FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New ....Joola Maxxx Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New ....Joola Maxxx Series
    Posted: 06/10/2013 at 2:46pm

Does anyone have any details on the new Joola Maxxx series of rubbers?.

There's 3 in the range a 500, 450 and 400.

I am guessing they are 50, 45 and 40 Degree sponges.

Anyone know anything?

Cheers

GZ

Sponsored Links

Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 7:51am
I'm surprised nobody tried one yet. They're already available at shops in Europe.

I should probably know more about them after the weekend.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 8:54am

< id="product_addtocart_" method="post" ="http://en.shop.joola.de/checkout/cart/add/uenc/aHR0cDovL2VuLnNob3Auam9vbGEuZGUvam9vbGEtbWF4eHgtNDAwLmh0bWw_X19fU0lEPVU,/product/9796/">< name="product" value="9796" ="">< id="related-products-field" name="related_product" value="" =""> Quick Overview

Expected to be available in August 2013

1.8 - 2.0 - MAX

The rubber with the softest sponge of the MAXXX series (40°).

JOOLA MAXXX 400

Double click on above image to view full picture

Details

Early last year, JOOLA started a project together with the help of top players and outstanding design engineers in the polymer industry with the goal to develop a rubber composition that enables table tennis on a level never reached before. The expectations of players with different performance levels in a rubber were evaluated in a study - 3 features were specified as key X factors for successful, modern table tennis. These were then the target for the subsequent test series: maXXXimum power, maXXXimum spin and maXXXimum control.

After long development and test phases we have reached our goal with the JOOLA MAXXX – the rubber exceeds all expectations and will definitely belong to the best in the world.

Geo-Force and Geo-Sponge are the keys to success: two innovative development steps – the unique geometry of the grippy upper rubber and the new marcopore high-tech comb sponge.

The JOOLA Geo-Force technology of the upper rubber, where the pimples are specially arranged and form a larger hollow space, sets complete new standards when speaking of ball control and rotation. The spin performance at the table as well as from half distance turn the JOOLA MAXXX into an efficient high-end weapon.

The new macropore comb structure of the dynamic sponge (Geo-Sponge technology) gives the player an incomparable feeling, a dangerous ball-flight when playing topspin shots and unbeatable power in every playing situation.

JOOLA MAXXX°, the rubber with the triple X: maXXXimum power, maXXximum spin, maXXXimum control.

The rubber with the softest sponge of the MAXXX series (40°). The MaXXX 400 can be excellently controlled especially in passive play. In addition the Geo-Force technology provides the necessary aggression for offensive shots. Recommended for aggressive allrounders who emphasize control but don’t want to do without the necessary power in performance.

Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 8:55am
IMO Joola looks like a dying company
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

Explanation?
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 10:16am
Hmmm...wonder what would make decoi think Joola is a dying company? They are the official sponsor of the USATT for their tables and apparel, and they make good quality products in Germany. Maybe Decoi knows something we don't.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Hmmm...wonder what would make decoi think Joola is a dying company? They are the official sponsor of the USATT for their tables and apparel, and they make good quality products in Germany. Maybe Decoi knows something we don't.

a pot of good crack makes him type this kind of posts. Joola is very popular both here and in Europe. I play with Joola on both sides right now, trying to see if I can live without tenergy on my BH. Opening loop not so easy but control is so good in blocking and I can do mid distance BH loop now because the path of the ball is so easy to put on the table
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 11:17am
To be fair to decoi, nobody actually uses Joola blades, but their rubbers are very good.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

a pot of good crack makes him type this kind of posts. Joola is very popular both here and in Europe. I play with Joola on both sides right now, trying to see if I can live without tenergy on my BH. Opening loop not so easy but control is so good in blocking and I can do mid distance BH loop now because the path of the ball is so easy to put on the table

Assiduous - is there any current/new video of you playing floating around anywhere? It sounds like you've made a lot of progress in the last year and I'd love to see what it looks like.
(I know this is off-topic – I apologize).

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 11:33am
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

To be fair to decoi, nobody actually uses Joola blades, but their rubbers are very good.

I'm not too familiar with their newer blades, but their blades used to be decent and used by many (at least where I was playing). I'm talking 20-25 years ago. I guess I don't know why their current blades would have fallen off the edge in terms of quality. Confused

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 12:40pm
Blocking and smashing is why I went to Rhyzm. The throw just felt more natural than Tenergy and I was not going to spend eternity fixing my smashing technique. I can block with anything and loop with anything but my hitting stroke is ingrained. Rhyzm is also the cheapest of the newer sponges, works great with rubber cement, doesn't shrink and is durable. Less than $40 per sheet from Timtts.be, who also mail to to the US quite quickly. Since I am quite happy and I think this Maxxx will have a significant premium on its price, I only hope it will make Rhyzm cheaper. Rhyzm 425 has been fantastic to me though improved technique is clearly at work as well
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:22pm
Joola has some kind of a promotion over here, two sheets for the price of one, so the 500 and 450 is on the way Thumbs Up

Otherwise, they go for roughly $40.
hungfu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Vardant Vardant wrote:

Joola has some kind of a promotion over here, two sheets for the price of one, so the 500 and 450 is on the way Thumbs Up

Otherwise, they go for roughly $40.

Wow that's an awesome deal. Is there any way to get in on that deal? I love the Rhyzm rubbers, would love to try the maxxx series.
Currently using Arirang:
FH: Joola Rhyzm 425 2.0
BH: Joola Maxxx 400 2.0
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 2:16pm
Quote 3 features were specified as key X factors for successful, modern table tennis. These were then the target for the subsequent test series: maXXXimum power, maXXXimum spin and maXXXimum control.

After long development and test phases we have reached our goal with the JOOLA MAXXX – the rubber exceeds all expectations and will definitely belong to the best in the world.

They will certainly not die from modesty...

Edited by Imago - 07/30/2013 at 2:17pm
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 2:26pm

...with the goal to develop a rubber composition that enables table tennis on a level never reached before.

...the rubber exceeds all expectations...

Oh my... that means this rubber will actually enable a level of table tennis beyond any level that hasn't been reached previously... wowsers!!!

You had a good run, Tenergy series... may the GEO-Force be with you.

Edited by Pondus - 07/30/2013 at 2:28pm
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 2:37pm
G-Force for brevity.  Probably they will exhibit some G-Point to be sure and everyone will buy them in frenzy. Wink

To be honest, however, Rhyzm is a very decent rubber, so let's give this new venture the benefit of 100 days tolerance.

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 3:04pm

I agree.

43 euros at Schoeler & Micke is too much. For example TSP Ventus is 37 on the same site. The 35 + / - 2 EUR price range is acceptable for me but not over 40. I know they are selling it at a more reasonable price for the moment...

I am 100% sure this rubber is no different from the current Japanese surface + ESN sponge combination which is remarkable by the way. Joola used to alway set their rubber prices slightly below the rest of the competition but the price range of MAXXX shows to me that they were forced to come out with a higher price than they usually did in the past. The JP01 and 03 and the Tibhar EVO serieas are already really good and so is Ventus Speed. It will be difficult for them to make a breakthrough.

In addition to all that, they have not come with a competitive composite blade in years.

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 3:07pm
Joola sell zillions of tables.. doubt they care much about selling rubbers when half the world use their tables
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

In defence of Joola (who seem to be becoming the forgotten man of TT brands), they do inject a good amount of cash into junior sponsorship here in the UK.  I also see a lot of Joola stuff being used by the younger players in the same peer group as the sponsored players too.  The main blades are Fever, the Flame series, the Wing series.  Rubbers are mainly Express/Xplode and Energy Extra.  So hats off to them for that.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 3:19pm
for example In ireland 10 years ago there a good few people using joola, now no one.

i do agree about the tables theirs seem to last for ever. i bough one from my old school, its about 20-25 years old still in good condition.

as for other items they jsut dont seem to stand out no one seems to use their blades/rubbers.

to me they are even overshadowed by the likes of xiom
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 3:26pm

as for other items they jsut dont seem to stand out no one seems to use their blades/rubbers.

Joola's marketing is terrible, IMO.  They're stuck in the mid 90s TT bubble.  Every rubber and blade carries the same waffling description, which tells you very little about the actual product.  Looking at Maxxx, you could just replace the product name with "Tango" and it wouldn't look too out of place on the back of that packet.

Xiom, on the other hand, has gone to great lengths to jazz up the marketing of their TT stuff.  Their attempts to give more information about blade characteristics is a standout point for me, and is a step in the right direction from just ratings for speed and control.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Joola's marketing is terrible, IMO.  They're stuck in the mid 90s TT bubble.  Every rubber and blade carries the same waffling description, which tells you very little about the actual product.  Looking at Maxxx, you could just replace the product name with "Tango" and it wouldn't look too out of place on the back of that packet.

Xiom, on the other hand, has gone to great lengths to jazz up the marketing of their TT stuff.  Their attempts to give more information about blade characteristics is a standout point for me, and is a step in the right direction from just ratings for speed and control.

Xiom's branded design elements and marketing efforts are currently lengths ahead of any other TT brand – including Butterfly and Stiga. There are some strategic kinks in product development cycles they're still working out, but other than that, the Champion brand's "relaunch" as Xiom has been done about as good as we've ever seen in the world of table tennis (and thus their rapid success).

Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:34pm
Well I didn't think I'd buy a Joola rubber but using X three times really talked me into it.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:40pm
Grassroots politicians, those who go door to door giving a (short please) message are winners! I care less about those with bigger budgets playing clowns on tv networks through demagogic formulas and lying ads.

I think Joola practices grassroots table tennis promotion -at least in the USA- and I salute them about it. I'll try their Maxxx rubbers just for that; right after the cheaper Rhythm as stated above.

Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Vihito Vihito wrote:

Well I didn't think I'd buy a Joola rubber but using X three times really talked me into it.
It should be a fairly good rubber though, especially after Rhyzm, which was already pretty good.

Edited by Vardant - 07/30/2013 at 4:42pm
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:47pm
Rhyzm may be the most natural throw rubber in the world. If you haven't tried it grab a sheet when u get a chance. You won't regret it. No training necessary. Just loop the way you think you should. The control is outstanding even at the highest speed exchange, actually it becomes obvious especially in high speed exchanges. 

Pondus, i will make a video just for you! 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:50pm
...and the scouters; so post please. btw I want to try Rhythm even more after reading that!
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Pondus, i will make a video just for you! 

Lol - I wasn't looking for you to have to go great lengths for this – I was just curious to see how your game has progressed. I remember you said you had beaten a 2000 rated player recently, so you must have taken some pretty good-sized leaps.
Much appreciated regardless.

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

...and the scouters; so post please. btw I want to try Rhythm even more after reading that!

Ironically, in this "Maxxx"-thread, I've also become more curious about Rhyzm. Smile

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 5:58pm
If I post a before and after video of my game before and after Rhyzm, people will buy Rhyzm, though it was more that there is a 12 month, 300 pt gap between videos...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic