Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

I am proud to present ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dreamer21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 12:09am
Thanks for the imformation,btw one more thing wanna know. Is that the old 'housewood' the same company as the 'wood house' own by Thomas right now?
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 2:26am
I don`t know any company called "housewood". I only know "Wood House"
mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 9:40am
Magic M,

I noticed that all your Stiga blades have straight handles.Any particular reason?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 2:15pm
It seems, that you did not watch the whole thread Wink

The first part of my collection was the "letter-collection". There you will find at least 9 blades, 1x FL (Alser), 4x CO (Neidert, Johansson, Stipancic and Flisan) and 4x ST (Bengtsson, Mellis, Ehrlich and Bernhardt).

As I wrote, STellan Bengtsson was my favorite player in my youth. Therefore the second collection-part is my "Bengtsson letter-collection" and the third part is the "Bengtsson lens-collection".
All Stellan Bengtsson blades had a straight handle. That`s the simple reason.

The Donic "white lens collection"contains different kinds of handles. If you have one of my Donic blades with ST handle, while I am presenting any other handle, you can offer me your ST blades for trade, because I also prefer ST handles as player.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 2:26pm
The next blade got the name of a well known swedish player, who was one of the best table tennis players in the 80`s and 90`s. Three times he won the european single championship and together with the swedish national team he won three times the world championship. I am talking about Mikael Appelgren

Donic Appelgren Master

Although Appelgren was a top player, this AG Master is also a beginner-blade, 
thin (5,0 mm), light (72g) and slow (not more than All-).

Edited by Magic_M - 12/28/2014 at 2:26pm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2014 at 1:59pm
With a weight of 98g the next blade is much more powerful than the first three blades.

Donic Appelgren World Champion

The heavy weight is really astonishing, because the head size is only 15,5 x 15,1 cm 
and the blade-thickness is only 4,95 mm. So the used wood material must be extremely heavy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

It seems, that you did not watch the whole thread Wink

The first part of my collection was the "letter-collection". There you will find at least 9 blades, 1x FL (Alser), 4x CO (Neidert, Johansson, Stipancic and Flisan) and 4x ST (Bengtsson, Mellis, Ehrlich and Bernhardt).

As I wrote, STellan Bengtsson was my favorite player in my youth. Therefore the second collection-part is my "Bengtsson letter-collection" and the third part is the "Bengtsson lens-collection".
All Stellan Bengtsson blades had a straight handle. That`s the simple reason.

The Donic "white lens collection"contains different kinds of handles. If you have one of my Donic blades with ST handle, while I am presenting any other handle, you can offer me your ST blades for trade, because I also prefer ST handles as player.

I am following it quite closelySmile

I was reffering to the Bengssson collection.

I have someone at my club who has a few Bengtssons,which also had str handles,which made me wonder.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by mahomedy13 mahomedy13 wrote:

I have someone at my club who has a few Bengtssons,which also had str handles,which made me wonder.
Please ask him, if he has one of these blades.

Some blades are still missing in this part of my collection:
  • Bengtsson Graphite Wood
  • Bengtsson Super Carbon 2nd series (white imprint)
  • Bengtsson Offensiv Evolution (red double lens)
  • Stellan Allround Evolution (red single lens)
If you have one of these blades or if you own any other blades, which are not listed here, but also belong to this series, please contact me with pm. 

I can buy these blades, but I have also several interesting blades for trade.
Thanks
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 3:41pm
The next blade is a very famous, but also a very good blade.

Donic Appelgren Allplay

Composition: limba - limba - ayous - limba - limba

That`s one of the most classic blades ever and much better than the actual version. Wink

Edited by Magic_M - 12/31/2014 at 10:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 4:14pm

Originally posted by mahomedy13 mahomedy13 wrote:

Please ask him, if he has one of these blades.

Some blades are still missing in this part of my collection:
  • Bengtsson Graphite Wood
  • Bengtsson Super Carbon 2nd series (white imprint)
  • Bengtsson Offensiv Evolution (red double lens)
  • Stellan Allround Evolution (red single lens)
If you have one of these blades or if you own any other blades, which are not listed here, but also belong to this series, please contact me with pm. 

I can buy these blades, but I have also several interesting blades for trade.
Thanks

I will.I myself was planning on buying 1,so i will ask  him for a list of what he got,which i will forward to you(if he is willing to sell)
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2014 at 10:24am
From Appelgren we go to another famous swedish player. In 1991 he won the world championship in the single competition and 4x (1989, 1991, 1993 and 2000) the team competition. Of course I mean Jörgen Persson.

Donic Persson Powerplay

Composition: koto - foil - ayous - ayous - ayous - foil - koto

You will find many discussions about the correct composition of the PPP, especially about the second veneer, because this second veneer was really "unusual". Donic used a thin foil of compressed paper instead of normal wood, carbon or arylate.

The Persson Powerplay (PPP) is one of the best Donic blades, especially in this version. My blade is a powerful 7-ply with 5,8 mm thickness and a weight of 90g.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2015 at 10:47am
The next blade is another Persson blade, not as famous as the Powerplay, but nevertheless a fantastic blade in my eyes.

Donic Persson Powerallround

Composition: limba - koto - ayous - koto - limba

This is the first version of the Persson Powerallround (PPA), with koto as second veneer. This version has a bit more power and is a bit more direct than the later version, which had limba as outer and second veneer. My PPA has a thickness of 5,7 mm and a weight of 94g. For me it is more Off- than AR+.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 2:07pm
The next two blades are composition blades. Today we start with a very good carbon blade.

Donic Carboplay

Composition: koto - carbon - ayous - ayous - ayous - carbon - koto

Edited by Magic_M - 01/04/2015 at 11:44am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2015 at 5:00am
The second composite blade of the "white-lens-series" is also a limba-ayous-composition like the Caboplay, but instead of carbon Donic used kevlar in this blade.

Donic Kevplay

Together with the thinner construction (Carboplay = 5,6 mm / Kevplay = 5,3 mm) the Kevplay has more feeling, more control and is the better choice for looping, while the Carboplay is better for smashing.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2015 at 11:31am
The last blade of this collection-part is another special blade.

Donic Interface 7/5

Donic`s intention was, to produce a 7-ply with the feeling of a 5-ply and they did it very well. They used 5 normal wood-plies and added 2 layers of the compressed paper (foil) like they also used in the PPP.

The Interface is the predecessor of the Donic Falcon, which ws available as 5- and 7-ply.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2015 at 11:40am
My Donic "white-lens-collection":

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2015 at 11:42am

The next two blades are composition blades. Today we start with a very good carbon blade.
The Carboplay has a classic limba - ayous - combination, but combined with a carbon-layer.

The outer ply of your carboplay is not limba it is obviously koto . Nice blade indeed.

Edited by adishorul - 01/04/2015 at 1:31pm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

The outer ply of your carboplay is not limba it is obviously koto . Nice blade indeed.
You are right. Thumbs Up My mistake.

Although I like this Donic collection very much, each of these blades is available for a trade against:

- Stiga Bengtsson Graphite Wood
- Stiga Bengtsson Offensiv Evolution (red double lens)
- Stiga Stellan Allround Evolution (red single lens)
- Stiga Bengtsson Super Carbon (white imprint)

Edited by Magic_M - 01/04/2015 at 11:46am
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

The Carboplay has a classic limba - ayous - combination, but combined with a carbon-layer.

I would say it is actually Ayous, sometimes they look quite similar, I made the same mistake with the Appelgren Falcon...
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by E.ZegnaFan E.ZegnaFan wrote:

Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I have one question:   What is the meaning of "back side top spin" ???

The side with that sticker is supposed to be the Forehand side (thus front side).  So why is it "back side" ??

The one with unique handle (Erlich), I used to own one with that handle, but made by Butterfly.  I can't remember if it's Butterfly Erlich or just ordinary butterfly.   If I remember correctly, it has black (or brown??) leather grip with that shape.   The handle has holes on it, I can't figure out the function of those holes though.

Back side because it's inverted and was referred to Yasaka Stiga Cobra 3 stars rubber from mid 60's to early 70's to play top spin.
I guess yours is Butterfly Swedish Style from the 70's- early 80's. Cheers Smile

Yes, just to add, bats/paddles were generally only available as a pre-made set up back then.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 3:06pm
My pride and joy in 1969.  A 'backside topspin" Alser blade with green three star cobra, purchased at a local sporting goods store in Stockholm.  My first "real' blade.

I have seen most of those incredible blades from the collection before (back in the days when they were fairly new), including the rare ones like the Neidert, and Carl-Johan Bernhardt, but it is amazing to me that some of them still exist.  Brings back incredible nostalgic memories.  I hadn't clicked on this thread earlier, but I think you from the bottom of my heart for sharing them.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2015 at 4:41pm
For everyone, who likes to own one of those old paddles, here you may find, what you are looking for:
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2015 at 5:40pm
Besides the Stiga and Donic blades I have some Nittaku blades in my collection: the shake-series and the combo wood blades. Let`s start with one of the most famous Nittaku blades ever:

Nittaku Shake Defence sold

Composition: hinoki - carbon - willow - carbon - hinoki

This blade is unplayed and from the first series of the NSD. 

1. series (up to the 80`s): N.JTTAA stamp on the left side of the head, weight on the right side
2. series (beginning of the 90`s): stamp under the handle, weight on the right side of the head
3. series (end of 90`s - middle of 2000`s): stamp on the side of the handle, weight on the head
4. series (middle of the 2000`s up to now): no weight, stamp under the handle

The first version has more feeling than the later versions and so far as I know, the head was a bit bigger (16,8 x 16,1 cm). Nevertheless the weight is only 80g.

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:29am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2015 at 2:08pm
The next blade from this series has a similar composition like the Shake Defence, but this blade is better for attacking and fast looping.

Nittaku Shake Offence sold

Everyone, who watched my NSD-post knows, that this (unplayed) blade is from the 80`s, because the weight is written on the right side of the head and the stamp is under the handle. Unfortunately the NSO was always only available with AN handle, just as the NSD was only produced with ST handle.

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:29am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 2:13pm
The next blade is also new and unplayed, but rarer than the first two blades.

Nittaku Shake Power sold

Weight on the right and stamp on the left side of the head shows, that this NSP is also from the very first series. With a weight of only 68g it is extremely light, although the head is not really small (16,2 x 15,3).

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:31am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 12:03pm
The last blade of this series is one of the rarest blades on this planet. To be honest: I don`t know anyone, who owns this blade besides me. Of course there may be an other owner anywhere, but I don`t know any one. I also did not find any picture of this blade in the world wide web.

Nittaku Shake Allround sold

When I finally got this blade (after a long long time), it looked really terrible.

I am sure, that nearly no one would have bought this ugly paddle. But fortunately 
  • some "damages" were only dirty rests of glue or something like that
  • I know someone, who is able to restore old blades perfectly
Therfore I am able now, to present the Shake Allround in much better condition Wink

If you look at the first two pictures, you can seem that the NSA also had the weight on the rich side of the handle (this could not be saved, when the dirt had to be removed from the blade). So you can see, that this NSA is also from the very first series. In opposite to the other blades the NSA was produced only for a very shorts time. That`s the reason, why this blade is extremely rare.

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:30am
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 9:11pm

The last blade of this series is one of the rarest blades on this planet. To be honest: I don`t know anyone, who owns this blade besides me. Of course there may be an other owner anywhere, but I don`t know any one. I also did not find any picture of this blade in the world wide web.

Nittaku Shake Allround

When I finally got this blade (after a long long time), it looked really terrible.

I am sure, that nearly no one would have bought this ugly paddle. But fortunately 
  • some "damages" were only dirty rests of glue or something like that
  • I know someone, who is able to restore old blades perfectly
Therfore I am able now, to present the Shake Allround in much better condition Wink

If you look at the first two pictures, you can seem that the NSA also had the weight on the rich side of the handle (this could not be saved, when the dirt had to be removed from the blade). So you can see, that this NSA is also from the very first series. In opposite to the other blades the NSA was produced only for a very shorts time. That`s the reason, why this blade is extremely rare.

Wow, incredible.  How can him fix this blade like that.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 9:59pm
very nice, what size?
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 11:38pm
@TKMP: AFAIK,he fixed/cleaned that blade by sandblasting as he mentioned once on German TT forum Big smile So any blade with lettering imprinted will be lost and blade's thickness might become thinner Cry

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 01/10/2015 at 12:08am

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 2:24am
@ E.ZegnaFan:

Where did I write or say, that my friend cleaned it by "sandblasting" ? I never wrote this and it is nonsense. The blade has been cleaned with a fluid, which is much more effective than acetone or anything like that. You can remove varnish or anything else with this fluid. Normal people can`t buy this in Germany, because it is not really healthy to work with it.

The blade has the same thickness as before (4,9 mm). Of course it looked a bit thicker before refreshing because of the old glue and dirt. For example old Stiga blades are often sealed with schellac. If you remove this lacquer, the blade will become thinner about 0,1 mm. But it is not the blade, that gets thinner. The blade gets its original thickness back.

The Shake Allround is a very controlled and light (71g) blade, which was only produced with this special kind of conic handle. The head size is 16,3 x 15,2 cm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic