Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Anyone buy from VladiTT scam got no refund

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone buy from VladiTT scam got no refund
    Posted: 08/08/2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

ok thanks so it's about £5-7 difference. So with 1200 transactions that would make £6000-8400 difference. Maybe that is where is the temptation? If send/receive with regular mail and get tricked let's say about 8 times and have 2 real losses by the post it would only make a £1000 difference if we take a £100 average for the item being sent. I am not saying this to justify or to defend this kind of risky way to do things but I am just saying that it might be a considerable incentive for people. 

When I said 1200 transactions I meant buying and selling lumped together. For the purpose of this statistic buying is just as relevant as it still uses postal services.

Also, the buyer pays the postage so I'm not too worried about the difference. You could argue I have to price the item a little less, but then again what is the exact right price especially for a second hand item? It's not an exact science.

I think you have a point though. some people are like that. They focus on every little penny and miss the big picture. I cringe sometimes when I see some of the prices in the 'for sale' section? I mean, what's the point of selling if you are NOT going to sell? Each to their own.
Sponsored Links

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:

ok thanks so it's about £5-7 difference. So with 1200 transactions that would make £6000-8400 difference. Maybe that is where is the temptation? If send/receive with regular mail and get tricked let's say about 8 times and have 2 real losses by the post it would only make a £1000 difference if we take a £100 average for the item being sent. I am not saying this to justify or to defend this kind of risky way to do things but I am just saying that it might be a considerable incentive for people. 

From economic view the example is right but 1200 Transactions is very much.Thumbs Up

yes when you have a small amount of transactions that doesn't work and anyway the risky procedure is much more stressfull each time...

I don't proceed the same way if the item if $30 (regular mail) or $200 (tracking and/or insurance) worth. That's a middle way. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 10:42am

From economic view the example is right but 1200 Transactions is very much.Thumbs Up

I have to wonder what People have in mind to trade or sell an item they even do not have at their home.
If i want to sell an item that is mine but it is not available at the moment because i gave it to a teammate for testing for example i cannot sell it!Confused
I would never ask my teammate, friend or whatever to send the item out for me. It is my responsibility as seller to ship it myself and not to rely on others...
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

some people say t64t64t64 is vladitt in disguise but they did not bring any proof about that connection.

I am thinking of purchasing a Tenergy 64 from t64t64t64. Would you recommend I do not go through with the transaction?
GO MUSTANGS!
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 9:31am
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 9:20am

how much price difference per transaction between economic sending and registered with insurance?

Here in the UK, it would cost me around £12-15 to send a blade to the US with Royal Mail signed for. Fedex is £20-25.

I could send it standard mail (no signature) for £7 but I never use that service.
julidean79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julidean79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

in my case he doesn't even pretend that he sent anything. He told me that he collects the money and someone else has the blades and ships them. So he has no idea if the third party shipped or not. However, if the third party did not ship, I am the one to take the hit. 

This is wrong on so many levels. I should have been told that he doesn't even have the blade. He has no proof of a blade being shipped at all. He can't just collect my money and not even care if the other person ships it. 

I don't believe for a second that my blade was ever shipped. Stuff does not just get lost. They will return it back to him in the worst case. I have never had stuff get lost, and god know i buy loads of crap from overseas. 

Same modus operandi that Azinoth/Vladd, to blame third person
Blade Butterfly Tiago Apolonia st handle
FH Black Donic Bluefire M1 Max
BH Red Donic Bluefire M2 Max
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 5:24pm
in my case he doesn't even pretend that he sent anything. He told me that he collects the money and someone else has the blades and ships them. So he has no idea if the third party shipped or not. However, if the third party did not ship, I am the one to take the hit. 

This is wrong on so many levels. I should have been told that he doesn't even have the blade. He has no proof of a blade being shipped at all. He can't just collect my money and not even care if the other person ships it. 

I don't believe for a second that my blade was ever shipped. Stuff does not just get lost. They will return it back to him in the worst case. I have never had stuff get lost, and god know i buy loads of crap from overseas. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 2:00pm
how much price difference per transaction between economic sending and registered with insurance?
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 9:06am

ok thanks. I guess this gives quite a lot of trust to Postal Services (even cross-boarder) and mistrust to the seller (or buyer) if the item gets "lost".

I guess my statistic of postal losses, 2 or 3 out of 800, is not far from you experience.

Do you always send/receive cross-boarders with tracking? Registered? With insurance?

Outside always with registered post (partially tracked, but I can see when the buyer signs for it) with insurance as it's cheap to buy. Full tracking is usually for more expensive items, as it has to go by DHL/Fedex.

Horses for courses Smile
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 7:49am
ok thanks. I guess this gives quite a lot of trust to Postal Services (even cross-boarder) and mistrust to the seller (or buyer) if the item gets "lost".

I guess my statistic of postal losses, 2 or 3 out of 800, is not far from you experience.

Do you always send/receive cross-boarders with tracking? Registered? With insurance?
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 6:14am

Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

One last thing: statistically speaking, in cases like this I'd say the chances for the seller simply not to post are a lot greater than the item actually being lost in the post.

Could you explain? What are chances of an item being lost in the post? In my EJ career I had a few "losses" from the post (sending or receiving). 

In my dealings with ebay, I had maybe 2 items lost in some 1200 transactions over the last 10 years. A quarter of those transactions were cross border. But then again, it's pretty pointless to 'lose' items in the post on ebay. At best, you will have to refund. It seems strange to me that as soon as you introduce the concept of paypal gift, the chances for your item to get  lost in the post increase substantially.

The answer is simple: human nature. I hate to be so gloomy and doomy but there is a lot of naivety floating about on this forum. I'm not saying be suspicious of everybody and anybody - that would be a terrible way to live, but exercise some common sense when you buy or sell stuff.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

One last thing: statistically speaking, in cases like this I'd say the chances for the seller simply not to post are a lot greater than the item actually being lost in the post.

Could you explain? What are chances of an item being lost in the post? In my EJ career I had a few "losses" from the post (sending or receiving). 

There is only one that I am absolutely sure it is the Post fault because I know the person well enough. He simply sent the item and it simply never arrived. 

One item arrived 3-4 months later. 

One item was supposedly not received but I somehow found out later that it actually was, because I caught the trader trying to trade the blade again and the pics were exact match. He still denies and said he got this blade (exact pic match) by somebody else (maybe a guy from the post LOL ) but still accepted to send the money he owed...When he told me that he didn't receive the blade but that I could keep the blade he sent to me (it was trade) but would not send the money according to the value difference we agreed. I found this nice or maybe suspicious. I felt bad to be suspicious (in case he was nice) but I was right at the end...

One item was not received by a buyer but I am still wondering if it's true or not. I proposed full refund to the buyer but he said that half-half was ok which I think again is nice or suspicious by pretending to be nice. 

One item I never received in a trade but I am 99,9% sure that it was never sent because the other person was a bit suspicious since the beginning (and I was naive). he never sent my blade back and now he doesn't reply and even changed his e-mail address. 

Recently I received an envelop containing an empty blade box...it looks like the envelop was opened and closed again so most likely it has been stolen on the way or (because of previous experience I am very suspicious) the seller pretended through some weird packaging that it was stolen on the way while he actually never sentit. This sounds quite crazy but is not completely because according to 3 years ebay history the seller already sent twice a tissue instead of the item...(unfortunately I only saw that only later, because he had 100% for the last 12 months and I didn't bother to check older transactions) 

Sorry for the slight off-topic but I hope people can learn from my mistakes and/or unlucky experiences. On the other hand I had so many successfull transactions that this amount of troubles might be quite low in percentage and we can say that I actually had a lot of lucky experiences according to the fact that this kind of transactions are more or less risky. I think I must have received at least 500 items and sent about 300. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 11:07pm
btw, vladitt = bulgaria

vladd and azinoth = romania
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 11:04pm
some people say t64t64t64 is vladitt in disguise but they did not bring any proof about that connection.
julidean79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julidean79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 9:58pm
Could be vladitt the same as vladd or azinoth???
Blade Butterfly Tiago Apolonia st handle
FH Black Donic Bluefire M1 Max
BH Red Donic Bluefire M2 Max
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 9:37pm
I've got a few things to say about this.

1. VladiTT might or might have NOT send the blade out, regardless of how many successful transaction he has had with members in the past. Some people simply decide to pull a fast one every now and then, particularly when they have some good history to back them up. I'm not saying that's the case here - how could I know, but his history as a seller means the total sum of f***all with regards to this particular transaction. I also cannot be concerned with how well or quick he answers questions or provide explanations to this 'panel'. That does nothing to me either. I would rather judge him by the fact that, as a seller, he took advantage of the buyer's gullibility/naivety and wash his hands clean of this transaction.

It is Steamer's responsibility as a buyer to make sure seller receives the money, and VadiTT's responsibility to make sure his buyer gets the goods. The fact that Paypal is foolproof and shipping is not - is the seller's problem. Say Steamer sent the money through post and envelope got lost - would you side with him if he expected VladiTT still has to ship the blade to him? I wouldn't think so. Which brings me to the second point.

2. Do not pay by paypal gift unless you are prepared to WRITE THE ITEM OFF in the event it goes missing. There are only a handful of select sellers who will abide by proper business principles. As for the rest, nobody in their right mind will refund you for items lost in the post if they don't have to! You have to force their hand and paying by paypal goods is your insurance policy. The buyer didn't buy insurance and tracking? What is this nonsense? You seller, factor that in when you price your shipping or support the loss if it gets lost in transit. It is YOUR problem. Even if you did buy insurance, I would expect to be refunded as soon as we can reasonably say it'd been lost, and then good luck with your compensation. You might be thinking 'I've got the money, I'm all right Jack', but it doesn't work like that. Not if I paid by Paypal goods.

And a little story with a moral at the end:
A few years ago I picked up a seller from ebay. He had access to 50% discount to a certain tool company. We agreed for me to give him a list with what I want, and I would pay him in advance some 65% of retail. Then he would go ahead and place the order, with the 15% difference being his 'finder's fee'. After emailing back and forth a few times I made a judgement call: he seemed like a decent fellow and I didn't think he was going to pull a fast one, so I went ahead and sent him the money through Paypal goods (although outside eBay). Turns out I was half right. He started off as an honest person, placed the order as agreed (I actually saw the invoice) but it was at this point when temptation got the better of him and he decided it would be too easy to just keep everything. He claimed he posted the lot to me but oddly enough, he couldn't produce a tracking no. After about 5 weeks I opened a Paypal case, it was of course decided in my favor but he managed to clean his Paypal account just before the resolution and Paypal could only recuperate a few pences. Had I gone through eBay, I would have been compensated in full. In any case, what he didn't foresee is Paypal will put his account in negative balance, then suspend it which means he'll never be able to open another Paypal account in his name. Moral of the story: seemingly decent people can flip to the dark side. Better not to give them the opportunity. Communication was excellent throughout by the way. 

Edited by Lestat - 08/05/2013 at 10:01pm
dingzii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingzii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 5:25pm
VladiTT is confirmed to be a bad guy.
He will give you a tracking number, but shipp nothing out.
In the beginning, he will reply, but, after a while , He will not answer any email. 
I lost $360 to him.  It is really a bad guy.  
ding
extraSpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extraSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 6:22pm

I say we judge a member excellent when something goes wrong based on how he/she treats the problem. 

So far, from that far to be excellent member, we get no communication; no explanation; no attempt to give us details; no work to contact the 3rd party and give us scans of the receipts (if there were any at some point)...nothing...How could that be excellent? 

I still did not receive any answer after asking what kind of partial or full refund he is thinking about; what he plans to do; what course of action is on the way on his part. 

I only see somebody hiding behind distance after a transaction gone awry, not being responsible of his poor selling practices.

My question is: Where is the excellence?

Fatt, my man, you make a great point.

My views were from my interaction and transactions with Vladi.
We seldom have things that go different from the expected output. How one handles these exceptions says a lot.
I hope Vladi comes back to respond to some of the questions.

Amultart
Tenergy 05 black FH
Tenergy 05 red BH
My feedback
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 6:00pm
I say we judge a member excellent when something goes wrong based on how he/she treats the problem. 

So far, from that far to be excellent member, we get no communication; no explanation; no attempt to give us details; no work to contact the 3rd party and give us scans of the receipts (if there were any at some point)...nothing...How could that be excellent? 

I still did not receive any answer after asking what kind of partial or full refund he is thinking about; what he plans to do; what course of action is on the way on his part. 

I only see somebody hiding behind distance after a transaction gone awry, not being responsible of his poor selling practices.

My question is: Where is the excellence? 

extraSpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extraSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 4:34pm
Vladi is an excellent member on this forum. Quick communication and prompt shipping has been my experience so far!
Amultart
Tenergy 05 black FH
Tenergy 05 red BH
My feedback
zolko798 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolko798 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 3:28pm
i made 1 deal with Vladi, all went well!
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 10:22am
Doing transactions over online platforms/forums such as this always entails some risk and potential hassle if the transaction goes wrong. Shipping delays, lost items, stuff received is not as advertised etc. are some of the possible problems that potential buyers might have to deal with. If you think that getting good deals on TT equipment is not worth the risk then maybe buying from forums like this is not for you Wink
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

Buyer should never think they have to pay extra for an item because of processing fees. That's called a surcharge and it's against Paypal's TOS AND illegal in certain states. Seller needs to account for the fees when they decide on a selling price.
Very good advice.  It's right up there with 'put on your hat, when you go outside' advice. Smile
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 8:04am
Buyer should never think they have to pay extra for an item because of processing fees. That's called a surcharge and it's against Paypal's TOS AND illegal in certain states. Seller needs to account for the fees when they decide on a selling price.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 6:33am
I don't know if it helps, but I always write a comment what the money is for, even when I send as gift. Most of people here are not selling for profit, so it's hard for them to cover the fees when selling at bottom prices. And as a buyers you don't want to pay for the fee either. So if it involves a lot of money, I only deal with people I trust, or buy elsewhere. 
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 3:59am
Yes, everybody did, I also did. But I prefer to make it clear that PP fees are not included in the price so they have to be covered by the buyer. It is up to him/her to choose how to send the money - as Gift or as regular payment. The latter is much more difficult to calculate as PP say 3.4% but actually they charge 6.4%, esp when the sum-total is relatively high, so a second correction payment is due. Then we argue with the other side - I say, "I will cover the difference," he says, "No, I will cover it"...
Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 3:23am

We DO NOT recommend payments as gift. This always was my position. Paying as gift is dangerous.

Please tell me how you didn't send payment as gift for a rubber/blade and didn't receive a gift payment for rubber/blade.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2013 at 2:29am
Originally posted by steamer steamer wrote:

75 days ago I bought a blade from this guy $140, VladiTT base Bulgary

Bulgary is in Australia, if you don't mind

PP fees are above 6%, and they must be paid by the buyer, except when seller is a charity. So price has to be clearly differentiated

1. Net price asked
2. Shipping
3. Registered post with TN
4. Express mail
5. Insurance
6. PP fees
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2013 at 7:01pm
and which is why having positive feedbacks from buyers/sellers will legitimize your status as a trustworthy person on this forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic