FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Cotton vs polyester

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 3:21am
Dri-fit clothes will keep you dry. Cotton will become very wet and will give you chills. 
Sponsored Links

Rolli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

get the 'jersey' brand of cotton shirts, they're thinner and lighter than the regular cotton shirts.

"Jersey" is the way the cotton fabric is knitted. There are some way to knit a jersey-fabric, namley single- and double-jersey (most sports-textiles are double-jersey) Jaquard-jersey for top-of-the-line fabrics or interloc-jersey.

The jersey-knitting makes the fabric stretchable, softer and more accessible to the sweat.
There is also jersey made by silk. This is, worn under your sports-shirt, a very comfortable way to deal with your sweating.

Blade 1: Donic Burn aratox RS
FH: Joola Maxxx 2.0
BH: Joola Maxxx max.
Weight: 171gr.

Blade 2: andro Super Core Cell All+
FH: Friendship 729 Higher 1.8
BH: Friendship 729 Higher 2.0
Weight: 182gr.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 12:44pm
I lean toward the the notion that simpler and cheaper is better and started playing in cotton t-shirts because I already had a ton of them. But I soon found that they stuck to my body when I'd sweat and always felt like they were binding.  And that is even with slightly oversized shirts.  They also got heavy with sweat because they were very good at soaking up sweat, but didn't seem to be very good at evaporating it. 

So I eventually bought a shirt made of some kind of synthetic "wicking" material and immediately preferred it.  I did not, however, prefer the price.  But I found that the 2nd tier brands would be on sale at pretty low prices $10-$15 at the larger sports store pretty regularly.  So I just made it a point to buy a few whenever there was a sale.  I'm now well stocked and definitely prefer them over my 100% cotton t-shirts.  They seem to last a long time so I'm set for quite a while. 

I don't prefer any particular brand of wicking tech because I don't pay enough attention to that to know the difference - if there is any. I think most of my stuff is Champion brand and I'm happy with whatever it is that they are doing.

Edited by wturber - 09/22/2013 at 12:45pm
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 9:09am
Poly every time, but it has to be constructed right. Example, the older Nexy jerseys like the Blue Wind, while they looked great, just made the sweat accumulate and suffocate you. That kind of make is still around in many company jersey products. The ones with larger holes, like BTY Dusseldorf and Nexy Sunset, those are great with a Tony the Tiger endorsement.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 2:35pm
Synthetic dri-fit or smth similar shirt is good in longer sweaty matches... but after a while I like to change to a all-cotton shirt. It works just fine whenever I play in conditions when my body doesn't sweat too much. Especially if it is relatively cold in the playing hall - keeps me a bit warmer.

Still I always playing begin in a synthetic shirt and then make a change if necessary. Often I go entire tournament (6-7 hours) with just two synthetics or a synthetic and an all-cotton.

If you sweat a lot then try a good dri-fit shirt from Donic, Nexy; non-TT brands work too, I like ones from UnderArmour and Adidas.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Rolli Rolli wrote:

Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

get the 'jersey' brand of cotton shirts, they're thinner and lighter than the regular cotton shirts.

"Jersey" is the way the cotton fabric is knitted. There are some way to knit a jersey-fabric, namley single- and double-jersey (most sports-textiles are double-jersey) Jaquard-jersey for top-of-the-line fabrics or interloc-jersey.

The jersey-knitting makes the fabric stretchable, softer and more accessible to the sweat.
There is also jersey made by silk. This is, worn under your sports-shirt, a very comfortable way to deal with your sweating.

I meant "jerzees" shirts,  very light weight and comfortable.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 9:43pm
soccer.com / Eurosport they have a bunch of really nice gear 
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Sahil Dhawan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahil Dhawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2021 at 7:43am
First of all hello you all, so here the question is about cotton and polyster. In my opinion a big yes to cotton, as there is a big reason behind it. I have been wearing cotton shirts since last seven years and trust me in terms of fabric nothing is better than the cotton and when compared to polyster so I will say that the polyster can not stand in front of cotton in many terms like mainly its fit and finish.  
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Sahil Dhawan Sahil Dhawan wrote:

polyster can not stand in front of cotton in many terms like mainly its fit and finish.  

What do you mean, "stand in front"?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2021 at 4:45pm
I find that poly shirts stick to me just as bad as cotton. When I'm wearing cotton I don't seem to stink but when I wear polyester I always do. I prefer cotton and just frequent change of shirts, I've decided

Edited by cole_ely - 05/20/2021 at 4:46pm
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2021 at 3:15pm
I actually prefer polyester but not in summer. In summer I sweat too much and once the polyester shirt is full it will start to drip around me. It's really annoying and dangerous. Cotton gets equally wet but it doesn't make a puddle under me...
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic