FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane Hao III blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane Hao III blade
    Posted: 12/29/2014 at 9:07pm
I am thinking to get one Hurricance hao III blade, but there is not much review online. My feeling is that it is probably similar to Barwell Fleet with the glass layer in the middle.

Can anyone offer suggestions on this blade? This blade is good for backhand play but Wang Hao used Cpen for RPB so I am not sure about the shakehand version.
Sponsored Links

mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2014 at 11:47pm
Waiting for the same thing.
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 2:52am

I tested this blade , this is a soft one  compared to others high-end blades from DHS (King 3, Long, Long 2 or Long 5). Tests were done with H3 Nat BS FH and T05 BH,  below is the comparion to other well-known  blades that I have played :

Speed : Primorac Carbon > Hao 3 ~ TB ZLC > ZJK ALC, Viscaria, Maze

Spin : Hao 3 > ZJK ALC, Viscaria, Maze> TB ZLC > Primorac Carbon

Control : Hao 3 ~TB ZLC ~Viscaria ~ZJK ALC > Maze > Primorac Carbon

Viscaria, Maze and Primorac Carbon that I have played are the old tag blades, so, better than the silver tag blades.

I have played with many blades but this is the one that generates the most spin with  good speed, I prefer Long serie blades  as I need speed and power for  my game.  

If your game is based on the spin  and you are looking for a spinny blade with acceptable speed and very good control, IMHO, this is the one for you.

Good luck.

Edited by kprimorac - 12/30/2014 at 2:54am
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 1:11pm
I totally dissagre with kprimorac.First of all it doesn't means that the old tag blades are better than the silver ones.It is just that the old tgs are more collectible because they are discontinued.I can say that some blades have not the same quality as the old tagged blades but still are exceptional.Secondly in the "speed" category the Hao III must be after TB ZLC cause the timo boll is faster that the Hao so the same goes to control...the Hao has better control and the timo boll less.(btw Maze has more control than viscaria and ZJK ALC)

@kindof99 I own this blade and I have to tell you that it is a great blade in general.It has almost same speed as viscaria, exceptional feeling and great control.You can create great amounts of spin and it can raise the ball with spin very easy, after underspin.Your feeling about this blade being similar with barwell fleet is wrong.Different ply woods and also one ply of fiberglass instead of two that barwell fleet has.The barwell fleet is more powerfull an hard in feeling than the Hao III.Hao is more controlable and forgives a lot of your mistakes.This blade helped me a lot and I would like to play more with it, but it is so special in looking, so after special  number of trainings i put it again in its box for not getting the handle dirty.You will find the handle a little bit smaller than the usual FL handles but it is great grip when you play with it.If you are not an amature player, you will find it great to play with and it will helps you improve your game.I had no problems in every shots.I was flicking like a "game", playing eaysily looping to looping, excellent in short game with underspin and very good recieve after serving.

P.S. it was tested with 2 tenergies 05.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 1:14pm
kindof99 if you dont want to spend so much money for the HaoIII, you can take the DHS PG 13.It has the same structure and generally are the same blades.I have this blade too, but I have never used it to tell you excectly if there are any differences but they are the same constructed.I don't know if for the HaoIII the DHS uses better woods (AAA quality) and for the PG 13 uses more comon woods (A quality).
But the difference from price to price is huge!!!

Edited by *_strataras_* - 12/30/2014 at 1:15pm
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
dashmista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashmista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 1:24pm
I have the Hao III SH FL. I think it's an awesome blade with great balance between flex, arc, stability, and power / control. I would say that the touch you gain at the table due to it being all wood trades some power when you step 5-6 feet back and loop. I don't really use mine anymore, I'm on the Nittaku Feminist buzz now.
Table Tennis Equipment Review FB EJ4LYFE at powerpingpong.com for
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I totally dissagre with kprimorac.First of all it doesn't means that the old tag blades are better than the silver ones.It is just that the old tgs are more collectible because they are discontinued.I can say that some blades have not the same quality as the old tagged blades but still are exceptional.Secondly in the "speed" category the Hao III must be after TB ZLC cause the timo boll is faster that the Hao so the same goes to control...the Hao has better control and the timo boll less.(btw Maze has more control than viscaria and ZJK ALC)

@kindof99 I own this blade and I have to tell you that it is a great blade in general.It has almost same speed as viscaria, exceptional feeling and great control.You can create great amounts of spin and it can raise the ball with spin very easy, after underspin.Your feeling about this blade being similar with barwell fleet is wrong.Different ply woods and also one ply of fiberglass instead of two that barwell fleet has.The barwell fleet is more powerfull an hard in feeling than the Hao III.Hao is more controlable and forgives a lot of your mistakes.This blade helped me a lot and I would like to play more with it, but it is so special in looking, so after special  number of trainings i put it again in its box for not getting the handle dirty.You will find the handle a little bit smaller than the usual FL handles but it is great grip when you play with it.If you are not an amature player, you will find it great to play with and it will helps you improve your game.I had no problems in every shots.I was flicking like a "game", playing eaysily looping to looping, excellent in short game with underspin and very good recieve after serving.

P.S. it was tested with 2 tenergies 05.

If you asked someone who has played with old tag and new tag for the same model of Butterfly blade, they will confirm my statement. the old tag blades will always give you better feel, more spin with equal or greater speed. You can also have old blade with bad performance because they are not conserved correctly. Old blades are generally more expensive not only for they collect value but also because of they performance.

From my personnal experiences, i have played several years with viscaria, maze , primorac carbon, sardius old version and tested also new version. I always find old tag blades give me better performançe.

For the control, it's surprised me that you find Maze has better control than viscaria   and ZJK ALC , did you use the same rubbers ?I have tested all the blades mentionned with the same rubbers to have a meaningful comparison.

Just my 2 cents.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 3:57pm
I don't say that there is no difference between old tagged and new tagged butterfly blades, but there are a few.I play for 12 years and I have many old and new tagged butterfly blades, which are playing the same.My 2 old tagged primorac carbons, are playing excactly the same with a silver tagged that I have too (it happens to be the same gramms -+1/2gramms, so no big difference).I know that there is a big difference for some blades such as viscarias...when you have a viscaria from late 80's, it cannot be the same with a 2012 viscaria.But we should no take example from the years...I am just talking generally about the old tagged and new tagged.Generally speaking, no there are no big differences!

About the Maze, think only the outer plaies of each blade...Maze has limba and viscaria has Koto...totally different woods.If this is not enough this to you, see and the blasa core of viscaria and the kiri(if I remember right) of the Maze.So for me I think that Maze is a little more controlable than viscaria, not from the thinking of the wood construction, but from personal playing with them).

P.S. ALWAYs I try blades with the same rubbers.If you don't use the same rubbers to compare blades, for me, the review of a blade, is useless!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 10:17pm
Thanks all for the replies and suggestions.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2014 at 2:43am

kindof99 if you dont want to spend so much money for the HaoIII, you can take the DHS PG 13.It has the same structure and generally are the same blades.I have this blade too, but I have never used it to tell you excectly if there are any differences but they are the same constructed.I don't know if for the HaoIII the DHS uses better woods (AAA quality) and for the PG 13 uses more comon woods (A quality).

what about the 825 blade from dhs (7ply)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2014 at 1:22pm
I have never played with that blade, sorry.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

thought it was the DHS TG7 that is similar to Hao 3.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Soundoff88 Soundoff88 wrote:

no, it is the PG 13, with the single composite layer in the middle of the construction.

PG7 is the cheaper version of Hurricane Long
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2015 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Soundoff88 Soundoff88 wrote:

TG7, PG7, TG506, and 506 are the ones similar to Hurricane Long 3.
PG 13 is the one that is similar/ cheaper version of Hao 3.
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

joshuadn11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshuadn11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 5:11pm
Just got this blade too, can't wait to test it out with H3Neo FH and T64 BH!
Joshie de GoIden
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 5:24pm
Will you please let me know how it feels?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 9:14am
I actually have one myself  now and like it very much. It is very controllable for short games and powerfully for long shots. The close table loop and smash is so amazing that you can feel that you are Wang Hao for a second. And it is so easy to lift underspin, much easier than Barwell Fleet. I am thinking to get another one as backup. Anyone bought this blade from TTNPP before?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 12:19pm
how it compares to Long 5?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

how it compares to Long 5?

I do not own Long 5, but I have long 3. Hao III has much more control than Long 3 IMO. The power is about the same with Long 3 a little bit higher. Hao III is also easier to lift underspin than Long 3. 
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 2:08pm
HH3 has tons more flex than Long 5.  Much less solid feel as well.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 2:15pm
I played with Hao 3 , Long 2 and Long 5 :

- Spin :

Hao 3>Long5~Long 2

- Speed :

Hao 3 < Long 2 <Long 5

- Control

Hao 3~Long 2 > Long 5

If your game is spin oriented, Hao 3 is the best blade among those high-end DHS blade, if your game is power looper, Long 5 is better. long 2 is some where between, some friends in my club find Long 2 is more easier to play, Long 5 is the most diffilcult to adapt.

Just my 2 cents.

kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 2:16pm
I played with Hao 3 , Long 2 and Long 5 :

- Spin :

Hao 3>Long5~Long 2

- Speed :

Hao 3 < Long 2 <Long 5

- Control

Hao 3~Long 2 > Long 5

If your game is spin oriented, Hao 3 is the best blade among those high-end DHS blades, if your game is power looper, Long 5 is better. long 2 is some where between, some friends in my club find Long 2 is more easier to play, Long 5 is the most diffilcult to adapt.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by kprimorac - 04/17/2015 at 2:17pm
ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 2:24pm
+1 for PG13.

I currently have PG12 and PG13. I switch between them according to the mood. PG13 is more lively than PG12. It gives really good kick to the ball.

With the availability of good and cheap blades, I don't think about expensive blades anymore.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 3:15pm
PG13 about $41,
HAO III, about $100

I prefer Hao III because of its much finer finish and solid handle.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 3:29pm
thanks kprimorac
Can you compare Hao 3, Long 5 and King 3?
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 4:49pm
- spin

Hao 3> King 3~ long 5

- Speed

Hao 3 < Long 5 < King 3

-Control

Hao 3> Long 5~ King 5

- Hardness

Hao 3 < Long 5 < King 3

For smash, King 3 is the most easier, when you try a fast opening lop, Long 5 is easier than King 3 and the ball doesn't rebound on the table, this is like the difference in the loop from Wang liqin and Ma Long. I played with Hao 3 , Long, Long 2, Long 3 and then Long 5 for only a few weeks, King 3 for a few months, King 3 the one I prefer, i am a looping player.

if you play mid-distance or far from the table, and prefer the blades with hard feel (like Sardius, Primorac Carbon,Schlager Carbon)King 3 is better choice IMHO, just be careful when you remove rubbers from DHS blades, if you use water based glue, some times, the wood gone with the rubbers, only finezip from Nittaku can help a avoiding   such problems.

Hope that help.

Good luck :-)
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 4:52pm

thanks for your opinion. very helpful
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

PG13 about $41,
HAO III, about $100

Hurricane Hao 3 is $199.95 at Paddle Palace...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

PG13 about $41,
HAO III, about $100

Hurricane Hao 3 is $199.95 at Paddle Palace...
ttnpp has the FL version on sale for $ 93 ($155 reg.)
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:17pm
Never tried Hao 3, But from Hurricane long 1,2,3,5 and Hurricane King 3, I still prefer Hurricane Long 1

Edited by peter79 - 04/17/2015 at 11:17pm
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic