Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola RHYZM review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola RHYZM review!
    Posted: 02/21/2012 at 8:34am

my long wait was over since i bought a joola rhyzm from a local store. i was curious about this rubber since i heard some good reviews about this. the previous joola explode was a good and balanced rubber but there was some hype about this rubber so i bought a red one.

Joola Rhyzm
Thickness: 2.2mm
Color: red
Hardness: 48 degrees, more like 36 degree in DHS scale
Size: 172x172mm
Weight: 61-63 grams uncut
Blade: Stiga Intensity NCT; Adidas Challenge Speed

The Rhyzm comes with a medium hard topsheet and a medium creamy white porous sponge. The rubber is definitely a tensor despite the lack of a tensor logo. I would say the rubber has a fairly accpetable weight. its definitely lighter than Tenergy 05. 

Driving FH & BH

the rubber is very much alive and lively when doing normal driving drills. I felt the speed the moment i hit with both in my fh and bh. S1 Acuda Turbo speed but controllable like the S2. this rubber is not noisy though unlike its samba + cousin.

Smashing

smashing is very good. sharp, powerful and controllable smashes, those are the words i can describe this rubber. despite the medium hard topsheet you can fairly sink the ball into the sponge.

Serving and pushing

Underspin serves are very spinny and low, so were my sidespin serves. One thing i like about this rubber is the fact i can make fast, sidespin serves with great control.

Short game

I tried doing drop shots with it and it offers excellent control. Also, with flicks both on the fh and bh they were a walk in the park against spinny short underspin balls. This rubber excels in the short game definitely.

Looping

This is both a looping and loop driving rubber. Despite the medium hard topsheet, the ball sinks into the medium sponge beautifully to produce strong spins. It had a medium to high throw. It had a nice arc but not as high as that of the tenzone or T05. I was loop driving the ball. above the table off the bounce/on the rise and it produced a low sharp spinny ball with a sharp trajectory. So far this rubber is good both on near the table and medium distance away from the table (5 ft). I haven't tried it far from the table yet.

Countering and blocking

I found it better in countering than blocking due to the fact that I was able to control the rubber more during counters than in blocking. I would rate the blocking as above average but excellent on counters.

This rubber felt like an Acuda S1 Turbo but more forgiving and offers more spin. I was tied to the acuda s2 as my bh rubber for 2 years but now i think ill keep the rhyzm as my backhand rubber. it felt very spinny for my bh loops and offered the same control on what I had with the S2 but is a lil bit faster.
The Rhyzm is strongly recommended for players who wants a fast and spinny rubber both on the fh and bh with excellent control, more emphasis on the spin. This rubber is balanced on its capabilities. Its different from the X-plode because it has a softer feel but more or less the same spin with more speed. A 2.0mm version of this would be good enough for intermediate players.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 10:34am
how is it at looping against underspin?  That is always the test for me...is the rubber good at looping strong underspin.  If it's not good at that than I'll buy a sheet.  Thanks for the review.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 2:47pm
Been playing with this on the forehand in Black 2mm for a while now on a joola fever blade. I've found the spin and pace very good. The major bonus for me is that the short game and service/ returns are much better. I am moving over to it as I've been surprised by the bite the rubber has.  Regarding lifting chop, both spin and pace loops are very good off the sheet.  Either 2mm or max would be great for a lot of standards. Had mine about 2 months now and the topsheet is still pretty much as new
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:05pm
I'm struggling to see the difference between all of the tensors on the market these days. They are becoming so similar, or at least the marketing blurb makes it almost impossible to see what the differences are.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:12pm
I second that motion, Andy! LOL
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:20pm
Agreed about the blurb being the same. The main thing I would say about Rhyzm is it is pretty hard for a tensor and really fast. Feels like the days of heavy glued chinese rubbers which I actaully used to play with.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

how is it at looping against underspin?  That is always the test for me...is the rubber good at looping strong underspin.  If it's not good at that than I'll buy a sheet.  Thanks for the review.

Do you mean if it is good at that?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 4:09pm
Thanks Yogi Bear! 

What is the short game like compared to, lets say, Hurricane 3 and Tenergy 05, so I can get a good idea of how good the short game is for a tensor.

Would it be better suited for the backhand than the forehand? 

Edited by SmackDAT - 02/21/2012 at 4:12pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 6:15pm
acudadave, as what i have said it is both a looping and loop driving rubber. looping vs underspin balls is easy.

smackdat, H3 would still be better in the short game but rhyzm owns the T05 in the short game because of its control and being forgiving on your shots
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

sunilid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunilid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 6:27pm
Is top-sheet grippy ? 
Not sure about others, but I have always found black-sheets grippier than red (yasaka, nittaku, butterfly...).
Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 7:13pm
yup its very grippy

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 10:30pm
im using it as a backhand rubber now because its veryy spinny and fast. its also controllable for a very fast rubber. bh or fh it would be a good rubber

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 11:28pm
Yogi, how it compares to Phenix and/or Rakza7? Spin speed control hardness ? Phenix has too little dwell and not grippy to the extent I would wish. How is Rhyzm at that ? Thanx for good review (as a usual)!  :)   
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 11:58pm
vic, rhyzm has a softer feel than phenix but has better spin. speed of rhyzm is faster.. dwell time for rhyzm is average

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 2:12am
Thnx, yogi! But still your opinion is that Adidas P5, P7, Tenzone are a higher class rubbers?   
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:34am
yes definitely a notch higher if you compare adidas p-series and tenzone series

legout_de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legout_de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:37am
Can anyone compare the Rhyzm with Yasaka´s Rakza 7? Maybe vic#74?

Thanks
http://ligno.de.tt
http://ligno-blades.blogspot.com
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:58am
ive had only a few hits with the Rakza 7 and its harder than the rhyzm the same with harder feel. the rhyzm is easier to spin with

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 12:25pm
Hmm...if Rhyzm is easier than Rakza 7 to spin with it can be an option for my FH...cause Rakza is really good in spin based play (on flexy blade).  But I look to P7 or Tenzone or T05 also and already have Spin Art in my bag. Too many choices for ordinary guy.     
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 5:58pm
Vic, wait for the P7 this april. im using it now instead of the tenzone cause i dont play 5x a week anymore and concentrate more on coaching so P7 is a viable alternative to both tenzone and T05

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:34pm
yogi how do you compared the rythzm to the calibra lt spin just speed spin to make it easier for you and dwell time

Edited by Sofaires - 02/22/2012 at 6:34pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:40pm
dwell time is almost equal, rhyzm is faster by 10%? my shots are spinnier using the rhyzm

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:44pm
sounds tempting to try it out
xander7803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 9:20pm
so here is the most important question? how is rhyzm compared to T05?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 8:26am
rhyzm has a lower angle, about 10% less spin, almost the same speed but has a greater control and much easier and friendly to use

vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 9:52am
This one got my attention since I have had a good (love) relationship with Joola products in the past and I've been playing with Rhyzm on FH for few days now (about 4-5 hours total). Got if from Deutschland - so dumb of me to get just one rubber, what was I thinking. Reminds me of a somewhat harder version of the good old Joola Express 1, if I have not forgotten what Express 1 used to play and feel (may have to revisit Express 1 at some point).

PS. 
So far so good. It plays well on MMaze. I get the feeling the focus of this rubber was control against spin, esp. against loops/drives. So easy to block and counterloop with it, and the window of opportunity to counterloop effectively is really large. I can't believe it is also reasonably fast. Drives are good. I'd say excellent for driving and counter looping. 

First impressions: Seems like a winner. Good job Joola dudes!

Edited by vvu.tee - 02/23/2012 at 4:06pm
(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial
thunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 8:52pm
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> What about rhyzm compared to X-plode in speed, spin, control and throw angle?

Edited by thunder - 02/23/2012 at 8:55pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 9:31am
almost  same but rhyzm is easier to use

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2012 at 11:29am
a friend of mine bought 2 sheets of Rhyzm (2.0mm) and put them on a Joola Wing Fast blade last week.  He and I both hit with it for a while and both of us were very impressed.  He usually plays with Baracuda and I play with Acuda S3.  Rhyzm is lighter than Baracuda and is easier to play with.  It blocks and hits very well as the rubber has a nice crisp feel to it.  I looped his strong underspin serves with ease, and even though the sponge is firm, the topsheet is soft so it allows you to really grab the ball (good dwell time).  The short game was also very easy as it has very good control, just as Yogi said.  I've played a little with T05 and I also agree that since it's not quite as springy it's easier to control.
The throw angle is pretty high and had plenty of speed/spin away from the table.  Sometimes when you put a sheet of rubber on and give it that first try you just know when something feels right, and that's the impression I had with this rubber.  It just felt great!  Probably one of the best rubbers I've ever tried.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2012 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I'm struggling to see the difference between all of the tensors on the market these days. They are becoming so similar, or at least the marketing blurb makes it almost impossible to see what the differences are.

They probably are all about the same. Probably a little tuning here and there, but I struggle to find any substantial differences. I think each generation has a bit more spin and speed (the German forum I looked at suggests that maybe 10% better than the Vega Pro), but they probably deteriorate that much faster. It is great for the TT companies since they are selling much more with higher profit margins.

I am hoping that the Tuttle Beijing IV works for me and has some durability. Maybe the H2N works without any boosting? Keeping my fingers crossed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic