Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar 1Q Review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar 1Q Review!
    Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:07am

received the Tibhar 1Q's from the company itself plus the Illusion Killer blade of which I used as a test blade also. This is the latest rubber from Tibhar and opening it from the packaging brought excitement to me. The red rubber has a topsheet similar that of the Joola Rhyzm, Andro Hexer HD and Acuda S1 Turbo. The uncut rubber has designs on the bilateral and upper corner parts. iIt doesnt interfer with the rubber continuity though unless you are using an oversized chopping blade. 

Rubber: Tibhar 1Q max (2.1mm) red and black
Blade: Tibhar Illusion killer (all wood 7 ply off blade)
Glue: Elmer's rubber cement
Uncut Size: 172x175mm (a bit larger than regular tibhar rubbers due to the designs made on the sides. it doesnt have the regular square shape but rather has convex sides and a concave upper part)
Uncut Weight: 67.6 gms
Sponge Hardness: more or less equivalent to a DHS 36-37 degree sponge hardness

Fh to FH; BH to BH driving:

The loud "tok" sound when driving the ball is very evident. The ball sinks beautifully into the sponge giving the rubber an extra kick when driving the ball. I tend to brush the ball a lot eventhough Im hitting the ball through the sponge. The arc was medium to high when driving and the speed is the same with the tibhar aurus.

Serves, Receiving serves and pushing:

Serving was very spinny and produced low flying underspin serves. receiving sidespin serves and other spinny serves werent a problem since this rubber's sensitivty to incoming spin is only average. Pushing is good too. Short pushes are very easy to perform.

Looping: 

I was a bit surprised when I fh looped a hard underspin ball that instead of a high throw even with a late contact on the ball, the ball cleared the net with only an inch or 2. Nevertheless it was very spinny for a slow loop. This rubber is spinnier than the Aurus regular. You could say that the Tibhar Genius is Spinnier than the 1Q on slower loops but on power shots and far away from the table or middle distance, the 1Q performs better. The 1Q is also very forgiving on your shots. On loop drives or spin drives, 1Q performs better than doing slow loops. On bh loops, I fell in love with the 1Q. I had used the Acuda s2 for a long time, the Joola Rhyzm didnt give me enough spin but the 1Q offered both spin and viciousness on my bh loops like the way I had with the Acuda s2. 

Blocking & countering:

Because of its average sensitivity with incoming spin I didn't have any hard time blocking loops. Countering was great mid distance from the table to far from the table distance. Sidespin counter loops have a very profound arc.

Smashing:

At first this rubber felt a lil soft but when i transferred it to a stiga intensity nct blade it felt a lil bit firmer and it was good now for smashing.

Short game:

I did well doing dropshots and flicks both on the fh & bh. The 1Q offered great control on both shots. 

I shifted to the 1Q after testing it for 3 hrs. I made it my bh rubber immediately because it was like I was using a rubber with the feel of a Xiom Vega Europe or Asia, the speed of the Aurus regular and the spin of the regular Genius. i would recommend this to players who play mid distance to far away from the table with a lot of countering and looping in their shots. I would also recommend this to players who are looking for a fast, spinny backhand rubber with a medium soft feel. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:36am
Nice review yogi, I find it has a low throw when looping and driving. It's a very nice fast rubber but a bit pricey for my taste. Agree with it being a "forgiving" rubber...not as touchy as Tenergy's. The packaging is unreal, no wonder it's expensive. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:39am
yeah its about $65.. i really had a low throw when i looped the ball
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 12:07pm

Nice review.

I've tried this rubber on my FH first but ended up I felt more comfortable with it on my BH rubber.
I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 12:51pm
Hello Yogi, first of all, thanks for the very detail review. How is this compare to Adidas P3 or P5 in terms of spin and speed?

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 1:27pm
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 1:36pm
yogi how do you compared this to calibra lt plus for blocking speed and spin and sensitive to incoming spin?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by zhijie zhijie wrote:

Hello Yogi, first of all, thanks for the very detail review. How is this compare to Adidas P3 or P5 in terms of spin and speed?

Adidas P5 is a tad spinnier and more or less the same speed. P3 is definitely faster than 1Q with almost the same spin. 1Q is more controllable than both

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Sofaires Sofaires wrote:

yogi how do you compared this to calibra lt plus for blocking speed and spin and sensitive to incoming spin?

LT plus is definitely faster and has less sensitivity to incoming spin

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 6:23am
had another hit with the 1Q today. and i would say it only takes a day or two for the break-in period. durability seems to be as of the moment. my ratings for this rubber would be:
Speed - 9/10
Spin - 8.5/10
Control - 8.5/10

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2012 at 9:17am
tried it with the stiga intensity nct blade. i think this rubber is best for 5 ply blades. it felt a lil harder though

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 9:24am
i took back what i felt the first day i reviewed it. it feels a lil bit harder now and its good at smashing

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 9:34am
Orange sponge Looks a lot like TinArc, 2.1 / 37degree can you compare side by side?

Where is 1Q made? ESN?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 8:05pm
yup its ESN, Tin arc even with the similar sponge is a class lower than 1Q. if tin arc is a 7.5 in speed, 1Q is an 8.5. 1Q is also spinnier by a margin. It also has a harder topsheet than the tin arc and overall the rubber feels really firm like medium hard

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2012 at 11:54pm
I must admit Tibhar really deserves applaud for making such a durable high performance rubber. I do training 3 times a week and play matches the other days which roughly equates to 10-12 hours/week , and i had used 1Q on my FH for about 2 1/2 months (~110 hours) before i switched the same sheet to my Back hand and i must say the performance is second to none excepting the top sheet has become slightly dull now versus the first month when it was really shiny bright but in terms of control/speed/spin (when sponge engaged) its the same. 
The brush loop with just top sheet did suffer a little bit but hey this rubber is not meant for brushing only and it never is a great technique as i was told. 
Blocks/ Counters / smashes /drives works still great on my back hand with great precision and right throw as i might say (not Low / not medium) and my back hand opening loop was not consistent previously with roundell for what ever reason but with 1Q now it seems very consistent and pushes still are heavily loaded as well. 

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 3:47am
right2niru, you should try the 5Q much even better in spinning

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 3:54am
+5 
5Q is one of the best new kinds on the market in terms of physical integrity and playing characteristics.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 9:55am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

right2niru, you should try the 5Q much even better in spinning

Yes I already have that coming in mail , read your reviews about it and kinda excited to try that one too. Only thing that worries me is I am always used to 1.9/2.0 but the 5q I ordered was 2.1 hopefully it isn't a beast to control.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 10:56am
How are the flat hits with the 5Q????? If I remember correctly Yogi had mentioned a problem with this rubber and flat hits/Smashes
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 1:05pm
Hi Yogi, thanks for the review in great detail. How to compare Nittaku Narucross GS hard-  spin and speed?

Edited by nikk64 - 07/04/2012 at 1:08pm
Butterfly Boll Tricarbon off , FH- Armstrong Attack 8 PZC-SP EX-X- 4.0 , RPB-Butterfly Tenergy 80-FX- max
video-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vx5
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2012 at 1:39am
sorry nikk, havent tried the narucross gs

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2012 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

How are the flat hits with the 5Q????? If I remember correctly Yogi had mentioned a problem with this rubber and flat hits/Smashes

i adjusted my angle a bit and its good at smashing now but still the 1Q is better in flat hitting and smashing than the 5Q,

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2012 at 2:16am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

i adjusted my angle a bit and its good at smashing now but still the 1Q is better in flat hitting and smashing than the 5Q,

Yogi_bear, is the throw angle of 5Q higher than 1Q or about the same ?
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2012 at 6:09am
higher

LaRedoute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRedoute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2012 at 7:27am
is 1q a heavy rubber compared to aurus and genius with equal tickness? 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2012 at 4:34am
yes its heavier and has a harder sponge

LaRedoute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRedoute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2012 at 7:14am
are you sure? i read that genius is 47 deg and 1q is 45 deg?!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2012 at 8:09am
the 1Q has a harder feel than the genius. I can sink the ball onto the genius' sponge but not as much with the 1Q

VladiTT View Drop Down
Post #57918

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladiTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2012 at 7:38am
yogi have you tried 1q hd ?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2012 at 7:39am
i think u meant 1Q xd.. nope im still waiting for it together with the icon and xeon sensitec blades taht tibhar sent me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic