Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Observation/Realization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Observation/Realization
    Posted: 03/14/2014 at 4:18pm
First picture.

Left lens insert says "Made IN STIGA Trana's-Sweden".
Right lens insert says "Made BY STIGA (White colored font?) Trana's-Sweden".

Second picture.

Left lens insert says "Designed by......"
Right lens insert says "MODEL designed by......"

Big smile

Care to explain...
May be Magic_M could pitch in to explain....Geek

Edited by tiehwen - 03/14/2014 at 4:21pm
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 6:07pm
Well, companies change text on their products all the time. First one actually says "Made in Tranas, Sweden" with STIGA in the center, and then someone probably told them that it looks confusing so they changed it to "Made by STIGA, Tranas Sweden" without really changing position of the words. It is kinda funny...

Ever seen road signs that say Slow on top and Down on the bottom, and CHILDREN in the middle. If you read it sequentially from top to bottom - as most of us are taught to read - then the sign is kinda offensively funny...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 7:05pm
Wow, nicely spotted tiehwen!

Next we'll have people asking for only the model with certain lettering, as the performance is clearly better than the others. Sounds familiar? Big smile

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 7:24pm
We don't have, any far as I know, the "SLOW Children DOWN" sign in our 'hood.
We do however have signs like these, as shown. These make sense & we completely understand.
You must be talking about/referring to "Signs" you've seen in some other foreign countries? LOL

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Wow, nicely spotted tiehwen!
Next we'll have people asking for only the model with certain lettering, as the performance is clearly better than the others. Sounds familiar? Big smile

I know EXACTLY what you're trying to say.....
One classic example is like this:

"I have an old model Viscaria FL w/ no serial code w/metal tag YET mucked up, beat up, patched up, chewed up BUT hard to find/get. I'm asking for 599.00 USD...blah..blah..blah...".
Totally misleading, typical quote right from Scam Artist's text book...

To be honest, I just found out the "mistakes" or "inconsistency" on the lenses of my old Stiga AR Woods TODAY when I did some early spring cleaning.
Just sharing with you guys, that's all.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 7:39pm
Made in Sweden by our friends in China. Naw they look legit to me. Very observant tiehwen.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

We don't have, any far as I know, the "SLOW Children DOWN" sign in our 'hood.
We do however have signs like these, as shown. These make sense & we completely understand.
You must be talking about/referring to "Signs" you've seen in some other foreign countries? LOL

If by "foreign" country you mean the US of A, then yes, yes and yes. I will take a photo of one of those next time I see them Wink
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 8:42pm

"I have an old model Viscaria FL w/ no serial code w/metal tag YET mucked up, beat up, patched up, chewed up BUT hard to find/get. I'm asking for 599.00 USD...blah..blah..blah...".
Totally misleading, typical quote right from Scam Artist's text book...
I see no scam there. Just a precise description followed by an asking price.

In fact all I see is an old grumpy jealous man who clearly shows a pattern of constant harrassment, repeating the same thing over and over all the way to insanity. What the heck did he do to you to deserve so much hatred? Your behavior toward him is in my opinion relevant to mental illness and/or criminal action.

You made that same hypocrite statement more than 30 times. You are annoying. You need to stop. You have no right to pollute our lives with your bitterness. I am terminally tired of it.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 11:12pm
@fatt
that's exactly my very personal opinion which I'm entitled to have & free to express. Don't really care what you think of it.
Then again, you CAN express your opinion right here which I welcome yet not necessarily agree with.
Who's HE you're referring to. btw? Big smile
I'm very observant & I see that kinda "Statements/Quotes" or something similar appear quite often ALL the time.

Edited by tiehwen - 03/16/2014 at 12:32pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 12:56am

Edited by liulin04 - 03/15/2014 at 12:58am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 4:33am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Well, companies change text on their products all the time. First one actually says "Made in Tranas, Sweden" with STIGA in the center, and then someone probably told them that it looks confusing so they changed it to "Made by STIGA, Tranas Sweden" without really changing position of the words. It is kinda funny... 
No, it is not kinda funny. It helps me to find the right age of these blades. And you are wrong: The older lens is the lens with the imprint "MADE BY STIGA" and STIGA in white (silver) letters.

To be honest, I just found out the "mistakes" or "inconsistency" on the lenses of my old Stiga AR Woods TODAY when I did some early spring cleaning.
There is no "mistake" or "inconsistency". 
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Made in Sweden by our friends in China. Naw they look legit to me. Very observant tiehwen. 
Both blades are original and "normal"

I will try to help. Wink

The first "double-lenses" were produced in 1975. These blades had the imprint "MADE BY STIGA" and STIGA in white letters. The other lens had the imprint "MODEL DESIGNED BY ..." and the whole imprint also in white. Additional these blades had a serial-number on the side of the handle This serial-number shows the age of the blade, because there is a letter (A = 1975, B = 1976 ... I = 1983) and two numbers (01 = first week of the year ... 52 = last week). This kind of lens-combination was produced up to the beginning of 1983. 

After this time Stiga changed one of the lenses. "MODEL DESIGNED BY" changed into golden letters. Additional these blades did not get any serial-number. I can`t say exactly, how long this lens-combination was produced, but it may be a few years. So tiehwen`s straight Allround Wood is from this time.

The last version of the black "double-lenses" was produced from the end of the 80`s up to the 90`s. Now the other lens changed to "MADE IN" and STIGA in golden letters. That`s the version of tiehwen`s anatomic ALLROUND WOOD. This lens-combination was used for the last "Allround Wood" and the follower "Allround Classic"

OK, I hope, everything is clear now. But maybe you don`t believe me. As I remember, there was a guy, who told you, that I am writing "bla bla bla". Make your own thoughts. 
Wink

@ tiehwen: 

As you can see, your Allround Woods are not very old, because they belong to the last versions of these double-lenses, but nevertheless they both look really nice and in my eyes they are good for players AND collectors.
Thumbs Up

Edited by Magic_M - 03/15/2014 at 6:01am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 4:38am
I will be worried if the text says Designed or Made FOR Stiga.

BTW, all Babolat rackets have been "Engineered in France".
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 5:39am
Question What has Babolat to do with these blades Question
I don`t know, where Babolat, Heinz Ketchup or anything else is produced, but these old Stiga blades were definitely produced in Tranas, Sweden. Maybe this is different now (I just wrote sometimes about the "different" quality of actual Stiga blades), but here we talk about Tiehwen`s blades, shown in the pictures.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 6:13am
It is the phrase that is being discussed here and the possible implications of it. As far as speech intention is concerned, there is no whatsoever difference between "Stiga, made in Tranas - Sweden" and "Made by Stiga, Tranas - Sweden". While Designed in France or by Stellan doesn't mean that it is made in France or by Stellan - there are lots of intentions hidden in the verbal mind of the speaker.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 7:05am
Yes, that`s absolutely right. Between these two blades there is no noticeable difference, which has anything to do with the imprint. It is only a question of design, which changed during the years. I only wanted to say, that these blades are both original (there is no "mistake" in the lens) and the imprint helps to identify the decade of production. But once again: they are produced in Tranas.
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

It is the phrase that is being discussed here and the possible implications of it. As far as speech intention is concerned, there is no whatsoever difference between "Stiga, made in Tranas - Sweden" and "Made by Stiga, Tranas - Sweden". While Designed in France or by Stellan doesn't mean that it is made in France or by Stellan - there are lots of intentions hidden in the verbal mind of the speaker.
Actually, there is.  The first statement asserts that the product was made in Tranas.  The second statement could be interpreted as the product was made by Stiga, a company based in Tranas.  It could be made somewhere else and still be a true statement.

Edited by GMan4911 - 03/15/2014 at 7:36am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 8:05am
Good point!

Yet, by that time, Stiga had no foreign branches, so elsewhere is excluded by this condition - which, for a layman, is not explicitly given in the verbal and visual premises. As for domestic Eskilstuna, it is excluded by Tranas.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 12:12pm
@magic_m, imago & gman4911...Thumbs Up
Thank 3 of you, old buddies, for bringing these threads back to when these should belong. Very helpful, insightful input from 3 of you all. Very nice reading.
It was almost sabotaged by the other real grumpy old man....
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 12:55pm
....and lastly but not least.
Where does this Stiga 2000 AR Wood UTC An. (pics. belong to Gregor of Poland) fit in the thick of these Championship/Champion models?
Which 1 of these AR Wood has HIGHER resale value? LOL
Look at the lens inserts again.....

@magic_M.
I rather listen to/read your "blah...blah..blah", at least it makes sense unlike those other nonsense & misguiding & misleading "blah, blah & blah" out there.

Edited by tiehwen - 03/15/2014 at 5:01pm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2014 at 7:38pm
The Stiga 2000 was shown for the first time in 1973 (during the world championship in Sarajevo), from 1975 on with Allround Wood imprint and with the black double-lens. In this time the anatomic handles were called Stiga 2000 (Bengtsson = ST, Johansson = CO, Alser = FL, later the names changed to Lindh = CO or Contra = small FL). 

Now you only need to look at the color of the lenses and you have the answer. This blade is also similar to the both blades in the first post. The ply difference is an other kind of handle.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 5:26pm
these 2 are from "I dunno what model year" OC Evolution (Szyna's, I think...).
Very nice & professional looking golden fonts on red background Lens inserts.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic