm
i assume its a ESN rubber as well. 

i find it funny how adidas launches ESN rubbers at that price point. 

someone else would be selling the same for $30 in a month or so. 

and till then the price comes in the way of its possible popularity. 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 9:14pm
Deb, it is an esn rubber alright but with a better quality control. i have talked to adidas about the introductory price but they said its still lower than tenergy.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 9:28pm
It's not though, US price is $79.99 for tenzone. That's insane.

Edited by lildudejds - 01/11/2012 at 9:28pm
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 9:30pm
in the US its 79, some other sellers sell it for 60 dollars, they told me that the prices depend on the region of the seller. also, do you know that tenergy costs 103 us dollars here in the philippines? 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 9:31pm
lil dude, lets hope indiatabletennis.com will sell tenzone soon Wink

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2012 at 10:46pm
Yeah I emailed them about tenzone and they just said they weren't available yet. I hope they get them, I'll order immediately.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Deepak3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deepak3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 5:16am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Speaquinox, Tenzone is a notch higher in all aspects. P7 is a controlled version of the Tenzone.. though P7 has better control than Tenzone.

Deepak3, P7 is not a better version of P5. it has a different characteristic and purpose. The P7 was designed for Chinese players or those with Chinese strokes. The description of their rubbers are not hard to modify for players to a better grasp of their products. I can suggest this to Adidas and they are very open to opinions. also, what was teh glue you have used in the P3, What is your level of play? On tests with high level chinese players, Tenergy lasts only 2 weeks. Tenzone lasted 1 month.. The level that you have gretaly affects the durability of your rubber

I did not imply that P7 was a better version of P5 - just gave it as an example.

Thanks for the clarification - only wish that manufacturers would give more details around the characteristics of rubbers in a standard way.

I used the Nittaku Nori glue sheet to fix the P3 rubbers. I play for recreational purposes only but used to play competitive table tennis in India quite sometime back. You can get an idea of my level of play by watching my video on youtube, the link of which is there in my signature below.

Appreciate you conveying feedback to Adidas.
Butterfly Joyner H-II

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 7:34am
deepak3 is very good, and hits the ball hard.

Maybe it's those glue sheets causing the problem? Unless you have always used those. Who knows, maybe just bad early batches.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 9:00am
if you are good deepak and i dont doubt that you are. the problem is not on the rubber really. modern day tensors do not last 3 months for very good players.

kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 9:28am
dang! i've been using my tensor rubber for 1 year. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 8:48pm
I had another session with the P7 today and tried it on my backhand. I love it more in my bh than my Acuda S2. I decided to switch to the P7 in my backhand and still use the Tenzone in my forehand. The P7 is a notch higher than any acuda rubbers. The Acuda rubbers feel less lively than the P7. Also the P7 has stronger spin. 

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 10:56pm
Clap yogi... congratulations on your new job with adidas !!! LOL
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2012 at 11:07pm
deb, i wish this was a job.. LOL

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 8:49am
update on the P7, used it on my backhand today as a replacement for my acuda s2. its a beast and i need to adjust to it because my loops are a bit off. One thing i found out though is that the P7 needs lesser amount of swings on bh brush loops and you dont have to make your blade angle a lil bit open in order to lift heavy underspin balls. Still a very good backhand rubber. My blocks were good and counters plus punchblocksa little easier.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 7:55am
due to my less playing hours and more on coaching i shifted to the P7 from the Tenzone. The Tenzone needs its user to play at least 4-5x a week. The P7 is more controllable than the Tenzone so as of the moment its my FH rubber. I couldn't control it in my BH though I dunno why maybe its just me

ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 11:32am
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

I'm assuming harder than P5?

I don't mean to ask so many questions so fast, I just can't contain my excitement about Adidas.
lil dude, where did you buy your v1.5 and how do you like it?
Xiom Europe Vegas|FH Tenergy 05|BH:Tenergy 05FX|
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic