FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Aurus Soft review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Aurus Soft review
    Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:07am

received the Tibhar Aurus Soft from Tibhar Germany together with other stuff which I have reviewed earlier. I wanted to try the aurus soft because I was not a bit happy with the regular Aurus because for me it needs a little more spin. 

Specs:

Tibhar Aurus Soft black and red max 
Weight - 60-62 grams uncut
size - 170x170mm
hardness - it says soft but its really medium when i pressed my finger on it. 
speed - off
blade - Tibhar Sigma Sensitec blade
glue - elmer's rubber cement

this 37 euro rubber is an esn rubber and has smaller pores compared to the 1Q and 5Q rubbers. its not as heavy as teh s1 turbo and slightly lighter than the regular Aurus.

The good:

good speed - not too fast and not as fast as the regular aurus, 1q or 5Q. Lesser speed than the calibra LT+ rubbers but still bouncy on slow and fast strokes. it less faster than the regular aurus but it has better feel on the ball when the ball partially sinks into the sponge when you are driving the ball.

above average spin - unlike the regular aurus which I find really needing a bit more spin on my shots, the aurus soft is spinnier by some laps. teh regular aurus has a low arc on loops. the aurus soft has a slightly higher arc like medium high. 

Looping - good looping rubber. Medium arc and with spin. I enjoyed it better as a backhand rubber.

high control - very controllable on fast shots because of its medium sponge and good feel when hitting the ball. blocking is also very good since this rubber is very controllable even on punch blocks

the bad:

I cant think of anything though I can say it doesn't have properties that stand out among its other tibhar brothers except maybe for its good control. 

Conclusion:

I would rather have this as a backhand rubber. It was a good backhand rubber while using it with the Tibhar sensitec blade and 5Q on the fh. For blocking, bh loops and counters this is a good choice. Also good for intermediate players who want a faster rubber but not too fast and still offer control and spin. A 7.5/10 rubber in performance.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 8:14am
I'm using aurus soft on a tube carbo and I've tried aurus before.
I agree with you but I dont think aurus soft is spinnier than aurus. Arc is higher maybe but aurus soft doesnt bite the ball like aurus.
Service, recieve, openjing topspins are spinnier with aurus.
Aurus soft is a great mid distance controlled topspin rubber.
Aurus allows you to play closer to the table. And you can take the ball early.

I'm gonna use aurus soft because blocking is easier with aurus soft especially if you're playing with a fast blade like tube carbo.
Ps: tuning works just fine...

Edited by TSuBaSa - 06/09/2012 at 8:16am
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 10:21am
i find it spinnier by a tad. i was looping it against a friend who have blocked against me using aurus and aurus soft and he claims its spinnier. also i think technique is also involved as i was able to spin the aurus soft better especially due to its a lil bit softer sponge than the regular aurus the ball partially sinks into the sponge and helps greatly in making more spin
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 4:26pm
Can anyone review tibhar genius series rubbers? I have never seen detailed review. Only comparison with tenergy (from someone adicted) or how it is "a little bit less spinier" or something like this. Can  anyone compare it with the new tibhar products?
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2012 at 1:31pm
The Tibhar Aurus was a disaster for me anyway and I found the soft version much better with good spin and good speed and much better in all aspects of the game compared to the Aurus regular. Just a side note here the 1Q is an awesome rubber at nearly double the price but the difference is huge. Awesome rubber!!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2012 at 7:49pm
carryboy, the 1Q is good but the 5Q is spinnier and has a higher throw

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2012 at 1:23am
Yogi, what is the weight of the 5Q like compared to 1Q.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
blizzardz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blizzardz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2012 at 3:05am
I use Aurus Soft for my FH and Aurus for my BH; i like my BH for Aurus gives awsum control. I am a tad disappointed with Aurus Softas its not VERY spinny - as i had expected it to be. Both of these are SPI rubbers and you dont actually have to 'hit' the ball, if angled correctly, the rubber does the rest of the talking. Aurus has a better control for my RPB than Aurus Soft.

I hear Genius Optimum and 5Q are great too; i need to try that once i am done with DHS and LKT ;)
I am what I am Becoming.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2012 at 7:16am
both 1Q and 5Q are heavy, the 5Q is about 66-67grams uncut and the 1Q at about 67-68 grams

golfnumeric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnumeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2012 at 8:44am
I'm now using Aurus Sound. It is advertised as a very soft rubber. However, it has a solid feel although when I press my finger on the topsheet, it seems to be soft, but it doesn't give a good soft feel. It's also too heavy for a soft rubber. I'm disappointed...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:48pm
how soft is Aurus soft as compared to T05, Acuda S2, Bluefire M2 or T05FX?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 7:30pm
the rubbers you mentioned are harder than the aurus soft but the t05fx is a lil bit nearer

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 5:50am
I have used Aurus Soft max x 2 on my lovely M.Maze in the 1st half in our 2nd league this competitive year 2012/2013. My team is at 2nd place for now, in spite of I am injured with my knee and I don't play my best.
These rubbers Aurus Soft are not SOFT and this is the reason I ordered Aurus Sound first, but I found the Sound model is the softest just after testing.  I don't like the standard Aurus with white sponge - it is heavy and hard rubber with very good spin, I think even its spin is better than the SOFT or SOUND when you place it on harder blade. Soft model is with the highest level of control. I think also the Sound model is too soft and it has not good speed or spin. Very hard to play with it far of the table and too bad on blocking near to the table on soft carbon like M.Maze Off.
Aurus Soft is very good rubber - high speed (more than T05), good spin (T05 is better), good control in all kind of strokes. It is universal rubber. The bad news about this rubber is because too fast it lost the original color of the top-sheet.

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 7:05am
Aurus soft is a lot less bouncy and a bit softer.
I dont know why but it feels a bit less spinny than tegular aurus and throw angle is lower.

Still its pretty spinny and spinnier than acuda s2. But not "tenergy spinny"

With 7 ply or carbon blades its really good but with 5ply allwood blades it feels a bit dead and slow. But if you use a bit of booster than its just fine...

I guess I was unlucky because. I bought 4 of them(3 black one red) and they got bubles in one week... So switched t05 fx.
T 05 fx is faster spinnier bouncier but there is less ball feeling and thanks to high throw angle blocking is not that easy...
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 7:10am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Aurus Soft is very good rubber - high speed (more than T05), good spin (T05 is better), good control in all kind of strokes.

Give me a break! Even aurus is slower than tenergy aurus soft is way too slow for tenergy.
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 11:07am
It seem my friend Vladi / Olimpsport gave me a great samples :) Lot of the players here are using T05 and Aurus Soft is definitely more speedy rubber. That is the reason all my friends who bought Aurus Soft after a week they returned back to the T05 or Q1-Q5 because these rubbers are with more control and harder sponge with more spin. I don't use boosters. :)

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 12:15pm
Agree to disagree
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic