Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSP Blades - carbon?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OSP Blades - carbon?
    Posted: 05/01/2013 at 10:40am
We have been developing a special soft & bio carbon solution for exploiting advantages of carbon without suffering of disadvantages. We are on the right track, tested etc. and now it is ready for testing. Well who wants to participate pls follow our facebook site or like that article

Also interested in your opinion what do you think about blades included carbon. Pros and cons?

we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 10:59am
Wow. OSP using carbon? I never thought I'd see the day!

I'm imagining a Virtuoso Carbon now...

Think I might swap my car for one. :-)
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 11:00am
Oh yes, I switched to OSP not to long ago but already ordered more after my first hit.

Would love to check this out!!
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
derekho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 11:10am
I'm interested in testing!

Edited by derekho - 05/01/2013 at 11:14am
Blade: Ross Leidy Custom

Fh: Rakza Z Extra Hard

Bh: Tenergy 05
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 11:12am
I would love to be a tester too... for some reason I can't get on Facebook right now. I have 11 different OSP blades already, so I have a lot of basis for comparison.
elfanta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elfanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 11:16am
wow, it would be nice to test that, but I do not have the time for that, but wow, good news!!
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 10:44pm
My thoughts are there is already a good range of carbon blades in the world that you won't be able to improve on. What there are very few of is good Allround blades. There's a better market for a blade slower and slightly less flexible than the expert. That's the obvious hole in the range for me. A carbon will be interesting, I just don't think its possible to improve on the butterfly soft carbons or something like stigas v1 in a hard carbon
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2013 at 3:42am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

My thoughts are there is already a good range of carbon blades in the world that you won't be able to improve on. What there are very few of is good Allround blades.

Like Stiga ACC which somehow is an amalgamation of the old Stiga feel and new composite technologies.

barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2013 at 1:21pm
Totally agree with bluebucket. I miss the stiffer allround blade from OSP in the range all+ to off-. Virtuoso is clear off and expert is too flexible. Sorry for the off topic
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2013 at 1:45pm
would also like to test this blade
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 3:03am
I think the way you guys think is kind of narrow.. So because there are already good carbon blades, people should stop trying to make better ones?

I bet you guys still drive cars with wooden wheels, cause wooden wheels already worked fine..

"Standing still is the fastest way of moving backward in a rapidly changing world"
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:21am
Unfortunately the old always tends to dress itself with newest clothes.

But when he thinks he can make better use of carbon with some bio stuff
instead of epoxy why not ?
The problem with epoxy is that it seals wood and that,s bad for resonance between plies.
I once made a few blades using boneglue or hideglue for making the composite layers instead of epoxy amd it wasn,t that bad. He could do something like that or use some other bio-stuff instead of epoxy. Or maybe something completely different. That,s the fun of making blades.
Most newer carbon blades use newer more flexible epoxies. That,s nice, more elastic, less ping aso. But the resonance stays poor (shallow feeling) because wood layers still loose their open character no matter how soft the epoxy.

Also the carbon is on the core so the outerply to second ply both sides is"as usual". This wil preserve lots of the delicate touch.

Edited by mercuur - 05/03/2013 at 5:24am

PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

No way :)
I am sure you can test one.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

I think the way you guys think is kind of narrow.. So because there are already good carbon blades, people should stop trying to make better ones?

I bet you guys still drive cars with wooden wheels, cause wooden wheels already worked fine..

"Standing still is the fastest way of moving backward in a rapidly changing world"

Thumbs Up
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:11pm
I for 1 would love to have my hand on one OSP Carbon or try 1 in the future. I can't imagine there's anything out there better than or closed to both of my V's (Virtuoso & V Plus) which possess the sweet feeling. The +, to me, is just a little tad faster but control/feeling, imho, is almost the same.
I hope the "OSP C" will not lose the unique feeling of like both of my V's have but has better feeling than the 7 plied wooden Ultimate/Musko...
The ideal OSP C hopefully would have the power of any good Carbon blades yet with the feeling/control of the 5 plied OSP V/V+.
Oops....did I just repeat myself few times?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by PLLsystem PLLsystem wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

No way :)
I am sure you can test one.

Don't speak too soon. You haven't seen my car:

Ping Pong Car

;-)
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2013 at 6:49pm
A slightly thicker Expert with two added soft carbon layers would strike me as an interesting blade.

Are there any clues as to what type of OSP blade the two carbon layers would be in?

mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 2:24am
http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=2417419#post2417419
http://forum.tt-news.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=39646&d=1367429283

Here it has pictures including sideview but needs to log in there to see them.
The pictures show an ayous core surrounded with carbon.  Probably ayous medial plies with limba outerply. Medial plies are approximately twice the thickness of the outerplies or thicker.
Roughly same build as stiga classic carbon allround it looks.

Edited by mercuur - 05/04/2013 at 5:09am

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 7:04am
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 8:04am
Another master piece, hope the blade comes with my personal beloved Stiga Master handle though :p
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 10:15am
Very interesting...the Carbon is sandwiched way down btwn 2nd & mid plies.
Reminds me of the ALC layers of my IF ALC...

Edited by tiehwen - 05/07/2013 at 11:44am
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Reminds me of the ALC layers of my TB ALC...
This would be like the IF ALC.  The TB ALC has the ALC between the 2nd and top ply.  Any idea how much this blade is sold for?
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:22am
It's the OSP version of the Stiga Allround carbon, seems near identical. Imago the plys are the same? at least the OSP version will have the epic SQ ST handle

Edited by bluebucket - 05/07/2013 at 11:23am
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Reminds me of the ALC layers of my TB ALC...
This would be like the IF ALC.  The TB ALC has the ALC between the 2nd and top ply.....
Oops...my bad...yes, you're right.

Edited by tiehwen - 05/07/2013 at 2:33pm
4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 12:35am
Lovely blade.

What do you think of creating a version with balsa in the center? Limba+limba+carbon+balsa+carbon+limba+limba

I love the feeling of Waldner dotec carbon, and Innerforce T5000.

I think you could make a similar version of the two, with a magical touch of OSP, of course.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 5:45am
Really looking forward to try this one out!

Ps. Wouldn't it be more like the Offensive Classic Carbon instead of the Allround Classic Carbon?
Since the Virtuoso is faster then OC, I expect carbon versions to be faster aswell.

I personally like the Virtuoso more in every aspect then the Stiga OC though.

Edited by Thomasson - 05/15/2013 at 5:51am
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 6:36am
i would say it would be closer to Waldner Senso Carbon because of the placement of the carbon around the core
RSM Special Platinum T64
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 2:47pm
It looks like it's not the classic carbon in that blade. More like it's mixed with kevlar/aramid etc. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Gauguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gauguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 3:03pm
Can you tell us it's composition please!!! 7 layers, 5 wood & 2 carbons of Limba outer vennier and Limba, Kiri or Koto??? Thanks...
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 1:42pm
We are flood of test requests. Unfortunately we had to limit the number of blades for testing but 4-5 blades will be sent out soon for the first candidates. Testers should test the blades for a week and then send to the next tester.

Edited by PLLsystem - 05/17/2013 at 1:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic