Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rosskopf Emotion - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 4:15am
Originally posted by puppy412 puppy412 wrote:

I didn't like ths blade much.
slow and very soft feel.
not much power, light weight.

I understand very much where you are coming from - maybe the heavier ones would do a bit better, but the soft feel is what makes it good for the short game and first loop - I guess it all depends on where you try to win your points.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 4:23am
Played one league tonight, the next is on Thursday.  Lost 2-3 in full choke mode to one of our club sand baggers after having quite a few match points.  Beat everyone else comfortably.  Sometimes, it's hard to remember how light a table tennis ball is.   

I don't think the blade makes me a better player but I enjoy playing with it.  That must count for something.  I feel as if I can massage the ball - ridiculous EJ speak, I know, but that is why I Want to keep it.

Cybershape Carbon
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 5:02am
As I said earlier, when I switch TO my RE, I feel like I have no more power. But actually my opponent does not seem to find the ball much easier to deal with, and after a minute or so, the feeling is gone and while I can accelerate, the gain in control remains.

The only place where it becomes clear the RE isn't as powerful is from mid-distance. With the same movement the ball ends up in the net. That isn't to say I cannot adjust. My game is mostly powerful counter attacks when I'm pushed back but I could probably change this to more spinny returns...

The softness of the RE is clearly one of the significant characteristics of the blade. Together with a light weight and more than sufficient speed for most but the power freaks.

It's growing on me and I will give it a try as my primary blade when I change my rubbers, around Xmas.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 5:10pm
I received my other 2 blades today; they are 84 grams each. One is faster than the other though given the skull test while the 1st 2 are the very same: 78g and same sound from skull test. not sure about the 2 I'll keep now.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 6:37pm
I think that the power problems of this blade would recommend the heavier ones.
Cybershape Carbon
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 7:03pm
He he I like your subtle approach. If my trading partner does not want the two 78g ones you are next level in my list.
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by puppy412 puppy412 wrote:

I didn't like ths blade much.
slow and very soft feel.
not much power, light weight.

I understand very much where you are coming from - maybe the heavier ones would do a bit better, but the soft feel is what makes it good for the short game and first loop - I guess it all depends on where you try to win your points.

yes control is awesome.
power was where it didn't convince me.
but maybe with tenergy it would do well.
I don't remember but I think I used it with chinese rubbers or mark v or sriver.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

He he I like your subtle approach. If my trading partner does not want the two 78g ones you are next level in my list.

Already ordered a backup from timtts.
Cybershape Carbon
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 12:50pm
what I really like in the Emotion is that it does everything I want without trying to be a superstar at anything: it has ALL  I need without taking over and conducting me with features I can't control or dominate; in other words it serves me instead of forcing me to adapt to its characteristics. It has no vibrations while giving great feedback; excellent speed; enough softness without the mushy feel and enough hardness to hit and smash at the same time. For my level it is the best blade I can get given the friendly price. Frankly it could be a $100+ blade and I would say the same thing.
Of course there are plenty of blades that fit the description for my game and I am probably stopping to test blades because I am tired of it and the Emotion comes in my hands at the right time.
Now what will I do with the 2 Stiga Intensity Carbon that are in the mail? (trade + cash for the 2 emotion I did not keep); a quick test+comparison? yes, sure. I hope I do not start another wave of silly testing to mask a reality: more practice at the table with the same setup and less posting about material is what I really need for my game. I hope the Emotion does that for me and that the Intensity Carbon does not arrive in my hands to ruin the good resolution.

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 2:02pm
Which RE are you using ? 78gr or 84gr ? Have you already tried both ? If so, did you notice any differences ? 
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 2:09pm
I let the 2 78gr go; I keep the 84gr ones; actually on my scale one is going back and forth between 83 and 84 for 2 seconds and stabilizes on 84; the other is going back and forth between 84 and 85 for the same time and stabilizes on 84 as well; the latter has a higher pitch in the skull test and that's the one I use. I did not find significant differences at play time between that one and one of the 2 78gr that I used for 30 minutes, both with the same rubbers. Same solid medium soft feel; same speed...the decision to keep the 2 84g ones was arbitrary, just to stay with what I have been using for a long time.

DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 3:14pm
I've ordered one blade under 80gr.

Do you think could be a good 'second blade' for Photino Light?.

Edited by DrBacterius - 11/02/2013 at 3:14pm
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 4:13pm
I think it could be a good 'three blades' for the photino light (price wise); all 3 better than the photino light LOL
The problem is you really need to communicate thoroughly with timtts before ordering so you can get his word about the weight of the blade(s) you will receive.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 4:27pm

Various macro pictures of the plies of the RE (83.5g FL) where the 7 plies are clearly visible:

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 1:15am
where can we find other pictures showing the same pattern than the 2nd and 6th (koto as advertised) plies in the handle picture above; I have seen that pattern before but can't remember where.

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 3:17am
Here's mine arrived two days ago. A closeup of wing part with my cell. Just look at the high quality craftmanship. Next week it will be the time for the first smashes Big smile

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 6:15am

what I really like in the Emotion is that it does everything I want without trying to be a superstar at anything: it has ALL  I need without taking over and conducting me with features I can't control or dominate; in other words it serves me instead of forcing me to adapt to its characteristics. It has no vibrations while giving great feedback; excellent speed; enough softness without the mushy feel and enough hardness to hit and smash at the same time. ...

Fully agree with what you say and happy that you like the Emotion, at least so far.
It's a do-it-all blade. Really good at everything, without sacrificing anything.
In German, we would call this the "oviparous wool-milk pig" Smile
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 7:46am

I let the 2 78gr go; I keep the 84gr ones; actually on my scale one is going back and forth between 83 and 84 for 2 seconds and stabilizes on 84; the other is going back and forth between 84 and 85 for the same time and stabilizes on 84 as well; the latter has a higher pitch in the skull test and that's the one I use. I did not find significant differences at play time between that one and one of the 2 78gr that I used for 30 minutes, both with the same rubbers. Same solid medium soft feel; same speed...the decision to keep the 2 84g ones was arbitrary, just to stay with what I have been using for a long time.

Interesting. This is one thing that Jolan also said on tt.com, that he found regardless of weight differences, all RE he tried performed similarly.

(Jolan, feel free to correct if I misinterpreted)
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 7:54am
Yes. Correct. Also, this is one of the rare blade I know that fits equally well tenergy-like rubbers, tensor rubbers and chinese rubbers. Now , I never had a 78 or even 74gr sample in hands. My lightest is 82gr. That's why I asked fatt about it.

Edited by Jolan - 11/03/2013 at 11:50am
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 7:59am
I have a 79g but have not tried any other, so can't really help there.

It's now fitted with a Vega Pro (FH) and a used T64 BH.

I might use it this week's game. My lack of practice is becoming visible during games, so maybe getting a bit slower would be appropriate...

Stay tuned.
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 10:00am
so you all have tempted me enough! if anyone has a joola emotion they are willing to split with, i am willing to buy! PM me. (im in US)
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 11:40am
@ ah Fatt
Very nice & detailed pics. you posted there.
man, you're an incurable EJ. No medication & treatment could help you now...
The bugs are infectious & I should've stayed away from these threads esp. those of yours. You really have done incredible bad things to me which you haven't realized.
Wonder Tim has any not too light ones w/ Ana. handle? Ermm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 12:46pm
Ej's over; I am done for good this time.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 2:08pm
I have one for sale 87gm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 2:53pm
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Trying something

Works ! My first macro picture with my cell phone and inserted via imageshack on forum also using my cell phone. Quality not as good as with my camera, but took only 2mm. Not bad...
Back to topic. I think the secret of RE comes from second koto ply . Very special koto, it looks to me. Bee nest like. It absorbs and restores energy.

Edited by Jolan - 11/03/2013 at 3:12pm
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 3:13pm

Ej's over; I am done for good this time.

Shocked
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 3:26pm
Compared to outer koto ply of tbs, we can notice it is definitally not the same koto.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 3:46pm
I have seen somewhere (I think on this forum) that "leopard" pattern shown in that picture in plies 2 and 6.

I think the reason we do not see the same in your picture might be you show a ply that has vertically aligned grain while on the handle picture it is horizontally aligned. Maybe if you take a picture of the very top of the head of your tbs?

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 4:45pm
Played another tournament today (i got the date for the league wrong - October has 5 Thursdays so it is this coming Thursday). I still don't play as well with thus blade as I did with the oversized head blades but I am closing the gap and will continue to work on it. Also, the rubber change is a contributor - Juic Nanospin 2 plays much better on this blade but it still ain't Tenergy, no matter what Jim Butler says.

I am trying to work on my ability to back off the table and exchange as a precursor to backing off the table and counterlooping. Will need to enhance my anticipation abilities.

But nothing has changed about how I feel playing with this blade. The feedback is pleasant. I can't wait for my backup to arrive so I can stick on thicker sheets of Nanospin 2. If Jim Butler is to be believed, these sheets may outlast my ping pong days....
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 5:07pm

I have seen somewhere (I think on this forum) that "leopard" pattern shown in that picture in plies 2 and 6.

Yes. The Hayabusa blades have a similar pattern on one of their plies I think. 
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic