Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rapscallion by Ross Leidy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
rabanitorosario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabanitorosario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2012 at 3:25am
Wuao! It took me several minutes to read all the review installments and the other posts, but it seems I should be getting this blade anytime soon? Ross, what is the waiting time?

Often craftsmen that create TT blades would create a new blade with other blades already in the market in mind. So, I wonder to which other blade are you pairing it?

Edited by rabanitorosario - 09/29/2012 at 3:26am
1950 USATT
BBC 1Ply Cypress
Innerforce ZLC
FH T64FX Red
Former Member of Puerto Rico's National Team
BH T80 Black
Sponsored Links

Ross Leidy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross Leidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by rabanitorosario rabanitorosario wrote:

Wuao! It took me several minutes to read all the review installments and the other posts, but it seems I should be getting this blade anytime soon? Ross, what is the waiting time?

Often craftsmen that create TT blades would create a new blade with other blades already in the market in mind. So, I wonder to which other blade are you pairing it?

It was not my intent to mimic any other blade, although when I built the prototype I had just completed a custom blade similar to the Violin.  Perhaps there was some influence there.  Both have kiri cores.  Both have similar hardness outer plies.  But, that's about the extent of their similarities.  

The waiting list is running out about a month right now.  Send me an email or PM if you'd like me to reserve a spot. 
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 12:59am
Too many lettars in this topic-review, don't know about others but for me all the matter things succcesfully drowned  somewhere in an endless parts /messages... etc. 
Ross, pls, give the blade to the sound forum member with great knowlege base for comparisons with some benchmarks. And simple clear review will be made. If that big-brands-marketing-hyping-BS is not your actual goal Smile
[no intention to offense caballero]

Edited by vic#74 - 09/30/2012 at 1:01am
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabanitorosario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Ross Leidy Ross Leidy wrote:

Originally posted by rabanitorosario rabanitorosario wrote:

It was not my intent to mimic any other blade, although when I built the prototype I had just completed a custom blade similar to the Violin.  Perhaps there was some influence there.  Both have kiri cores.  Both have similar hardness outer plies.  But, that's about the extent of their similarities.  

The waiting list is running out about a month right now.  Send me an email or PM if you'd like me to reserve a spot. 

Ross, Thanks. I will pm you as soon as I have the silver.
1950 USATT
BBC 1Ply Cypress
Innerforce ZLC
FH T64FX Red
BH T80 Black

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabanitorosario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 2:41am
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

Too many lettars in this topic-review, don't know about others but for me all the matter things succcesfully drowned  somewhere in an endless parts /messages... etc. 
Ross, pls, give the blade to the sound forum member with great knowlege base for comparisons with some benchmarks. And simple clear review will be made. If that big-brands-marketing-hyping-BS is not your actual goal Smile
[no intention to offense caballero]

Vic, yes, you have missed the point, and not everybody suffers from attention deficit disorder. Even if you would respond only to quick and superficial messages your questions would have been answered here. Ross gave the blade to more than one reviewer, and, more than once, there is a clear and simple blade review here.
1950 USATT
BBC 1Ply Cypress
Innerforce ZLC
FH T64FX Red
BH T80 Black
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 6:12am
Yeee...we ve got here  60+ posts and still waiting for...17th part of the review or finishing points or IDK what else...very simple and clear, sure Big smile  
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabanitorosario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 7:05am

Yeee...we ve got here  60+ posts and still waiting for...17th part of the review or finishing points or IDK what else...very simple and clear, sure Big smile  

Your insipid sarcasm appears to match your carelessness. Again, you seem to miss the point. It was explained from the start to be a comprehensive review, and that is how I took it. The simple facts were also given from the start. What irks me the most is that you seem to diminish the efforts here invested just because you did not care to read.

Edited by rabanitorosario - 09/30/2012 at 7:34am
1950 USATT
BBC 1Ply Cypress
Innerforce ZLC
FH T64FX Red
BH T80 Black
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 8:05am
Does a TT blade need a sooooooooooo "comprehensive" review ? Can a lowish level guy make such a review? Dont mislead yourself...the best he can do  - straight comparison with TBS Korbel and Acoustic, it would be more than enough. No need to make PhD worksheet from sharing your experience with a TT blade. Imo & final post here.     

Edited by vic#74 - 09/30/2012 at 8:06am
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross Leidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 4:22pm
I fully expected this review to be out-of-the-ordinary when I suggested the idea to Caballero.  He and I had exchanged a number of emails about a blade project beforehand, and I appreciated the way he expressed himself.    I also read a couple of his scholarly articles online as part of my due-diligence, and found that he had an easy, articulate style.   That led me to suggest the blade review, and I have not been disappointed in the results.  It's not often that you see a review that incorporates such creative expression, which may have been misidentified as hype.  I aim for creative expression in my blade building, and I appreciate it in this review.    
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Ross Leidy Ross Leidy wrote:

I fully expected this review to be out-of-the-ordinary when I suggested the idea to Caballero.  He and I had exchanged a number of emails about a blade project beforehand, and I appreciated the way he expressed himself.    I also read a couple of his scholarly articles online as part of my due-diligence, and found that he had an easy, articulate style.   That led me to suggest the blade review, and I have not been disappointed in the results.  It's not often that you see a review that incorporates such creative expression, which may have been misidentified as hype.  I aim for creative expression in my blade building, and I appreciate it in this review.    

I'm glad you appreciate it. I think it's getting a bit silly at this point, but if people want to keep reading, that's their prerogative.
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 7:06pm
If i get the blade as scheduled i will write a review.

caballero's review was good enough to open the interest about the rapscallion blade.
now let's go to put in the ring the rapscallion in a fight.

i have good hopes about the blade. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Hozze View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 8:45pm
I have a variant of the blade coming in a while, C-pen with spruce instead of mahogny as the medial ply. I'll put a review up as well. We all express ourselves differently, nothing wrong with that. I'm sure there's something useful in all reviews as long as they're as informed and honest as possible.
watchski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 8:50pm
Another picture of my new Ross Leidy blade:  I blade 7 hours in the last two days with this blade... its unreal...  
Blades:
Ross Leidy (Nemesis)
Ross Leidy (Canxan)
Ross Leidy (Rapscallion)
Infinity VPS

Rubbers:
Nittaku S-1
Tenergy 80FX 1.9mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabanitorosario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 8:53pm

Can a lowish level guy make such a review?  

It is important to identify the language and spirit of arrogance some people may have so we can duly pay respect to them. This forum is full of well-intended people who do their best to relate well to others. But I think this quote highlights the low levels we don't want to reach too often. 
1950 USATT
BBC 1Ply Cypress
Innerforce ZLC
FH T64FX Red
BH T80 Black
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 11:10pm
Caballero, thanks for your information. I hate the hollow sound, and I am relieved to hear that it has a clicking sound.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2012 at 1:21am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

If i get the blade as scheduled i will write a review.

caballero's review was good enough to open the interest about the rapscallion blade.
now let's go to put in the ring the rapscallion in a fight.

i have good hopes about the blade. 

+1
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
caballero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caballero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2012 at 5:31am

Our intention, clearly spelled at the opening shots, was to encourage a conversation in which others would join with questions and even reviews of their own. So, come in, the water is fine. As with most threads, it ends when we all decide to do so.

As explained before, what I have been sharing here was produced by my coach (a respected figure in the sport), other high level players and myself. I was going to do most of the writing, but this was decidedly a group project (the names were given previously), and clearly not the work of a simple amateur player. 

We happily invested time and (not so happy) money hoping to receive joy and education, and in return it yielded lots of material. But we were also sincerely wanting to share. Ross and I knew we were taking a risk with this format, but we went ahead with it for the sake of innovation. The tragedy that stroke my family, however, seriously delayed my posts. So, apologies to those who have found it inconvenient. 

In this thread we have shared more analysis and information than found in ordinary reviews. So, I will be reducing my participation after this comparison with other blade, analysis of rubbers, surface & re-gluing, and comments on the throw angle, gears, and a few other nuisances (“bad”?) --and I will try to make it as short as possible. :)  (there are two new video clips on this post)

Against Other Blades

I have written more in-depth in other posts about how the Rapscallion fares with other blades. Here I just want to offer an idea of where this blade fits in a continuum. We call it a loopers’ dream because it flexes well while also shooting incredibly powerful. Its semi-stiff and grabbing abilities promote both brush and mechanical spins. So, within these traits, the Rapscallion leaves in the dust all low and mid levels blades (Palio’s Carbon, Andro’s Kinetic, BBC 1Ply), and still out-steps Timo Boll Spirit, ALC and Andro Zylon, offering the player the power of the Carbon with the smoothness of the wood (Zylon nears the Rapscallion on its "feel"). 

Rubbers

I dressed the Rapscallion with tensors and non-tensors, and found that tensors work slightly better (rubbers mentioned in a previous post). The basis of comparing this specific aspect of the review were five other blades dressed exactly the same. 

Palio TN Double Carbon

Andro Kinetic Off, Kiso Hinoki Zylon

BBC 1Ply

American Hinoki WRC-9

Timo Boll Spirit

What I noticed was that, even after accounting for the particular characteristics of each rubber, the Palio and the WRC 9 played at their expected levels with both tensors and non-tensors. Perhaps because of its thickness, the BBC 1Ply played markedly better with tensors (particularly fast ones). The Rapscallion, as well as the Andro and the TBs, would play only slightly better with tensors. 

This means that while the Rapscallion shines with tensors, those preferring Chinese rubbers would hardly notice the difference in performance. That there is a slight difference was “proven” when I tuned the non-tensors (which I did for analysis and pure fun!). Stupendous performance! In fact, not even the tensors worked as well (non-tensors were transformed by the tuning far more markedly than tensors). 

So, if you don’t mind the inconveniences of tuning and will not be playing in a tourney anytime soon, your tuning will make this blade something out of this world. (I don’t recommend tuning for tournaments or for what should be a fair competition)

Comparative Table

The areas of comparative analysis were (these are general-aggregate data; as always, a few rubbers would be hard to classify):

Blocking: 

• Tensors: Better
  • Non-Tensors: Better +
  • Tuned Rubber: Average 

Spiny-Power Looping:

• Tensors: Better +
  • Non-Tensors: Good +
  • Tuned Rubber: Superb

Spiny Chops:

• Tensors: good
  • Non-Tensors: Better +

Drives and Pushes

• Tensors: Good
  • Non-Tensors: Better
  • Tuned Rubber: Good

Over-the-Net Flips

• Tensors: Better +
  • Non-Tensors: Good

Spiny Serves (under, side and top spins; compete with its looping abilities)

• Tensors: Superb
  • Non-Tensors: Superb

Flat Hitting and Smashing (weakest area; perhaps because of its arc and flex, but it was still appropriate)

• Tensors: Good
  • Non-Tensors: Average

In the end, I kept T64FX and T05 longer because I found I could loop and chop, play on extremes, much better with this combination (in fact, it was like a dream come true). Coach Dan Notestein’s written review was based on the following setup: T64FX and Narrators Super Soft. However, he was happier when he received back the blade with T05 on both sides. 

Though I commonly prefer thick rubbers, medium thickness appeared to work better than what I expected on this blade. T64FX, Bluefire, Spin-Art, Xiom Euro, and Sun pro on 1.9 thickness had better control.  Not surprisingly, TG3 Neo was a hit on this blade when heavily tuned with Falco Long Term, but even Globe 999 National was spectacular when tuned. 

Tuning, however, made 

Surface Durability on re-gluing

Players who have changed rubbers to ordinary blades might recall that this exercise often can become a pain. In the last 5 months I have changed more rubbers than I can count, and I have always had several cases where the rubbers just break into pieces or that the outer veneer splinters, or that fibers come out with the rubber. Well, like with the Hinoki and the Cypress woods, the Masur Birch is a re-gluer’s dream. It was easy to spread both water-base glue (Hinoki and Cypress don’t like water) and contact cement. And easier to take the rubber out. As it shows in this video, it was a child’s play!

The Bad or too fast for a beginner?

It is very easy to have read this (unconventional) review as if saying that any player would immediately love the blade’s performance. Once again, this blade will perpetually frustrate players who stay mostly on the defense. It will also prove challenging at first to mid level players (USATT 1600s?). But for experienced players, this blade will become part of their hands after only a few strokes. That was the difference between coach Notestein, Mr. Wu (2240) and myself. It took me a few hours of intensive game to start learning to control the blocking, and particularly, the throw angle. But, as this clip attempts to show, coach Notestein and Mr. Wu were able to control the monster blade in less than 20 minutes (yet, while Dan wanted the Rapscallion, Mr. Wu preferred slower blades because they are less exhausting). So, this blade’s control is relatively medium for mid-level players, but good for advanced players. 

As mentioned in another post, the throw angle can be tricky. It is one of the most notable initial difficulties; it took me a few days to figure it out well. Half of the other players did not experienced it as bad as I did. But we speculated that it may have to do with the blade’s flexibility. It seems that as the blade flexes it has a variety of gears and throw angles happening in a relatively rapid succession. However, let’s not confused this behavior with the almost unpredictable response of the Balsa. The Kiri is more consistent. But it took me some time to learn to use these gears well. 

Conclusion

It should be pretty clear by now that we are very happy with this blade, and that we have reached this point after careful comparison and analysis of its traits. What makes this blade unique above all is its superior craftsmanship. Ross’ hands made this blade with such attention that is impossible to match on a factory (and I know this because he sent me daily updates about his work with the blade). Also unique is its composition which allows us to have two blades in one: one with the necessary flexibility to grab the ball on a loop, and one with the necessary horsepower to shoot the ball with accuracy and power far from the table (it will not bottom down easily). The blade’s unquestioned and stunning aesthetics is just the frosting on the cake (yet, there are some that prefer the frosting). 

Edited by caballero - 10/01/2012 at 7:25am
Hurray for independent blade-makers:

Leidy's Rapscallion
Charlie's 1Ply & 9-10-9
American Hinoki's WRC Quantum 3-ply

Feedback Caballero
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2012 at 8:18am
I like the match Mr.Wu Dan Notestein. A hell of a match.

If the rapscallion fits Dan i think it will fit me. Smile
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
watchski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2012 at 9:54pm
Dan's hair seemed to keep getting in his way...  
Blades:
Ross Leidy (Nemesis)
Ross Leidy (Canxan)
Ross Leidy (Rapscallion)
Infinity VPS

Rubbers:
Nittaku S-1
Tenergy 80FX 1.9mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabanitorosario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2012 at 12:59am
Originally posted by watchski watchski wrote:

Dan's hair seemed to keep getting in his way...  

Yeah, it is so funny, as if he is over-conscious about being filmed.

Yet, he has some power, in those loops. 
1950 USATT
BBC 1Ply Cypress
Innerforce ZLC
FH T64FX Red
BH T80 Black
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 1:16am
Here is my small contribution to the Rapscallion reviews.
Ross was kind enough to add me in the test program considering I have already purchased 3 Sotto Voces.
For making things easier I will shorten names such as :
Rapscallion = R
Sotto Voce Mahogany = SVM,
Sotto Voce Limba = SVL,
Sotto Vocce Alaskan Yellow Cedar = SVAYC .
He made me my favorite conical handle which is, I must say, the most comfortable conical I have ever had.

[/URL]

Blade is 84gr, about 6mm thick.

The R blade is light, only 3 grs lighter than SV's but feels much lighter than that. Correct me if I'm wrong,Ross, but I suspect the handle to be "less hollow" than the two last SVL and SVAYC you did to me.
The balance is closer to the handle. I was worried about the extra flex people were advertising about this blade, but it's not so prononced. It is definitively flexier than any SV but still stable enough to provide good control for blocking and driving. This is what I find to be the most complicated thing to achieve with any blade. The balance between flexibility and stiffness. Flex adds power for mid-distance play but brings difficulties over or close to the table. The R fits both distances.
To be honest, I have struggled a bit to find the right rubbers because the speed range is not what I'm acquainted to. I'm an Off blade player. This blade is rather Off- than Off. Besides the throw angle is medium/high, I like medium/low. Fortunately, I usually play with 2.0mm rubbers, meaning I can easily adjust thickness. I first started with 2.1mm T64 FH and 2.0mm Joola Express one BH. FH was ok but too high throw, my loops were long and unprecise. BH much too slow. I reversed BH/FH and found it much better. I was on the right track. Like the 3 SV I got, German tensors fit better FH and Tenergylikes BH. Most of the blades I play are behaving quite the opposite way. Still it was too slow. I then put Express one max FH and found out it was very good. Joola EO is sharp 45° very low throw which is balancing relative high throw of the blade. Then, BH went with Xiom omega IV 2.0mm which is my favorite BH rubber on SVM. Not good, much too slow. I ended up with Xiom vega asia max. Perfect !
To give you and idea of speed range, R with max 45° german tensor is still a bit slower than SVM with 2.0mm. My rubbers are specially selected for lightness. The final combo weight went to 172gr with overgrip and edgetape. My elbow tendinosis was very grateful...I am used to play with 178-182gr setups. Problem I usually face with lighter combos is lack of power. Here, oddly enough, nothing like that. I could launch my arm full swing and get very precise loops and very powerfull too. The control is high above average. Much bigger than SVM. It's not surprising since it's a slower blade. R is about same speed compared to SVL and SVAYC. But R is much much better than the last two ! R has a very long dwell time and relative flexibility enables to loop again and again very easily. Looks like Masur birch "grabs" the ball and keep it long. I wonder why this specy hasn't been used before ? Cost, maybe ?
SVL and SVAYC are too stiff compared to R. R provides excellent and reliable feedback. No vibration at all.
In short, R is a looper's blade. It will perfectly fit offensive players with versatile skills. People who prefer light blades over heavy setups.
Guys who enjoy speed monsters, hitters, pip players should stay away from R blade. I will keep this R for a while and will try to digg in its possibilities deeper. I have happily played with the SVM last year and chances are good that I play the R this year.
Franckly speaking, I can't say which one of the two I prefer. Yesterday, at my official match, I played with R really good and managed to defeat a guy I had never won before. My loops were amazingly consistent and I commited much fewer mistakes than usually.
I realise that praising this blade is not very helpful to you. You certainly could have used few constructive critics . Sorry, I have nothing wrong to say about this R blade. (Even the name fancies me...).

Edited by Jolan - 06/15/2014 at 2:45am
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
r0b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 1:24am
Thanks for the nice review jcdi.
I see the Rossi Emotion in your signature. Could you do a small comparison with the R and the Emotion please? (like speed, spin, flex, etc)

Thanks!
Joola Rosskopf Emotion & OSP V+
FH: Bluefire M2 2.0
BH: Bluefire M3 2.0
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 1:43am
Rossi Emotion is faster than R. Lower throw. Smoother touch. Hinoki on Rossi Emotion is very soft. Tenergy on RE plays like a dream on FH and Express one 2.0mm is faster on RE BH than Vega max on R (if it gives you an idea about difference in speed). RE feels stiffer than R.
I have always made a difference between Hinoki blade players and Limba blade players. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like they do not expect the same skills/behaviours from their blades.
Masur Birch might be the missing chainon between limba and hinoki. 
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 3:12am
Thnx, jcdi! Nice review!
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross Leidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 2:02pm
JCDI - Thanks for the great review on the Rapscallion.  It's definitely a different animal than the Sotto Voce, so I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a good rubber pairing to adjust the speed to your requirements.   Continued good luck as you play with the blade.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 9:41pm
JCDI, how is the speed compared to Sotto Voce with AYC ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2012 at 2:44am
Speed is somehow similar. However, when flat hitting or blocking, SVAYC is a bit faster. But when looping R becomes faster. R feels flexier and is way much friendly user.  I never got used to SVAYC which is mystery considering I'm a huge fan of SV Mahogany and SV Limba.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 5:22pm
I am more and more impressed by Rapscallion. It has become my main blade now. What amazes me the most are the versatile skills of this blade. It can be slow and fast and flexy and stiff. My loops are very consistent and spinny, my short game better than ever and blocks are devastating.  It's a king of magic how this blade is adaptating and responding accurately to instant needs. I still love Rossi Emotion but I feel like I have to force more my strokes to make winners which is weird considering R.E is basically faster than Rapscallion. Let's see how long this new mistress is going to keep me hooked.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross Leidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Let's see how long this new mistress is going to keep me hooked.

Until the next one?  Smile
r0b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

I am more and more impressed by Rapscallion. It has become my main blade now. What amazes me the most are the versatile skills of this blade. It can be slow and fast and flexy and stiff. My loops are very consistent and spinny, my short game better than ever and blocks are devastating.  It's a king of magic how this blade is adaptating and responding accurately to instant needs. I still love Rossi Emotion but I feel like I have to force more my strokes to make winners which is weird considering R.E is basically faster than Rapscallion. Let's see how long this new mistress is going to keep me hooked.

I'm using Rossi Emotion for almost 2 years now and I'm curious how the Rapscallion compares to it in the long term. So I hope you will keep us updated :)
Joola Rosskopf Emotion & OSP V+
FH: Bluefire M2 2.0
BH: Bluefire M3 2.0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic