Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great rally @ Westchester Feb14 Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great rally @ Westchester Feb14 Open
    Posted: 02/25/2014 at 3:54pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg1kYtS8Fnk&edit=vd&t=29m35s

Edited by andy.h - 02/25/2014 at 3:57pm
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2014 at 4:01pm
at what time in the video is the rally
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2014 at 5:20pm
The time is in the link.  I like how Eugene calls time out after that to catch his breath.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2014 at 6:26pm
That scoreboard.
I assume it's a normal monitor hooked up to a PC. Is the software generally available?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2014 at 8:50pm
man, this guy has a nice away from the table BH. I am trying to develop something like that myself. Funny, in practice drills I am actually pretty consistent, but in match I can't force myself to stay neutral, always turn my body slightly to favor FH, and I never seem to be in a good position for that shot.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

That scoreboard.
I assume it's a normal monitor hooked up to a PC. Is the software generally available?

If I remember correctly, it is controlled via a tablet (ipad I think).  There is a small box (maybe a roku, or apple tv or something similar) connected to the TV that you can see on top.
That's all I know.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

man, this guy has a nice away from the table BH

A bit unrelated to the thread but: he plays with soft rubber on his BH (T05 fx - I saw his blade last year at a local tournament). So does Bochao Li (ex-CNT, Polish Super League player in NJ) who has a good away from the table BH as well.
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2014 at 12:32am
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

That scoreboard.

If I remember correctly, it is controlled via a tablet (ipad I think).  There is a small box (maybe a roku, or apple tv or something similar) connected to the TV that you can see on top.
That's all I know.

Will Shortz (the owner) told me that it was a custom app they had programmed and it's synced to the TV's wirelessly via Apple TV from an iPad.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2014 at 1:08am
24 strokes for the kid to get the point; that was hard work!
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2014 at 6:40am
Looks to me like Eugene Wang has figured out how to beat the kid, and just let him play to entertain the crowd.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2014 at 2:16pm
Nice match - thanks for posting!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Looks to me like Eugene Wang has figured out how to beat the kid, and just let him play to entertain the crowd.

i had that same feeling. He looked all too comfortable countering everything, but to me it appeared he always tried to land the ball back on the table softly.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

man, this guy has a nice away from the table BH

A bit unrelated to the thread but: he plays with soft rubber on his BH (T05 fx - I saw his blade last year at a local tournament). So does Bochao Li (ex-CNT, Polish Super League player in NJ) who has a good away from the table BH as well.

what blade did he use?
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2014 at 5:50pm

what blade did he use?
Eugene Wang uses Viscaria.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 3:16pm
im just wondering how that kid stays that good without practice
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 9:10pm

what blade did he use?

Both use Viscaria. Eugene used to use IF-ZLC prior to this.

Edited by slevin - 02/27/2014 at 9:11pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

im just wondering how that kid stays that good without practice

He doesn't practice? I thought he'd be ever present at Westchester TTC ...
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 9:18pm
he is but hardly ever practicing 
i mean his level practice 
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 10:21pm
I heard that Kai trains at the Lily Yip TTC

Edited by GMan4911 - 02/27/2014 at 10:21pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

You heard wrong...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 10:37pm
I find his footwork more amazing than his BH. He's going to gain some power as he gets a little bigger. He hasn't reached his ceiling yet.
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 11:06pm

You heard wrong...
I remember where I read it - in this thread

He trains at NJTTC.  Don't know if that is still current though.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 11:12pm

You heard wrong...

I remember where I read it - in this thread

He trains at NJTTC.  Don't know if that is still current though.

Wrong again

I started that thread. He was much later, living with the owner of the Westchester club & has been affiliated with them since. No comment on his LYTTC story...

Edited by slevin - 02/27/2014 at 11:14pm
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 12:10am

what blade did he use?

Both use Viscaria. Eugene used to use IF-ZLC prior to this.
What rubbers? H3 both?
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 12:22am
wang equipment:
http://www.butterflyonline.com/static.asp?htmltemplate=bio_e_wang.html

I wonder if he boosts his rubbers.
maybe he doesn't but he probably changes his rubbers every other week.
he has somewhat of a similar style to appelgren who's been mentioned a lot here lately.

as for the other guy, great rally but you could tell he was forcing it to the edge, which generally means at some point you crumble down.

Edited by puppy412 - 02/28/2014 at 12:26am
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 12:27am
Eugene uses t05 FH t80 BH on Viscaria last time I knew. 

Guessing Kai is Viscaria H3 T05fx?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 8:15am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I could be wrong, but last I heard he was using T05 on the FH.  When he got here I think he was using H3.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 9:41am
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I could be wrong, but l<span style="line-height: 1.4;">ast I heard he was using T05 on the FH.  When he got here I think he was using H3.</span>

Yes.

Most of the Chinese imports play Viscaria / H3 / Tenergy.

Bochao Li uses ZJK-ALC which is Viscaria 2.0. I'll check this weekend if his FH rubber is tuned or not.

Kewei Li (who of course, plays from way back so has different equipment requirement) used the Mizutani blade when I took a few lessons from him a few months ago - I thought he'd use a defensive blade. Nasty FH when he twiddles to using his Tenergy side.

Could someone (Andy.h, Purett, Kurokami?) request Will Shortz to start streaming his tournament main matches live? He gets the best players in the East coast to play. Should be good national advertising for his club as well. And I love watching Kai play.

Edited by slevin - 02/28/2014 at 9:43am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 10:30am

Kewei Li (who of course, plays from way back so has different equipment requirement) used the Mizutani blade when I took a few lessons from him a few months ago - I thought he'd use a defensive blade. Nasty FH when he twiddles to using his Tenergy side.
Are you sure he wasn't just using it for coaching? Last year after the Badger Open final (which he lost 2-4 against Eugene Wang) I asked him about his paddle and he was playing with BTY Joo See Hyuk blade.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 10:33am
Originally posted by puppy412 puppy412 wrote:

I wonder if he boosts his rubbers.
maybe he doesn't but he probably changes his rubbers every other week.
Pros don't need to boost their rubber as they get pimped rubbers from the factory. The Tenergy that Eugene (or Timo Boll) gets has nothing to do with the Tenergy we pick up at a supplier

My Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic