FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar 5Q review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar 5Q review
    Posted: 06/03/2012 at 9:34pm
happy to receive the tibhar 5Q from Tibhar Germany. I was excited about the 5Q since its supposedly spinnier than its 1Q brother. The rubber comes in a black and red shiny packaging is a $52 usd rubber that is in great quality.

specs:
Rubbers: red and black 5Q max
Uncut weight: approx 67-68 grams
Dimensions: 172x175mm
Hardness: the packaging says its medium but i would rate it as closer to being medium hard. its softer than its 1Q brother by 2-3 degrees approx. 
Glue: elmer's rubber cement
Blades used: Tibhar Sigma Sensitec, Texo C7 and Texo Off

The red rubber looks different from 1Q because the 5Q has a deeper color in red unlike 1Q which has a lighter red color similar that of the S1 turbo and Joola Rhyzm.

Strengths:

Speed - very fast. its in the same level of speed with the Rakza 7, Acuda S1 (not the turbo) and the Tibhar Aurus. on soft and hard drives the rubber is  bouncy.

Spin - on serving it is spinner than the 1Q. The rubber grips the ball better. Its not as bouncy as the 1Q so you can spin better with it. On pushing I would rate it as excellent as it gives a low spinny pushes. On loops this rubber is outstanding. The 1Q fell short for my liking because it was more of a counter topspin rubber or a hitting rubber. The 5Q has a more profound arc than the 1Q and the ball buries itself deeper into the sponge than other medium hard rubbers creating a more potential for spin. If other people have found rakza 7 easy to loop with then the 5q is much easier by a small margin. The 5Q is better at close to the table to mid distance looping only. On the backhand, being a major backhand player, the 5Q is excellent on bh looping. Control was easyand doing a late contact on the ball produces a high arc spinny ball. 

Counter topspin - not as fast as the 1Q is on countering but still offers a lot of speed with more spin.

Average performance:

Blocking - blocking is average with this rubber but there are other better blocking rubbers. 

Smashing - as what I have said this is more of a looping rubber. it seems even with its hard sponge the rubber is average to above average in terms of smashing. also every time i smash with it, the ball sounds like a cracked ball being hit by the racket. 

Cons:

Weight - some players would find the weight at 67-68 grams a bit heavy 

Distance - players who stay away from the table would need to swing harder. this is a close to the table to mid distance rubber.

Conclusion:

This is an A+ grade looping rubber in the level of Adidas P7, Andro Hexer HD and Rakza 7 rubbers. It is also a good and cheaper alternative to Tenergy rubbers. No it doesn't feel like a T05 but the speed and spin it produces are very close to it. I would recommend this to players who wanted a spinny but faster rubber on their forehands. Also recommended to players who stay close to the table and attacking mostly using 3rd ball attacks as this rubber is excellent in both serving and spinning. Medium stiff blades are recommended for maintaining enough speed and stiffer blades are better for this rubber if you are an all out attacker

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

sampa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sampa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 12:42am
Hi , yogi_bear
5Q look same as ADIDAS TENZONE SF ?
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 1:28am
sir how is it compared to aurus?
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 2:12am
Great review and picture yogi!Clap
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 2:19am
Originally posted by sampa sampa wrote:

Hi , yogi_bear
5Q look same as ADIDAS TENZONE SF ?

looks almost the same but different in feel and slower. also the 5q is harder
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 2:20am
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

sir how is it compared to aurus?

aurus is faster 5q is spinnier and has a higher arc

haggisv, my friend lend me his digital cam with a very good macro mode. thanks

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 5:35am

Is 5q better in active blocking rather than passive blocking?

How hard would this rubber be on the DHS scale?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Is 5q better in active blocking rather than passive blocking?

How hard would this rubber be on the DHS scale?

more like 37-38 degrees. i have tried it again today with a yinhe t-10 blade balsa carbon and its really good. i think its between adidas tenzone and tenzone sf in sponge hardness but with the same amount of spin the tenzone can produce. passive blocking are average to above average

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 10:05am

Would 5Q be suited more as a forehand rubber than a backhand rubber on a stiff, hard blade?

Would it be too fast in 2.1mm?

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 10:14am
not too fast for me. the arc compensates for its speed. i think its good for both sides

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 10:32am
Hi Yogi Bear,

Please :) do not forget about Texo blade reviews.

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 10:35am
igzo, no problem. i will post one tomorrow, the texo off is still under testing. the C7 is the one that will be posted tomorrow

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 1:20pm
What do you personally think is better on the backhand, Rakza 9 2.0 or 5q 2.1?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

igzo, no problem. i will post one tomorrow, the texo off is still under testing. the C7 is the one that will be posted tomorrow

"igzo"  LOL I like that :)
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

What do you personally think is better on the backhand, Rakza 9 2.0 or 5q 2.1?

if my distance of playing is far from the table i would choose rakza 9, if its mid distance to close to the table 5Q owns the rakza 9 because of its spin. i really like how it bites the ball when you graze it

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 8:55pm
Any review for the Eagle Carbon yet Yogi?
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2012 at 9:31pm

Any good place online to get 5Q max and 2.0/1.9?

I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 2:21am
Yogi, I love your reviews but u have to use water based glue for the reviews. Forget about the rules - RC just changes the characteristics of the rubber. RC and water based glue never feel quite the same even after a week to me. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 5:50am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Yogi, I love your reviews but u have to use water based glue for the reviews. Forget about the rules - RC just changes the characteristics of the rubber. RC and water based glue never feel quite the same even after a week to me. 

nah it doesnt affect much and i never reglue my rubbers. i just hate the WBG. also there is very lilttle amount of expansion in my rubbers. for me elmer's rubber cement is still a good alternative

Skynums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 7:30am
I switched to elmer's rc and I heard the loud sound like a cracked ball you mentioned the first time I used my racket. Guess it's the elmers causing it.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 7:55am
after 3 days of using it its still the same

Skynums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 9:02am
As long as you are using the elmer's it's still the same.
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2012 at 11:35pm
Hi Yogi, I am looking for an upgrade to Aurus Soft. How would you compare 5Q and Aurus Soft???? 
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2012 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

Hi Yogi, I am looking for an upgrade to Aurus Soft. How would you compare 5Q and Aurus Soft???? 

these 2 are in different leagues. the 5Q that im using now is kinda faster the first day i was using it. its spinnier than the aurus soft too with a higher angle

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2012 at 2:43pm
Hi Yogi, now i how it plays but how does it sound? Smile
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2012 at 8:19pm
it has a funny loud sound. when you hit the ball its like playing a cracked ball, that's how it sounds like. weird thing, when i was using it in a yinhe t10 balsa carbon blade it was very controllable but when i placed it in a 7 ply all wood blade it was too bouncy (7 ply like clippers)

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2012 at 1:25pm
thanks
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 1:11am

happy to receive the tibhar 5Q from Tibhar Germany. I was excited about the 5Q since its supposedly spinnier than its 1Q brother. The rubber comes in a black and red shiny packaging is a $52 usd rubber that is in great quality.

specs:
Rubbers: red and black 5Q max
Uncut weight: approx 67-68 grams
Dimensions: 172x175mm
Hardness: the packaging says its medium but i would rate it as closer to being medium hard. its softer than its 1Q brother by 2-3 degrees approx. 
Glue: elmer's rubber cement
Blades used: Tibhar Sigma Sensitec, Texo C7 and Texo Off

The red rubber looks different from 1Q because the 5Q has a deeper color in red unlike 1Q which has a lighter red color similar that of the S1 turbo and Joola Rhyzm.

Strengths:

Speed - very fast. its in the same level of speed with the Rakza 7, Acuda S1 (not the turbo) and the Tibhar Aurus. on soft and hard drives the rubber is  bouncy.

Spin - on serving it is spinner than the 1Q. The rubber grips the ball better. Its not as bouncy as the 1Q so you can spin better with it. On pushing I would rate it as excellent as it gives a low spinny pushes. On loops this rubber is outstanding. The 1Q fell short for my liking because it was more of a counter topspin rubber or a hitting rubber. The 5Q has a more profound arc than the 1Q and the ball buries itself deeper into the sponge than other medium hard rubbers creating a more potential for spin. If other people have found rakza 7 easy to loop with then the 5q is much easier by a small margin. The 5Q is better at close to the table to mid distance looping only. On the backhand, being a major backhand player, the 5Q is excellent on bh looping. Control was easyand doing a late contact on the ball produces a high arc spinny ball. 

Counter topspin - not as fast as the 1Q is on countering but still offers a lot of speed with more spin.

Average performance:

Blocking - blocking is average with this rubber but there are other better blocking rubbers. 

Smashing - as what I have said this is more of a looping rubber. it seems even with its hard sponge the rubber is average to above average in terms of smashing. also every time i smash with it, the ball sounds like a cracked ball being hit by the racket. 

Cons:

Weight - some players would find the weight at 67-68 grams a bit heavy 

Distance - players who stay away from the table would need to swing harder. this is a close to the table to mid distance rubber.

Conclusion:

This is an A+ grade looping rubber in the level of Adidas P7, Andro Hexer HD and Rakza 7 rubbers. It is also a good and cheaper alternative to Tenergy rubbers. No it doesn't feel like a T05 but the speed and spin it produces are very close to it. I would recommend this to players who wanted a spinny but faster rubber on their forehands. Also recommended to players who stay close to the table and attacking mostly using 3rd ball attacks as this rubber is excellent in both serving and spinning. Medium stiff blades are recommended for maintaining enough speed and stiffer blades are better for this rubber if you are an all out attacker

How sensitive is it to the incoming spin ?

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 5:39am
it has less sensitivity to spin compared to tenergy 05

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 7:27am

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

nah it doesnt affect much and i never reglue my rubbers. i just hate the WBG. also there is very lilttle amount of expansion in my rubbers. for me elmer's rubber cement is still a good alternative

The current gen ESN rubbers like Acuda and Coppa play different with RC than with WBG.

AcudaDave pointed this out to me and then I tested it.

For example Acuda S3 with WBG has noticeably more spin and less speed using Dian Chi WBG compared to when I used Elmers.

I think the solvents in RC react with whatever ESN is using to tune these rubbers.

The reason I say "tune" is because these sponges shrink and reverse dome when switching blades (whether you use RC or WBG).

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic