Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rhyzm and Rhyzm 425

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Rhyzm and Rhyzm 425
    Posted: 10/05/2013 at 9:52am
Has anyone played extensively with one of these 2 rubbers and like to tell me about how they play? I'm finding MX-P an excellent rubber, but I'm looking for something with a more linear behaviour, with better control, while maintaining a decent pace.

Is Rhyzm and Rhyzm 425 a long way from eachother? I'm thinking of using Rhyzm FH and Rhyzm 425 BH, just going to ask if there's a substantial difference in hardness, that I'll have to adjust a lot. How do these rubbers compare with something like T05?

I would also like to point out that I like using a wide variety of stroke on the backhand, need some sort of "do it all" rubber, because I rely a lot on blocking and topspinning/countering etc.

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Has anyone played extensively with one of these 2 rubbers and like to tell me about how they play? I'm finding MX-P an excellent rubber, but I'm looking for something with a more linear behaviour, with better control, while maintaining a decent pace.

Is Rhyzm and Rhyzm 425 a long way from eachother? I'm thinking of using Rhyzm FH and Rhyzm 425 BH, just going to ask if there's a substantial difference in hardness, that I'll have to adjust a lot. How do these rubbers compare with something like T05?

I would also like to point out that I like using a wide variety of stroke on the backhand, need some sort of "do it all" rubber, because I rely a lot on blocking and topspinning/countering etc.

Yes, there is a substantial difference in hardness.  42.5 degree sponge is not 47.5/48 degree sponge.  Both are linear and very controllable.  If you have no weight or hardness issues, get the regular.

They are both medium high throw rubbers.  Excellent control but in some hands may be bouncy.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 11:56am
I play with Normal Rhyzm, 48 degrees. For me it's still too soft. the harder the sponge the better the control is most of the times true
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by DHSHurricane DHSHurricane wrote:

I play with Normal Rhyzm, 48 degrees. For me it's still too soft. the harder the sponge the better the control is most of the times true

For me, it depends on the shot.  Softer sponges make it harder for me to hit linear shots on my forehand, but they make it easier for me to give the ball heavy rotation.  My best results were with the 42.5 sponge for what its worth, but I can understand why people who spin harder would prefer the regular sponge.

Rhyzm has a nice topsheet so not sure why you would consider it soft.

Edited by NextLevel - 10/05/2013 at 12:04pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 8:03am
SmackDAT, what are you using to boost your MX-P?
If you want better control then why not try not boosting? (Although I personally find boosting often improves control) I use the Falco tempo (not long) booster.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 8:52am
the mx-p is still spinnier but i find the rhyzm 48 degrees as the more durable rubber.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by DHSHurricane DHSHurricane wrote:

For me, it depends on the shot.  Softer sponges make it harder for me to hit linear shots on my forehand, but they make it easier for me to give the ball heavy rotation.  My best results were with the 42.5 sponge for what its worth, but I can understand why people who spin harder would prefer the regular sponge.

Rhyzm has a nice topsheet so not sure why you would consider it soft.

I don't think it's soft, I consider it as a hard rubber. It's just too soft for me. 
That's true. soft rubbers are most of the times better for close to the table play because of their shorter drift.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic