Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSP Blades - carbon?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 1:53pm
Got mine two days ago: Virtuoso Carbon (CRWi Uni)
87,5g, 5.63mm, ST handle (SQST). No more words to say...

Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 7:52am
Beautiful yes.. But where are the reviews??
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2016 at 7:49pm
Damn, that is so beautiful!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2016 at 7:53pm
I want one!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 10:50am
Hi!

I am interested to get either OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF or OSP Ultimate 3CRW UNI OFF that perform similar to Butterfly Viscaria.

How do they perform as compared to Butterfly Viscaria?

Thank you.

Edited by Renol - 01/12/2016 at 10:52am
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
BH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Renol Renol wrote:

Hi!

I am interested to get either OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF or OSP Ultimate 3CRW UNI OFF that perform similar to Butterfly Viscaria.

Thank you.

Neither of these are going to be similar to the Viscaria IMO (note - I haven't used the Ultimate 3CRW, but I have used the standard Ultimate).  They both have limba outers, softer feel.

I can say more definite things about the V-CRWi though.  Compared to the Viscaria, it's softer, has more flex, far more feel (very woody compared to the Viscaria's ALC numbness), slower in the low gears, about the same speed in the higher gears, slightly higher throw.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 12:18pm
Do these blades have pure carbon or carbon composite fiber? Because, if they have pure carbon, they shall be similar to Stiga's Carbonado series rather than to the Viscaria.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Do these blades have pure carbon or carbon composite fiber? Because, if they have pure carbon, they shall be similar to Stiga's Carbonado series rather than to the Viscaria.

I'm not sure exactly, only OSP knows 100% I guess.

The older V Carbon I had back in the day had some sort of carbon weave, but the new ones just have a very thin black line which you would presume to be regular carbon.  However, OSP claim this carbon is "special".

Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Hi!

Thank you.

Neither of these are going to be similar to the Viscaria IMO (note - I haven't used the Ultimate 3CRW, but I have used the standard Ultimate).  They both have limba outers, softer feel.

I can say more definite things about the V-CRWi though.  Compared to the Viscaria, it's softer, has more flex, far more feel (very woody compared to the Viscaria's ALC numbness), slower in the low gears, about the same speed in the higher gears, slightly higher throw.

Thanks for the feedback and I understand that neither of these is going to be similar.

I am looking at something that has similar feel as Butterfly Viscaria.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 10:21pm

Hi!

Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback and I understand that neither of these is going to be similar.

If you are looking for a Viscaria feel, why don't you just get another Viscaria instead? If you are getting an OSP blade, I'd suggest you get it with an open mind and enjoy the craftmanship and unique feel from the blade.

I don't have a comprehensive review yet, I have a put a H3neo on forehand, and when the loop is strong enough to engage the blade through the hard rubber, the feeling is absolutely strange in a very nice way. It's very different from the blade I've used extensively before (n656, emerald, primorac carbon, timoboll alc) I might need to put a softer H3neo to pair with the blade so that I can engage the blade more easily. But I'd say the blade is very impressive, the feeling is like discovering a complete new continent , haha. The last time I have this feeling is when I first tried the n656 :-)
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2016 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

Hi!

Thank you.

If you are looking for a Viscaria feel, why don't you just get another Viscaria instead? If you are getting an OSP blade, I'd suggest you get it with an open mind and enjoy the craftmanship and unique feel from the blade.

I don't have a comprehensive review yet, I have a put a H3neo on forehand, and when the loop is strong enough to engage the blade through the hard rubber, the feeling is absolutely strange in a very nice way. It's very different from the blade I've used extensively before (n656, emerald, primorac carbon, timoboll alc) I might need to put a softer H3neo to pair with the blade so that I can engage the blade more easily. But I'd say the blade is very impressive, the feeling is like discovering a complete new continent , haha. The last time I have this feeling is when I first tried the n656 :-)

I intend to get an OSP blade but considering which is more suitable to my playing style.
GiorgosTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiorgosTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2016 at 11:10am
I've played with the Rosewood XO, Rosewood VII and both Carbonado's. They all have a "hollow" feeling and sound which I don't particularly like. I'm not sure how else to describe it, so I'd like to ask if anybody else felt this with Stiga blades, and how OSP blades compare to them?

Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2016 at 11:48am
Got both of mine today,2 days after being shipped....85.6 grams....elcon...CRWi medium 158/150mm and V'King...standard 158/151 mm
Still need to figure out how to resize the pictures to post them...
Seems that OSP weren't kidding when they said that the prices for the carbon blades would go up after new year....
still testing

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2016 at 1:56pm
GiorgosTT: I've played with my Virtuoso CRW last night for few matches, I can say it doesn't have the hollow feeling. I had the Stiga rosewood clipper blade which has hollow feeling that you mentioned, but this Virtuoso CRW doesn't have that. It has solid feedback when you engage enough to the blade.

So far I like it very much! 

FYI, I'm coming from my current blade rotation of DHS n656 and Stiga Emerald Wink
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
GiorgosTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiorgosTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2016 at 7:52pm
Thanks qualizon, that's good to hear! Do you have any experience with the all wood blades of OSP, and if they have solid or hollow feeling?
macpoddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macpoddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2016 at 9:50pm
how consistent are the blades? I have two Immune ox classic around the same weight, but quite different in play?? But I like the quality and craftsmanship. 
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2016 at 2:06am
2 days ago I had the first chance to test my new Virtuoso CRWi UNI Off. 

I used my usual rubbers (Donic Acuda Blue P1 2,0 forehand and 1,8 backhand) for a direct comparison with my actual playing-blade Zhang Jike ALC.

Most of my impressions are similar to the review of AndySmith. Therefore I will use points of his review and re-fine them.

the general carbon properties (stiffness, power) are only obvious in the lower gears.  On harder shots (I'm thinking about harder loops really here), it feels very much like the original V- with the high throw, kick and flex. 
This was also my impression. I expected a more different feeling to the "normal" Virtuoso, for example a more direct feeling, maybe like he mentioned about the "original" test-version of the 'Virtuoso Carbon.

The VC had a lot going for it for sure - more power, stiffer.
Compared with Zhang Jike ALC (which is a good compromise between the harder Boll ALC and the softer Viscaria for me) it was easier to loop out of backspin and also looping with slow gears was a pleasure generally. Here the Virtuoso Carbon really shines. But unfortunately this is not my primary kind of game. I need more power to attack my opponents, because my looping-technique is not perfect enough, but in this point I have better control with my Zhang Jike ALC

The higher gears are still a bit non-linear, so you need to be careful when powerlooping from close-in.
because the ball-placement is easier with ZJ ALC. It is also easier with ZJ ALC to return a fast shot from the opponent, because it is more linear.

There are some vibrations when hitting more off-centre

if you are expecting something vastly different then you might be disappointed. This all comes down to your expectations of course - I'd take a CRWi over the original V- because it suits my needs more.
That`s the most important point. I expected something more different, compared with my Virtuoso: a stiffer blade with more direct feeling and less vibrations.

Don`t misunderstand me: the quality and craftsmanship of this blade is fantastic. The feeling is very good and for both sides looping it will be a fantastic blade. I also agree to AndySmith, that I would prefer the new VC over the normal Virtuoso, because it has everything, that the Virtuoso has, but a bit more power and a bigger sweetspot, but nevertheless it is not crispy/stiff enough for me.

Maybe I choosed the wrong blade. So if you bought one of the other new OPS Carbon blades and feel, that this blade is too stiff for you, please contact me. Maybe we can manage a trade.

Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2016 at 2:20am
Anyone has playing experience with OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF and OSP Ultimate 3CRW UNI OFF and how do they fare?

Thank you.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2016 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Maybe I choosed the wrong blade. So if you bought one of the other new OPS Carbon blades and feel, that this blade is too stiff for you, please contact me. Maybe we can manage a trade.

I can totally understand where you are coming from here.  The feel is so close to all-wood that you would miss the crisp feel of something like a Viscaria, and the flex is still pronounced so if you were used to a stiff blade then it would take some adjustment.  I have the second of those issues at the moment after switching from the Donic Crest, which is far stiffer.  Neither of these blades have the incredible feel of the OSP though.

On reflection, perhaps the Ulltimate 3CRW would have been the one to try first?
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2016 at 10:15am
I bought a OSP Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF - Head Size : M 158×150mm, Handle : ELCON
but I just couldn't adapt to the handle. :(
I'm a FL handle guy.
Tonight I'll put it on buy/sale seccion or maybe trade for an FL one
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2016 at 1:36pm

On reflection, perhaps the Ulltimate 3CRW would have been the one to try first?
Yes, this probably would have been the better choice for me.
So if there is anybody who bought an Ultimate 3CRW (RQST, SQST or ELCON) and is not totally happy with it: please contact me. Maybe we can manage a trade between this blade and my Virtuoso CRWi
Gtbana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtbana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2016 at 2:49pm
Guys, these blades look beautiful, but are there side by side reviews of all four carbon blades so that one can make an intelligent decision?
BTY Viscaria, T05,V>401
BTY Innerforce, T05, T64
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2016 at 6:50pm
After playing with the Virtuoso CRW uni (I'll call it VC from now on) for a few times, I can say I like it very much! I'm now trying to use it as my main blade and let the n656 rest a little bit.

My setup:
FH: Hurricane 3 provincial 40 degree 2.15mm (boosted 5 layers with Kailin oil) 
BH: Tenergy 80FX 2.1mm

I'd think the n656 has faster top speed than VC, however, the VC has better control, I can feel it bites the ball when I loop and block. I won't say how much spin it can generate comparing to other blade, because I think spin mostly rely on rubber, but one thing I can say is, this blade combination can loop against backspin with no problem as the ball won't shoot out right away.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 7:39pm
I also got my Virtuoso CRWi
However, Limba doesn't look straight, not sure if that affects playability=/
I played it with Big Dipper FH, & 1Q sound BH for 3 sessions.  So far it's been quite difficult to get the close table power drives as it lacks feel in that aspect.  It's a monster when controlling with spinny topspins.  Definitely something very unique & take some time to understand the characteristics.  Full review to be done as I get acquainted with this blade=)

Edited by PingPongHolic10 - 01/31/2016 at 7:40pm
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 10:58am
Originally posted by PingPongHolic10 PingPongHolic10 wrote:

I also got my Virtuoso CRWi...

How does it compare to YinHe VIS-A Pro?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 8:05pm
I have been using the V carbon for close to a month and have compared with my timo boll alc with similar setup.

V carbon:  H3 prov / tenergy 80fx
Timo boll ALC:  H8 / tenergy 80fx

The feeling/vibration definition is stronger on V carbon in a good way as I'm coming from all wood blade, while comparing to the Timo ALC, you can immediately tell the feeling is completely muted.

Even though the feel is like wooden on the V carbon, but the kick from the carbon is totally there when you engage the blade. 

Another thing I have to say is, this cpen handle is the best I've ever tried, the cpen size is actually a suggestion from a very well known Hong Kong collector ;-)

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic