Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rosskopf Emotion - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

It's has been a long time since I read this thread. I'm planning to give it another try this summertime before the seasons starts. I've been using RWV for 5 years with M2/Rozena and I'm really used to my setup,  I think I might switch to something harder on the FH with 47° at least. What do you think? Im a lefty power looper that opens wide angles with his BH, but my FH is much stronger than my BH. 

Do you feel it's still suitable for ABS ? Maybe GA8 50° could suit my FH?

I have tried JRE but I can't answer you questions because I only play for a session and to be honest I don't really click with hinoki since I have used mostly limba and koto blades.

But the reason I reply your post is because I ENVY YOU.......   You play with your set-up for 5 years!!!!.   I just can't do that.   Although I don't consider myself an EJ, still I can't fully commit to one blade.  Grass is always greener on the other side. Wink

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Sponsored Links

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2019 at 4:17am
I know RWV is nearly the opposite because the harder outer ply different/less dwell time but I would like to improve my short game and receives. I was really comfy with RW, but sometimes I struggled with short game close to the table.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2019 at 4:13pm
jujudock76600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2019 at 11:13am
hello, nobody tried it?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by jujudock76600 jujudock76600 wrote:

hello, nobody tried it?
We are talking about 200eur Joola blade, so you'll have to be patient.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2019 at 11:16pm
Guys, can someone share information about blade balance with heavy rubbers like t05, mxp?
Let's say one side is heavy rubber like mxp and bh side midum rubber like Hexer grip or aurus select 

Is it gonna be head heavy with this kind of setup?
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2020 at 8:08pm
This blade was very popular judging by this thread.

So does anyone still use this blade with the ABS ball?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 7:10pm
I have been using Joola Rossi Emotion for the past 4 maybe 5 years with T05 on my FH and Dignics 05 BH. The Dignics 05 was fairly recent, as I use to play with T05 on both sides. Is it heavy? Yep relatively heavy but I got used to it. I have some slower more spin loop oriented setup, and some pretty fast and stiff carbon type blades, but I have always come back to my JRE which for me gives the right combination of controllable offensive and defensive options. I stick to JRE because its just right for my skill set and its a whole lot of fun.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 1:00pm

fb.me/spinnier
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Joola Rossi Emotion has a new look:

also new size..

old model was 156 x 152

new model is 157 x 151

confirmed this info from Joola USA staff.

Edited by AMonteiro - 09/10/2020 at 1:15pm
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 3:52pm
The new Rossi Emotion PBO-C is a great blade.  I've sold about 5 of them at our club.  It is faster than the original Rossi Emotion and just feels more solid.  I would categorize it as a slow Off blade or maybe even an OFF- blade.  It's definitely a great blade, with good control.  I played with it for a few months but when the new Freeze blade came out I started playing with it and really liked the extra speed it provided while still maintaining pretty good control.  
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

The new Rossi Emotion PBO-C is a great blade.  I've sold about 5 of them at our club.  It is faster than the original Rossi Emotion and just feels more solid.  I would categorize it as a slow Off blade or maybe even an OFF- blade.  It's definitely a great blade, with good control.  I played with it for a few months but when the new Freeze blade came out I started playing with it and really liked the extra speed it provided while still maintaining pretty good control.  

I do believe it is. However, the blade on the photo above is not new Rossi Emotion PBO-c (for those who don't know, PBO=Zylon), but Rossi Emotion (with two layers of 3K-c or "triple carbon").

fb.me/spinnier
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 5:31pm
Acuda Dave, have you short pimple days been put behind you?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2020 at 1:55am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

The new Rossi Emotion PBO-C is a great blade.  I've sold about 5 of them at our club.  It is faster than the original Rossi Emotion and just feels more solid.  I would categorize it as a slow Off blade or maybe even an OFF- blade
Puh, I just tested the PBO-C and in my eyes it is an the fast side of Off, more Off+ than Off-,
definitely too fast for me. Therefore I will offer it for sale this weekend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 3:59am
I finally bought the new PBOc version! A REVIEW Joola Rosskopf Emotion PBOc

Handle: Flared (103x25x34)

Weight: 80 – 85 grams

Thickness: 6.3 mm

Plies: 7 ply (Hinoki-Koto-PBOc-Ayous-PBOc-Koto-Hinoki) not actually stated in the Catalog but should be same veneers as JRE, just my guess

Speed: Off (Fast)

Stiffness: Medium Stiff   

Touch: Hard

Trajectory:  Medium Arc

Control: Medium to High

Would love to post pics of my blade but don't know how, sorry.

My main blade these past few years is a Joola Rosskopf Emotion or JRE. I bought this new upgraded version of the blade, the JRE PBOc since this was the newest edition of the premium Joola line,  and I thought would be an improvement. I needed an upgrade which I thought would level up my playing performance. And for such reasons and justifications, like all the other regular equipment junkies (EJs) would resort to I ordered this blade. So for this review, I may compare mostly to my old JRE as reference.

I used Tenergy 05 rubbers on both sides of this brand new blade. I used it warming up with several hundred balls on my robot. I used it to play a couple of games  at our club against my usual playmates. So my review of the blade may only be my initial perception, and I may add some more or fine tune my impression as I play with it more in the weeks to come.

The blade is finely made, precisely crafted. Quality is very high, finish is extra sleek. I suspect the blade may even be lightly sealed as it seemed to exhibit some gloss. No sharp edges that needs sanding. Top plies are smooth with the beauty of the Hinoki grain clearly evident in the ply.

The handle is flared,  identical to the size and shape of  the old JRE, which is relatively small compared to most blades. I use a rubber tube grip which gives me a more comfy chunkier grip.

When hitting with the blade, it produces a high “thok” sound which I found very similar to its 5 ply brother the Joola Nobilis PBOc. Hitting forehand to forehand drills, it is clearly evident that this is a quick blade, with the capability of some power when you exert effort as with most synthetic/carbon blades. I believe that this blade is a tad faster than the Joola Nobilis PBOc.

On soft touch strokes, such as returning serves short by the net, the blade was fairly controllable. Despite using TO5, the blade was controllable on soft short strokes. If you exert force and engage the inner material, then the blade can be fairly quick. And it has power when you go whack with it.

The sweet spot for this blade is large. I never felt a bad feeling even when I hit near the edge of the blade face, so huge sweet spot. This gives bigger tolerance for inaccuracies in hitting the blade.

Hinoki top veneer ensures spin generation is still adequately high, maybe a tad less compared to the old JRE. But this blade makes up with a lot more speed. If trajectory of the old JRE is high arc, this blade would be medium. Not really as flat and long as most fast carbon blades. Speed is fast and would be a notch higher than OFF but still far from OFF+.

On serves, it takes some getting used to, compared to my old JRE. I still need to learn to use it on most of my serves. But on the serves that I could adequately do, like the pendulum side-under, the spin generation coupled with the speed was ridiculously wicked. So the blade has a high potential for spin generation on serves if you know how. Serving short is easy and manageable.

On opening of loops, angle of the blade also needs some adjusting compared to my JRE. Trajectory of the ball is longer with arc not as pronounced. Once you overcome that, the blade has a pleasant feel to loop and drive with power even if you step back from the table. The feeling is pleasant when looping. So this is a fun attacking blade that will allow you to topspin and drive ad infinitum. It is a topspin looping machine on steroids. On blocking it is firm, stable and fast on the rebound. The blade shines in blocking, and punch blocking, nice crisp feeling when you do.

On my old JRE with T05, I can feel the rubber bottoming out with a peculiar “poink” sound when doing counters against strong drives. In the new JRE PBOc this does not happen, the ball rebounds with a strong quick pleasant feel. Probably has something to do with dwell time on the blade.

With T05 on both sides, this blade should be heavy but somehow because the blade is light,  it does not feel that way. So it must be a fairly balanced blade.

The blade demands some skill to use effectively. It is definitely not a blade for beginners, maybe more useful for intermediate to advanced players. Skilled  offensive topspin players capable of attacking from both wings, topspin oriented spin variation players, power spin players  are best suited to unleash the full potential of this blade. This blade will reward the active player more than the passive one.

Speed and power, touch and control are two paired qualities that seem to be inversely proportional in most conventional blades. For the JRE PBOc, Joola seemed to have found the right mix without compromising feeling and control for speed and power. It still is a fast blade with the capability for soft controlled touch. Nice soft touch in the short game and a lot of speed when hitting.

For me the blade is a bit on the expensive side, but for its qualities, it is money well worth spending, if you know what I mean. (wink, wink) 

All these are my  impressions of the blade gathered  from a few sessions of play. Of course I talk and shoot bull more than I can actually play. So all these should be taken with a grain of salt. Only my opinion for whatever it's worth. Should you find this review useless and a complete waste of your precious time, then my apologies. 

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2020 at 6:18am
Very nice review. If you could compare it to nobilis pbo-c with same rubbers.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Very nice review. If you could compare it to nobilis pbo-c with same rubbers.

Compared to Nobilis the JRE PBOc has more Speed, a little bit less Control, same Hardness, a wee bit less Flex.

And no, I have not tried switching rubbers of the Nobilis, Rhyzer and T-88 were the rubbers I tried with it. I presume I will still like Nobilis with T05 and I believe spin generation and dwell time will improve somewhat.

Oh and the Ayous inner ply composition is actually Kiri in the new JRE PBOc
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2021 at 11:43pm
Guys, could you please advise the rubber for my FH and BH 
Prefer looping from both sides. FH oriented. BH is still under development. I don't have strong loop kill shots. More of a allround player. 
Skill level - probably medium level player. Below video of me to understand the level. I would be thankful if you could advise what is approximate level in states. 
JRE FH - Nittaku g1, BH - Donic baracuda big slam (lacks grip and less effective on blocks) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqMlbpA7iK0 I am in Black/white T shirt. 

Currently put Andro HPG 1.9 on FH and nittaku G1 on bh. 
Andro HPG bottoms out during strong shots and G1 little bit hard for my BH. 
but HPG 1.9 feels more spiny on powershots. 

I know JRE is not as Korbel where you can put almost any rubber and it is gonna play so that's why I am curious about good combination with JRE exactly. 
I was thinking about Victas v11 extra (light one) on my BH to decrease the weight or both sides. Prefer more light combination. 

Edited by player87 - 04/16/2021 at 12:15am
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2021 at 2:46pm
Rhyzm-P and Rhyzm 42.5 are both a good match for JRE. If you need smth harder for FH power, then... Dignics 05!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2021 at 1:12am
JRE FLARED handle sucks

I think it’s too thin yet bulky in certain spots. Doesn’t allow you to freely hold/adjust
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2021 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

JRE FLARED handle sucks

I think it’s too thin yet bulky in certain spots. Doesn’t allow you to freely hold/adjust

I don't have any issues with handle. More interested in rubbers that suits JRE.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Guys, could you please advise the rubber for my FH and BH 
Prefer looping from both sides. FH oriented. BH is still under development. I don't have strong loop kill shots. More of a allround player. 
Skill level - probably medium level player. Below video of me to understand the level. I would be thankful if you could advise what is approximate level in states. 
JRE FH - Nittaku g1, BH - Donic baracuda big slam (lacks grip and less effective on blocks) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqMlbpA7iK0 I am in Black/white T shirt. 

Currently put Andro HPG 1.9 on FH and nittaku G1 on bh. 
Andro HPG bottoms out during strong shots and G1 little bit hard for my BH. 
but HPG 1.9 feels more spiny on powershots. 

I know JRE is not as Korbel where you can put almost any rubber and it is gonna play so that's why I am curious about good combination with JRE exactly. 
I was thinking about Victas v11 extra (light one) on my BH to decrease the weight or both sides. Prefer more light combination. 
I am not sure what specific blade you are referring to? The old JRE or the new JRE PBO-c? The old JRE is my main blade the past four years and it was just right for me. The rubbers I used it with are T05, Dignics 05, Hexer HD, 1Q, Joola Golden Tango, Samba Tech, Nittaku Moristo DF, G1, SpinLord Adler, and even short pimples like SpinLord Waran, DHS 802, C7. I like JRE with soft, medium soft, spinny rubbers and not so much with hard chinese type rubbers. I believe a lot of rubbers play well with JRE, like I particularly like Nittaku Moristo DF on my BH, and likewise Dignics 05 which is a completely different type of rubber. T05 is likewise viable on my BH with active style of play. On FH I love T05, 1Q, G1, Hexer HD and of course Dignics 05.
Now for the new JRE PBO-c, which I only bought because there were no stocks available of the old JRE (the classic EJ mantra) and despite the fact that it was expensive, well I liked it so much with T05 on both sides! The old JRE for me is much more versatile in its capability but the JRE PBO-c is much more wicked in its blocks and power on offense. The rubbers fits just fine and I see no reason to try some other rubber on it.
I cannot help you with some of the rubbers you mentioned such as Victas, etc as I have no experience on these. Just my thoughts, hope this helps. God bless

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2021 at 1:38am
Thank you for your feedback. I am using old JRE not PBO-C version. Currently using Nittaku G1 on my FH and Andro Hexer PG 1.9 on BH. G1 is quite a good rubber but require more push movement to bite the ball so in cases where your legs are not in position it is more difficult to play during the match. 

As for BH, just looking for medium hardness rubber with good grip for controlled blocking and looping
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2021 at 10:18am

JRE FLARED handle sucks

Regard the handle, the newly designed version from 2021 (not talking about PBO-C version) has a different handle (a lot better) and new blade face size. The balance is a little better, IMO. 

I had one from old model that was too light also, 78gr. My new one came with 88g. Feels more solid and faster.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2021 at 2:03pm

JRE FLARED handle sucks

I have totally different impression. For me handle very comfortable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2021 at 7:06pm
Did anyone try JRE with Joola Dynaryz AGR rubber?
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2021 at 11:55pm
didn't try but I think it will be dead in terms of speed. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2021 at 12:23pm
Dead you mean slow? Is Dynaryz so slow? JRE does not look like a very slow blade.
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2021 at 5:58am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Dead you mean slow? Is Dynaryz so slow? JRE does not look like a very slow blade.
On ALC blade this Joola rubber is ok but on JRE is really slow. I tried it once. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2022 at 10:03am
I own a JRE which I got second hand, not really in the best of condition. I liked it so much that I went out looking for a new one. None available in my country so I bought the new Joola Rossi Emotion PBO-C. A completely different class of blade from the old JRE. It did not play much like the old JRE.

So off I went to look for another JRE type blade. I heard that Joola Aruna Off was a renamed JRE. The build and layers were still the same. So I bought an Aruna Off, Tenergy 80FX paired with Joola Golden Tango are the rubbers.

Guess what? The Aruna Off, plays the same as the old JRE, feels the same. The handle is colored green like Aruna's national flag. I hereby declare that Aruna Off and the JRE are in fact the very same blade.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic