Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rosskopf Emotion - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 6:53pm
He he http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47732&PID=690413&title=new-xiom-hayabusa-blades#690413

Here we see it at the bottom of the handle because the top koto ply is vertically aligned. Tx andy
Sponsored Links

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Ej's over; I am done for good this time.

Shocked

we know better, don't we Andy Wink
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 11:48pm
well, I'm in... $51.58 shipped w/ current exchange rate. ordered a ST

astounding price given what megaspin is asking
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 11:59pm
hey btw where is this blade made?
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 12:28am
what rubbers will go well with this blade? any ideas?
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 6:14am
I got one today. ST handle, 73 gr! Blades I use are 85 to 90 gr, so I won't play with it. Let me know if anyone's interested.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 9:58am
73g..dang it's so light & almost as light as that last Andro Super Core Carbon LIGHT, 70g or something which I tried & I didn't like it at all..
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I got one today. ST handle, 73 gr! Blades I use are 85 to 90 gr, so I won't play with it. Let me know if anyone's interested.
you'll be surprised how solid it stays even with that much weight loss! try it; you are the best tester on this since you have at first such a negative perception. I am very curious about your impressions.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 10:25am
Why no picture of the blade face... I want to see the top ply, to see how quality of the Hinoki used.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 10:55am
Unfortunately I won't try it. I have no negative perception. The problem here is; when i play with significantly lighter or heavyier blades, my shoulder or elbow hurts for 2-3 sessions at least and i don't want to go in to that trouble. 18 grams will really make a differencce. I am also open for offers if anyone has a Straight handle with 84~88 gr weight.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Why no picture of the blade face... I want to see the top ply, to see how quality of the Hinoki used.
I like to play with the macro function of that cheap camera I have (Pentax X5 refurbished); I'll do 2 pics later this morning: one of the whole face and one closeup of the top ply.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 11:10am

Unfortunately I won't try it. I have no negative perception. The problem here is; when i play with significantly lighter or heavyier blades, my shoulder or elbow hurts for 2-3 sessions at least and i don't want to go in to that trouble. 18 grams will really make a differencce. I am also open for offers if anyone has a Straight handle with 84~88 gr weight.
I will buy it off you.  Let me know.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 12:09pm
the 2 first pics are made with auto focus from a foot or so; the other are taken with the macro function, 2 or 3cm away from the blade (as close as possible so the lens does not shadow the point of focus).

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 12:13pm
Very nice pics Fatt.  Thank you for sharing.  The top ply looks nice, with even and dense wood grain.  I would seal it though.
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 12:58pm
+1 fatt, man that hinoki looks sexy
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 1:10pm

Ej's over; I am done for good this time.
yeah right...well, if you're DONE after this time, you pretty are sure so far bring a lotta people "Down" with this Rossi "Emotional" Fever.
I'm good as I've a special immunity against this Emotion as John on the other end manages to keep my focus off this "Emotion" with his hidden gems he hasn't shown us all.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 1:39pm
The quality is really good for the price. ST handle is smooth and comfy.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 1:40pm

The quality is really good for the price. ST handle is smooth and comfy.

if you are willing, please post a pic of the st handle
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 2:11pm

Very nice pics Fatt.  Thank you for sharing.  The top ply looks nice, with even and dense wood grain.  I would seal it though.
yep; that's the 1st thing I thought about when I watched the closeup pictures of the grain: we can see some tiny pieces of wood sticking up and those are big helpers to splinter the blade when taking off the rubbers. I think I'll 600 grit sand my 2 blades, apply spray poly and rub with a paper towel to seal.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 2:41pm
See here;

http://www.sundns.org/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=305435

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 2:46pm

yep; that's the 1st thing I thought about when I watched the closeup pictures of the grain: we can see some tiny pieces of wood sticking up and those are big helpers to splinter the blade when taking off the rubbers. I think I'll 600 grit sand my 2 blades, apply spray poly and rub with a paper towel to seal.

This is how I seal the Hinoki blade.  Just rub hard with the palm of your hand to get rid of those tiny wood pores(?), spray with water base sealant, then use the credit card to spread the sealant around, give it some time (10-15 seconds) to soak in, then scrape the excess sealant off the blade.  Let it dry.  You will have a nice, even, thin sealant.  You may not even see the sealant unless you look at it at the angle.  Sometime I give it a second coat depending on how soft the Hinoki ply is. Remember too thick sealant WILL destroy the characteristic of the Hinoki feel.

Edited by mhnh007 - 11/05/2013 at 2:48pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 2:12pm
Ordered one @88 gr. Perfect weight for me.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 2:14pm

is that from timtts.be?  if yes, did you ask the weight through email before paying? if not who did you buy it from and at how much?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 3:00pm
so apparently, this blade is woodier than a TBS and slower as well.

Any advantages of this blade over a popular $50 - $75 wood blade?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Better sweet spot and great short game.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

any advantage to get an innerforce alc that costs $130 instead of a $50-$75 wood blade?
Why spending $130 in an innerforce alc blade when one can have a good $65 fast all wood like the Xiom Aria? Tongue

If I was forced to answer your question with something that makes sense and that favors the Rossi Emotion over all-wood performing blades with the same speed and control ratings, I would say the soft carbon adds structural integrity without making the blade overly fast and hard; the thin top hinoki ply with the harder koto ply underneath tames the soft carbon sandwiching the softer than kiri ayous core; it is a mellow innerforce closer to to the all wood in behavior; it has all advantages of the innerforce series and all wood blades at the same time and it costs only $50.

Your question is shaking the whole industry; why spending $50 to get the same or better performance than a innerforce almost 3 times more expensive when we can have an all wood blade at the same $50 price or $25 more...? I don't get it.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 4:18pm

is that from timtts.be?  if yes, did you ask the weight through email before paying? if not who did you buy it from and at how much?

Yep, from Tim and asked him before ordering.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 4:39pm

Your question is shaking the whole industry; why spending $50 to get the same or better performance than a innerforce almost 3 times more expensive when we can have an all wood blade at the same $50 price or $25 more...? I don't get it.

No, my question wasn't Innerforce vs RE: it was RE vs a similar priced all-wood blade. I'm trying to find out to whom the blade caters to.

Your answered most of my queries (thanks for that) but here's why I asked - no need to answer that again as I'm just responding to your "I don't get it".

Basically:

I get it why a big set of (genuine, non-EJ) players would pay up for TB-ALC / IF-ZLC / Viscaria / what have you over the RE: they either are very good / fast from at the table or prefer to play at mid-distance with powerful strokes. Mind you, I'm not talking about Innerforce ALC - while I have played with that blade, I haven't played enough to comment as much as you. I have played with another IF all-wood like blade a lot - the LSW. However, I'd put the performance of that blade more like the Viscaria from mid-distance (now, I think that it is faster than my TBS from there because of its flex) while remaining woody from at the table. This is not what the RE apparently strives to be.

The blades from the IF series that I've played with extensively - LSW, IF-ZLC and IF-ZLF all have large catapault from mid-distance and are flexy. So, that is their application / use. But, apparently, this has neither as it does not have much flex.

From the descriptions of many members here, it seems that RE caters to a different set of players & perhaps offers similar spin & speed characteristics as many all-wood blades in that $50 - $75 range. Again: I'm unsure and hence my genuine question: if RE truly is a bit like a fast Primorac or Korbel or a lighter Clipper wood, then what characteristics of that blade make it better than those all-wood blades.

But yes, at $50 both RE and more importantly timtts.be should be declared big winners.

Edited by slevin - 11/07/2013 at 5:27pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 5:25pm
One odd thing is that when I first read the blade composition, I thought it would be too bouncy.
Koto & Hinoki individually are fairly bouncy outers. Add them together and add carbon to the mix, my initial impression was that this would be uncontrollable in low gears. But from reports, I'm clearly very wrong on this. I wonder how the designer achieved this.
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 5:47pm
i emailed timstt but he never got back to me, did you guys use the "chat" function on the bottom of his website?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
  Share Topic