FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

fastest short pips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fastest short pips
    Posted: 03/13/2012 at 6:38am
another topic to annoy those who do get annoyed

seriously, this is also important for me....
you can see what sp im using, for a while i thought it was the fastest but just not sure right now. help guys
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
Sponsored Links

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2012 at 6:44am
The fastest I tried was Andro Hexer Pips+ vertically aligned. 
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2012 at 6:45am
oh dang, you're only moments away from an iconattack

an ultra common question and in the wrong forum section? yowsa

I've only tried a few short pips, Air Panamera is very fast
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2012 at 6:48am
what about the flarestorm and raystorm?
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2012 at 7:36am
For me the TSP spectol is one of the fastest sp but you need to execute the proper timing.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2012 at 10:32am
flarestorm II is definitely one of the fastest.  I've used TSP Spinpips, Spectol, Raystorm, 802-40, Flarestorm, Flarestorm II, Pistol, tornado ultra, and Diamant all in 2.0 mm, but have recently tried Joola Express Ultra and have to say this is one of the fastest.  These pips don't produce much disturbing or sinking effect, but they have a higher throw than Spectol, Raystorm, and Flarestorm and are much easier to play with.  I would say they are probably about the best SP I've ever played with.  My daughter played with Raystorm and Spectol in 2.0 and max on her FH and kept hitting every 3rd or 4th ball into the net.  After playing 1 time with Ultra Express in max she hits 20 or more in a row with no problem.  What an amazing difference! She is much happier with them and will stick with them.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2012 at 10:51am
*iconattack initiated*

After seeing all of my post-corrections since you joined last year:
Why would think you could get away with posting an Equipment Question in the General Forum?

Wink
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 9:32am
Moved to Equipment Forum
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 9:52am
sorry icontek, i never intend to post on the wrong forum category, i just start a thread whenever something pops out in my mind and never give thought to the forum category
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

TTeveryday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTeveryday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 12:58pm
Hammond FA is quite fast!
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 1:53pm
Well, Spectol 21 offensive sponge is the most commonly known fastest short pips.

I do however wonder how fast the Yasaka Rakza P.O is...
http://www.presports.com/yasaka-rakza-po-rubber-pimples-out-p-1921.html
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 2:40pm
I was fairly disappointed with Spectol speed sponge, I found it slower than Flarestorm and hard to use, Flarestorm at least had a lower throw angle. It might be the different blade I have it on, but I like short pips with soft sponges, Nittaku Moristo SP on my blade at least, is quite fast but I can retain the touch I need and I'm pretty happy with it. Maybe they work better on the backhand than the forehand, or harder blades.

Acudadave, how soft is the joola express?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

I was fairly disappointed with Spectol speed sponge, I found it slower than Flarestorm and hard to use, Flarestorm at least had a lower throw angle. It might be the different blade I have it on, but I like short pips with soft sponges, Nittaku Moristo SP on my blade at least, is quite fast but I can retain the touch I need and I'm pretty happy with it. Maybe they work better on the backhand than the forehand, or harder blades.

Speed sponge and offensive sponge are 2 different things. I recommended offensive sponge. Speed sponge is only good if speed glued. Other than that it is hard and dead.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Speed sponge and offensive sponge are 2 different things. I recommended offensive sponge. Speed sponge is only good if speed glued. Other than that it is hard and dead.

I had to dig out the package, but it's the 21 Offensive sponge, so...I dunno. Probably not suited for an blade like a Firewall. Was thinking of pulling it and my Globe 888 (which I love in my brief hit btw) and putting it on my Hurricane No.2 blade, which is harder.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 3:47pm
Oh I see. Yeah maybe try that. I'm still interested in how that Rakza P.O plays though
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 11:56pm

Well, Spectol 21 offensive sponge is the most commonly known fastest short pips.I do however wonder how fast the Yasaka Rakza P.O is...http://www.presports.com/yasaka-rakza-po-rubber-pimples-out-p-1921.html

they have this?? short pips with tenergy-like sponge???

I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

Well, Spectol 21 offensive sponge is the most commonly known fastest short pips.I do however wonder how fast the Yasaka Rakza P.O is...http://www.presports.com/yasaka-rakza-po-rubber-pimples-out-p-1921.html

they have this?? short pips with tenergy-like sponge???

I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

been around. Hexer pips
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 11:59pm
is this already common? i min sp with tenergy like sponge? what other short pips are like that? does butterfly have that kind of short pipz?
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

an800player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an800player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 12:22am
TSP, look no further!
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 3:57am
tsp SPs are not really fast...
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 4:13am
Originally posted by an800player an800player wrote:

TSP, look no further!

i dont think ITTF will allow a short pips that feels and work like t05
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 4:21am

sorry icontek, i never intend to post on the wrong forum category, i just start a thread whenever something pops out in my mind and never give thought to the forum category

Keep this attitude for your GF. Clap Big smile

Ooops, I remember a Stiga Clippa was very fast

Edited by Imago - 03/26/2012 at 4:24am
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 4:42am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

TSP, look no further!

is there a specific ittf rule for that?
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Keep this attitude for your GF. Clap Big smile

Ooops, I remember a Stiga Clippa was very fast

i dont think so... last i heard clippa is a classic short pips, meaning its not one of the fastest anymore. im looking for short pips with tensor sponge, same as xtend po and rakza po..if you guys are going to tell me flarestorm or raystorm...last i heard they have the same sponge property as bryce. meaning they are fast but still do not utilize the a tenergy-like sponge, which is what i'm looking for
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 4:49am

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

TSP, look no further!

is there a specific ittf rule for that?

ITTF  is discouraging short pips players, like the "rule" that forbid pips shorter than 1mm  , there wasnt a rule ITTF just did it, urban rule..actually there is no appoved short pip under 1mm , that s why  the modern 802 pips are taller..several pips were banned without a rule to back that  not even the equipment guys of the ITTF knew why,i know many will not believe it, members of the about forum mailed ITTF  and this was the response back then
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 6:48am
yet they still made a short pips with a tenergy sponge, in the form of rakza PO

i just hope butterfly will someday make a short pips like that...

Edited by mrdoodzki - 03/26/2012 at 6:48am
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 9:00am
that fastest short pips are 802 on a sponge separately hand tuned with VOC-free booster (before attachment to maintain legality) and less than 4mm total .

the only question is, without stretching the topsheet, would it offer enough advantage?
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 9:20am
try Joola Ultra Express...they have built-in speed glue effect and are very fast.  I've played with Raystorm, Flarestorm, Flarestorm II, and some of TSP's SPs like Spector and Ultra Express are about the best.  Fast with higher throw and good spin capabilities for a SP.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
ituning.technology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 10:15am
In my opinion, JOOLA Express Ultra with max sponge, it has a built-in glue effect and pops when hitting it right on the sweet spot. 

The TSP ones are pretty good too. not as fast but more controlled. 
Equipment:
blade: JOOLA Tusk FL
rubber: JOOLA Custom Drum 2.25/ JOOLA Rhyzm 2.25
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic